PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Norcal Accidents

Kindsvater Flat
05-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Woodson Bridge on the sac river. Jet ski pulling 2 tubers. One drowned, no jacket.
Lake Shasta.. Driver of a PWC rearended a boat and did not survive the boats propeller.
Stonygorge Resivoir.... No accidents but many locals that I talked to will not return on holiday weekends.
Haven't heard anything else from other LEO's.

Her454
05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
We had alot of LEO's at Hogan this Memorial weekend, more than usual. 3 Medi-Flights... 1 child bit from a rattlesnake, a plane that buzzed us earlier in the day while we were towing the kids in the tube crashed..... and then a couple drunk kids got into a fight and one was hurt pretty bad...had the main launch ramp closed for 2 hours while the helo landed and picked one of them up on Sunday evening. :rolleyes:

Desert Rat
05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Hogan used to be such a nice place. The last time there some late 20 something had the contract for the place (cleaning and what not) the bathrooms were a friggin mess and she let all her white trash friends in for free on the no show spots and they would throw overnight VERY loud stupid drunk fests.:mad: Kids puking in the street and F bombs dropped like it was the only word they knew! Wrote letters to the Army corp and got a return that they would look into it. Haven't been back! Sad very sad

blown65
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Two others at Shasta that I know of. Not sure of the outcome of them.
One was two kids, 10 and 12 supposedly got hit by the tower when it broke? This was spoken to my wife at the docks by someone working there. (BridgeBay rental boat I believe.)
Other one I have no clue what happened but a ski boat was upside down just a ways outside of the Packers Bay inlet area. (By the 5mph low water to the Sac arm) Actually got pics of that one.
Hopefully the kids were ok. We did however hear about the accident with the PWC up the Pitt/Squaw.

Eliminator 4 Life
05-29-2007, 09:36 PM
We had alot of LEO's at Hogan this Memorial weekend, more than usual. 3 Medi-Flights... 1 child bit from a rattlesnake, a plane that buzzed us earlier in the day while we were towing the kids in the tube crashed..... and then a couple drunk kids got into a fight and one was hurt pretty bad...had the main launch ramp closed for 2 hours while the helo landed and picked one of them up on Sunday evening. :rolleyes:
There was a plane that buzzed don pedro on sunday to doing barrel rolls and stalling out..

twowheeledfish
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Woodson Bridge on the sac river. Jet ski pulling 2 tubers. One drowned, no jacket.
Lake Shasta.. Driver of a PWC rearended a boat and did not survive the boats propeller.
Stonygorge Resivoir.... No accidents but many locals that I talked to will not return on holiday weekends.
Haven't heard anything else from other LEO's.
The incident happened about 2 miles downstream of the bridge. I took a spin from Scotty's up to Woodson and saw the Tehama Co Sheriff boat in the water, chopper in the air, and the watercraft on shore. I had a feeling something bad had happened...
Was at Stonygorge last year for memorial day and watched a truck drive off the road and into the water between the fig orchards... it was one of the many incidents I witnessed that weekend and vowed also not to go there again on holidays.

boatsnblondes
05-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I stay in the garage on hloidays...I'm just so not into the whole lake lice out out for the day drink and get drunk and crash thingy....give me a cool beer and the BBQ and i am in so good shape...glad to see you all are ok, that you made it through, though some of you have more bad stories to add to your list....best to you all...BNB

Her454
05-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Hogan used to be such a nice place. The last time there some late 20 something had the contract for the place (cleaning and what not) the bathrooms were a friggin mess and she let all her white trash friends in for free on the no show spots and they would throw overnight VERY loud stupid drunk fests.:mad: Kids puking in the street and F bombs dropped like it was the only word they knew! Wrote letters to the Army corp and got a return that they would look into it. Haven't been back! Sad very sad
She is still there but the bathrooms have improved quite a bit. She still camps during the week occasionally and I had the pleasure of being stuck next to her last year AND her two out of control Pit Bulls. (No dig on the Pits, just happened to be the breed here) The dogs scared the f*&^ out of me so bad I moved to another campsite and complained. One broke the leash and came after my dog and I jumped in my truck and locked the door. They would go crazy if anyone walked anywhere near their campsite that happened to be near the bathrooms so it couldnt be helped.
If that were my dogs I'd have been kicked out, arrested and on death row by now.:mad:

Ziggy
05-30-2007, 07:57 AM
She is still there but the bathrooms have improved quite a bit. She still camps during the week occasionally and I had the pleasure of being stuck next to her last year AND her two out of control Pit Bulls. (No dig on the Pits, just happened to be the breed here) The dogs scared the f*&^ out of me so bad I moved to another campsite and complained. One broke the leash and came after my dog and I jumped in my truck and locked the door. They would go crazy if anyone walked anywhere near their campsite that happened to be near the bathrooms so it couldnt be helped.
If that were my dogs I'd have been kicked out, arrested and on death row by now.:mad:
only if you can get past the metal detector :D:D

Her454
05-30-2007, 10:28 AM
only if you can get past the metal detector :D:D
Hi Zig, hope you had a great Mem weekend!:D