PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back memories

Phat_Kat
06-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Hello,
My father had a bitchen old V-drive tahiti that he never lost a race in. We never did any real races on a strip but we did do some river races. My Dad and I have been hunting all over for his old boat and we've given up. My Dad has been real depressed and grumpy lately because reality has really sunk in for him. I want to cheer the poor fella up by helping him figure out how to get a new rod to scare everyone away again. The only info I can give you about he boat is that it made almost damn near as much noise as a top fuel dragster and when he'd just tapp the throttle everyone whould literally jump about 6 inches in the air. Also, in about 95% of all the river races he did, it took about 1-2 seconds on the throttle and it was obvious he'd won. I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to V-drives so if you guys could list some good hulls, both flat bottom bubble decks and 19 or so foot cats, along with some Q&A so I know we're on the same page in this quest.
Thanks

Infomaniac
06-28-2003, 08:20 PM
What year model - color - etc. Who where when did he sell it?
Need some hints.

Phat_Kat
06-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Infomaniac:
What year model - color - etc. Who where when did he sell it?
Need some hints. I think 78, Black with custom flames and a tazmanian devil on the drivers side with a foamin mouth. Sold it to a friend of a friend who looks like a reformed gang member. Then he sold it and that guy sold it and now we've lost it. You'll know it when you see it. But really I've given up. It's getting to where it's worth more to get a new boat.

GofastRacer
06-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Yeah but it still would be nice to find it though, I wish I could find my first boat!.. :)

Beautiful Noise
06-28-2003, 09:48 PM
I know Exactly right were my 1st Boat is that I bought in 1973........It's in my Mom's driveway it hasn't been used since 1990,But I don't think I could go back to a 16'with a Johnson 90 on it :)
Steve

Phat_Kat
06-28-2003, 09:51 PM
GofastRacer:
Yeah but it still would be nice to find it though, I wish I could find my first boat!.. :) this was like my dad's 50th boat! The only reason he misses it so much is because it was so damn cool and just plain loved it.

vdrivenman
06-29-2003, 05:29 AM
do you have any of the hull information like registration number s or vin # ?? if so go to parks & wildlife or whatever you have in ca. and ask them to run a check on the numbers. it should show the current owner and their information. if that doesn't work ask them to run a title search that will show past & present owners even if hull is not currently registered!
a long shot would be using the trailers tag number, but it might work !

Phat_Kat
06-29-2003, 05:45 AM
vdrivenman:
do you have any of the hull information like registration number s or vin # ?? if so go to parks & wildlife or whatever you have in ca. and ask them to run a check on the numbers. it should show the current owner and their information. if that doesn't work ask them to run a title search that will show past & present owners even if hull is not currently registered!
a long shot would be using the trailers tag number, but it might work ! we don't have shit. What I want to know now is what are the best "rocket" hulls.

Sangster
06-29-2003, 05:52 AM
Canyon Boats......

Phat_Kat
06-29-2003, 06:33 AM
Sangster:
Canyon Boats...... links please. I'm just looking for an old "classic" hull that my dad and I can fix up.

Phat_Kat
06-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Sangster:
Canyon Boats...... links please. I'm just looking for an old "classic" hull that my dad and I can fix up.

dmontzsta
06-29-2003, 07:00 AM
I watched a 68 Aquacraft with a New Custom paint job...and a 396/402 mildly built set up for circle racing sell for $3800.00 on ebay...man it was cherry.
The Lavey is my first boat, and my Maxima is my first car...When I buy something, I buy planning to keep forever...choose wisely...

GofastRacer
06-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Beautiful Noise:
I know Exactly right were my 1st Boat is that I bought in 1973........It's in my Mom's driveway it hasn't been used since 1990,But I don't think I could go back to a 16'with a Johnson 90 on it :)
Steve That's when I bought my first one in 73, a Stevens flat!.. :cool: