PDA

View Full Version : Insulted a wakebaorder today

RitcheyRch
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Today was getting my haircut and the man next to me was telling the stylist about his boat. We began talking about boats and about him teaching his wife how to back-up the trailer. He eventually asked me what type of boat I had. I told him most likely he hasnt heard of it since most people havent. I told him what it was and he said his neighbor had one.
I then asked him what kind of boat he had and he went into detail about owning a Malibu Wakeboard Boat. He said he bought it in 2005 for $58K.
Without thinking, I said "that sure is a lot of money for a boat that only goes 45 mph."
You should have seen the look on his face. It was priceless. As though was a second thought he tried to explain that he isnt into going fast and that he just likes to cruise around.
Just thought would share this with everyone.

Cheap Thrills
05-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Without thinking, I said "that sure is a lot of money for a boat that only goes 45 mph."
Too Funny ^5s :D
C.T. :wink:

atomickitn
05-29-2007, 07:43 PM
heck only 58k, thats cheep for a malibuuuu, the new ones today are wayyyyy over priced at around 75k fully loaded....and they still only do 45mph:D

beaverretriever
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
LOL, I think it is more like 43.7 on GPS and radar...:D
You could have followed up with "oh, the ones with the big roll bar; for when they flip over if the water gets rough".:devil:

RitcheyRch
Thanks. Sorry for the double post.
Too Funny ^5s :D

DaveA
You should have seen the look on his face. It was priceless. As though was a second thought he tried to explain that he isnt into going fast and that he just likes to cruise around.\
He's not into going fast because he CAN'T.
You Owned Him...
:D

RitcheyRch
05-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I should have said "thats alot of money for a boat that only goes 45 mph and rides like crap" but didnt want to totally ruin his day. :D
An old co-worker just bought a 24' Tige' and think they paid over $60K with all the bells and whistles.

atomickitn
05-29-2007, 08:15 PM
if i paid 60k for a boat it better do better than 43.7, hell i can get my grandpas boat that does 55, for around 12k:D

SurfOnH20
05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Maybe he likes to cruise around :idea: Since when does speed make it a good or bad day on the lake. ?

hoolign
05-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Today was getting my haircut and the man next to me was telling the stylist about his boat. We began talking about boats and about him teaching his wife how to back-up the trailer. He eventually asked me what type of boat I had. I told him most likely he hasnt heard of it since most people havent. I told him what it was and he said his neighbor had one.
I then asked him what kind of boat he had and he went into detail about owning a Malibu Wakeboard Boat. He said he bought it in 2005 for $58K.
You should have seen the look on his face. It was priceless. As though was a second thought he tried to explain that he isnt into going fast and that he just likes to cruise around.
shoud have asked if that was GPS or Ebay speed:D

BadKachina
05-29-2007, 09:08 PM
You Owned Him...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31922&d=1180501675

Just foreplay
05-29-2007, 09:14 PM
He's not into going fast because he CAN'T.
You Owned Him...
Now that's classic....I would have been pressed not to laugh..

Goldilocks
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31922&d=1180501675
OUCH :sqeyes:

vee-driven
05-29-2007, 10:21 PM
its hard to believe most guys aren't gearheads like most of us, you should have seen my face when a friend of mine asked me "what does the crank do" when i was tearing his bbc apart.

SPOCKER
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I should have said "thats alot of money for a boat that only goes 45 mph and rides like crap" but didnt want to totally ruin his day. :D
An old co-worker just bought a 24' Tige' and think they paid over $60K with all the bells and whistles.
:idea: :idea: Was it yellow ???:D :D

Cheap Thrills
05-29-2007, 10:28 PM
its hard to believe most guys aren't gearheads like most of us, you should have seen my face when a friend of mine asked me "what does the crank do" when i was tearing his bbc apart.
Should have looked at him sniffed,,,
, and said ... " Well, it keeps you up for 4 days and makes you paranoid for a week. :eek: :D

mbrown2
05-29-2007, 10:28 PM
I have more fun and functionality in my Malibu Wakeboard boat then any faster then 45mph boat I have owned......too bad boaters of all types can't get along....btw I own a Blown Schiada and have had a couple DCB cats all that go/went well above 45 as well...but I don't hate on boaters of a different color.......bass, wakeboard, even legit pwc'rs are good in my book....it's posts like these that are turning folks off to this board....my .02
Its not how fast you go; its how much fun you have getting there....heck look at Pontoon sale........good luck in your future boating :)

XTRM22
05-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I have more fun and functionality in my Malibu Wakeboard boat then any faster then 45mph boat I have owned......too bad boaters of all types can't get along....btw I own a Blown Schiada and have had a couple DCB cats all that go/went well above 45 as well...but I don't hate on boaters of a different color.......bass, wakeboard, even legit pwc'rs are good in my book....it's posts like these that are turning folks off to this board....my .02
Its not how fast you go; its how much fun you have...good luck in your future boating.
Geez Brown while I agree with you mostly, I think you might be a touch sensitive with this response. I'm like you and like to see every nature of boater having a good time but I still bag on my pontoon driving friends occasionally. Of course maybe it's because my max speed is only slightly over the stated 45 mph, it's easy to be friendly to the slow people when you is one.:D I'm waitin for a ride in that Shiada, and I just picked up an old
CJ-7, in the fall I'll expect to make the backroad to the Desert Bar a few times.
Chuck

andy01
05-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Its not how fast you go; its how much fun you have getting there....heck look at Pontoon sale........good luck in your future boating :)
He'll be pissed when he comes across the guy going 45 putting off a 4' wake and his Stroker gets tossed like a surf board. I know I know Stokers are the fastest rough water boats made, they pass Skaters in the ocean they are so good....... :D
Different strokes I guess, but don't hate on the guys boat because he has a different boating weekend. Hell I love wake board boats, one towed my old Spectre in........ :)
Andy

mbrown2
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Geez Brown while I agree with you mostly, I think you might be a touch sensitive with this response. I'm like you and like to see every nature of boater having a good time but I still bag on my pontoon driving friends occasionally. Of course maybe it's because my max speed is only slightly over the stated 45 mph, it's easy to be friendly to the slow people when you is one.:D I'm waitin for a ride in that Shiada, and I just picked up an old
CJ-7, in the fall I'll expect to make the backroad to the Desert Bar a few times.
Chuck
Yeah, I might have read it a little too harshly......did not mean too RichieRch....(it may have been just for humor):)..and its late and I just got back from the river.....but just wanted to convey my experience has led me down the road that my ratio of fun is not proportional to the level of horsepower in the boat...it is really based on how many friends I can carry in comfort and hang out with and enjoy their company..:)...
Just finished tricking out a new 4 door wrangler and just moved to AZ....so we will definitely be doing some more jeeping in the offseason..

Moneypitt
05-29-2007, 11:04 PM
If you can't do all of the above you have no right to bag on anyone else that can't........I can, I have, and I've earned the right to bag on those that don't............People that purposly rip up the water should be shot........Then again, there are a whole bunch of people that are alive simplely because it is against the law to kill them................RAY

RitcheyRch
05-30-2007, 05:03 AM
No and wrong thread. :D
:idea: :idea: Was it yellow ???:D :D
It was all in fun. Know quite a few people that have wakeboard boats. Nothing against them as long as they follow the rules.