PDA

View Full Version : Garbage

Warlockjer
05-30-2007, 07:36 AM
As a Lake Havasu FULL time resident I was sickened by the picture on the front page of todays News Hearld. It showed a ranger boat unloading what they said was 1 1/2 tons, thats right ONE AND A HALF TONS of garbage left behind by boaters. Walking along the channel it was beyond gross the amount of cigarette butts tossed everywhere. What a bunch of F --- ing inconsiderent (sp) slobs!! It's not the locals doing this, but they are the one cleaning it up...I'm sure no HOT Boaters are leaving any messes behind.........I had to vent, now I think I will go out on my JET SKIS and give someone else something to bitch about:)

Jyruiz
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM
I saw a lot of trash Saturday night as I was walking thru the channel, freaking low lifes.

HOOTER SLED-
05-30-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm gonna take a stab and guess that the majority of it was probably left behind by clueless rookies from the holiday. You know, the same peeps that have no boating etiquette either. True river peeps grew up around it enough and know better.

707dog
05-30-2007, 07:47 AM
damn sux peeps come and thrash your area like that!!
i keep a box of garbage bags on my boat for our thrash and when i see bottles and trash floating in the water i just pick it up. some jackazz'z just dont give a shit!! :mad:

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Yep, its pretty gross what people leave behind huh Jerry. Back when North Star Steel was in business they would give the employees the day off with pay if they participated in the organized clean up. One of my sons did it one time and he said it was beyond his imagination as to what kind of slobs people are. Also said it wasnt any fun and hard work ;) But the city wont say anything because it may upset the visitors and there goes all the revenue. NSF

RitcheyRch
05-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Saw some in Blythe but wasnt too bad. The place we launched from gives everyone a plastic trash bag and seemed like most used them. In the cover we saw some broken bottles which we cleaned up since was afraid someone would step on it and cut their foot to hell.
Some people just dont freaking care but will be the first to complain if that area gets taken away from us.

spectratoad
05-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I have alwayslived by the rule, "If you pack it in, you pack it out." I also try to leave with more trash then I come with. We always walk our area, rake our firepit and try to leave it better than we found it. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Cruising thru the North End of the channel yesterday you would not believe the number of trash bags that were on the shore that were just full. Hats off to all the people that took the time to go down and pick up all of the trash that was not disposed of properly to begin with.....

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I have alwayslived by the rule, "If you pack it in, you pack it out." I also try to leave with more trash then I come with. We always walk our area, rake our firepit and try to leave it better than we found it. :D
They also gave you a T shirt with that phrase on it "PACK IT IN_PACK IT OUT !! Just watch the market parking lots and you will see people stocking up for the day and throw their ice bags and 30 pack containers out on the ground !!!!NSF

Benjhamina
05-30-2007, 08:58 AM
I can deal with the lake lice, new boaters on rentals and the roided out angry d*cks looking to fight but the one thing I can't stand is trash. I always put out trash bags on the boat and tied to the easy up and still my OWN group will throw their crap on the ground. I just don't get it and it makes me feel like a trashy POS. THROW YOUR SH*T IN THE TRASH BAG!!!!!

Water Romper
05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
A local (Havi) resident friend of mine stated that she saw LEO’s writing cites at the channel both Sat and Sun for illegal trash dumping…apparently each cite was $1,000. Not sure if she is blowing smoke or what but we can only hope it’s true…:D
On a side note re: cigarette butts…(it’s all trash to me) I watched a chick flick her STILL SMOLDERING butts in the water, in the sand and up on the dirt area and even as far as the sidewalks(we were parked in the channel) She was sucking on the “shit sticks” all day and the drunker she got the worse her aim got…I watched her flick several LITT cigarette butts IN THE BOAT:sqeyes: of the dude she was with…later on that afternoon I heard the dude screaming at the chick because of burns in his seats and his carpet…I see a little “poetic justice” here…It was ok for her to trash Havi, It was even better to see her get jambed because of what she did to the guys boat !!!!

OverKill
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
A local (Havi) resident friend of mine stated that she saw LEO’s writing cites at the channel both Sat and Sun for illegal trash dumping…apparently each cite was $1,000. Not sure if she is blowing smoke or what but we can only hope it’s true…:D
On a side note re: cigarette butts…(it’s all trash to me) I watched a chick flick her STILL SMOLDERING butts in the water, in the sand and up on the dirt area and even as far as the sidewalks(we were parked in the channel) She was sucking on the “shit sticks” all day and the drunker she got the worse her aim got…I watched her flick several LITT cigarette butts IN THE BOAT:sqeyes: of the dude she was with…later on that afternoon I heard the dude screaming at the chick because of burns in his seats and his carpet…I see a little “poetic justice” here…It was ok for her to trash Havi, It was even better to see her get jambed because of what she did to the guys boat !!!!
That is grounds for Divorce.:D Wife, girlfriend, or just a friend It would be over just that fast.

Windy
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Its very sad...We picked up several cans that were left behind while we were in the Channel. Bobby almost kicked a guys ass for tossing a can in the water while haning on his boat.

Baja Big Dog
05-30-2007, 09:47 PM
At Moabi channel one day last year, two obnoxious chicks tossing butts on the ground, Tatted bad ass boyfriends just watched, we strolled over when they were throwing shoes, picked up about 20 wet buts and spread them out in the boat they came in, on the seats, in the side pockets, cup holders etc....
After thought was to compliment the gas fill with a few butts...:mad:

Beer-30
05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
People, TEACH YOUR KIDS TO CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES! It begins as children. I was not able to leave toys out on the floor, or trash out of a trash can. My folks always made me leave an area as clean / or cleaner than it was when I or we arrived. As such, I cannot stand to leave a mess for someone else to clean up.

Water Romper
05-31-2007, 08:47 AM
That is grounds for Divorce.:D Wife, girlfriend, or just a friend It would be over just that fast.
ABSOLUTLY! Not sure what their relationship was but I bet it wasn’t so good after she burned holes in his boat….and for what it’s worth…the boat was a late1990’s Eliminator that appeared to be in pretty clean shape..:cry:
The side note to this issue is above and beyond the littering, what about the safety aspect….Imagine one of our lil’ boating peeps playing in the sand along the shore and lays, steps, kneels on a red hot cigarette butt ! come on, how friggin hard can it be to stick your cigarette ass in an empty beer can and then toss it away when your near a trash can… ……….sorry for the rant….obviously a sore spot with me… :mad: :mad: :mad:

mrs.rvrluvr
05-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Last summer hubby & I were parked in the channel & a boat load of partiers pulled up to the spot next to us and left about 6 bags full of trash on the beach and left. :eek: :eek: Hubby & I cleaned it up, of course, but what a bunch of a** holes.....some people have no respect. :(

91nordic29
05-31-2007, 11:24 AM
When we are at Humbug Cove (Lake Pleasant), if I see someone throw a butt in the water, I grab an empty can and retrieve the butt, swim over to them and give it back and tell them to use the can. If they arent embarassed and give me lip, I just say "well, i COULD write you a ticket instead" (I can't really but they don't know that, lol).
MORONS:mad:

Ziggy
05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
paying a fee to launch the boat is not a pass to leave your trash behind.
We generally come back with more than we went with because we'll clean the beach we stayed at for the day.

beaverretriever
05-31-2007, 12:18 PM
It's not the locals doing this, but they are the one cleaning it up..)
LOL, funny you say that. We were behind a local Havasu truck (positive it was local) and saw not, one but two cigarette butts get thrown out the window.
I agree though. I think overall the HB forum community is pretty good. Everyone we hung out with last weekend was extremely considerate and you didn't see one piece of trash or cigarette butts anywhere around the camp.

HavaSkank
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
A couple weeks ago we parked next to a boat full of Bros and Bro Hos in a nice deck boat. The beer bellied young chicks were demonstrating their coolness by chain smoking on the swim step and flicking their butts in the water.
Finally I had enough. I obnoxiously yelled, "ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME? THIS ISNT YOUR LIVING ROOM!"
The bad ass, flat billed barney that drove the boat had the f'ing odacity to counter with "Cigs are biodegrable, man. They'll dissinagrate in a day or two dude, relax."
I still picked up a few of the butts and threw them in the trash. Im glad I read this thread. From here on out, that shit is going right back in their boats.
You said you dont learn something new everyday?

zudnic
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
In the cover we saw some broken bottles which we cleaned up since was afraid someone would step on it and cut their foot to hell.
I've cut my foot twice on broken bottles. One was at the beach and the other was on a boat coming down from a fly bridge, jump the last steps and landed on a case of empties....... So its defiently a pet peeve..

Racey
05-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Just out of curiosity how many trash cans were placed out near the beach on the channel, for a big weekend like this they should have cans at least every 50', when there is no place for people to easily throw shit away thats when they lazy pricks will just leave it behind. Just my .02

DesertGirl
05-31-2007, 02:44 PM
While at Riverbound's house this weekend, a friend of a guest that was there threw a broken beer bottle in the water, and as it started to float away, Dezertrider (Brian) walked over to the guy that was sitting on the dock, and pushed his lazy a$$ in the water. The guy was all shocked and Brian just pointed and said "GO GET IT". The guy swam after it and put in the trash bag that was right up a few stairs.
It was actually pretty funny. We all had to explain the Do's and Don'ts of the river after that. :D

Water Romper
05-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Just out of curiosity how many trash cans were placed out near the beach on the channel, for a big weekend like this they should have cans at least every 50', when there is no place for people to easily throw shit away thats when they lazy pricks will just leave it behind. Just my .02
I heard that several years ago, there were hardly any trash cans available and the ones that were there had massive amounts of trash in and around them…there was a picture posted here showing the mess and it was disgusting….Because I don’t do Havi on big weekends anymore I couldn’t tell you if there were enough trash receptacles or not…when I go there on off weekends, there are adequate trash cans but that is a lot different that a holiday weekend.
Hey Boatcop, ever cite someone for trash or throwing cigarette butts etc?

RitcheyRch
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Hate when people trash the places we like to hang out. Would hate to see some of my favorite spots to go (river, dunes) closed due because of one a$$hole that has decided to ruin it for the rest of us.
I've cut my foot twice on broken bottles. One was at the beach and the other was on a boat coming down from a fly bridge, jump the last steps and landed on a case of empties....... So its defiently a pet peeve..

mmered8299
05-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Think of the money.................