PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant demands a trade.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 08:57 AM
He says there is nothing LA can do to make him stay.
Well, when you have Kobe Bryant as a trading chip, you can guarantee at least one or two star players in return.
I dont know if anyone else has been following this, but there has been alot of drama. Shaq backing up Kobe, Kobe firing at the Lakers, the Lakers "insider" firing at Kobe.
LA is full of drama.

BajaMike
05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I heard he wants to go to Miami......(just kidding)! :D
What do all you Kobe lovers think now??
Hey, Kobe, don't let the door hit you ass........

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I heard he wants to go to Miami......(just kidding)! :D
What do all you Kobe lovers think now??
Hey, Kobe, don't let the door hit you ass........
My loyalty is to the Lakers, not Kobe. :)
I think he will be missed and is still the greatest player in the game today. He is a hall of fame player. The good thing is, you can guarantee the Lakers will get ANY player (two or three) they want for him. I bet almost every team will be upping the dibs for him.

Jordy
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Hang in there DMxcuse. I'm sure that the thought of Kobe leaving the Lakers has to be right up there in your traumatic life experiences, like finding out that Santa Claus does not exist and there's no Easter Bunny. :D :D :D

OutCole'd
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6864820
:(

Mr. C
05-30-2007, 09:20 AM
WHAT!! NO EASTER BUNNY:eek: :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/tinkerbelle/sigpic5953_7.gif
My whole day is now ruined:confused:

Jyruiz
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Shit, I would want to be traded too if I was being used as a scape goat for something I had no part of.

Cole Trickle
05-30-2007, 09:36 AM
He was on Power 106 this morning and did a pretty candid heart felt interview. You can tell he wants to stay a Laker but he is sick of loosing and getting the blunt of the critisism(sp)
Kupcheck is a good number cruncher but he will never have the ability to make people believe like West.
I don't see the Lakers letting Kobe go. The fans will be beyond pissed and tickets sales will show that.
I know a guy that is/was a Laker scout when the whole Shaq trade wen't down and he told me that Buss wasn't gonna sign him for what he wanted 10yr max contract.(I think it was a smart decision because he is about done)
They need to trade smush for Fisher!!!:D

SB
05-30-2007, 09:42 AM
We'll see how he likes Minnesota.

XFactor
05-30-2007, 09:42 AM
My prediction:
1) Kobe stays and plays out his 4 yrs remaining on the current contract.
2) Jerry West leaves the Grizzlies (contract ends this year) and comes to the Lakers for a 4 year contract.
3) Lakers pick-up a few key role players and some good bench help.
4) Play well next season but don't contend till the following season.
Just my gut feel. :D :D

yopengo
05-30-2007, 09:46 AM
My prediction:
2) Jerry West leaves the Grizzlies (contract ends this year) and comes to the Lakers for a 4 year contract.
I think you nailed it. 100% agree. :idea:

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
One interesting thing is he has a no trade clause in his contract, for the next two years. The Lakers front office needs to get off their asses and come back from vacation and figure out WTF they are doing. That is my opinion...

unleashed
05-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I dont think they'll let him go. But if they do I'll become a laker fan again!;)
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
UnleashedMyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

acatitude
05-30-2007, 10:27 AM
yup been following the kobe saga... what a ****in crybaby,, he ran shaq outa town and a couple rings went bye bye... now he is whining cuzz its his team and he aint good enough to carry them........
best player in the game???? thats arguable for sure... if I had to pick between him and la brone id take labrone..... hes put his team on his shoulders and carried them to even up with the pistons and he doesnt have no odom or brown or walton with him... kobe has a much better supporting cast, but LaBrone has that ingredient of making his teammates better.....
ah life is good being the star huh Kobe???? how many nights you lay there wishing you had shaq daddy back.????? youd be playin the jazz right now if he was there......... shit happens and I hear buss got a dui last night lol..... go lakers :D

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 10:28 AM
After reading Phils book "The Last Season" I lost all respect for the entire Laker organization including Buss and especially Kupchak. And then Phil re-signs with them, ahh, the power of money :( NSF

Ziggy
05-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I wonder if the Arrest of Jerry Buss yesterday here in San Diego county will add any life to the drama.
Arrested for DUI in Carlsbad.http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-buss30may30,1,4855718.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-sports
Some years back we sold him a car for his little local squeeze chicky.

little rowe boat
05-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Kick his ass to the curb. He has been a thorn in the side of the lakers for a long time.

GAME TIME
05-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I hope this doesn't happen. BUT if it does, what would be a good trade???
To Seattle for #2 pick (Durant), and Ray Allen??? To the Cavs for LBJ and Hughes???

Quest4Fun
05-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Kobe pretty much gets booed anywhere he goes, he's not well liked around the league by the fans. Should be interesting to see what happpens.

acatitude
I hope this doesn't happen. BUT if it does, what would be a good trade???
To Seattle for #2 pick (Durant), and Ray Allen??? To the Cavs for LBJ and Hughes???
the cavs would be idiots to trade lbj for the crybaby.... all they need is a point gaurd...... and I got one here in sac... bibby for gooden.. that trade was rumored last year... so just wait

GAME TIME
One guy that can't outscore Kobe and another guy that couldn't outscore my mom. ;)
I know, I don't think any trade will make sense.

acatitude
05-30-2007, 10:40 AM
The Lakers weren't going to max out Shaq no matter what. They weren't going to max out a player in his declining years (heads up KG that means you too). Cleveland's supporting cast is better than Kobe's and Cleveland happens to play in the NBA Lite, so their advance to the East Finals is really a matter of being the best of a bunch of shitty teams. They are also, well, in Cleveland, making them slightly less well known than the Postmaster General.
well I think youd get an argument from Don about the best supporting cast.... maybe you should read some of his highly praising posts regarding how great they all are.....lol:confused: :rolleyes: ;) :D

GAME TIME
05-30-2007, 10:42 AM
the cavs would be idiots to trade lbj for the crybaby.... all they need is a point gaurd...... and I got one here in sac... bibby for gooden.. that trade was rumored last year... so just wait
Not really. The Lakers had the number one road game sales this season (not because of Smush Parker). Kobe is number 1 in jersey sales. They would capitalize of of that. LBJ would love it in a large market making him even more money. Again, I hope it doesn't happen but if it does...I hope the Lakers don't get screwed like in the Shaq trade.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
I like how BC gets owned by SWB and throws my name into it. lol.
Here is something interesting about the whole Shaq/Kobe thing.
Kobe Bryant was furious with the Lakers after reading that a "team source" intimated in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that he was the reason Shaquille O'Neal was traded.
The Lakers' owner, Jerry Buss, "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season," Bryant said yesterday.
"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant said. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait. This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "
"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant said. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."
"I believe Kobe 100 percent," said O'Neal, reached yesterday while in Los Angeles on business. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent. I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me." [READ]
I think it is time people stop blaming Kobe and look at the big picture, which has been said ALL ALONG! Shaq is declining and the Lakers simply cashed out, nobody wants to believe it but here it is straight from both of the horses mouths.

acatitude
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Not really. The Lakers had the number one road game sales this season (not because of Smush Parker). Kobe is number 1 in jersey sales. They would capitalize of of that. LBJ would love it in a large market making him even more money. Again, I hope it doesn't happen but if it does...I hope the Lakers don't get screwed like in the Shaq trade.
like previously mentioned about declining players.... Kobe is what 29?? not that he isnt great but you dont trade a player like James for Kobe, imo, Kobe has already shown his selfishness and negativity towards his teammates.... kinda like Artest, he was a good boy for the first 1/2 year, now there seems to be some lack of chemistry thruout the team.... same thing would probably happen if to the cavs and they wouldnt really be any better then they are now.. I can just see Kobe throwin a fit playin in the east when he gets banged around and no calls....
I bet the lakers wouold do that deal in a heart beat..... but it wont happen

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Kobe is supposed to go on the radio in 30 minutes. Knowing the typical Kobe he will say something like "I over-reacted, I want to be a Laker for life". Which is how things have been going all weekend.

Cole Trickle
05-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Kick his ass to the curb. He has been a thorn in the side of the lakers for a long time.
Yeah those 35 points a night along with the 85% free throws and 5 boards/assists a game have really hurt them.;)
Don't forget about the 44 minutes a game of 1st team all league defense....lol
He is easily in the top 10% of the league when it comes to being ready for the season to start....allways in game shape,new moves,shots,etc...

acatitude
05-30-2007, 10:56 AM
owned DM?????/ get real we all have opinions and most of what I say is directed towards you , who must now start sidestepping the issues since Kobe is shooting off his mouth again,,, lol.....read your own posts brotha...... swb has valid points..... but we will see what if anything Kobe brings, that boy has a lot of baggage and getting his true value will be hard as you know the price drops as soon as a player starts demanding a trade....
Id be surprised if they got 1 of the top 2 picks for him... thats a lot of potential to give up for a 29 year old and doesnt make seattle a champion anyways..... and what about allen, what do yu do with him???? should be an interesting spring break in the nba this summer

Wild Horses
05-30-2007, 10:57 AM
LeBron is no choirboy. There's a reason Cleveland has only surronded him with minor role players and Carlos Boozer wanted out of town.
And we thank him for that!!:D :D

acatitude
05-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Don seems to forget that I grew up a laker fan in LA...... but he is such a homer........ now we both are raider fans.... I have to get another team just so I can give him shit during football also,,, lol ;)
Don Ill give ya miller bibby and artest for Kobe..... we couldnt be any worse lol;)

Tige' 24v
05-30-2007, 11:04 AM
As a long time Laker fan I can not believe what is going on. This is my worst nightmare come true. No matter what you think of Kobe he is one of the best palyers in the league and the only reason at this point that Staples sales out. He does have an opt out clause after next year so the Lakers had better try to get something for him now.

Tige' 24v
05-30-2007, 11:16 AM
His opt out is for after the 2008-2009 season, so two more full seasons.
You are correct but at this point they need to try and get quality players and or good draft picks for him. I have heard the interviews and he is done playing for the Lakers he has no intentions of coming back and playing for the Lakers....

Tige' 24v
05-30-2007, 11:35 AM
He really doesn't have much choice, except to sit out or retire. Even if he retires, if he's currently under contract the Lakers will retain his rights unless they release him outright, which they won't.
He doesn't have a choice? You are kidding yourself have you seen the interviews? So if he sits out who will the Lakers have on the floor next year? Who exactly will be paying to go watch that squad? I would say he has a lot more power over this then you think...

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Guess what? :)
Kobe just want on the radio and he said "I hope the Lakers will do something, anything to turn this around, so I can stay in LA. I love this city.".
Jerry Buss says: "Kobe has not directly asked for a trade through management or the organization. Kobe will remain a Laker for life and they want to rebuild the team around him".
Sounds like Kobe wants to take the attention off the finals. :D

Tige' 24v
05-30-2007, 11:53 AM
You're kidding yourself. Man's got bills to pay. You don't get paid when you sit out and most endorsement contracts are null and void if you're not playing due to a contract dispute or holdout. He can make their life miserable, for sure, but if the Laker's can't get equal value, he's not going anywhere. So, if he doesn't want to suit up, he's not getting paid.
So you think he has spent all the money he has made that last 9 years in the league? He has been making what $20+ million a season since 04 and that doesn't include endorsments. He could retire today and never come close to spending the money he has made.

AirtimeLavey
05-30-2007, 11:56 AM
My prediction:
I think this is what will happen, too.
Makes me sick to my stomach to read some of this shiat in the media. I'm a Kobe/Laker fan. If friggin LO and Kwame would live up to their potential more consistently, we'd be fine. Hope west comes back, as I'm not a Kupchak fan.
If he's traded, I hope we don't go for LeBron. He's over-rated, and not nearly as an exciting player as others out there. How about D. Wade for Kobe. :devil:

Hardly Satisfied
05-30-2007, 12:00 PM
He misses Shaq

yer daddy
05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
yup been following the kobe saga... what a ****in crybaby,, he ran shaq outa town and a couple rings went bye bye... now he is whining cuzz its his team and he aint good enough to carry them........
best player in the game???? thats arguable for sure... if I had to pick between him and la brone id take labrone..... hes put his team on his shoulders and carried them to even up with the pistons and he doesnt have no odom or brown or walton with him... kobe has a much better supporting cast, but LaBrone has that ingredient of making his teammates better.....
ah life is good being the star huh Kobe???? how many nights you lay there wishing you had shaq daddy back.????? youd be playin the jazz right now if he was there......... shit happens and I hear buss got a dui last night lol..... go lakers :D
You have Artest and your bashing Kobe now that's funny. Spoken like a true Sacramento queens fan.

AZJD
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I dont think they'll let him go. But if they do I'll become a laker fan again!;)
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
UnleashedMyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)
I would too!:devil:

AirtimeLavey
05-30-2007, 12:23 PM
i'm so bummed, with my recent po-po ride along on friday night, it seems "we" missed him by only a few days ..... :sqeyes: i know the chippy that hooked him & he said he was slurring pretty good, but was also pretty ashamed & embarressed :confused: (i think he was just giving that 23 yr old girl a ride home :rolleyes: )
A ride maybe, but not just home. He always has a couple young ones hanging around. :devil:

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I just listened to the latest interview from 20 minutes ago. He said he is going to go about his training and wait to see what the Lakers do. He spoke with Phil Jackson and PJ calmed him down and told him they will both be Lakers next year and there is going to be big changes, so Kobe is now optimistic.
What an attention ***** if you ask me. I think he just needed someone to talk to. lol

eliminatedsprinter
05-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Since we are all just guessing and speculating, why not go for broke. Lets trade Kobe for Labron, Bynum for Duncan, Kwami for R. Wallace, Evans for Nash, Odam for Garnett, and Walton for Nowitzki.
Oh yea, Lets also get Pat Riley back as well.:rolleyes: ;) ;)
You guys all think too small...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) :D

AirtimeLavey
05-30-2007, 12:30 PM
I just listened to the latest interview from 20 minutes ago. He said he is going to go about his training and wait to see what the Lakers do. He spoke with Phil Jackson and PJ calmed him down and told him they will both be Lakers next year and there is going to be big changes, so Kobe is now optimistic.
What an attention ***** if you ask me. I think he just needed someone to talk to. lol
Good for the ratings to stir the pot every now and then. Hope Lakers get the message and do something effective.

HM
05-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Basketball is for fags!!!:D

DILLIGAF
05-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Ho Hum.......

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Is Kobe not MJ's twin? I mean, they both need to be babied so much.
Kobe is on the radio now saying how much he loves LA and he doesnt want people talking bad about him, he absolutely loves the Lakers and is a TRUE Laker fan and has watched them from the beginning, he wants Jerry Buss to call him and tell him it is ok, he just got a call from Magic, he has been talking to PJ all day.
Kobe just needs to be cradled. lol

DILLIGAF
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
A leader takes charge and doesn't worry about being "cradled". I guess the little whiny BIACH needs a hug and shit....lol
Bet hhe is looking back and saying "Damn, I could have been a Clipper!"
Actually he did say that today on the radio. He wondered out loud if he would have signed with them if they would still be playing right now
:)

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 01:42 PM
A leader takes charge and doesn't worry about being "cradled". I guess the little whiny BIACH needs a hug and shit....lol
Bet hhe is looking back and saying "Damn, I could have been a Clipper!"
Actually he did say that today on the radio. He wondered out loud if he would have signed with them if they would still be playing right now
yeah, he also mentioned the bulls and knicks too though. :)
Beyond that he has been verbally sucking the Lakers dicks on the radio, begging for a hug and how much he has a boner for the history.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 02:01 PM
He must have talked to his agent. I'm sure his agent told him that there's only two teams in the league that can afford him and he plays for one of them.
They told him "Dont you realize the team you go to will be sucked dry? The Lakers would empty a roster out in trade for you, so you are left with nothing. If the Lakers told you they made a deal with the Hawks, would you go?"
He laughed and said "I would rather play on pluto". :devil:

Mrs.HLB
05-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Ho Hum.......
Hi Tom.. did you go to a dr's office today by any chance? Sorry to change the subject..
Mrs.HLB

DILLIGAF
05-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi Tom.. did you go to a dr's office today by any chance? Sorry to change the subject..
Mrs.HLB
lol...Yes I did....Were you there? If so you should have said hello
I was just getting my records from my Doctors previous office. Went in and signed some forms so they can get them for me.

acatitude
05-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Just heard Kobes interview where he said he wants a trade and nothing can change his mind..... then just heard his second interview after PJ called him and told him to keep his mouth shut, lol " i want to retire a laker" that boy is deranged :D

BajaMike
05-30-2007, 03:21 PM
i'm so bummed, with my recent po-po ride along on friday night, it seems "we" missed him by only a few days ..... :sqeyes: i know the chippy that hooked him & he said he was slurring pretty good, but was also pretty ashamed & embarressed :confused: (i think he was just giving that 23 yr old girl a ride home :rolleyes: )
From the LA Times story.....
"Lakers owner Jerry Buss was arrested early Tuesday morning in Carlsbad on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and faces two misdemeanor charges, according to a police report.
Buss, 74, failed a sobriety test after being pulled over at 12:50 a.m. near downtown Carlsbad. Police said his blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit of 0.08%, although the final results were not released.
Officers followed Buss after he failed to depress the high beams of his gold Mercedes-Benz E320 while driving southbound on Carlsbad Blvd. Officers were traveling northbound. Officers then observed Buss taking a wide turn and crossing over a double yellow line.
Buss didn't initially pull over — "He didn't react right away," according to the police report — but then moved to the curb. "Mr. Buss was cooperative," said CHP officer Tom Kerns. "It was an uneventful DUI arrest."
A 23-year-old woman, Jeannana M. Flores of New York City, was also in the car with Buss and was not arrested.
"Although I was driving only a short distance, it was a bad decision and I was wrong to do it," Buss said in a statement.
"It was a mistake I will not make again."
Buss was taken to the Vista Detention Facility near Oceanside and was released on bail.
Buss has a home in the Carlsbad area.

BajaMike
05-30-2007, 03:24 PM
I like how BC gets owned by SWB and throws my name into it. lol.
Here is something interesting about the whole Shaq/Kobe thing.
Kobe Bryant was furious with the Lakers after reading that a "team source" intimated in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that he was the reason Shaquille O'Neal was traded.
The Lakers' owner, Jerry Buss, "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season," Bryant said yesterday.
"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant said. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait. This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "
"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant said. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."
"I believe Kobe 100 percent," said O'Neal, reached yesterday while in Los Angeles on business. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent. I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me." [READ]
I think it is time people stop blaming Kobe and look at the big picture, which has been said ALL ALONG! Shaq is declining and the Lakers simply cashed out, nobody wants to believe it but here it is straight from both of the horses mouths.
If that story is true.....It just shows that both Kobe and Jerry Buss are jerks....who's won more playoff games and chanpionships since Shaq left....the Lakers or Shaq.....:idea:

acatitude
05-30-2007, 03:30 PM
lakers are 121-125 since shaq left and nothing past 1st round... probably should have kept shaq a couple more years...using swb's theory of the big payoff, then they will dump kobe when his contract is up also??????? The lakers are just another sub 500 team in the nba, with or wothout Kobe so if they can get better by trading him do it.. its still a team sport

Mrs.HLB
05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
lol...Yes I did....Were you there? If so you should have said hello
I was just getting my records from my Doctors previous office. Went in and signed some forms so they can get them for me.
No I work in the next office next door. I recognized you walking from your truck. My desk faces the parking lot. I thought to my self..who can that be with a shockwave sticker and OP6C sticker. Then I saw you walking and put it all together...I was going to run out there and say hi..but you might of thought I was some weirdo chick..next time.
Mrs.HLB

BajaMike
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
No I work in the next office next door. I recognized you walking from your truck. My desk faces the parking lot. I thought to my self..who can that be with a shockwave sticker and OP6C sticker. Then I saw you walking and put it all together...I was going to run out there and say hi..but you might of thought I was some weirdo chick..next time.
Mrs.HLB
Did you see the AARP sticker between the Shockwave and OP6C stickers??:D

DILLIGAF
05-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Mrs.HLB
lol....I will be back on the 15th for a checkup. Won't be in the blue Chev though. I gave that one to my brother today :(. I will be in a different truck with no stickers on it.

DILLIGAF
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Maybe your doctor finally installed that "Proctologist Webcam" he's been talking about. :D
Very funny BOB!

DILLIGAF
05-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Did you see the AARP sticker between the Shockwave and OP6C stickers??:D
No...but I had my DPSA (DANA POINT SUCKS ASS) sticker in the bottom right

acatitude
05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
bottom line is Kobe isnt going to get traded. the LAKERS will make some moves this off season and if they get better so be it, if not Kobe will just have to keep playin..
And I dont think kareem slowed down till he was about 37

acatitude
05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
well i knew youd chime in there with your stat sheet swb check kareem 23.3 ppg at 38 yrs old .... enough said... jordan never ave more then 30 after age 32 and he plays away from the basket.... guess you can make a point for anything you want.... lets see the study.... im sure I can find 1 to to match ya with bigs vs. little guys.. they all slow down after about 31 thats a fact of life........even the great Jordan ....... sounds like your just hatin here bro.....this is about the teeter tooter Kobe, so back on track ...
hell he ave 15ppg at 40.... not many gaurds around at that age:)

HM
05-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Are you fags still talking about basketball? You guys are next generation of bench racers! :D

BajaMike
05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
No...but I had my DPSA (DANA POINT SUCKS ASS) sticker in the bottom right
Ouch.....
So, Tom, what is the new truck???:confused:
The blue one went to Terry.....or one of your other brothers??

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
To get back on the Kobe/Shaq subject. If anyone really has to question who made the smarter move, that is just overlooking pure stats.
Lets look at Shaq RIGHT NOW!
17.3 Points Per Game - 11.6 Rebounds Per Game - 2.0 Assists Per Game
Averaging 30 Minutes Per Game - Free Throw 59%
He averaged 21/11/3 per game in his last year with the Lakers. The year before that on the Lakers he averaged 28/11/3.
Sorry to say it, but the Lakers used him like a 1990 Honda Accord up until 250,000 miles and then sold him for retail (new car pricing). Now Miami is stuck with a declining player who is averaging around Lamar Odom numbers.

acatitude
05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
well I guess you guys are right about everything.... guess I am in the wrong thread... sorry I thought it was about Kobe bellyachin again..... I agree always better to trade a year early then a year late... even if shaq did get another ring without Kobe..... the point is Kobe hasnt done squat without shaq............ but I know there will be some excuse why so have a great night guys :D

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 07:01 PM
BREAKING NEWS!
Peter Vescey just leaked that the Lakers are in heavy talks with Indiana and he has been told that Jermaine O'Neal (and possibly Jamal Tinsley) will be Lakers within a week or two.
This could be why Kobe pipped down so quick. Jermaine O'Neal is said to be a close friend of Kobe's and they were together in the draft as well.
buckle up is right. :)

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Dwayne Wade won that ring, not Shaq. Shaq's playoff numbers in 2006 were even worse than his regular season numbers.
Personally, I don't care for Shaq or Kobe. I simply stated a well known fact about big men and why NBA GMs won't give them max contracts after age 31. You're the one that tried to prop it up by brining up Kareem, as if that had any significance at all. Kareem played in the NBA before the salary cap and was signed long term through (and after) his career. Him, Magic and Worthy were all collecting paychecks after they retired. The good old days.
So true, people think just because Shaq landed on that team that is how they won. The truth is that team is deep without Shaq Diesel.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Jermaine O'Neal is an excellent fit with the Lakers. He's a gritty, hard worker that also happens to be a superstar, but doesn't demand the kind of touches or inside out offense that KG might. I wonder who's going to Indiana, because frankly I can't think of anything 2 for 2 that makes sense. Lamar Odom and Rony Turiaf and Smush Parker?
I get the feeling Odom - Brown - Bynum are some of the biggest keys for Indiana. Especially since Odom's old coach Van Gundy is runner up for the head coaching position there. :)

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I honestly don't know if they're any better after that trade. They're taller, but not necessarily better. Brown was starting to come around a little. Tinsley is just a plain awful shooter, not very good defensively. So, you're trading his contract for Brown's. Bynum has future star written all over him, he's only 19. O'Neal is just a taller version of Odom, so I can see where that makes sense.
I dont know much about Tinsley, is he any better than Smush?
I really hate to see any of those 3 players go. I really get the feeling that Kobe wants Bynum out of there. He said he doesnt have time to wait for future talent to come around, he feels he is in his prime and has 3-4 years to make a run.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
News from Magic Johnson.
As you might know Kobe said magic was calling him and he would listen to him.
Well magic spoke to Stephen A Smith and told him Kobe WILL NOT be traded that he will not allow for KObe to be traded.
He said Kobe is a Laker for LIFE and like him he WILL only wear purple and gold.
He said Kobe is RIGHT about what he is saying and that he will make sure Dr. Buss and Kobe work things out.
Magic said he will NEVER sign to trade Kobe(as you know he is a minority owner)
He said he will try to fix this mess.

Jyruiz
05-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Van Gundy has withdrawn his name from the Indiana coaching job.
Tinsley is better than Smush, although not by much, but Tinsley knows his limitations better than Smush.
If Tinsley is coming with O'neal, then there is a good chance the trade is for Odom, Brown and Farmar in order to match salaries and for Indy to clear cap space after next season. I am not saying that is it, but it could be, I also don't take what Vescey says very seriously.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
How does it work with unproven talent? I know salaries have to match, but I am not sure. For example, if someone were to trade Oden his salary is obviously not much, but he is hyped up, how does that work? Bynum is very hyped up, so I know most feel his value is up there.
Another thing the Lakers have is the 19th pick, they have said they would like to get rid of it, since they are not seeking new talent.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think draft picks have actual value. A player's "potential" also has no impact past the team's contractual obligation. If he has that much potential, don't trade him. If your draft pick is that good, don't trade it.
But for example, the Lakers traded Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant. He was definitely making alot more that Kobe at that time.

dmontzsta
05-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Here is the latest, if so this is good for the Lakers. The Pacers do not get a bad deal either with young Bynum and an instant starting center in Brown.
JO and Greene to Lakers for Bynum , Brown and fillers Brian Cook , Vujacic and Mo Evans + pick 19.
If that is true, how great of a rebounding team would the Lakers be?
O'Neal / Turiaf / Mihm?
Odom / Cook
Walton / Radmanovic
Kobe / Greene / (Free Agent)
Farmar / (Free Agent)
Who really knows how all the chips would fall. But with that starting line-up you have so serious rebounding potential by keeping Odom and adding O'Neal.

DILLIGAF
05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Ouch.....
So, Tom, what is the new truck???:confused:
The blue one went to Terry.....or one of your other brothers??
I got one of the new 6 speed 2500 Chev's from Jay and Terry gets the blue one. I am selling his red truck.
I was just playing with the DPSA comment :)

BajaMike
05-31-2007, 05:50 AM
I got one of the new 6 speed 2500 Chev's from Jay and Terry gets the blue one. I am selling his red truck.
I was just playing with the DPSA comment :)
Nice!

BadKachina
05-31-2007, 06:52 AM
The local talk radio rumor mill here in Phx was saying Marion, Barbosa and our first round draft pick from Atlanta the following year. That pick has potential to be a lottery pick.
I'd live with that trade.

dmontzsta
05-31-2007, 07:07 AM
The local talk radio rumor mill here in Phx was saying Marion, Barbosa and our first round draft pick from Atlanta the following year. That pick has potential to be a lottery pick.
I'd live with that trade.
For Kobe? That would never happen since the suns have formed a hate for the Lakers and the Lakers know this. Sources said if Kobe goes it is to Chicago or New York, which he was searching during free agency and the Lakers would not see him four times per year.

BadKachina
05-31-2007, 07:41 AM
Chicago would be interesting. :idea:
I could imagine all you would here on the radio all day in Chicago would be Jordan/Kobe comparisons.
Da-Kobe.................

acatitude
05-31-2007, 07:48 AM
what great intrique if you got memphis involved and jerry west . The bobcats can carry his salary without sending salaries back and could send okafor and some #1's in the next few years, of course they probably wouldnt be any better then the lakers are now.... so no matter where you trade him, that team will be depleated and Kobe will still be pissed, lol..

acatitude
05-31-2007, 07:50 AM
The Chicago deal would involve Luol Deng and Chicage said he's not for sale.
the bulls allready have a very dangerous backcourt and if they trade it should be for post precence on offense

dmontzsta
05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
so no matter where you trade him, that team will be depleated and Kobe will still be pissed, lol..
BINGO that is what they told him on the radio yesterday.
He is better off staying in LA and waiting for them to add pieces around him.
BTW: I heard Mark Iavoroni the suns assistant coach is leaving to Memphis as the head coach, looks like Memphis will have the suns numbers this year. :)

acatitude
05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Because Kobe is the only player in the NBA with a no trade clause, he has the power to veto any trade. He's already said he will not go to a small market like Memphis or Charlotte.
kobe aint going anywheres anyways.........only chicago seems like they wouold still have a decent team and they could make a run at getting gasol, zach randolph or J. oneil for a lot less then kobe would cost them.
and since when can you depend on what kobe says,lol???? he flip flopped 3 times yesterday ..

acatitude
05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
im thinkin it would take atlanta to give up joe johnson,josh smith and there #3 pick to get kobe......but then he would be gone in the first round anyways and those guys pretty much gut atlantas roster..;)
oh and remember Kobe said he would wave his no trade to play anyplace else... even Pluto:) :)

acatitude
05-31-2007, 08:18 AM
let me think here bibby gives the lakers a bona fide point gaurd who can score( cant defend my little sister tho) and artest takes some of the defense pressure off odom, and we will have to throw in miller to make the salries match lol yea done deal .... would that be funny . and kobe would have martin and garcia as running mates and a big man with our #10 pick......:D now your turn to laugh
and we promise to make the hamburgers better now:eek:

dmontzsta
05-31-2007, 08:24 AM
let me think here bibby gives the lakers a bona fide point gaurd who can score( cant defend my little sister tho) and artest takes some of the defense pressure off odom, and we will have to throw in miller to make the salries match lol yea done deal .... would that be funny . and kobe would have martin and garcia as running mates and a big man with our #10 pick......:D now your turn to laugh
and we promise to make the hamburgers better now:eek:
The Lakers would gladly give them Kwame Brown and Radmanovic for Bibby, Artest and Miller. :)
But Kobe to Sacramento? lol. is right. :D

dmontzsta
05-31-2007, 08:27 AM
I like Shockwavebob. :D
I somehow remember him as a clipper lover / Laker hater a few years ago. But he went away and came back and now he spits some good shit. I think jyruiz has someone to compete with now as far as not taking sides and speaking good basketball.:)

acatitude
05-31-2007, 08:29 AM
I like Shockwavebob. :D
FAG:D

dmontzsta
05-31-2007, 09:24 AM
FAG:D
Your just jealous. :D

Jyruiz
05-31-2007, 09:53 AM
I like the Clippers, but I'm not a huge NBA fan. I'm more of a general sports fan. I don't hate the Lakers, I just dislike them immensely. :D Ruiz can bring it, for a Portuguese dude.
Peruvian bro. I just like to state facts, I don't get involved in the pissing matches that go on here, although they are comical from both sides.

Jyruiz
05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
I knew that would draw you out. :D :D
Well, I had to state a fact.:D

dmontzsta
05-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Bucher said Kobe and Buss had a meeting today. The Lakers promised Kobe there would be one or two blockbuster trades coming this off season. Kobe is now backing off, but still wants to work on communication and trust with the organization.
I wonder what Mr. Bryant knows, I am sure Buss spilled his guts on everything they have in the hopper and it must be good if Kobe feels all warm and fuzzy now. :)
Dr. Buss officially released this statement.
"I talked to Kobe this morning and assured him that I share his frustration and, more importantly, I assured him that we will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone. I told him that we will keep him apprised of our progress and we agreed that we will talk again in the very near future."

BadKachina
05-31-2007, 06:10 PM
According to ESPN.com the number one deal for Kobe is to the Suns.
This is from ESPN...............
A) The Lakers ending up with a nucleus of Marion, Odom, Barbosa and Bynum, along with Farmar, Walton, Turiaf and the No. 19 pick, as well as the inevitable Kwame Brown trade to a moronic team that convinces itself that Kwame's career could be salvaged. That's a pretty good foundation.
(B) Phoenix trotting out a starting lineup of Nash, Kobe, Raja Bell, Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw. Good golly. Sweet Jesus.
(C) Radmanovic realizing his manifest destiny of playing in Phoenix. It was meant to be from the moment Mike D'Antoni and Nash teamed up three years ago.
(D) Kobe and Raja as teammates. High comedy. The most improbable pairing since Rodman and Pippen 12 years ago.
(E) The most selfish player in the league (Kobe) playing with the most unselfish player in the league (Nash). What a fascinating sociological experiment. If Nash can turn Kobe into a team player, I'm voting him for our 2008 president even though he's Canadian.
Two potential problems: First, it's unlikely that the Lakers would be dumb enough to trade Kobe within their own division, although with Kupchak involved, anything's possible. And second, assuming that Nash has a say in front-office decisions at this point, would he really want to green-light a scenario that has him managing two enormous egos in Stoudemire and Kobe?
Well, lemme throw this at you: What if the Suns then swapped Stoudemire to Minnesota for KG, as I proposed in a May 14 column? That would give them the following crunch-time lineup: Nash, Kobe, Bell, Diaw and KG. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2008 World Champions! Just send them the trophy right now.
So that's my vote: Black Mamba, you're going to Phoenix to play with KG and Nash. And if it happens, I can guarantee that the 2008 playoffs will be more entertaining than the 2007 playoffs.

Old Texan
05-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Kobe ain't going anywhere. Old news.
As of 5 minutes ago Labron just showed who "The Man" in the NBA is in 2007.
The reign of the new King is upon us.

acatitude
05-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Kobe ain't going anywhere. Old news.
As of 5 minutes ago Labron just showed who "The Man" in the NBA is in 2007.
The reign of the new King is upon us.
what he said......... wonder if Kobe was watchin that...... thats what I call carrying your team to victory...........yup best player in nba???? the lakers would trade kobe for james in a heart beat. lol...

GAME TIME
05-31-2007, 08:32 PM
what he said......... wonder if Kobe was watchin that...... thats what I call carrying your team to victory...........yup best player in nba???? the lakers would trade kobe for james in a heart beat. lol...
Great example of how Kobe gets hated on. IF Kobe would have scored the teams last 28 points, every hater and their mother would be saying how selfish he is and that he is a ball hog. Now LBJ goes off (and a great game by the way) and he is praised.:confused: :confused: Not taking anything away from his game but I'd like to see LBJ do that in a western conference finals game. Better yet, if they make it to the finals, let's see him do that to the spurs. Not going to happen.

acatitude
05-31-2007, 11:17 PM
talk about haters guess jordan was really a bum cuzz he wasnt in the west geez..... I listen to don say over and over that kobe is far and away the best player in the nba......... then I watch James totally carry his team to victory and you guys slam him cuzz he plays in the east yada yada yada......doesnt matter what team he did that against it was a monster game and he is ahead of both Kobe and jordan at the same point in his career... and yup if they beat detroit they wont win one game against the spurs and detroit will only win one if they are lucky......... you guys are the haters geesh... you guys crack me up :)

acatitude
05-31-2007, 11:42 PM
you know the bottom line is that there were a few laker players who said the hell with Kobe let him do it himself towards the end of the year and now Kobe is holding the lakers hostage demanding a trade... hasnt he basically said all his teamates are crap????? and shaq was willing to suck it up since they were winning, but Kobe pushed the deal...... well he got what he wanted and couldnt pull it off

Jyruiz
06-01-2007, 07:02 AM
talk about haters guess jordan was really a bum cuzz he wasnt in the west geez..... I listen to don say over and over that kobe is far and away the best player in the nba......... then I watch James totally carry his team to victory and you guys slam him cuzz he plays in the east yada yada yada......doesnt matter what team he did that against it was a monster game and he is ahead of both Kobe and jordan at the same point in his career... and yup if they beat detroit they wont win one game against the spurs and detroit will only win one if they are lucky......... you guys are the haters geesh... you guys crack me up :)
This is comical stuff I was talking about. Just to state another fact, when Jordan played and won all those rings, the west was the weaker conference.

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 07:23 AM
What is comical to me is all the Kobe haters all around the league. They all of the sudden want Kobe to come to their team. :)
NO WAY IN HELL the Lakers would give the suns the time of day! Plus I think Kobe realizes his career would be much shorter with the style of play the suns run. BTW: That suns post is not on ESPN.com I am pretty sure it came off of RealGM or one of the other rumor sites pipe dream sites.
Also, it is about time Lebron does something, he seems to choke every other time the game is on the line and never pull through. They still will not win a championship though. And how many times has Kobe pulled out amazing shit to win games? WAY MORE than Mr. James.

Jordy
06-01-2007, 07:28 AM
What is comical to me is all the Kobe haters all around the league. They all of the sudden want Kobe to come to their team. :)
When you started this thread, it kind of seemed as though you were hatin' on Kobe a bit too there DMxcuse. :idea:
NO WAY IN HELL the Lakers would give the suns the time of day!
Good thing. I'd hate to have to move because that selfish crybaby came to town. :notam:
And how many times has Kobe pulled out amazing shit to win games? WAY MORE than Mr. James.
And back to the nutswinging... amazing how you've changed your tune in this thread... mind blowing in fact... Must have been quite the emotional rollercoaster ride for you the last few days there DMxcuse. :D :D :D

BadKachina
06-01-2007, 07:31 AM
BTW: That suns post is not on ESPN.com I am pretty sure it came off of RealGM or one of the other rumor sites pipe dream sites.
Ok...........
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&entryDate=20070530

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 07:35 AM
When you started this thread, it kind of seemed as though you were hatin' on Kobe a bit too there DMxcuse. :idea:
Good thing. I'd hate to have to move because that selfish crybaby came to town. :notam:
And back to the nutswinging... amazing how you've changed your tune in this thread... mind blowing in fact... Must have been quite the emotional rollercoaster ride for you the last few days there DMxcuse. :D :D :D
I am a Laker fan before a Kobe fan. If he were to go, I would just be interested in seeing who replaces him, cause it would be ALOT of talent. The Lakers are going to want to clean a team out for him.
The Lakers have been really busy. Rumors are they contacted Denver about Marcus Camby, Indiana called the Lakers asking if they want to work out a deal for O'Neal (since O'Neal wants the Lakers). Insiders also say the Lakers are set to pick up Jason Kidd talks with New Jersey (where they left off) and Ron Artest is now on the block again.
As I said before, the Lakers had a few years of down time, when all you haters kicked them while they were down. Now it seems like they are committed to get back to their winning ways, so get set. :)
Bad Kachina: Bill Simmons BLOG? lol. He has practically ran down every trade scenario in the league, just for kicks. :)

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 07:42 AM
WHO CARES ABOUT KOBE, what has he done for society? and don't say he provides entertainment.............
Well, he works very close with make a wish foundation. He donates thousands of dollars to local charities. He just donated money to pay for a little girls funeral, that her parents couldnt pay for. He works with many charities in the area doing events and signings to raise money. He is very active in the community, but that is the type of stuff the media doesnt show.

acatitude
06-01-2007, 07:54 AM
well i hear its oneil for odom and bynum..........does that really make the lakers any better????? thats a lot to give up
and ***boat is for entertainment and having fun.... read where this thread took a left turn ;)

acatitude
06-01-2007, 08:00 AM
This is comical stuff I was talking about. Just to state another fact, when Jordan played and won all those rings, the west was the weaker conference.
like I said when a guy can win a game 1 on 5 thats impressive no matter what team its against or which conference... try giving credit where its due...
now all the laker fans are just ragging on james cuzz Dmbstar has repeatedly stated how god like the lakers and kobe are and how great blah blah the team will be..... well its a sad day for him and now as usual a left turn and only respond to one sentence... lol .... a nice comical thread ..

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
well i hear its oneil for odom and bynum..........does that really make the lakers any better????? thats a lot to give up
and ***boat is for entertainment and having fun.... read where this thread took a left turn ;)
I read that the Lakers are trying to work it where they dont lose Odom, Kobe really likes him. They were working on Brown, Bynum and the Pick with maybe another filler. I can see why they would want to do that, Odom is a All Star himself, so they would potentially have three all stars two of which can grab 15 rebounds each per game. Re-sign Walton and a FA G with the MLE and what you have is pretty sweet... :D
O'Neal
Odom
Walton
Kobe
?

acatitude
06-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Gotta love Barkley..... Just heard him say how funny Kobe was flip flopping back and forth.... chuck says Kobe needs a hobby as only chuck can say it lol

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Gotta love Barkley..... Just heard him say how funny Kobe was flip flopping back and forth.... chuck says Kobe needs a hobby as only chuck can say it lol
I agree, he also needs a member of the Lakers front office at his house every morning to give him a hug. :) Cause that is all it took to pipe his tone down.

Cole Trickle
06-01-2007, 09:06 AM
1. I love Charles Barkley. If I were a fat, black, former NBA superstar, I would be Chuck.
2. When Michael Jordan played, the East was far and away the better conference.
3. O'Neal for Odom and Bynum will not make the Lakers better.
4. LeBron is a great player, but he does not dominate a game offensively the way the Kobe does or Jordan did. But, he's a better playmaker than either and a better rebounder. He has a different skill set. His outside game is not nearly as good as either Kobe or Jordan, but it's as good as Jordan when he first came into the league. That airball that he pumped up last night almost killed them. He needs to work as hard as Jordan did to improve his outside game.
Don't forget that LBJ is a man child and dwarfs Kobe and MJ in size. (Height and weight)

Cole Trickle
06-01-2007, 09:10 AM
True dat. I think the player he actually reminds me of most is Magic, but with way more athleticism. Magic was not the best outside shooter when he came into the league. I think if James wanted to, he could dominate a game like Magic did without even scoring. And he's a better defender.
Agreed...
Imagine how good magic would have been if he could shoot the outside ball and dunk;):D

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I dont see james as trying to be a dominant scorer. he is more of a team player. he is still young lets see what he is in 2 yeras. if he doesnt get hurt he will be the man... He just decided to take that game over himself and he did...... pretty awesome performance I think..lets see how the next 5-6 years go... hes no jordan he is LaBron ...good enough

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
The funny thing is, the Lakers were compared to the Cavaliers, being they are just a bunch of role players with one big star. Then all the injuries happened, so who knows how good this Laker team actually is (look at the Cavs) and now the Lakers are going to blow it up, hopefully it works out.

Old Texan
06-01-2007, 10:42 AM
I dont see james as trying to be a dominant scorer. he is more of a team player. he is still young lets see what he is in 2 yeras. if he doesnt get hurt he will be the man... He just decided to take that game over himself and he did...... pretty awesome performance I think..lets see how the next 5-6 years go... hes no jordan he is LaBron ...good enough
He just wins series in the Playoffs......w/o a fat center.:devil:
The Pistons w/o Ben Wallace shutting down the middle can't get it done and Billups is playing the worst series in his carreer. LeBron is going to his "1st" Championship series just as Jordan did, going through an aging Detroit team.

eliminatedsprinter
06-01-2007, 11:59 AM
True dat. I think the player he actually reminds me of most is Magic, but with way more athleticism. Magic was not the best outside shooter when he came into the league. I think if James wanted to, he could dominate a game like Magic did without even scoring. And he's a better defender.
The player he most reminds me of is Barkley. He plays a different position, but he brings in the same amount and type of athleticism as Barkley did.

eliminatedsprinter
06-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Agreed...
Imagine how good magic would have been if he could shoot the outside ball and dunk;):D
??Magic had no problem Dunking and his outside shot was pretty good, he just played on a team that didn't need to rely on it. I see no similarity at all between Magic and LeBron, they are totally different style players. I guess if I ever see LeBron throwing 60ft bounce passes (or 20 foot ones while sitting on his butt) or winning games with baby hook shots, I might change my mind. But to me compairing those two is like compairing Charles Barkley to Meadowlark Lemon.:)

eliminatedsprinter
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
He's got the same outside game, that's for sure. ;) Barkley was a freak. I've stood next to Chuck several times, if he's any taller than 6'5" I'd eat my hat. Barkley had the unmeasurable quality of heart. The only guy that's still playing today that displays the same amount of heart as Chuck is Allan Iverson.
Barkley is 6' 4" (and 1/2;) ). But he played much larger, because he was strong, had great timing and positioning (footwork), and he could jump out of the gym.:D

Old Texan
06-01-2007, 12:22 PM
??Magic had no problem Dunking and his outside shot was pretty good, he just played on a team that didn't need to rely on it. I see no similarity at all between Magic and LeBron, they are totally different style players. I guess if I ever see LeBron throwing 60ft bounce passes (or 20 foot ones while sitting on his butt) or winning games with baby hook shots, I might change my mind. But to me compairing those two is like compairing Charles Barkley to Meadowlark Lemon.:)
Charles is very similar to Meadow, both clowns.....:devil:
ES you trying to get in Chuck's "5" like D. Wade????:D
Dunking has done far more harm to the game than good. It's exciting but certainly doesn't guarantee anything. Magic played a superior floor game and was perhaps the best point guard in history due to size and all round skills, defense not withstanding. Lots of argument on that point, but judged on shear winning, few have ever won as consistantly at all levels.

eliminatedsprinter
06-01-2007, 12:27 PM
He also had the biggest ass in NBA history.
Indeed. :D
And he used it too....:)

eliminatedsprinter
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Really? It's the player he's most often compared to in terms of skill set and being a 6'8" point guard. He's definitely not as flashy as Magic, but much more athletic.
I guess as the memory of our heroes fade, we forget their flaws. Magic was a terrible outside shooter, a terrible 3 point shooter and rarely dunked. Magic was the best passer to ever play the game, the best at getting his teammates involved and, though not a great shooter, average over .500 from the field for his career. He knew his limitations and always played within himself. He rarely took a shot from outside the free throw line.
Terrible is way too harsh a word, because he had a way of hitting outside shots when he needed to. But he didn't need to very often, because of the quality of his teamates and because of his phenominal passing skills. He was also one of the best I have ever seen at driving the lane and drawing the foul while making the awkward shot. He got a lot of 3 point plays that way, of course it didn't hurt that he was always around 80-90% from the free throw line.

AirtimeLavey
06-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Can't see the LeBron/Magic thing, but then I don't watch LeBron enough. To me, he's just very athletic and straight to the hole kinda guy. I think he passes more, because he doesn't have the killer instinct/confidence in his own shot, yet. That will probably develop. Still, rather have Kobe.
No way Lakers will trade away the best player in the world. I think Kobe was just bringing some heat to the sitch. I wouldn't be surprised to see J.Kidd or O'neal here this summer. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. One way or another, Lakers will be better.

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Lebron wouldnt make a pimple on Magic's ass!
Not yet anyways...

acatitude
06-01-2007, 03:41 PM
to me the only way to compare players of different eras is to see where they were at the same point in time.... I think most basketball experts would say James is way ahead of Jordan and Kobe.. to me Magic was the best, he just played with one of the greatest teams ever assembled and didn't have to be the guy... However I will always remember the little hook shot from the free throw line to win it..

Old Texan
06-01-2007, 04:28 PM
to me the only way to compare players of different eras is to see where they were at the same point in time.... I think most basketball experts would say James is way ahead of Jordan and Kobe.. to me Magic was the best, he just played with one of the greatest teams ever assembled and didn't have to be the guy... However I will always remember the little hook shot from the free throw line to win it..
Jordan was a whole different player when he entered the NBA. He played under Dean Smith and understood the concept of team play and the value of defense. Kobe and Lebron have had to mature both defensively and from a team aspect. Skill wise it's an unwinnable argument as to who had the most athleticism and individual skills. All 3 rank in the top of all time even though Lebron is just starting out. Whoever doubts his shooting ability has not watched his progression since entering the league and apparently was out in the kitchen during last night's 4th quarter and OTs. The man is just learning to square up to the basket and get his shot position in traffic. Sky's the limit for this one.....
And I'm a F---in' Pistons fan.....:(

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Sources have told WTHR's Henry Wofford that Jermaine O'Neal has purchased a home in Los Angeles within the past 6 weeks.
http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6600657&nav=menu188_4
I am hearing Bynum/Brown/Filler/Pick for O'Neal and one other player.

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
There is absolutely no way that an O'Neal deal will NOT include Lamar Odom. You'd have to trade 11 current Lakers and 3 retired guys to get even close to equal value without Odom.
Read my lips. Odom for O'Neal plus some other guys that are getting dumped because of their stinky contracts, probably Radmovich and Tinsley. And, they make that trade with Odom and Bynum, they're not better, not even close.
Kwame, Radman and Bynum work for O'Neal straight up. Throw in the pick the Lakers dont need just to make it better for the Pacers. But, they are getting a deal and it works well for both teams. You give up a center and get a first round pick center and a young up and coming center + a nice secondary forward and a future pick. That is a steal.

acatitude
06-01-2007, 07:03 PM
as i said before... no odom in the deal, no Oneil...............

acatitude
06-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Have you heard Don's latest deal? O'Neal for Farmar, Walton, Cook, the 19th pick and $10m in cash. :D :D
I think he makes these up with his little laker twirly hat on :D

acatitude
06-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Sources have told WTHR's Henry Wofford that Jermaine O'Neal has purchased a home in Los Angeles within the past 6 weeks.
http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6600657&nav=menu188_4
I am hearing Bynum/Brown/Filler/Pick for O'Neal and one other player.
well maybe he is going to the clips, lol.......... or maybe you can rent it from him;)

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 07:49 PM
You never mentioned Radmonovich, you threw him in to make it fit.
Let me ask you a question. If you were the Pacers, would you trade Jermaine O'Neal straight up for Bynum, Brown and Radmonovich? If you say yes, you're out of your focking mind. Odom for O'Neal, plus some other scrubs. When the best thing you can say about Kwame Brown is that he is a former number one overall pick, you've got problems.
I hate to break this to you, but the Lakers are not that good. Let me rephrase that. Everybody on the Lakers besides Kobe and Odom are not that good. I know in your mind this makes sense, but let's put it into terms that are more easily understood. You don't trade a $250,000 Ferrari for 125 $2,000 Hyundais. The value is equal on paper (or to that ignorant trade machine you're using), but it's not equal, because, in the end, you're still stuck with 125 Hyundais.
Nobody REALLY knows who is involved in the deal. Here is the thing, the Lakers are not begging Indiana to make this trade. O'Neal has said he is not happy in Indy and wants to play in LA. He can opt out after this season, so if they do not trade him now, they do not get jack in return. They just signed their new coach and are ready to blow up the team, since...even with O'Neal they are not doing squat. I read in an article that it is a WIN WIN for both teams however it goes. If Indiana gets Bynum they are getting a very nice piece. He has blocked lots of shots for the short minutes he played and his potential is yet to be seen, since he played short minutes. Getting Brown who is also a former first round pick and has shown spirts of potential as well. Right there is two young centers for one pissed off center who has 4 years to play? That alone is a great deal if you ask me. Get what you can for him right now, or lose him next season. :)
Indiana needs this deal just as much as the Lakers, if not more. The Lakers are also showing interest in Camby and have called Denver about him. This could be a way for Indiana to move faster, since Camby only makes 9 mill.

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 08:32 PM
There'll be 20 other teams standing in line to give them better value than a "no Odom" deal. Mark it down. Chit, they could probably pry the 3 pick in the draft from Atlanta.
Camby's a better fit for the Lakers. He's an imposing defensive presence in the middle, gets up and down the floor and can score without getting any touches on offense. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker than O'Neal. Both players are prone to injury, which is a big risk for the Lakers. I'm sure the Lakers could get Camby without giving up Odom, but if they don't package Odom, they're going to run into the same problem, they simply don't have anybody that anybody else wants enough to make a deal for that caliber of player, so another team will trump the deal. Odom has to go simply because the Lakers are so thin in talent.
I agree with you, but not about the 3 pick from Atlanta. :)
The Lakers need to stack up with star players like they had a few years ago. This makes them much more powerful. Jim Buss tried to go the "young players for the future" route, but that is not what the Lakers have ever been about.

acatitude
06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree with you, but not about the 3 pick from Atlanta. :)
The Lakers need to stack up with star players like they had a few years ago. This makes them much more powerful. Jim Buss tried to go the "young players for the future" route, but that is not what the Lakers have ever been about.
everybody wants to stock up with star players, lol... but you have to draft or have something to give in return and like swb says you have only odom....
I hear all these clowns on talk radio saying trade bibby and miller for KG... they dont ever put themselves in the other GM"s spot....why would they trade O'Neal for scrubs when they can get something better from someone else......... and who cares where he wants to go at this point... sure Indiana can inquire and see what he's worth to the lakers, but other teams will trump there offer I bet ...

acatitude
06-01-2007, 08:55 PM
How about Radmonovich, Farmar, Cook and the 19 for O'Neal and Brown, Bynum, Cook and next year's 1 for Bibby and Miller? Wait, that leaves the Lakers with five players and no draft choices. :D
Oh, and I traded Cook twice. :D
now you sound like dmonzsta lol:D
And I hear the artest rumors up here but there aint no one i see helping us unless they are giving us Odom and if I was the laker gm id nix that unless I knew odoms injury was worse then it is .. we already have a couple of scrub 4's in shareef and smith and a POS center
oops not smith I meant thomas, hes so shitty I forgot his name lol

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:01 PM
hell for that matter the Kings could offer a lot more then the scrub lakers Don wants to give away.. take your choice bibby miller artest schareef The #10.. a package of them sounds better then the laker scrubs already, and corliss still has a couple good years left in him

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 09:06 PM
The rumor I have heard is Kwame Brown for Artest straight up. But rumors are just reporters that are coming up with shit most of the time.
I was also reading that PJ thinks Odom is a more valuable piece than O'Neal. They are working on multiple scenarios right now.
Indiana wants expiring contracts so they can rebuild.

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:07 PM
The rumor I have heard is Kwame Brown for Artest straight up.
God I hope not Id rather have bynum.. brown is a slug

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 09:10 PM
God I hope not Id rather have bynum.. brown is a slug
He is better than any center on the kings roster right now! :D

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:11 PM
lets see we trade bibby and artest for sure. Id like to get rid of miller but he has a big ass contract and no seemingly value
my lineup
point== price and douby
sh gaurd kevin martin
sm frwd fransisco carcia
pwr frwd J oneal ( we have more to offer then the lakers lol)
center justin williams or the # 10 pick
I like it :D
and the new coach... guess who??????????.
KURT RAMBIS

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:12 PM
ANY SLUG IS BETTER THEN MILLER:D

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 09:16 PM
lets see we trade bibby and artest for sure. Id like to get rid of miller but he has a big ass contract and no seemingly value
my lineup
point== price and douby
sh gaurd kevin martin
sm frwd fransisco carcia
pwr frwd J oneal ( we have more to offer then the lakers lol)
center justin williams or the # 10 pick
I like it :D
and the new coach... guess who??????????.
KURT RAMBIS
If the kings take Rambis they can suck balls! That means they are just Laker nut riders! :D
Dont underestimate Bynum, remember New Jersey was ready to trade J. Kidd for him and a filler. :idea: But the Lakers said no, what a bunch of idiots, I would have hopped all over that shit.

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 09:16 PM
ANY SLUG IS BETTER THEN MILLER:D
What happened to him? He used to be decent. :confused:

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:18 PM
It wouldn't make sense for the kings to trade for brown or bynum unless they can move miller. Miller makes to much money$$ to ride the bench.. I dont see them getting much for miller but bibby has value in a sign and trade and Artest is going to be interesting.... he is a great player .. its just his off court shit lately, but you watch him for a year and you see how quick and strong he is...

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:20 PM
now now remember Rambis used to be a king so pipe down there boy.....
my money is on Rambis, van gundy or Terry porter as the next coach .. we will see

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 09:25 PM
It wouldn't make sense for the kings to trade for brown or bynum unless they can move miller. Miller makes to much money$$ to ride the bench.. I dont see them getting much for miller but bibby has value in a sign and trade and Artest is going to be interesting.... he is a great player .. its just his off court shit lately, but you watch him for a year and you see how quick and strong he is...
BREAKING NEWS!!!
Artest will be traded to the Raiders! :D

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:27 PM
yup it is to bad he is so stupid about some things... I was impressed when I watched him.. The one thing i notice is he never argues a call which surprised me, just a little smile and goes about the game... his hands are lightning fast and he is big time strong and that boy can match Barkley for the big un movable rear end :D .. some one is going to get a hellof a player... but he has to go or bibby and probably both.. they obviously can't co-exist together that was obvious and Artest has lost all respect from his teammates

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Ron Artest wants to be a Sacramento King about as much as I do.
He will get his wish this off season
im thinking he should go to indiana as part of the oneal trade lol
artest probably cost us 3-4 games this year by shooting us OUT of games ..

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Artest wanted to be a Laker BAD! He bought a place in LA and was sitting front row for three of the games, when he was off. Kobe had told him he would be a Laker, I dont know why the Lakers backed off, he was a lock and was going to approve the trade 100%. LA would have been PERFECT for his rap career too. lol.

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Artest wanted to be a Laker BAD! He bought a place in LA and was sitting front row for three of the games, when he was off. Kobe had told him he would be a Laker, I dont know why the Lakers backed off, he was a lock and was going to approve the trade 100%. LA would have been PERFECT for his rap career too. lol.
getting to be a lot of non la players buying homes there huh:rolleyes:
Probably cuzz Kobe ain't the GM,,,, lol although I'm sure he is, at least lately.... If he was I wonder who he would trade himself for:rolleyes:

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
If he comes to LA, it will be as a Clipper in a trade for Corey Maggette. Unless you think Brown, Bynum, Cook and the 19 will pry him away from the Kings. ;)
yup id do the laker trade in a minute but we would have to throw in a player or 2..ARtest really doesnt make that much $$,
I dont know what stopped the clip trade last year. I think the kings went onn a little run and hoped it would last... I think they will get more the nmaggette for Artest.. we will see

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:48 PM
You want a kid that will win a game one night and then shoot you out of the building the next, Maggette is your man. :D
well a new coach is first on the agenda . That will happen by I say june 20th... then the draft and trades....yea Maggette doesnt impress me and I dont know where he would play in our lineup.. he surely wouldnt be a starter

acatitude
06-01-2007, 09:56 PM
If he comes to LA, it will be as a Clipper in a trade for Corey Maggette. Unless you think Brown, Bynum, Cook and the 19 will pry him away from the Kings. ;)
gee if we did that then we could just trade all that to indiana for O'neal per Dons trade thinking:D yea I like it

acatitude
06-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh, come now. He'd immediately be the second best player on your team. He's very impressive, he's just not quite as good as he thinks he is.
we already have a few of those lmao:(

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Are the kings going to get anything for Bibby? Isnt he a free agent now?

acatitude
06-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Are the kings going to get anything for Bibby? Isnt he a free agent now?
yea its his option and with what he makes and the lousy year he had he would be pulling a "bonzi wells turning down 35 million" if he opted out... but I believe some of his issues were caused bt artest. he is still a hell of a shooter... and guess who really needs a point gaurd?????? The Cavs ... I see drew gooden coming here for Bibby

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 10:20 PM
yea its his option and with what he makes and the lousy year he had he would be pulling a "bonzi wells turning down 35 million" if he opted out... but I believe some of his issues were caused bt artest. he is still a hell of a shooter... and guess who really needs a point gaurd?????? The Cavs ... I see drew gooden coming here for Bibby
Bibby will be buying a house and coming to LA soon too. :D lol.
Honestly, I dont see him leaving the queens. The maloofs give him all the gay sex and little boys he needs. :)

acatitude
06-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Bibby will be buying a house and coming to LA soon too. :D lol.
Honestly, I dont see him leaving the queens. The maloofs give him all the gay sex and little boys he needs. :)
Probably already has 1 there. ;) bibby would be a good fit for the lakers but they can't afford him. well at least Kobe wouldn;t have to worry about sharing his hotel maids with bibby

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 10:24 PM
well at least Kobe wouldn;t have to worry about sharing his hotel maids with bibby
He would just have to worry about Bibby sneaking up from behind. lol. :)

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
The Lakers are going to sign and trade for every player and then find out which combo works best, then dump everyone else. :eek:

dmontzsta
06-01-2007, 10:31 PM
LA Times just came out with some interesting info. Could the Lakers be playing it smart and actually not rip themselves off?
The Lakers have begun talks with the Denver Nuggets regarding center Marcus Camby, the NBA defensive player of the year, who has led the league in blocked shots the last two seasons.
Camby, 33, averaged 11.2 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.3 blocks last season. He has a decent midrange jump shot and doesn't demand the ball often in the post, doing most of his scoring with outside shots and after offensive rebounds.
The Nuggets are reportedly trying to lower their payroll, which would make Lakers center Kwame Brown a possibility in trade talks, a league source said.
Brown has only one year left on his contract, for $9.1 million; Camby has three years and about $26 million left on his contract. The Lakers might have to add another low-salaried player or a draft pick to make such a deal more equitable for the Nuggets.
Camby and Brown have missed their share of games because of injuries. Camby has played more than 65 games in a season only three times in his 11-year career. Brown has averaged only 61 games a season in his first six years in the league.
This way they would actually keep Odom and Bynum.
Camby
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Free Agent 1 / Farmar

acatitude
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
LA Times just came out with some interesting info. Could the Lakers be playing it smart and actually not rip themselves off?
The Lakers have begun talks with the Denver Nuggets regarding center Marcus Camby, the NBA defensive player of the year, who has led the league in blocked shots the last two seasons.
Camby, 33, averaged 11.2 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.3 blocks last season. He has a decent midrange jump shot and doesn't demand the ball often in the post, doing most of his scoring with outside shots and after offensive rebounds.
The Nuggets are reportedly trying to lower their payroll, which would make Lakers center Kwame Brown a possibility in trade talks, a league source said.
Brown has only one year left on his contract, for $9.1 million; Camby has three years and about $26 million left on his contract. The Lakers might have to add another low-salaried player or a draft pick to make such a deal more equitable for the Nuggets.
Camby and Brown have missed their share of games because of injuries. Camby has played more than 65 games in a season only three times in his 11-year career. Brown has averaged only 61 games a season in his first six years in the league.
This way they would actually keep Odom and Bynum.
Camby
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Free Agent 1 / Farmar
Im confused now.... Doesnt this blow your theory of big money to over 30 big men who only decline after 31???? Im sure there is some reasonable explanation that makes this the exception, lol :idea:

acatitude
06-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Camby is an anomaly, because he avoids contact like everybody in the league has herpes simplex 10. His numbers are actually going up, aided by the fact that he only plays like 20 games a year. :D He's always fresh.
Seriously, he's more like a 3 in a 5 body. His game is midrange plus garbage dunks of putbacks. He's not a banger and not a true "big man."
well I knew you would explain it to me:D :rolleyes: :D

acatitude
06-01-2007, 10:55 PM
well guess you cant get ARtest now that brown is going in that trade .. guess we will have to trade him to indiana now for O'neal and bibby for gooden.. I can live with that, and hopefully Miller will shoot himself in the foot while squirrel hunting in arkansas and he will be out and we can play williams at center
douby/price
martin/ salmons
gooden/garcia
Oneal/ raheem
williams/ #10 pick from stanford
I can live with that

Jyruiz
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't think this thread would get this long. Carry on.:)

acatitude
06-01-2007, 10:59 PM
The theory only applies to true centers because of the constant pounding they give and take. Marcus Camby has been in the league like 11 years and I think he taken 2 charges, both from behind. :D
Now its back to being a theory.... before it was a "proven NBA fact":)

acatitude
06-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I didn't think this thread would get this long. Carry on.:)
its called the dateless weekend lol.. and to think this came next. I need a life:idea:

acatitude
06-01-2007, 11:11 PM
lmao....... Ok dude thanks for setting me straight... :) :)

acatitude
06-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Maybe give Mike Bibby a call. :D :p
he's busy giving Kobe a reach around and a hamburger from the marriot;)

dmontzsta
06-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I wish something would happen already, I am sick of the speculation and ready to root the Lakers on to a championship!!! :)

KineticoH20
06-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I wish something would happen already, I am sick of the speculation and ready to root the Lakers on to a championship!!! :)
Ditto:D

Jordy
06-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Aren't you putting the cart in front of the horse here DMxcuse??? Afterall, you do have to cheer the Raiders on to a Superbowl victory first!!! :D :D :D

dmontzsta
06-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Rumor on LakersGround and HoopsWorld is the Lakers are going after Camby, Artest and O'Neal all at once, sounds like they are CLEARING out their roster. :eek:
What is it?
Odom + Bynum for O'Neal
Brown + Pick for Camby
Maybe sign and trade with Walton for Artest?
There was an article in a Indy newspaper about the O'Neal deal. Supposedly his little daughter told her school teacher she would not be there any longer, cause her "daddy said they are moving to Los Angeles." kids dont lie huh? :)
Something needs to happen...sick of all the speculation. A line up like this would be a mother ****er on defense. :)
Camby
O'Neal
Artest
Kobe
Farmar or FA guard.

dmontzsta
06-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey, with that lineup, they'd only be about $120M over the cap.
So what!!! Buss can pay that shit, just stop buying 23 year old chicks houses and cars!!!
BTW: How would they be over? when they are replacing current salaries, plus they are losing a bunch of salaries this year.

acatitude
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
damn do you ever wake up or is your life just one long dream lol:D

acatitude
06-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Rumor on LakersGround and HoopsWorld is the Lakers are going after Camby, Artest and O'Neal all at once, sounds like they are CLEARING out their roster. :eek:
What is it?
Odom + Bynum for O'Neal
Brown + Pick for Camby
Maybe sign and trade with Walton for Artest?
There was an article in a Indy newspaper about the O'Neal deal. Supposedly his little daughter told her school teacher she would not be there any longer, cause her "daddy said they are moving to Los Angeles." kids dont lie huh? :)
Something needs to happen...sick of all the speculation. A line up like this would be a mother ****er on defense. :)
Camby
O'Neal
Artest
Kobe
Farmar or FA guard.
well my hoops world said artest to indiana for O,neal so you just lost 2/5 of your lineup lol:eek: :eek:

acatitude
06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
The important thing to remember is the Lakers contacted Denver about a move and not the other way around. The Nuggets are willing to listen to any potential offers, but they are not actively shopping Camby.
Hey Don you forgot to mention this paragraph. lol you crack me up....;)

dmontzsta
06-02-2007, 10:44 PM
When the Lakers are hoisting their trophy, you guys will be pissed again. ;)

totenhosen
06-03-2007, 04:29 AM
told you guys a few weeks ago how I had changed my attitude about Kobe after having talked to my friend who plays in the NBA.

dmontzsta
06-03-2007, 08:20 AM
told you guys a few weeks ago how I had changed my attitude about Kobe after having talked to my friend who plays in the NBA.
Maybe Kobe didnt like your friend. :)
Robert Horry just came out in the news and said Kobe was the best teammate he had ever had. He said Kobe is determine to win all the time, and pushes himself and his teammates to be the best they can be. He said he helped him to become a better player by playing with him and being pushed.
Maybe your friend was lazy and didnt want to be pushed? :)

DILLIGAF
06-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Robert Horry just came out in the news and said Kobe was the best teammate he had ever had. He said Kobe is determine to win all the time, and pushes himself and his teammates to be the best they can be. He said he helped him to become a better player by playing with him and being pushed.
Damn....this kind of shit with Insane is still going on?
Insane.....you need therapy :)

DILLIGAF
06-03-2007, 08:25 AM
I just check the Clipper's Hoopsworld and we're apparently sending Eric Piatkowski, Danny Manning and 2010's 2nd round pick to Indiana for O'Neal and Maggette plus that Russian dude that nevers play to Denver for Camby. Additionally, Artest just bought a house from Donald Sterling, so he's coming too, details to be worked out later.
Here's our new lineup:
Kaman - C
Camby - C
O'Neal - PF
Artest - PF
Brand - PF
Livingston - PG
Cassell - PG
Mobley - SG
Nick Young (draft pick) - SG
The NBA is going to let the Clippers play all nine guys at once.
Best post in this thread yet :)

totenhosen
06-03-2007, 02:22 PM
But my friend is playing in the finals and Kobe isn't!;)

dmontzsta
06-03-2007, 02:30 PM
But my friend is playing in the finals and Kobe isn't!;)
You just narrowed down your friend. ;)
The thing is, sometimes certain people just dont rub one another right. There are some people that think I am a dick, when I really am not. People are funny like that, there are certain people I just cant get along with, just cause of the way they come off the first few times.

acatitude
06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
You just narrowed down your friend. ;)
The thing is, sometimes certain people just dont rub one another right. There are some people that think I am a dick, when I really am not. People are funny like that, there are certain people I just cant get along with, just cause of the way they come off the first few times.
LOL now who would think that???? your just a homo errrrr homer :D

acatitude
06-18-2007, 06:22 PM
so KObe is back at it????? I have a great idea.... The lakers should trade Kobe to Miami for wade,,, lol:D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-18-2007, 06:37 PM
F^ck Kobe.. he needs to quit acting his age,:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Baby3.gif

dmontzsta
06-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Who knows...The Lakers JUST released a statement saying they will not be getting rid of him and are currently looking to add pieces around him.
Then you have the rumors of Minni calling all teams asking what they would give for KG. Marion in a sign and trade for Luke Walton, Someone else and the pick. Kobe meeting with Pau Gasol, the J O'Neal talks are at a stand still right now.
Nothing will happen until the draft probably.

3 daytona`s
06-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Who knows...The Lakers JUST released a statement saying they will not be getting rid of him and are currently looking to add pieces around him.
Then you have the rumors of Minni calling all teams asking what they would give for KG. Marion in a sign and trade for Luke Walton, Someone else and the pick. Kobe meeting with Pau Gasol, the J O'Neal talks are at a stand still right now.
Nothing will happen until the draft probably.
The Lakers have been promising him players for him for several years. Why would he believe them now? B.S. I hope he goes to the Bulls then things will be exciting.

dmontzsta
06-28-2007, 08:41 AM
HERE IS "THE KOBE VIDEO" lol. This thing looks VERY fake. The audio is not even sinked up with the video and when did Kobe get a high pitched crackling voice like a teenager? lol.
Video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p0-9osVWLpc
"Xtra Audio"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5atLu9bww8g
And these guys were trying to get rich off this? :jawdrop:

eliminatedsprinter
06-28-2007, 12:14 PM
F^ck Kobe.. he needs to quit acting his age,:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Baby3.gif
The Laker management should ignore his comments and build the best team they can. If he is on it so be it. If they win he will shut up. Kobe is like a big kid, when they win he is happy and when they are losing he whines. I say ignore his words off the court and just pay him to play ball....