PDA

View Full Version : Sheriffs with a little horsepower

Bradman
05-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Was out in Havasu a couple of weeks ago and seen the LE's getting ready to patrol the waters in what looked liked a Conquest.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/Havasu%20Misc/DSC03580.jpg?t=1180558959
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/Havasu%20Misc/DSC03581.jpg?t=1180559173

RiverDave
05-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Holy Shiznit!@!
RD

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 01:19 PM
They would love it but are content with this one ;) :D NSF,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2431misc_boats_002.jpg

Bradman
05-30-2007, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=Not So Fast;2590652]They would love it but are content with this one ;) :D NSF,
Then maybe is was a loaner boat for the weekend. They were definitely using that boat for patroling that weekend.

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
REALLY????????? WOW thats one expensive patrol boat but I'll bet they were just trying her out. ;) NSF

bocco
05-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Still not a bad ride.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Spent a ton of time talking with the Deputy above, and his civilian partner, at the Orange County Boat Show, great guys.....

Bradman
05-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Spent a ton of time talking with the Deputy above, and his civilian partner, at the Orange County Boat Show, great guys.....
Him and his partner were very cool. They had no problems letting me and a few others take pictures. It was very cool to see the smiles on their faces when they fired up the boat.:)

Nord
05-30-2007, 02:01 PM
If that is where Arizona Tax dollars are going (first boat) there is definately something wrong there........................

Thorsinc
05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
That explains why my boat registration went up

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
If that is where Arizona Tax dollars are going (first boat) there is definately something wrong there........................
That explains why my boat registration went up
First off, the gray Conquest is not the sheriffs boat. Secondly, it's San Bernardino County. Thirdly (is that even a word :D ) they didn't pay retail. Furthermore (I'm sure that one is a word) if I remember correctly it was paid for, at leat partially, by a grant...

Nord
05-30-2007, 02:21 PM
First off, the gray Conquest is not the sheriffs boat. Secondly, it's San Bernardino County. Thirdly (is that even a word :D ) they didn't pay retail. Furthermore (I'm sure that one is a word) if I remember correctly it was paid for, at leat partially, by a grant...
So they used a Grant to a boat that will cost a pretty high maintenance fee???

Nord
05-30-2007, 02:21 PM
BTW, it looks like a CAT hull, not a Deck Hull, do cops pay insurance???

epeagle
05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
is that the same silver bosscat that was in ***boat?
like $10,000 mercedes silver pint job?
paul pfaff engine

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2007, 02:30 PM
496 HO motor, should be fairly straightforward maintenance...
BTW, it looks like a CAT hull, not a Deck Hull, do cops pay insurance???
The white Conquest with the SBSD logos is a deckboat
is that the same silver bosscat that was in ***boat?
like $10,000 mercedes silver pint job?
paul pfaff engine
Yes, but that is NOT the SBSD patrol boat...

Nord
05-30-2007, 02:33 PM
496 HO motor, should be fairly straightforward maintenance...
With some big exhaust!!!
The white Conquest with the SBSD logos is a deckboat
Not the Grey one....
Yes, but that is NOT the SBSD patrol boat
Why is the guy in uniform driving it??
BTW, not arguing.........just asking.......

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Why is the guy in uniform driving it??
BTW, not arguing.........just asking.......
Don't know...he may have just been checking it out...

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Before everybody gets their panties in a bunch. The Conquest Sheriffs boat was covered in some detail when they got it by good ole Keith so I'm not letting anything out of the bag so to speak. It was a donation by the owner of Conquest as the rumor goes, and it is a deck boat 496HO/22p. The main drivers are very cool as are most of the SBSD on the water given the chance to be nice:D The silver one was at the LA Boat show and is a pretty special edition Boss Cat with what is reported as a $15,000 paint/cap job and big Phaff motor. It is as straight a boat as I have ever seen BTW, very cool ;) NSF

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Before everybody gets their panties in a bunch. The Conquest Sheriffs boat was covered in some detail when they got it by good ole Keith so I'm not letting anything out of the bag so to speak. It was a donation by the owner of Conquest as the rumor goes, and it is a deck boat 496HO/22p. The main drivers are very cool as are most of the SBSD on the water given the chance to be nice:D The silver one was at the LA Boat show and is a pretty special edition Boss Cat with what is reported as a $15,000 paint/cap job and big Phaff motor. It is as straight a boat as I have ever seen BTW, very cool ;) NSF
Did you not read any of my posts? :D BTW, were you at the 'Shoe for dinner on Monday night? Thought I saw someone that looked like you, or at least the picture I remember of you when you got the Rhino as we have never met.....

shrek
05-30-2007, 02:57 PM
If I owned Conquest, I would donate one also.......
Talk about advertising.........like a rolling billboard, that everyone looks at.....
Just like the Buckskin Fire Conquest @ Parker..........now that is a bad ass boat......
Shrek

Boatcop
05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
The SBCSO Conquest was a donation. As was the one that BLM has up there.
The Buckskin Fire Boat was bought through a grant from the State Lake Improvement Fund (SLIF). Same grant fund we buy our boats through.
As far as AZ Registration fees, they only go for a very small portion of SLIF grants.
Out of all AZ Registration fees, 65% goes to Game and Fish. 35% for AZ State Parks Grant funds.
Of that 35% to State Parks, 85% goes to the Law Enforcement/Boating Safety Fund grants, which pays salaries of County Sheriff Boating Officers, and some additional equipment and training. The other 15% goes into SLIF.
SLIF gets most of it's funding from AZ Marine Fuel taxes, and Highway Fuel taxes attributed to watercraft. (Boats that gas up at regular gas stations, instead of Marinas) About 1.5% of all fuel sold at AZ gas stations goes into boats.

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Did you not read any of my posts? :D BTW, were you at the 'Shoe for dinner on Monday night? Thought I saw someone that looked like you, or at least the picture I remember of you when you got the Rhino as we have never met.....
Yeah I did read your posts,always do ;) I didnt know a grant was involved as it was a donation by Mr Minor as I recall :confused: But I could be wrong, always that chance at my age:D
No sorry, but the good lookin guy you saw at the G.H. wasnt me :D :D But if you ever think its me please say "HI", met a lot of very cool people that way. NSF (Bobby)

HM
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
If you gave me a choice of where my tax money went:
Choice A: Welfare for Crack whores having babies for more money.
or
Choice B: Bad-Ass boats for LEO's to use enforcing the law on the waterways we all love.
I will take Choice B all day long and actually be happy about the taxes I pay!!! I would require mandatory ride alongs. :D

DMOORE
05-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Is there such a thing as a boat that doesn't have a high maintenance cost?
Darrell.

HM
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Is there such a thing as a boat that doesn't have a high maintenance cost?
Darrell.
A sold boat. :D

Bradman
05-30-2007, 04:24 PM
If you gave me a choice of where my tax money went:
Choice A: Welfare for Crack whores having babies for more money.
or
Choice B: Bad-Ass boats for LEO's to use enforcing the law on the waterways we all love.
I will take Choice B all day long and actually be happy about the taxes I pay!!! I would require mandatory ride alongs. :D
You took the words right out of my mouth. Choice B all the way.:D

Nord
05-30-2007, 04:30 PM
lol

Keith E. Sayre
06-01-2007, 12:15 AM
As usual, Bobby and Boat Cop seem to be right on top of the correct story.
As for the silver boat, that was the one at the LA boat show
and yes bobby, straightest piece of glass on the planet done by Scott Kornowski. Very talented guy.
Now just guessing here but in the photo, you'll note that it
was in the Nautical Inn cove right next to a certain Conquest owners yellow deck and I heard he was visiting.
He's the type that probably threw the keys to the sheriff
and said hey take it and try it out!
He probably did go try it out, I would have!
Keith Sayre

Rexone
06-01-2007, 01:02 AM
A sold boat. :D
I find it ironic that you use Phil in your screename, but spell his name wrong. :D

MayDaze
06-01-2007, 09:07 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Havasu_Cops.jpg