PDA

View Full Version : Party naked at Lake Mead!

H2O
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
It sound like if you want to "do what you do" without a large LE presence, Lake Mead is the place to go. Check out these stats from last weeks News Herald -
Mohave County Sheriff's Office, the agency with primary jurisdiction of the river's Arizona side, also will have the vast majority of its fleet on Lake Havasu. “We have 17 boats and 15 will be on Lake Havasu starting (today), with two on Lake Mead,” said MCSO spokeswoman Trish Carter. “Plus, we will have the Sheriff's Office Auxiliary out. These are volunteers who have specialized boat training to assist the deputies.”
the full article is here - http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2007/05/24/news/news03.txt
So if Lake Mead is roughly 25 times the size of Lake Havasu, and there are 7.5 times as many patrol boats (let me get my calculator)...that means there is 187 times more Po Po per square mile at Havasu than Mead.
I not saying that's a good or a bad thing, and I understand the reason why, but it kind of makes you wonder... Is this the beginning of the end of the Havasu we know and love?
When "everyone" (i.e the general public catches on) does that mean the party is almost over??? Endless examples of this....
* Flipping houses
* Hot stocks
* South Beach
* tramp stamps
Has Havasu finally jumped the shark???

HYPNAUTIC
05-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Mead was (what I thought) pretty dead on Sunday. Drive right up and launch. and maybe a 30 minute line to retrieve. Although the lake was pretty blown out with white caps and some large rollers. I even met a board member out there. 496Mag, we'll make it out to Sandy Beach next time, it was nice meeting you!

westair
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Stopped by the Channel Island Market on Friday and within a few
minutes seen four patrol boats just cruising channel and at least
six more on foot (just the island side) along with the fire dept.
This was just on Friday! Is anybody watching the rest of the city??

Rexone
05-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Lake Mead sux. Everyone go to Havasu. :)

GHT
05-30-2007, 06:02 PM
We'll be on Mead this weekend. We usually come back up here a couple times a year. It is a nice place to chill and relax and still run into a familiar face.:D

Racey
05-31-2007, 08:57 AM
What Rex said! :D

CRZYBTCH
05-31-2007, 09:10 AM
It sound like if you want to "do what you do" without a large LE presence, Lake Mead is the place to go. Check out these stats from last weeks News Herald -
Mohave County Sheriff's Office, the agency with primary jurisdiction of the river's Arizona side, also will have the vast majority of its fleet on Lake Havasu. “We have 17 boats and 15 will be on Lake Havasu starting (today), with two on Lake Mead,” said MCSO spokeswoman Trish Carter. “Plus, we will have the Sheriff's Office Auxiliary out. These are volunteers who have specialized boat training to assist the deputies.”
the full article is here - http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2007/05/24/news/news03.txt
So if Lake Mead is roughly 25 times the size of Lake Havasu, and there are 7.5 times as many patrol boats (let me get my calculator)...that means there is 187 times more Po Po per square mile at Havasu than Mead.
I not saying that's a good or a bad thing, and I understand the reason why, but it kind of makes you wonder... Is this the beginning of the end of the Havasu we know and love?
When "everyone" (i.e the general public catches on) does that mean the party is almost over??? Endless examples of this....
* Flipping houses
* Hot stocks
* South Beach
* tramp stamps
Has Havasu finally jumped the shark???
well i will be out @ mead on Friday and Sunday

Jbb
05-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Will you bring ....cheetos?....:D

CRZYBTCH
05-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Will you bring ....cheetos?....:D
whatever

WYRD
05-31-2007, 09:19 AM
in a yellow tige named "flounder pounder":idea: :D

CRZYBTCH
05-31-2007, 09:21 AM
actually no name yet.........we are still thinking

wsuwrhr
05-31-2007, 09:28 AM
yea what he said

BADAXE
05-31-2007, 09:33 AM
It sound like if you want to "do what you do" without a large LE presence, Lake Mead is the place to go.
Mohave County Sheriff's Office.......“We have 17 boats and 15 will be on Lake Havasu starting (today), with two on Lake Mead,”
Interesting Logic.:confused:
In an effort to steer you back to Havasu I should let you know that all but one of the marinas and all but two of the launch ramps on Lake Mead are in Neveda. This means the largest presence of LEO's is the Nevada Fish and Game Officers and they're all over the place and they don't take any crap.
And, as others have said LAKE MEAD SUCKS. Havasu is much better.

Holland
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
No SHiat... We HATE MEAD.... Yall say it out loud... WE HATE MEAD!!!!
Our big lake may change, huh...

Lavey5150
05-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Been charging Lake Mead and Havasu for 2o plus years....Each has their merits, Mead was awesome last weekend, zero wind zero po-po and no one there.Launched at Temple which now has the Caulville houseboat docks.......Crazy lake is down 30 feet from last July........Whole new lake......Both lakes suck when your not on them...............:confused:

H2O
05-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Did you know that he/she/it has their own Marine supply business?
http://www.fpmarine.com :jawdrop:

hottrodder
05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
2 weeks till the regatta. But again, you'll never find me :)