PDA

View Full Version : Not Global Warming Huh???????????

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Anybody pay attention to the weather pattern and forecasts, somethings up for sure!!! Denver recieved 4" of grape sized hail yesterday and the forecast for Havasu this weekend is a record breaking 116 degrees and the forecast is for a whole summer of record breaking temps. NSF

Warlockjer
05-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey Bobby, your starting to sound like Al Gore:) :)
PS Found your receipt.......

CARLSON-JET
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Record breaking? Mans records aren't even a grain of sand in the hourglass of time compared to the earths records. There was a time when Havasu was molten rock. The strange thing is.. millions of years later... it was not. Before that, there was no earth. The earth has cycles. Always has and always will. When man has been gone for millions of years these same cycles will repeat themselves. I'm glad the dinos didn't enjoy internal combustion engines.. we would have been DOOOOMED :eek:

Kachina26
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Global warming.......perhaps, man made........not likely. I know you're old enough to remember the global cooling of the 70's:idea:

Troy McClure
05-30-2007, 07:11 PM
The Earth has been warming for a while, no doubt. Global warming sounds ominous. However, the earth has also gone through a few "ice ages" and warming cycles.
From Wiki (I know, some dispute how reliable it may be, but it's convenient)
The present ice age began 40 million years ago with the growth of an ice sheet in Antarctica. It intensified during the late Pliocene, around 3 million years ago, with the spread of ice sheets in the Northern Hemisphere, and has continued in the Pleistocene. Since then, the world has seen cycles of glaciation with ice sheets advancing and retreating on 40,000- and 100,000-year time scales. The most recent glacial period ended about ten thousand years ago.
I added the bold. For anyone to suggest that us pesky humans have anything but a minuscule effect on the environment is pretty, umm, ridiculous.
Also, a nice, new nature inspired volcanic eruption would pretty much double any effect us humans have made on the atmosphere.

Havasu1986
05-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Weather.com says it will only be 110. :D

Boatcop
05-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Makes me want to go plant a tree. :rolleyes:
FOR ME TO POOP ON!
http://www.freewebs.com/danskviking/dog.gif

locogringo
05-30-2007, 07:42 PM
FOR ME TO POOP ON!
I'll help out with the "plant a tree" poopapaloosa. Let me know when you were planning on it and I'll get a whole crowd there! LOL:D :D

OSidePat
05-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey Al Gore Jr ...turn in your Charger tickets....global F***ing Warming my Ass

pw_Tony
05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
If we had some decent records over the last 10,000 years I might believe it's somewhat global warming... just look at the ice man! How far do those go back like 2000 years?

BrendellaJet
05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Record breaking? Mans records aren't even a grain of sand in the hourglass of time compared to the earths records. There was a time when Havasu was molten rock. The strange thing is.. millions of years later... it was not. Before that, there was no earth. The earth has cycles. Always has and always will. When man has been gone for millions of years these same cycles will repeat themselves. I'm glad the dinos didn't enjoy internal combustion engines.. we would have been DOOOOMED :eek:
Well said, There is nothing else to add. No reason to conitnue posting.:D

IMPATIENT 1
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
FOR ME TO POOP ON!
lmao:D
its done nothing but rain for the last 2 months here in okla.. lived here most of my life and i honestly can't remember when we've had so much rain so early in the yr..
but yeah, i think we're affecting the climate, but i think factories are more at fault than fossil fuels or cow farts:D

wolfie
05-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I think global warming has been going on since the "Ice Age"!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Anybody pay attention to the weather pattern and forecasts, somethings up for sure!!! Denver recieved 4" of grape sized hail yesterday and the forecast for Havasu this weekend is a record breaking 116 degrees and the forecast is for a whole summer of record breaking temps. NSF
Bobby,
You should have known better to bring up such a subject on HB. The peeps here are way to smart to ever believe such nonsense :D :rolleyes:
It's obvious that the climate is changing, hopefully the braintrust here will at least admit that. IMO, there is enough scientific evidence to support that man may be speeding up an already changing process, for me to give it consideration.
This morning I looked up the North Idaho extended, to try to get an idea of we might be expecting on our vacation. Immediate for cast, 90 hi and 62 lo. hottest equal days on record. The folks up there are getting concerned as they are starting to notice their water levels going down.
You and I have some years on most of the folks here, and I have no doubt that you, like I, have observed the climate changing. To me it's scary stuff for many reasons.
I guess that the consistent record high temps and other extremes, we have experienced this year, shouldn't be viewed as being related to the serious discussion of this issue by the rest of the world. Instead a coincidence or aberration.
John M

Racey
05-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Screw you guys and your kids, i'm burning all the gas i can before it runs out or i die!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :D :D :D
Boatcop, that was a damn funny post, Triumph is the best!

tntperformance
05-30-2007, 10:25 PM
No where near 1994 at 128.;) I was here!:D

havasu5150
05-31-2007, 05:15 AM
No where near 1994 at 128.;) I was here!:D
I remember that day as well. Rolled into town in an 85 Toyota 4X4 (no AC) at 0900 and it was 112 degrees. They closed the bridge for a while over concerns that it was soooo hot that it was melting the goo that holds the bricks together.

Cigalert
05-31-2007, 05:16 AM
Typical of us americans. Always looking for someone or something to blame. "If we didn't cause global warming then who or what did?"
Do you live to change your sins or sin to change your lives?
If there are no worries about the next life then why not have fun in this one. It could be over tomorrow....for all of us.
Sorry about being cynical, just lost a really good friend, 24, died from a seizure 6 months after brain surgery. Funny how 1 soul can balance out a "Global" discussion.
Oh yeah and Al Gore sucks...so does Kobe
go angels

Cigalert
05-31-2007, 05:33 AM
I was there June 94 also. Graduated high school, got home, left for havi, got to the nautical, got a room with a swamp cooler (no AC), got swamp ass and burned my eyes out cause it was 3 billion degress outside. If I wasn't so pickled it might have really sucked. God bless america and drinking at 18.

Not So Fast
05-31-2007, 06:08 AM
OK, so the paper lied, whats new :D
John, yeah I knew this would bring out all the scientist on here being that they seem to make up a majority of this crowd ;) Just thought it was interesting and thats what a open forum is for right??
To all of my "Haters" well, you can kiss my big white ass, I really dont give a crap!!! Have a great day :D NSF

CARLSON-JET
05-31-2007, 06:18 AM
[QUOTE=Boatcop;2591477]Makes me want to go plant a tree. :rolleyes:
FOR ME TO POOP ON!
Nice touch BC... :D
Don't forget to raze the forest before replanting.. Tiny details always mess up a good thing. :devil:
p.s. In 50 to a hundred years we need to somehow stop those trees from releasing the captured carbon and breaking down when they die. You're also going to have to replant a few more to make up for the released carbon.. vicious cycle I know but... Green is keen. ;)
p.s.s After the first dead crop is breaking down, the methane from all the decomposition proccess needs to be captured.. Good luck there. :D

CARLSON-JET
05-31-2007, 06:20 AM
John, yeah I knew this would bring out all the scientist on here being that they seem to make up a majority of this crowd ;) Just thought it was interesting and thats what a open forum is for right??
To all of my "Haters" well, you can kiss my big white ass, I really dont give a crap!!! Have a great day :D NSF
No hatn' here NSF. I was wondering to myself if you were just reading the paper. You have a nice day also. :)

SB
05-31-2007, 06:37 AM
I see belief in global warming as an I.Q. test.
Are we to blame for Mars heating up too? Ever think maybe it's the sun?
The one nice thing about global warming is that various hysterical liberals are giving nuclear power another look.

shippingguy
05-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Here is a little video on global warming:D
http://theguyfromboston.com/playvideo.asp?video=/videos/April2007/Global_Warming.wmv

Havasu1
05-31-2007, 07:08 AM
It's kinda funny, in the 1960's global cooling was the big scare Now in 2007, it's global warming???? Back during the time of the ice age, was man to blame for that:idea: weather patterms and temperature changes are going to happen year in and year out. They will change by the decades. As CARSON-JET said we are talking about a very very small time in the history of the world. Quit worring about it and go boating.

Not So Fast
05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
It's kinda funny, in the 1960's global cooling was the big scare Now in 2007, it's global warming???? Back during the time of the ice age, was man to blame for that:idea: weather patterms and temperature changes are going to happen year in and year out. They will change by the decades. As CARSON-JET said we are talking about a very very small time in the history of the world. Quit worring about it and go boating.
Mike, (ship guy) thats funny but he is no match for the "Big man from Brooklyn"
Havasu 1, leaving for the lake in 10 minutes, be on the water in 15 and not worrying about a thing, You have a nice day also. C-YA :D NSF PS oh yeah whats that saying about opinions, we still have freedom of speech last time I checked right???

Havasu1
05-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Havasu 1, leaving for the lake in 10 minutes, be on the water in 15 and not worrying about a thing, You have a nice day also. C-YA :D NSF PS oh yeah whats that saying about opinions, we still have freedom of speech last time I checked right???
Nice....I'll be heading out there tomorrow around noon. Should be good this weekend after the Memorial Day circus.:D

shippingguy
05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Yeah that guy is real good too.

Not So Fast
05-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah that guy is real good too.
Have you gone to his website lately?? He is now a PAY PER VIEW :D Never knew you could become a celebrity by saying "F--k" every other word but he is entertaining. When you coming out again?? Bobby

shippingguy
05-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Have you gone to his website lately?? He is now a PAY PER VIEW :D Never knew you could become a celebrity by saying "F--k" every other word but he is entertaining. When you coming out again?? Bobby
Yeah I noticed that. We are going to be on a houseboat this weekend on Mohave and then back out for Father's Day weekend (Ultra Regatta). We will be on the water Friday-Sunday that weekend.

Big Warlock
05-31-2007, 08:58 AM
So your boat will be up for sale soon? Or will you just destroy it and allow it to sink so no others can ruin the environment?
Honestly, stupidity is rampant around here. The FACTS are the sun is sending more energy. The earth has a history of heating and cooling periods. The "global warming" is actually less than a half a percent at this point over the course of a year. In addition, the carbon dioxide that has been emitted with the industrial age has assisted in the growth of trees and plants that require carbon dioxide to live.
When you get your GED give us a call. We'll help with the rest of your courses. Unitl then, back up your smack and get rid of your boat!
FYI
Al Gore started the internet.
The movie "Love Story" was about he and Tiper!
Etc. etc etc.
Focking liberals!!!! :mad:

Sleek-Jet
05-31-2007, 09:55 AM
A counter point to man's causing global warming...
Richard Lindzen, Alfred Sloane Professor of Atmospheric Science at the Massachussetts Institute of Technology and member of the National Academy of Sciences: "We are quite confident (1) that global mean temperature is about 0.5 °C higher than it was a century ago; (2) that atmospheric levels of CO2 have risen over the past two centuries; and (3) that CO2 is a greenhouse gas whose increase is likely to warm the earth (one of many, the most important being water vapor and clouds). But--and I cannot stress this enough--we are not in a position to confidently attribute past climate change to CO2 or to forecast what the climate will be in the future." [45] "[T]here has been no question whatsoever that CO2 is an infrared absorber (i.e., a greenhouse gas — albeit a minor one), and its increase should theoretically contribute to warming. Indeed, if all else were kept equal, the increase in CO2 should have led to somewhat more warming than has been observed." (San Francisco Examiner, July 12, 2006 [46] and in Wall Street Journal, June 26, 2006, Page A14)

lucky
05-31-2007, 09:59 AM
man with all this gloabal warming - glad i sport a boat :) I be fishin and Pirating beer from jet boat owners :D

WYRD
05-31-2007, 10:06 AM
I wonder how much methane gas was released into the atmosphere when a 8 ton 15 foot tall reptile lets loose:jawdrop: :D
Global warming.......................I wish it was true then we could boat year round:)

Holland
05-31-2007, 10:28 AM
like these words of wisdom from the smashing pumpkins...
"..... the water's getting warm so ya might as well swim..."

ULTRA26 # 1
05-31-2007, 10:34 AM
:D :D :D

Kachina26
05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
So those who question what the left is dishing out as truth are pseudo scientists and those who buy into it hook, line and sinker are well informed citizens. OK:rolleyes:

HM
05-31-2007, 10:08 PM
So those who question what the left is dishing out as truth are pseudo scientists and those who buy into it hook, line and sinker are well informed citizens. OK:rolleyes:
They made a movie about it...it has to be true. :D

Boozer
05-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Warmer weather means more days per year that women will be wearing bikini's. The bikinis seem to be getting more and more skimpier by the year so I say bring on the glabal warming!
This year was by far the coldest winter I can remember in the 9 years I have lived in Denver. Yesterday it did hail like crazy but this time of year that is normal. Every year about this time we EXPECT to see all the car dealerships advertising hail damage sales in the paper and we know that if we can't park our cars in the garage there is a good chance they will get messed up. This is NORMAL. The weather here is by far the wackiest weather you can ever eperience. There's a saying they've been saying here as long as I can remember if you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes and it can not be truer. Just today it was about 85, dropped into the 60's sprinkled, then warmed up into the high 70's and now it is like 60 degrees or so.
As to wether or not global warming is real.. I don't really know what to say. There are a lot of very smart people arguing on both sides of the argument. I'm going to continue to live my life the way I live it, pick up my trash, do as much as possible to limit the amount of waste I personally produce and if that isn't good enough then I hope that myself and our species can learn to evolve with the changing climate, if we can not then our time is done and a new species will be free to roam this earth or whatever is left of it.

Keith E. Sayre
05-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Frankly, I don't know if we've caused global warming or not
but the snow thing in Denver is not that unusual. Heck I
remember once in the 80's and once in the 90's it snowed
in Provo Utah on 4th of July during the parade.
I hope that this is just a trend that we're seeing though.
I like it just like it is here in Havasu. I spent this past week in Provo and it was a cool 78 to 80 during the days
and cold at night.
Keith Sayre
PS--hi bobby! let's go boating!

Not So Fast
06-01-2007, 06:50 AM
So your boat will be up for sale soon? Or will you just destroy it and allow it to sink so no others can ruin the environment?
Honestly, stupidity is rampant around here. The FACTS are the sun is sending more energy. The earth has a history of heating and cooling periods. The "global warming" is actually less than a half a percent at this point over the course of a year. In addition, the carbon dioxide that has been emitted with the industrial age has assisted in the growth of trees and plants that require carbon dioxide to live.
When you get your GED give us a call. We'll help with the rest of your courses. Unitl then, back up your smack and get rid of your boat!
FYI
Al Gore started the internet.
The movie "Love Story" was about he and Tiper!
Etc. etc etc.
Focking liberals!!!! :mad:
Apparently there is only room for "YOUR TRUTH" as always :( Please refer to reply # 20, Have a great day.. NSF

Dan Lorenze
06-01-2007, 07:09 AM
I don't believe the BS that's coming from the left side... They'll do whatever it takes to close down all of our land,lakes,rivers and OHV parks... Al Gore and all liberals suck. Talk about living in fear..... I don't buy it! :)

I'mTheBeaver
06-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Warmer weather means more days per year that women will be wearing bikini's. The bikinis seem to be getting more and more skimpier by the year so I say bring on the glabal warming! [...]
Hooray for global warming!! It's too dang hot to wear anything but floss. :D
http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000aabc67d/1/4/Ula1JdVA1T-FcM6nnQIy4pd9nQuV-7TT.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/_JYmKCio4D8yPNGHcSCglcTvbeHmzLVT?referrer=hlnk)