PDA

View Full Version : Directions from Vegas to Havasu

bear down
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Whats the quickest way to Havi from Vegas? Did a search and nothing came up. Thanks!

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Vegas to Henderson. Then take the 95 South to the 40 East outside of Needles.....should be self-evident after that.....:D

Boatcop
05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
By Plane.
Unless it's on a treadmill. :D

Quest4Fun
05-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Just came back from Vegas on Monday its not a bad drive.
Take 515 to 95 South (thru Searchlight) to Needles. Hop on 40 East to Hwy 95South to Lake Havasu City. There are lots of 95's but just watch the signs and you should find it o.k.

tntperformance
05-30-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking south,north would take you awhile!:D

OnlyMoney
05-31-2007, 04:04 AM
Take 515 to 95 South (thru Searchlight) to Needles. Hop on 40 East to Hwy 95South to Lake Havasu City. There are lots of 95's but just watch the signs and you should find it o.k.
Yep, this is the way. Just wait till you cross the river before you exit on a 95...otherwise you'll be way off track.

bear down
05-31-2007, 06:19 AM
Whats the time table to get from vegas to Havasu? Isn't there a speed trap somewhere in search light...can someone give me some signs to look for?

OutCole'd
05-31-2007, 06:23 AM
All of Searchlight is a speed trap. I see the mose LEO on the 95 between the turnoff from Vegas towards Searchlight. I take it easy there. Then the rest is usually clear sailing.
Depending where you are leaving from here in Vegas, it should take you 2-2.5 hours. Just take your time, a ticket or worse is not worth the extra 10 minutes you will save.
The good part is there is NO traffic!!

OnlyMoney
05-31-2007, 06:33 AM
160 miles in 2.5 hours every time....leaving in 3.5 hours and counting. :)

Jordy
05-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Isn't there a speed trap somewhere in search light...
All of Searchlight is a speed trap.
Bingo, ya beat me too it!!! This is definately a trip where a radar detector comes in handy as it's pretty much a long, straight, ugly drive. ;)
160 miles in 2.5 hours every time....leaving in 3.5 hours and counting. :)
Baller. :notam:

bear down
05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks guys....Will be going from Riverside to Vegas to Havasu next Wed...So if anyone needs any stuff brought back and forth between these places next week...just let me know.

Hardly Satisfied
05-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys....Will be going from Riverside to Vegas to Havasu next Wed...So if anyone needs any stuff brought back and forth between these places next week...just let me know.
Bears SUCK , Hi Neighbor , were about's in riverside are you

Quest4Fun
05-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Whats the time table to get from vegas to Havasu? Isn't there a speed trap somewhere in search light...can someone give me some signs to look for?
They are doing road work through Searchlight right now so you gotta slow down. The only speed trap we saw was a police cruiser with a dummy sitting in the driver seat with its head turned towards traffic heading from north to south. Fooled us for a second, but then looked pretty funny. :)

bear down
05-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Bears SUCK , Hi Neighbor , were about's in riverside are you
Blow me :D ...I am up in Victoria Grove by lake matthews...Off La Sierra!....Should meet up for a beer!

Hardly Satisfied
05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Blow me :D ...I am up in Victoria Grove by lake matthews...Off La Sierra!....Should meet up for a beer!
Sounds good I'm a 49ers fan, yes the bears kicked our ass last year :eek: :jawdrop: :(

Ziggy
05-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Don't forget to count the telephone poles. Look for the home with a airplane parked in its yard.
Drive sanely and with eyes wide open after Searchlight(turns into 2 lane highway mostly), seen some dumb moves by folks along that stretch.
An alternative to taking the 95 thru Searchlight(if time is not of essence) would be to continue along 515 and cross the Hoover Dam, take a tour or check it out if you've never done that. Continueing along this highway will take you to Kingman and the 40....at that point you take 40 west to the AZ 95 exit.
Slightly longer route, even less traffic.

bear down
05-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Sounds good I'm a 49ers fan, yes the bears kicked our ass last year :eek: :jawdrop: :(
And the year before...and the year before....and ooh yeah....before that to..Can't believe we've been matched up soo many times ...We'll hook for a beer for sure

bear down
05-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Don't forget to count the telephone poles. Look for the home with a airplane parked in its yard.
Drive sanely and with eyes wide open after Searchlight(turns into 2 lane highway mostly), seen some dumb moves by folks along that stretch.
An alternative to taking the 95 thru Searchlight(if time is not of essence) would be to continue along 515 and cross the Hoover Dam, take a tour or check it out if you've never done that. Continueing along this highway will take you to Kingman and the 40....at that point you take 40 west to the AZ 95 exit.
Slightly longer route, even less traffic.
How much time will this add to the drive.

beaverretriever
05-31-2007, 08:45 AM
I either drive really fast or we are just closer than many of you (we live in Henderson by Green Valley Ranch). We make it in about 1hr and 55 mins from our house to the city limits towing a boat and save another 10-20 not towing.
Have fun.

dunaholic
05-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Hey Memo, can you go to Pahrump and grab me some fireworks?

Ziggy
05-31-2007, 08:50 AM
How much time will this add to the drive.
Can't actually tell you cuz I've always done that route with leisure...but if I were to guess maybe ~30 minutes or so. Maybe about 10 miles of 2 lane road and the rest nice and wide seperated hiway
Hoover dam is fascinating, plus you can check out the progress of the bridge being built over the river there. Not long after crossing the dam the road to Willow Beach is there so I drove there to check it out too.

bear down
05-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey Memo, can you go to Pahrump and grab me some fireworks?
Is that close to Vegas?

dunaholic
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Is that close to Vegas?
Don't pretend that you don't know where Pahrump is....You know you have been to the Bunny Ranch before. Don't worry, I won't tell Monica....
By the way, I am meeting you in Steamboat on Saturday if you didn't know..

bear down
05-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Don't pretend that you don't know where Pahrump is....You know you have been to the Bunny Ranch before. Don't worry, I won't tell Monica....
By the way, I am meeting you in Steamboat on Saturday if you didn't know..
Aahhh...the bunny ranch....Howard Sterns favorite ***** house!! Maybe I will swing by.....Sweet...Steamboat on Saturday..we'll be out on the water early that morning I have some really good tunes for the float...get your liver ready!

MR HARLEY
05-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Aahhh...the bunny ranch....Howard Sterns favorite ***** house!! Maybe I will swing by.....Sweet...Steamboat on Saturday..we'll be out on the water early that morning I have some really good tunes for the float...get your liver ready!
See ya Saturday!

bear down
05-31-2007, 09:43 AM
See ya Saturday!
For sure!!