PDA

View Full Version : Stoker owners?

badluck
05-30-2007, 08:55 PM
What size are the bunks on a 20 sst Competitive trailer? 2x10 or 2x12? And how long? I need to replace them,but the boat is 150 miles away.So I need to bring the right stuff. Thanx peeps.Happy boating.

TBONE1904
05-30-2007, 09:03 PM
You can not buy buy both sizes, and return the unused size after you fix the problem?

Nord
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
You can not buy buy both sizes, and return the unused size after you fix the problem?
:confused:

whiteworks
05-30-2007, 10:54 PM
my guess is 2x10, but my boats at the river so I cant tell you for sure. Call Al

dc96819
05-31-2007, 05:28 AM
Its 2x10 by 13 feet exact if he trys to sell it to you first:D

RitcheyRch
05-31-2007, 05:37 AM
Mine are 2"X12".
Dont know the overall length. But would guess they are atleast 14' long.

badluck
06-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the help.How about stereo stuff, amps and speakers,where are you locating this stuff in the boat? I'm finally going to break down and cut the dash for a tuner. Any help for locations would be great. Thanks.

whiteworks
06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I run a ghetto blaster. I have thought about a stereo and have had friends that put them in the 20'1". If I were to put in a system I would glass the head unit in under the deck drivers side "you might burn through and get some blur going on the gel coat so be very careful" Pats fiberglass did one for a friend of mine and it worked out great. I would use the entire bow as a box for two 12" subs and stuff it full of insulation and seal it up tight as possible. On my particular interior you could put a 6x9 on each side in paneling behind front seats and one 6x9 under the bench seat across the back. I would place the amp in the hatch behind the rear seat and would want another battery back there as well. all in all its about 100#s of shit in the boat so for now I have opted for the ghetto blaster and mooching off community noise. I would not cut the dash but that's just me.

badluck
06-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't really want to cut the dash.But I need a really clean install.We do alot of boat in camping so storage is key.Thought of putting an amp under the bow behind the panel with 2 6x9 behind the back seats in the side panels.

ratso
06-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Last one we did was 2X12 but I don't remember the exact length

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
The guy I bought my Stoker from did that exact thing with glassing in a piece of wood under the bow on the right side of the boat. If you look close enough you can see where there is a spot higher on that side of the boat. It doesnt appear to have delaminated the deck at all. I still dont have a stereo in the boat. Figure not necessary since there always a wakeboard boat close by blasting their music for me. :D
I run a ghetto blaster. I have thought about a stereo and have had friends that put them in the 20'1". If I were to put in a system I would glass the head unit in under the deck drivers side "you might burn through and get some blur going on the gel coat so be very careful" Pats fiberglass did one for a friend of mine and it worked out great. I would use the entire bow as a box for two 12" subs and stuff it full of insulation and seal it up tight as possible. On my particular interior you could put a 6x9 on each side in paneling behind front seats and one 6x9 under the bench seat across the back. I would place the amp in the hatch behind the rear seat and would want another battery back there as well. all in all its about 100#s of shit in the boat so for now I have opted for the ghetto blaster and mooching off community noise. I would not cut the dash but that's just me.