02-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the tip Rich.

JetBoatRich
02-12-2006, 09:30 AM
The rider that went down in Ricky's first race looked bad :yuk:

JetBoatRich
02-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Found one article, not good.
Privateer James Marshall of Dickinson, Texas, was removed from the track on a cart after he slammed head-first into the front berm of a jump midway through the second lap of a heat in the featured class.

tcook33
02-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Latest news is he can't move from the neck down. Doctors aren't saying much beyond that.......

al cole'holic
02-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Latest news is he can't move from the neck down. Doctors aren't saying much beyond that.......
..wassup sunshine...was today the only event or yesterday too??

RiverRatMike
02-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Found one article, not good.
Privateer James Marshall of Dickinson, Texas, was removed from the track on a cart after he slammed head-first into the front berm of a jump midway through the second lap of a heat in the featured class.
I saw that crash. It was nasty and looked very bad! Bubba was on fire. He's so fast. Doesn't look like Chad has a chance this year.

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 02:18 PM
steward showed some mature riding.The announcers still suck!The paper said the ratings on TV are higher than college basketball and hockey,thats great for the sport,to bad that RALPH SHEMAN annoucer has no clue what his talking about.RC showed some class on the podium,he said he gave it 100% and got beat,and was happy to have 2nd.Also REED got 3nd and they didnt talk to his sniveling ass,GOOD!

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 02:23 PM
steward showed some mature riding.The announcers still suck!The paper said the ratings on TV are higher than college basketball and hockey,thats great for the sport,to bad that RALPH SHEMAN annoucer has no clue what his talking about.RC showed some class on the podium,he said he gave it 100% and got beat,and was happy to have 2nd.Also REED got 3nd and they didnt talk to his sniveling ass,GOOD!
I still think bubba needs to grow up. The coverage is OK but I would like to see more of the race. Not just the bubba and RC show.
And be nice to my sniveling ass. :p

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 02:29 PM
I still think bubba needs to grow up. The coverage is OK but I would like to see more of the race. Not just the bubba and RC show.
I know your a REED fan,he hauls ass.It is amazing how much faster RC and Bubba are than the rest of the guys,if one of them gets hurt the season will be boring.Reed was real fast in Daytona last year,thats in 2 weeks.They dont show any other racers because theres not much to watch.Bubba is growing up,not grown yet,but much better.Now RC has grown up,he really has a great attitude now

Boa1277
02-12-2006, 02:31 PM
LOL you diddnt like how he shoved it in Reeds face in the heat race did ya. LOL well at least you are staying loyal, Reed just does not have the speed those other two guys have, did you notice they had 10 seconds on him by lap 17 and then Stewart and RC stepped it up a notch and shaved another second off of their fastest lap, that had to hurt the Aussies confidence knowing these guys ran away from you and they werent even hanging it out.. I think it is going to come down to Vegas, just as long as Bubba can keep it on two wheels, lets give Showtime some credit he is still taking it to most of those guys out there, hopefully we will see him in 2007...

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 02:33 PM
I know your a REED fan,he hauls ass.It is amazing how much faster RC and Bubba are than the rest of the guys,if one of them gets hurt the season will be boring.Reed was real fast in Daytona last year,thats in 2 weeks.They dont show any other racers because theres not much to watch.Bubba is growing up,not grown yet,but much better.Now RC has grown up,he really has a great attitude now
They are fast as heck. Lapping Vilamen (sp) on what the 6th lap???
RC gives a great interview.
I still think they need to show the other racers they made it there just like the stars. Besides I need to see my Aussie and The Rock. :rolleyes: :p

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 02:33 PM
LOL you diddnt like how he shoved it in Reeds face in the heat race did ya. LOL well at least you are staying loyal, Reed just does not have the speed those other two guys have, did you notice they had 10 seconds on him by lap 17 and then Stewart and RC stepped it up a notch and shaved another second off of their fastest lap, that had to hurt the Aussies confidence knowing these guys ran away from you and they werent even hanging it out.. I think it is going to come down to Vegas, just as long as Bubba can keep it on two wheels, lets give Showtime some credit he is still taking it to most of those guys out there, hopefully we will see him in 2007...
got a 4th!!!Thats amazing,4th in a main.Plus he thanked his wife,he must need to get laid

Boa1277
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
got a 4th!!!Thats amazing,4th in a main.Plus he thanked his wife,he must need to get laid
Yeah its probably been awhile with the new Baby and all, he should have been on the thumper from the beginning just think if he would have trained and prepared maybe he would have had a podium, you never know. LOL

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
No I did not like that at all :yuk: then to admit he thought it was Mcgrath. Come on.
And I do not think his pass on RC was very clean at all kinda rude. RC had to park it or risk hitting the hay or Bubba. I know that is racing :rolleyes: But major risk on Bubba's part I thought.

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 02:41 PM
No I did not like that at all :yuk: then to admit he thought it was Mcgrath. Come on.
And I do not think his pass on RC was very clean at all kinda rude. RC had to park it or risk hitting the hay or Bubba. I know that is racing :rolleyes: But major risk on Bubba's part I thought.
to go,I thought the pass was perfect,he watched RC every lap,he knew that was the spot

Boa1277
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
They are fast as heck. Lapping Vilamen (sp) on what the 6th lap???
RC gives a great interview.
I still think they need to show the other racers they made it there just like the stars. Besides I need to see my Aussie and The Rock. :rolleyes: :p
You know what they lapped Vuillemin twice, I think his bike had problems that must suck to get lapped twice...RC has spent alot of money with image counselors to polish his podium act, and it is working, I think this is the most popular he has ever been. I diddnt realize he had the humble side to him, maybe the age helps. I do think that Bubba passed RC any way he could and that was alot cleaner than some of the passes I have seen, just think about the Lites class and alls I have to mention is Allessi, now that is dirty passing...LOL

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 02:47 PM
to go,I thought the pass was perfect,he watched RC every lap,he knew that was the spot
I still think RUDE. LOL Good thing I do not race, "Ummm excuse me, may I get by."

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
You know what they lapped Vuillemin twice, I think his bike had problems that must suck to get lapped twice...
Ouch. That sucks

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I still think RUDE. LOL Good thing I do not race, "Ummm excuse me, may I get by."
Ive ran over people to pass,its no biggie :rollside:

JetBoatRich
02-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I saw that crash. It was nasty and looked very bad! Bubba was on fire. He's so fast. Doesn't look like Chad has a chance this year.
The clip they showed on TV looked real bad and not moving after someone landed on him landing for a double :yuk:

Waldo
02-12-2006, 06:17 PM
The clip they showed on TV looked real bad and not moving after someone landed on him landing for a double :yuk:
If it was bad enough to red flag, and the docs are sayin' much...you know it's bad! Thoughts are prayers to the Marshall family.
Funny to see/hear about MC taking out Bubba in the heat and then Bubba coming back to win it. Retaliation for an aggressive block pass last week I guess.
Wish Bailey was still announcing...love that dude!

Woodster
02-12-2006, 06:38 PM
If it was bad enough to red flag, and the docs are sayin' much...you know it's bad! Thoughts are prayers to the Marshall family.
Funny to see/hear about MC taking out Bubba in the heat and then Bubba coming back to win it. Retaliation for an aggressive block pass last week I guess.
Wish Bailey was still announcing...love that dude!
I was at the race last night, and it was horrible.The guy lawndarted into the face of the table they were jumping on to and Fonseca ran him over. He didnt move at all.. Not even while be put on a stretcher. I thought for sure they were doing CPR on him on the track.They shouldnt be showing stuff like that on Tv. Theres no reason for it.I hope Marshall pulls through this because its not looking good for him at all.
The Stewart/Mc block was great last night! The crowd loved it. Last week Stewart tried a block pass on MC and cleaned his clock pretty good..So last night was a payback. Its too bad that MC is only doing 6 races because he's Honda's best rider right now! 4th place last night

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I was at the race last night, and it was horrible.The guy lawndarted into the face of the table they were jumping on to and Fonseca ran him over. He didnt move at all.. Not even while be put on a stretcher. I thought for sure they were doing CPR on him on the track.They shouldnt be showing stuff like that on Tv. Theres no reason for it.I hope Marshall pulls through this because its not looking good for him at all.
The Stewart/Mc block was great last night! The crowd loved it. Last week Stewart tried a block pass on MC and cleaned his clock pretty good..So last night was a payback. Its too bad that MC is only doing 6 races because he's Honda's best rider right now! 4th place last night
I didnt need to it.Nor did the family want me to see it im sure

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 08:05 PM
there was a supercross race last night ???? :cry: :rolleyes: - keyes
I have been waiting for your detailed report??? :)

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 08:06 PM
I have been waiting for your detailed report??? :)
What a great race!!! Saw it this morning on CBS!!! WOW!!!! :p

Racer277
02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
I really liked MC taking out Stewart. He did it with style and skill, kinda showing the boy this is how men race. :)
Then Bubba wined about it on the podium (after a botched retaliation...).
Bubba, STFU and just race, you got more skill than anyone out there...

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I really liked MC taking out Stewart. He did it with style and skill, kinda showing the boy this is how men race. :)
Then Bubba wined about it on the podium (after a botched retaliation...).
Bubba, STFU and just race, you got more skill than anyone out there...
LMAO!!! I agree! That man (MC) is DELICIOUS! :p

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 08:51 PM
to practice jetskis(racing) in arizona with his wife,Kim,she dated my friend.Shes a good catch :cool:

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
to practice jetskis(racing) in arizona with his wife,Kim,she dated my friend.Shes a good catch :cool:
yeah, she is a cutie! :p I was invited to her Holday boutique with Bellababe, but never made it to Encinitas. :220v: I should have gone!

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 08:54 PM
yeah, she is a cutie! :p I was invited to her Holday boutique with Bellababe, but never made it to Encinitas. :220v: I should have gone!
they live a mile from me,her mom,kims,live about 6 house away.Your hub could have hung out here ,drank beer.Her house is reason enough to go,its kinda nice :rolleyes:

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
they live a mile from me,her mom,kims,live about 6 house away.Your hub could have hung out here ,drank beer.Her house is reason enough to go,its kinda nice :rolleyes:
Well shiat! I will have to go this year! :p I heard its amazing at Christmas!

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Well shiat! I will have to go this year! :p I heard its amazing at Christmas!
they live in the NICER hood,I think they can afford it.bring that motorhome,hub and I can go jump it while you go to the party

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 08:58 PM
they live in the NICER hood,I think they can afford it.bring that motorhome,hub and I can go jump it while you go to the party
Its a deal! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 08:59 PM
kim's cool .... my wife and her bro went to high school w/ her, she was known as the "racer-chaser" - dating jacobs (jet-ski pro) and other mxer's, glad she landed mc, "he" really loves her :cool: keyes
Good to hear! :boxed:

riverroyal
02-12-2006, 08:59 PM
kim's cool .... my wife and her bro went to high school w/ her, she was known as the "racer-chaser" - dating jacobs (jet-ski pro) and other mxer's, glad she landed mc, "he" really loves her :cool: keyes
years,10 about,practicing with jacob and his family,Kim was the pace car on the practice track,she would go out 1st,then we would practice passing her,she hauled ass

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 09:02 PM
sorry dia, i didn't even know there was a race ??? :mad: :cool: keyes
What??? I find that very hard to believe

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
years,10 about,practicing with jacob and his family,Kim was the pace car on the practice track,she would go out 1st,then we would practice passing her,she hauled ass
No wonder he loves her so! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
sorry dia, i didn't even know there was a race ??? :mad: :cool: keyes
Are you kidding me?

IN2-IN2MX
02-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Are you kidding me?
Hee hee. He knows. Ohhh, he knows. He's just not happy with who won. I don't blame him. But damn, Bubba is super fast!!! I knew he was just chilling...waiting for the last few laps to pass up RC. Oh well, he's still 11 points back.
I got my mom to watch the race with me...she was asking me a 100 questions and she was real unhappy about the horrific crash they showed in Heat 2. That is so sad. I hope he pulls through ok...it didn't look good at all.
Poor Chad. He's just not gonna be as fast as RC or Bubba. Sorry Dia. He's Mike's favorite rider too and he's even growing on me now that he isn't as cocky anymore...but still, he's not at their level. No way. RC is so disciplined and Bubba is just super human fast (as long as he doesn't crash). They're awesome.
And yep, I was laughing when McGrath punked Bubba. That was awesome. I TIVO'd it so I rewound it a few times. Hee hee. Like Racer277 said, it was great watching Bubba wine about it on the podium. :p
GO MCGRATH! GO RC!

Redrider
02-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Yes, great racing last night, but really sad for James Marshall. Man, he is such a great kid too.
Here is the latest.
The family of James Marshall asked me to update everyone on his condition following his crash at the San Diego Supercross on Saturday night.
James suffered several fractures in his cervical spine which resulted in paralysis from the upper chest down to the legs. Fortunately, be has regained some movement in the left arm since arriving to the hospital. He is receiving medication to reduce the swelling in his spine, in an attempt to reduce the pressure on the spinal cord. James never lost consciousness and is fully awake and alert and shows no signs or symptoms of a head injury. His parents, Bill and Kim Marshall, are at his bedside along with several friends.
He will remain in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital, in San Diego, for the present time. Due to the restrictions of intensive care, visitors have to be kept to a minimum, but he can accept cards and letters via the hospital:
James Marshall
Sharp Memorial Hospital
7915 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123
858-541-3400
It was heartening to see James’ good spirits, despite his injury. He has shown that he is determined to get through this difficulty with the same hard work and will power that he has used throughout his racing career.
Dr. Bodnar

RiverRatMike
02-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Yes, great racing last night, but really sad for James Marshall. Man, he is such a great kid too.
Here is the latest.
The family of James Marshall asked me to update everyone on his condition following his crash at the San Diego Supercross on Saturday night.
James suffered several fractures in his cervical spine which resulted in paralysis from the upper chest down to the legs. Fortunately, be has regained some movement in the left arm since arriving to the hospital. He is receiving medication to reduce the swelling in his spine, in an attempt to reduce the pressure on the spinal cord. James never lost consciousness and is fully awake and alert and shows no signs or symptoms of a head injury. His parents, Bill and Kim Marshall, are at his bedside along with several friends.
He will remain in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital, in San Diego, for the present time. Due to the restrictions of intensive care, visitors have to be kept to a minimum, but he can accept cards and letters via the hospital:
James Marshall
Sharp Memorial Hospital
7915 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123
858-541-3400
It was heartening to see James’ good spirits, despite his injury. He has shown that he is determined to get through this difficulty with the same hard work and will power that he has used throughout his racing career.
Dr. Bodnar
Thanks for the info. Man I felt so bad for that guy. That was a terrible crash. Please keep us updated on his recovery.

Racer277
02-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the info.
Also thanks for what you do out there.
There are a few guardian angels out there like you (and Dr. Ting, Dr. Costa) that allow us to be more brave than we should.
Please keep us updated.
Here is the latest.
James Marshall
Sharp Memorial Hospital
7915 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123
858-541-3400
Dr. Bodnar

Redrider
02-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info. Man I felt so bad for that guy. That was a terrible crash. Please keep us updated on his recovery.
FOr those of you who wanted an update.
James went in to surgery at 3:30pm today, it will be an eight hour deal. We will know more about what he has to look forward to tomorrow and in the days ahead. If you are wanting to help, go to http://www.road2recovery.com/
Bill

Mrs.Racer277
02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Great Web site they set up. Prayers go out to him and his family.

JetBoatRich
02-13-2006, 10:05 PM
FOr those of you who wanted an update.
James went in to surgery at 3:30pm today, it will be an eight hour deal. We will know more about what he has to look forward to tomorrow and in the days ahead. If you are wanting to help, go to http://www.road2recovery.com/
Bill :cool:
Thanks for the link, bidding on a couple e-bay items and making a donation.
Thoughts and prayers out to James

Boa1277
02-13-2006, 10:22 PM
You know I am not very religous, I dont go to church on Sunday, but my kid goes to a Christian private school, when I read that they were having a conference call prayer session I picked up the phone and made the call, I even had my son add his prayer to theirs, it was cool, I dont know if I would have done that before my son started racing, now that he is out there every other weekend I can kinda empathized what his family and friends are feeling, I could not imagine this happening to my 9yr old, but we realize it is part of the game.....Everyone reading this say a little prayer for this kid hopefully he will make a full recovery...
Oh yeah Keyes I was wondering if you were going to chime in, I wouldnt blame you if you diddnt, lot of people like to bitch at you when you make a joke, I tried to help you out, dont know if it made much of a difference, I like your commentary you are truly one of the few people that has a clue!! Please no offense to anyone else....

Redrider
02-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the support. James Marshall rode for us (Honda) as an amateur rider and is a great kid. Even though he was now riding a Yamaha and on a differt team, I want to try and help anyway I can. I know one thing, every penny will help his family. Thanks for going to the auction site!!!
The famliy will appreciate anything anyone can help with. He has a long road in front of him, we can only smooth the ride...
If anyone is going to Havasu this weekend, stop by and see us and please say hello.
Bill and Karen

JetBoatRich
02-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Help James Site (http://www.helpjames.org/)
The auction continues for the items on E-bay :cool: I was lucky enough to win a couple items :cool: