PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: CHICAGO, best offer accepted

CARLSON-JET
05-31-2007, 06:48 AM
largest municipal marina system to the highest foreign bidder only please.
So I'm reading about ideas of why the Feds are so reluctant to protect our sovernty from foreign nationals. After following links about the "North America Union" plan, I came to the TTC in Texas and the "Monster Highway" project aka TTC-35 or the NAFTA Super highway leading to Kansas.
Getting way off track (?) I read a little more into the selling off of our national infrastructure to the highest bidder. It's not just American highways that are and have been slipping fast into foreign ownership; it's ports and Harbors, too. Getting into this part I remind myself Chicago is the Silicon Valley of infrastructure privatization.
Chicago has nine marinas and over 5,100 slips. We ended last season with 1,500 boaters waiting, some over 10 years, for a slot after a decade of harbor improvements.( at our expense) Leasing the harbors, as well as the running of the largest U.S. underground garage system, would extend our reputation as the capital of public asset sales.
Personally I feel this trend is not in our nations best interest. It seems almost ludacris how we can take risks with lives by going to war, but wont take financial risks with bonds for our infrastructure.
So I have to ask.. What boondoggles are planned/happening in your City or State?
R.B.

SB
05-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, George Will wrote a column on this. Maybe it makes sense because Chicago is so corrupt.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/07/AR2007020702134.html