PDA

View Full Version : Strange Sighting - Possible Alligator in Lake Mojave

MojaveDawg
05-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Have any of you heard or seen anything in Lake Mojave that could have been an alligator? This past weekend we were just north of Cactus Cove on the Arizona side trying to stay out of the winds and out of the corner of my eye I saw a couple of bumps that slowly moved. I was about 35 yards away and started the boat to get a little closer, but as soon as I did, it dropped below the water out of sight. It looked like a piece of driftwood with a couple knots on top.
Could this really have been an alligator?
:eek: :confused:

Jordy
05-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Could this really have been an alligator?
:eek: :confused:
Lake Pleasant has the giant freshwater squid, so I suppose that anything is possible. :D

Quest4Fun
05-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Haven't you heard that Nessy the Lock Ness Monster is vacationing in Arizona?? :D :D

racecar.hotshoe
05-31-2007, 03:14 PM
:D :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1917M_m2.JPG

Phat Daddy
05-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Could it have been a Baby Ruth???:eek: :eek: :D

Relaxalot
05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
eazykiller floating on her back????

Boatcop
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Probably a freshwater Caiman. They are a smaller relative of the Alligator, and have been seen in various parts of the Colorado River.
There's at least one that hangs out in the delta of the Bill Williams River, by Havasu Springs. I've seen it a few times while back there.
Now if it was spotted down river from Parker, I'd have to say it was an Alligator. There used to be an Alligator Farm on the Reservation, south of Parker. Sometime in the late '40s it was washed away by a flood, releasing the Gators into the River. What became of them is unknown, but none were recovered.

LaveyJet
05-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Could it have been a Baby Ruth???:eek: :eek: :D
Noonan!

Captain Dan
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
..........Now if it was spotted down river from Parker, I'd have to say it was an Alligator. There used to be an Alligator Farm on the Reservation, south of Parker. Sometime in the late '40s it was washed away by a flood, releasing the Gators into the River. What became of them is unknown, but none were recovered.
There's a story for the kids at the campfire.......:)

Pheelin Phroggy
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
that I saw a bear swimming by the back of the houseboat up by owls cove once... but everyone told me it was just a beaver... biggest beaver Ive ever seen! It was a defining moment in my life... switched from tequila to vodka that day...from then all most beavers seemed normal sized again!

Quest4Fun
05-31-2007, 04:25 PM
that I saw a bear swimming by the back of the houseboat up by owls cove once... but everyone told me it was just a beaver... biggest beaver Ive ever seen! It was a defining moment in my life... switched from tequila to vodka that day...from then all most beavers seemed normal sized again!
There are so many things I could say here...but being the lady that I am, I'll leave this to the true experts of beaver sightings.:D

HavaSkank
05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I have the heebie-jeebies now! There will be no more midnight floating near the Bill Williams!
And for the giant beaver doing the breast stroke....it's just too easy, so I'll pass

phebus
05-31-2007, 04:35 PM
If it was on Mohave, it was probably just a big water roach. :)

HM
05-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Probably a freshwater Caiman. They are a smaller relative of the Alligator, and have been seen in various parts of the Colorado River.
There's at least one that hangs out in the delta of the Bill Williams River, by Havasu Springs. I've seen it a few times while back there.
Now if it was spotted down river from Parker, I'd have to say it was an Alligator. There used to be an Alligator Farm on the Reservation, south of Parker. Sometime in the late '40s it was washed away by a flood, releasing the Gators into the River. What became of them is unknown, but none were recovered.
Caiman is actually a crocodile. No need to get people all riled up about an alligator!
They are just big lap dogs, really....
http://www.wildernessclassroom.com/www/schoolhouse/rainforest_library/animal_images/caiman4.jpg

Biglue
05-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Lake Pleasant has the giant freshwater squid, so I suppose that anything is possible. :D
It's true, he tried to take my boat down and he left these red marks all over my hull. Check it out. :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11276bow_shot.JPG

Biglue
05-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Is there any reported attacks on people with these things BC?
Kinda creepy to know they're out there, especially when my kids love being in the water so damn much.

Schiada76
05-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Is there any reported attacks on people with these things BC?
Kinda creepy to know they're out there, especially when my kids love being in the water so damn much.
You're safe Lue, gators and crocks only eat white meat!:D

Biglue
05-31-2007, 04:55 PM
You're safe Lue, gators and crocks only eat white meat!:D
LMFAO......well from my waist up and my knees down, I'm safe. It's my WHITE ASS ASS that I'm worried about. :D :D :D

Biglue
05-31-2007, 04:57 PM
You ever heard of anybody being attacked by a Caiman? I apply my shark bite theorem to just about everything in life. I don't know anybody that's been bitten by a shark, nor do I know anybody that knows anybody. Therefore, the probability of being bitten by a shark is relatively low, unless, of course, you happen to be a shark herder or shark repellent tester, which I'm not.
Good Point bro, but it's still a little nerve racking thinking about little ones in the water around those sumbitches.

Crossbow_CA
05-31-2007, 04:59 PM
It's true, he tried to take my boat down and he left these red marks all over my hull. Check it out. :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11276bow_shot.JPG
So thats why it looks like flames painted backwards:D

Schiada76
05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
LMFAO......well from my waist up and my knees down, I'm safe. It's my WHITE ASS ASS that I'm worried about. :D :D :D
Then keep your damn britches (pantalones) on!
We'll all feel safer.:D

Biglue
05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
So thats why it looks like flames painted backwards:D
You're catching on there grasshopper. :D

Biglue
05-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Then keep your damn britches (pantalones) on!
We'll all feel safer.:D
If you see a big Mex with what looks like a big transom light, watch your step walking in front of him. :D :D :D

Schiada76
05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
If you see a big Mex with what looks like a big transom light, watch your step walking in front of him. :D :D :D
Are you saying you need to equipped with a backup alarm?:idea: :sqeyes: :D

Biglue
05-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Are you saying you need to equipped with a backup alarm?:idea: :sqeyes: :D
Nice. BUt I dont think so Tim. That was meant to keep you from stepping on my Johnson. :sqeyes: :D

Froggystyle
05-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Good Point bro, but it's still a little nerve racking thinking about little ones in the water around those sumbitches.
I would be far more worried about rental pontoons or jet skis.. ;)

Biglue
05-31-2007, 05:27 PM
I would be far more worried about rental pontoons or jet skis.. ;)
Very true as well.