PDA

View Full Version : Great customer service from Howard Boats

Bite the Bullet
05-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I must report that Gene Willen looks after his customers AND their safety. The other day, I thought my 28' Bullet had developed a gas leak. After checking all of the usual places, I called Gene and asked him about the possibilty of a gas leak in the belly tank. Although he doubted the belly tank was leaking, he told me to follow these 4 steps:
1. Go get Keith Sayre.
2. Drive the boat to Windsor and put it in the water.
3. HAVE Keith start the boat!!!
4. If the boat blows up, call me and I will build you another. Oh, give my regards to Keith BEFORE he starts the boat.
Good ol' Gene, taking care of his customers!

NashvilleBound
05-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I knew you had to be joking...all I have ever heard is REALLY bad customer service stories.

Redrider
05-31-2007, 05:41 PM
I have never had an issue with Gene or Mike. Gene is not the most outgoing guy, but he/they stand behind there product!

Hardly Satisfied
05-31-2007, 06:13 PM
I would have had my wife start it. :D
I like your idea :D

plaster dave
05-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Why does everyone give Gene a hard time? I bought my boat used from Howard and he has always been there to help me with what ever I have needed. For example I lost an axle on my trailer a few month ago and needed help getting the boat off the trailer and he was right on it to help me out. Thanks Gene.

BLOWN HOWARD
05-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Shoot i bought a 1992 4yrs ago and got the most help from the guys over at HOWARD. Talk to KILRTOY he knows all about the HOWARDS!!!!!

Bite the Bullet
05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
I would have had my wife start it. :D
Actually, Gene's first suggestion was my wife! After I reminded him that she was now an ex-wife, it was on to the back up plan. Keith was the obvious 2nd choice because he's such a good sport. Besides, all he asked for was earplugs and a Big Gulp Pepsi from 7-11. I took off on a dead run before he turned the key!:)

Havasu_Dreamin
05-31-2007, 06:51 PM
I have never had an issue with Gene or Mike. Gene is not the most outgoing guy, but he/they stand behind there product!
Why does everyone give Gene a hard time? I bought my boat used from Howard and he has always been there to help me with what ever I have needed.Thanks Gene.
Nothing but EXCELLENT service and help here from Gene and Mike!

Bite the Bullet
05-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Nothing but EXCELLENT service and help here from Gene and Mike!
Gene gets my vote for "man of the year". I was actually going to start the boat MYSELF! Silly me!:)

dicudmore
05-31-2007, 07:09 PM
so, I take it the bullet did not blow-up on start-up? :D

Bite the Bullet
05-31-2007, 08:23 PM
so, I take it the bullet did not blow-up on start-up? :D
No "Bullets" were harmed and no gas leak either! I do have "gas leak detection 101" down pat should it ever occur again!;)

dicudmore
05-31-2007, 10:38 PM
No "Bullets" were harmed and no gas leak either! I do have "gas leak detection 101" down pat should it ever occur again!;)
lol glad to hear that the Bullet, and Keith are still with us :D

topless
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I would have had my wife start it. :DLiar, you would have had your kids start it. LOL............................................... .................................................. ............................you know I'm just giving you a hard time.:D

Keith E. Sayre
05-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Great boats and Gene's a great guy and I wasn't going to
start it, I was waiting for the plaintiff to get here from Idaho and let her do it! But thanks for playing!
Keith Sayre