PDA

View Full Version : What was the best boating "tip" you ever got?

clownpuncher
06-01-2007, 01:43 AM
For instance, mine was fom Froggystyle when I bought his old boat.
He showed me a great way to fold my boat cover to keep the clean side from getting dirty when taking the cover off. I smile every time I take that sucker off:D Who'd a thunk it?
Got any good ones?

Cheyenne372
06-01-2007, 03:05 AM
DON'T BUY IT....!!!!!
:idea:

Cigalert
06-01-2007, 04:40 AM
"get your head out of your ass!"
If I didn't pull it out I would have for sure slammed into some rocks. Thanks Mr. Anonymous Insulter. You are a true american genius.

Jbb
06-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Pray for the best......and insure everything.....:)

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 05:00 AM
Trim UP and hit it. :D

lucky
06-01-2007, 05:55 AM
:D hit the big waves when you have a boat load of chicks in bikini's

rvr_d8
06-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Don't go in on another one with a boyfriend!!:rolleyes:

rvr_d8
06-01-2007, 06:40 AM
"get your head out of your ass!"
If I didn't pull it out I would have for sure slammed into some rocks. Thanks Mr. Anonymous Insulter. You are a true american genius.
I still want a custom bowtie when your friend is ready!!:D

HM
06-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Make sure your boat biatch likes to have her spokes broke.

Dan Lorenze
06-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Back the boat down the lauch ramp with the truck in neutral...

Water Romper
06-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Buy a boat that YOU like, not what other people think you would like.
Also....over in the tech section...I learned how to replace my own impeller etc..great advice and saves me bucks every year.:D

BDMar
06-01-2007, 07:06 AM
"Pay attention to EVERYTHING going on around you"

Trailer Park Casanova
06-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Sell the damn thing before it consumes you.
Rio
I just did exactly that.

Jordy
06-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Lord loves a workin' man. Don't trust Whitey. See a doctor and get it cleared up. :D :D :D
Wait, wrong advice. :jawdrop:

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Never heard that one before.
Back the boat down the lauch ramp with the truck in neutral...

BADBLOWN572
06-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Sounds like common sense, but unfortunately A LOT of people don't do it.
LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER BEFORE TURNING!!!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
If your rear tires are slipping leaving the launchramp, push the 4WD button, that's whats it there for.

Dons_donzi
put your thumb over the opening of your beer when your about to hit a big wave....
and make sure the guy that never pays for $h!t is behind you when your drinking at high speed... (so he gets the spray....)
:D

Steamin' Rice
06-01-2007, 07:27 AM
When docking the boat, don't approach the dock any faster than you'd like to hit the dock.

Trailer Park Casanova
06-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Always take a non-refundable deposit, then a verified cashiers check when ya sell it.
That's verified with the bank before ya hand over the keys.

40FlatDeck
06-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Lord loves a workin' man. Don't trust Whitey. See a doctor and get it cleared up. :D :D :D
Wait, wrong advice. :jawdrop:
:D :D lmoa! Froggy taught me how to tie some good knots at Desert Storm.

yopengo
06-01-2007, 07:35 AM
With our jet boats it’s always look… then gas it to turn. :) :) :)

centerhill condor
06-01-2007, 07:37 AM
there's more than one.
1. keep the boat on a hoist at the lake. that way you skip all that ramp and trailer drama.
2. don't run a jet boat out of the water
4. when parked have a throwable tied to the boat. just handy that's all.

Ziggy
06-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Don't forget the transom plug! :rolleyes:

spectras only
06-01-2007, 07:53 AM
My advise ; take the Port-o-potty out of your new boat ! Someone some day may want to use it ;) :D

Powerquestboy
06-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Sounds like common sense, but unfortunately A LOT of people don't do it.
LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER BEFORE TURNING!!!!!
DITTO! Saw some videos at a boating safety class when I was young of guys on jet skis getting mowed down because they didnt look over their shoulder before turning. Especially good advise in Havasu since there are soo many boats faster and trying to pass.

mondorally
06-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Never heard that one before.
Me neither. Now I'm curious - why neutral?
-Justin

Dave C
06-01-2007, 08:05 AM
buy the buoys with the hole down the center. buy a long rope for each and tie the knot so it simultaneoulsy holds the buoy, attachs to the boat and gives you a line to tie the boat to the dock ...... friggen priceless.
With two of these suckers (one each front & back) you can move the biggest barge around with ease.
thanks Sporting Edge.
OH also ... beware of brown trout!!!!!

kap
06-01-2007, 08:08 AM
When pulling the boat (V-Hull) out--- soak the trailer bunks first--- the boat will slide better--- and expose the front bunks about 4-12 inches---trim up.
Makes for perfect removal with minimal time :) :) .
KAP
P.S. Badblown wrote: LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER BEFORE TURNING!!!!! This is the most important tip.
AND
P.P.S. Expect the unexpected!!!!!!!!!

OGShocker
06-01-2007, 08:12 AM
"You can Drink, but only when you're off the water and safely at the house".

moneypit
06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
ALWAYS keep a roll of Shit tickets on board.:o

dumbandyoung
06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Always have hot chicks to ride in it.

CARLSON-JET
06-01-2007, 08:35 AM
A very wise man was noted as saying "stay off the ***boat boards".

Dan Lorenze
06-01-2007, 08:40 AM
-Justin
Why reverse?
You have thousands of pounds being pulled downhill by gravity, then to top it off you throw it into reverse. Why? Give it a try, it's easier backing the boat in the water when you don't have to fight the engine that's pushing your truck and boat down hill. Braking is easier too,less load on the brakes.. I've been doing it for years... Now it's a habit..
Dan

91nordic29
06-01-2007, 08:50 AM
:
and put some windex on it:)

spectras only
06-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Why reverse?
Dan
On a steep slimy ramp , best to put in low gear and reverse driving down the ramp ,avoiding slipping the entire rig into the drink . Once the boat/trailer hits the water , the load is off no problem stopping . Otherwise neutral is fine on shallower ramps with no slime . I boat in the ocean and most of the ramps are pretty slippery here .

wsuwrhr
06-01-2007, 09:00 AM
:D :D lmoa! Froggy taught me how to tie some good knots at Desert Storm.
I will ask these questions the next time I see him.
I can't tie a knot for shit.
About all I can pull off is a square knot, very sad.
Brian

lewiville
06-01-2007, 09:04 AM
For instance, mine was fom Froggystyle when I bought his old boat.
He showed me a great way to fold my boat cover to keep the clean side from getting dirty when taking the cover off. I smile every time I take that sucker off:D Who'd a thunk it?
Got any good ones?
you need to shair

4day!!
put your thumb over the opening of your beer when your about to hit a big wave....
and make sure the guy that never pays for $h!t is behind you when your drinking at high speed... (so he gets the spray....)
That's probably what he wants, free beer. Damn, cheap bastards:D

wsuwrhr
you need to shair
Share?

lewiville
06-01-2007, 09:07 AM
ahhhh crap, where do I start,
first "hand wave" let people know you see them
second, turn your blower on no matter what reguardless of setting for a short time or not
third, make sure your guest "know the rules on your vessle"
I could go on and on
GREAT THREAD BTW

Debbolas
06-01-2007, 09:11 AM
The ditch bag - courtesy of Titties & Beer. All our valuables go into the ditch bag, so if we have to ditch the boat, we grab the bag :D

wsuwrhr
06-01-2007, 09:12 AM
The ditch bag - courtesy of Titties & Beer. All our valuables go into the ditch bag, so if we have to ditch the boat, we grab the bag :D
Sweet.

Hotcobra270
06-01-2007, 09:13 AM
best tip was back up the trailer with the boat.
Unstrap it and have the driver "dunk" you and you'll foat off to a perfect launching

whiteworks
06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Red Right Return, it'll keep you off the rocks
be aware of everything around you all the time
when you see another boat and the profile/shape does not change you are on a collision coarse

Water Romper
06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Why reverse?
You have thousands of pounds being pulled downhill by gravity, then to top it off you throw it into reverse. Why? Give it a try, it's easier backing the boat in the water when you don't have to fight the engine that's pushing your truck and boat down hill. Braking is easier too,less load on the brakes.. I've been doing it for years... Now it's a habit..
Dan
I actually never thought of this…even after 20+ years of boating. Makes sense.
Wow…another “tip” !:D

lewiville
06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Share?
the technique

bunny 166
06-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Ditto this....we have a ditch bag with our wallets and keys and other important things--it floats and it's what we'll grab in an emergency if we have to bail out....:(

SB
06-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Not bad. Think about what is in your glove compartment if the boat sinks. Although, really, who sinks these days? :D
At the ramp, put the trailer in til only the top of the fender is showing.
Keep your foot out of the propeller.
Don't run over your tow rope.
Have everybody wear life jackets, all the time.

JB in so cal
06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Find out where OutColed's gonna be and avoid that area:)
Hi Bunny!

Jyruiz
"You can Drink, but only when you're off the water and safely at the house".
Words I have lived by for a long time.

bunny 166
Hi Bunny!
LOL....Hi JB:D

lewiville
06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Ditto this....we have a ditch bag with our wallets and keys and other important things--it floats and it's what we'll grab in an emergency if we have to bail out....:(
I thought you were trying to say "duche bag" LOL. Its the person you need to throw overboard

bunny 166
06-01-2007, 09:27 AM
I thought you were trying to say "duche bag" LOL. Its the person you need to throw overboard
LOL!! No douche bags allowed on our boat....:D

Froggystyle
06-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Whenever I take people for test rides, I always sit them down before turning over the wheel and give them the following three rules. They apply to any kind of vehicle driving if you think about it, but particularly to boating...
The first is that you never put yourself in a position where someone else has to keep you from getting into an accident. If people are wrong, and driving down the wrong side of the river in a head-on situation... stop the boat. Don't turn, don't expect people to do something to keep you out of trouble. The only thing you can count on is unpredictability in others. Never put your safety in someone elses hands...
Second is to never point the boat at anything that you could hit if you lost power and steering at the same time. Piers, boats, docks, shoreline etc... While rare, there are instances in outdrives where you could rip your lower unit off, thus negating steering and power in the same move. If you are always calculating your speed, and know that if everything went wrong right now you would coast to a stop before hitting anything... it is amazing how much safer everyone in the boat will feel. In jets it is twice as important to remember this rule... as losing power at all means losing steering as well.
The third is to never take the right of way... only give it. Nobody wants to be "dead right".
Back when we started OP6C, it was because we were all legitimately trying to make the river a better place, and doing it in numbers. Take the time to show people what they are doing wrong... and odds are really good that they will remember it forever. Odds are huge that nobody ever took the time before, and they didn't know it was wrong. I have corrected many folks about driving the wrong way on the river, all have thanked me... trying to figure out why it was always so hectic I guess. Throwing bottles and cans in the river, cigarrette butts, poorly tying off boats, even bad nautical terminology... if you take the opportunity to teach, people will usually listen. Nobody really wants to be a kook that doesn't know what they are doing.

wsuwrhr
06-01-2007, 09:31 AM
the technique
no...the correct spelling sir.

OutCole'd
06-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Bunny!
WTF Stalker....:D

lewiville
06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Whenever I take people for test rides, I always sit them down before turning over the wheel and give them the following three rules. They apply to any kind of vehicle driving if you think about it, but particularly to boating...
The first is that you never put yourself in a position where someone else has to keep you from getting into an accident. If people are wrong, and driving down the wrong side of the river in a head-on situation... stop the boat. Don't turn, don't expect people to do something to keep you out of trouble. The only thing you can count on is unpredictability in others. Never put your safety in someone elses hands...
Second is to never point the boat at anything that you could hit if you lost power and steering at the same time. Piers, boats, docks, shoreline etc... While rare, there are instances in outdrives where you could rip your lower unit off, thus negating steering and power in the same move. If you are always calculating your speed, and know that if everything went wrong right now you would coast to a stop before hitting anything... it is amazing how much safer everyone in the boat will feel. In jets it is twice as important to remember this rule... as losing power at all means losing steering as well.
The third is to never take the right of way... only give it. Nobody wants to be "dead right".
Back when we started OP6C, it was because we were all legitimately trying to make the river a better place, and doing it in numbers. Take the time to show people what they are doing wrong... and odds are really good that they will remember it forever. Odds are huge that nobody ever took the time before, and they didn't know it was wrong. I have corrected many folks about driving the wrong way on the river, all have thanked me... trying to figure out why it was always so hectic I guess. Throwing bottles and cans in the river, cigarrette butts, poorly tying off boats, even bad nautical terminology... if you take the opportunity to teach, people will usually listen. Nobody really wants to be a kook that doesn't know what they are doing.
"Harumfff"......................I didnt get a "Harumff" from that guy!

driverno8
06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
He showed me a great way to fold my boat cover to keep the clean side from getting dirty when taking the cover off.
Super easy. And smart.
Fold the cover in half length wise. Then back to front in half again. From there roll it up. Do it all the time. Ends up dirty side to dirty side. Clean side to clean side. Un roll it the same. Don't open up the cover and through it on the boat all wadded up and start pullling edges. (we've all done it :D)
One it's off the boat and rolled/folded up nicely we put our cover in a big Rubbermaid storage container. Never touches the ground and easier to move a round.

driverno8
06-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Trim UP and hit it. :D
Yep. Probably not the best advice, but one I remember. Even after hitting the ground at 50mph+:(

lewiville
06-01-2007, 09:36 AM
LOL!! No douche bags allowed on our boat....:D
whooo, that was a close one. god only knows how many of those are polluting our waters...LOL

Dan Lorenze
06-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Super easy. And smart.
Fold the cover in half length wise. Then back to front in half again. From there roll it up. Do it all the time. Ends up dirty side to dirty side. Clean side to clean side. Un roll it the same. Don't open up the cover and through it on the boat all wadded up and start pullling edges. (we've all done it :D)
One it's off the boat and rolled/folded up nicely we put our cover in a big Rubbermaid storage container. Never touches the ground and easier to move a round.
Thanks for the tip....

MKEELINE
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
"Never put your safety in someone elses hands"
This is probably the best boating tip there is. Always assume "the other guy" has no common sense, no boating knowledge and no brain. Most of the time your assumption is right.

JET-O-VATOR
06-01-2007, 09:42 AM
"Tie down that transom as you don't want to blow out the bottom of that jet boat now do ya?" tie your shore line to your bouy that way when you come back to the beach you only have to grab the bouy and can easily (sp) tie the rest of the boat to the shore... thats been a life saver right there... Watch out for the bassett tattoo the sum bitch hurts.. lol i acttually got the bassett tattoo on my thigh last summer.. i could go on for days but ill stop right there

bunny 166
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Super easy. And smart.
Hey, cool....I'm gonna try that this weekend...Thanks!;)

mondorally
06-01-2007, 09:46 AM
.....One it's off the boat and rolled/folded up nicely we put our cover in a big Rubbermaid storage container. Never touches the ground and easier to move a round.
After finding a scorpion had hitched a ride in my boat cover on a recent trip.... I think a Rubbermaid storage container is in order. Thanks!
-Justin

SB
06-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Second is to never point the boat at anything that you could hit if you lost power and steering at the same time. even bad nautical terminology... if you take the opportunity to teach, people will usually listen. Nobody really wants to be a kook that doesn't know what they are doing.
Good stuff Froggy.
If you are going to address another boater, to rebuke him or direct him out of your way, call him "Captain." People love to be called "Captain."
Keep a cell phone handy, so if you run out of ice, you can call the Coast Guard for more ice. :D

lucky
06-01-2007, 10:31 AM
When pulling the boat (V-Hull) out--- soak the trailer bunks first--- the boat will slide better--- and expose the front bunks about 4-12 inches---trim up.
Makes for perfect removal with minimal time :) :) .
KAP
P.S. Badblown wrote: This is the most important tip.
AND
P.P.S. Expect the unexpected!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean soak ?? in what - cause i thought i soaked my whole dam trailer with i submerged it ???

RiverDave
06-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Don't pull the drain plug out.. LOL :D
RD

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Will try that this weekend. Thanks. It does sound logical.
Why reverse?
Dan
Agree isnt the best advise but one have heard over and over.
Yep. Probably not the best advice, but one I remember. Even after hitting the ground at 50mph+:(

Froggystyle
06-01-2007, 10:45 AM
What do you mean soak ?? in what - cause i thought i soaked my whole dam trailer with i submerged it ???
I think what he means is, back it in too far, get the bunks all the way wet, or even dump water on them if you can, and then the Cats will slide up the carpet much easier.
I am trying to figure out a way to direct water up onto the bunks automatically on ours. Haven't done it yet though...

YeLLowBoaT
06-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Check the plug atleat 3x before you back down the ramp... I've never not put the plug in... had one come out....( friend stick it in up side down... so when we got on the gas it fliped open...)

J540
06-01-2007, 10:58 AM
When docking the boat, don't approach the dock any faster than you'd like to hit the dock.
:D DING DING DING DING We have a winner
ROTF.

Jbb
06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
More boost...more timing...better fuel.......and never....ever ..lift!....:D

J540
06-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Good stuff Froggy.
If you are going to address another boater, to rebuke him or direct him out of your way, call him "Captain." People love to be called "Captain."
Note to self: Its Captain not F***Tard:idea: :idea: :)

clownpuncher
06-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll explain the cover folding deal.
Pretty simple actually, I just never thought to do this.
Much easier and neater with two people, but, I do it alone all the time :D ;)
Cover on the boat -
I take the cover and fold it from transom to bow, all the while keeping tension on the bow side of the cover. Fold the cover all the way to the front. You have dirty on dirty. Clean side will be exposed. Fold again in half. Now you have clean on clean. Roll up tightly and put it in a bag.
Cover OFF the boat
Lay the rolled cover on the bow. Unroll and unfold in the reverse manner in which you folded. Love it every time.

x7734x
06-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Not to get off subject but where, and with what type of cleaner does one wash a cover with? I want to take mine to a laundry mat and use a bit industrial washer. What to use on it and can I dry it there?

HM
06-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Not to get off subject but...
We are on page 4. It is actually considered rude to stay on subject after page 2. I tried to steer this thread into a brown box boogie on page 2 and no one bit.:( :D

Froggystyle
06-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Not to get off subject but where, and with what type of cleaner does one wash a cover with? I want to take mine to a laundry mat and use a bit industrial washer. What to use on it and can I dry it there?
I never really put any of mine in a laundromat. Too big. What I do is lay them out on visquein and scrub them with a nice auto exterior brush and some laundry soap like liquid Tide. Hose them off cleanly, even soak them in fresh water if you have a tub big enough and then hang them to dry from the second story balcony. Takes very little time to dry. Depending on if you have cleaned the boat yet, you can actually just put the wet cover on the boat and it will dry right out... then clean the boat! :D

zudnic
06-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I'll pass on a tip...Fiberglass deck and marine carpet is not a good sleeping surfice, even worse if the boat is in motion and 3 to 4 footers. The bruising is almost as bad as the hangover, you'll never be able to drink that bev again. For me its peach schnapps!!!!

driverno8
06-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I'll explain the cover folding deal.
Pretty simple actually, I just never thought to do this.
Much easier and neater with two people, but, I do it alone all the time :D ;)
Cover on the boat -
I take the cover and fold it from transom to bow, all the while keeping tension on the bow side of the cover. Fold the cover all the way to the front. You have dirty on dirty. Clean side will be exposed. Fold again in half. Now you have clean on clean. Roll up tightly and put it in a bag.
Cover OFF the boat
Lay the rolled cover on the bow. Unroll and unfold in the reverse manner in which you folded. Love it every time.
Exactly. I can do it one person because of the deck and the walking surface. I know when taking it off I end at the front right (looking at the boat). When putting it back on I start in the same place. Works perfect every time. And you never have to guess where the front or back of the cover is.

AirtimeLavey
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
1. In big water, don't let the bow drop....:eek:
2. When in doubt, wait it out...
3. When someone's in the water nearby, boat's eng. is off.
4. turn steering away from swim ladder, when parked...
5. Wipe it down everytime it comes out of the water...
6. Assume the other guy doesn't see you...

Hallett19
06-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Why reverse?
Dan
I've done this since the day I bought mine.
Another good tip is, "dont get a boat, get a friend that has a boat"

zudnic
06-01-2007, 12:44 PM
1. In big water, don't let the bow drop....:eek:
2. When in doubt, wait it out...
3. When someone's in the water nearby, boat's eng. is off.
5. Wipe it down everytime it comes out of the water...
6. Assume the other guy doesn't see you...
Those are good tips. Seen what happens when 3 and 4 are not followed. Guy's wife was on swim ladder when he fired up, got into gear and you can figure out the rest.....................

lucky
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
We are on page 4. It is actually considered rude to stay on subject after page 2. I tried to steer this thread into a brown box boogie on page 2 and no one bit.:( :D
Frank are you feeling like some ass ??? some one wants to bang the toooke tooooke - You chocolate salami conosoure':D

HM
06-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Frank are you feeling like some ass ??? some one wants to bang the toooke tooooke - You chocolate salami conosoure':D
:D I just crack up at all the expressions for "That'd be the butt, Bob"
My favorite is "breaking spokes" as I didn't understand the first time I heard it. Until it was explained that the corn hole looks like it has spokes.

Dave C
06-01-2007, 01:08 PM
thats a new one...I thought it was the brown starfish.....
My favorite is "breaking spokes" as I didn't understand the first time I heard it. Until it was explained that the corn hole looks like it has spokes.

Dave C
06-01-2007, 01:14 PM
never drink more than you body weight in alcohol.... at least not in the same day.....

driverno8
06-01-2007, 01:22 PM
thats a new one...I thought it was the brown starfish.....
Hum...I thought it was referred to as a balloon knot.

AirtimeLavey
06-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for volunteering the explanation.....I was afraid to ask. :eek:

IMPATIENT 1
06-01-2007, 01:34 PM
always take an extra transom plug to the lake, oh and always remember to put it in:D :D

squirt'nmyload
06-01-2007, 02:03 PM
i have one of those too but it's my soft sided cooler with pockets. if my boat is sinking, you better believe it isn't goin down with the cooler
:D :D :D

Schiada76
06-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Note to self: Its Captain not F***Tard:idea: :idea: :)
That would be Captain Fcktard to you there.:D :D
Biotch!:eek:

pw_Tony
06-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Grew up with Jet Boats so I remembered the best tip
"When In Doubt Throttle Out!!!

Bahner tunnel
06-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Don't drive anything that you cannot replace if broken $$$$$$$$$$$$.:D

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I always carry a few spares.
always take an extra transom plug to the lake, oh and always remember to put it in:D :D

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
If it fly's, floats, or focks...... RENT IT
Trim it high and let her fly!

Tom Brown
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
"To the floor and let her buck" - Kim Hanson

AirtimeLavey
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I always carry a few spares.
Yep, spare tire on the trailer, and on the boat, tool kit, jump starter, impeller, fluids....:D

Liberator TJ1984
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
make sure the plugs are in , nothing like that sinking feeling :D

kap
06-01-2007, 03:53 PM
If your Offshore:
1. Carry at least two gallons of fresh water.
2. VHF radio
3. Compass/lexan type [handheld] and GPS.
Note: These are bare minimums if your going to Catalina or Coronado Islands.

Big Kahunaa
06-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I think what he means is, back it in too far, get the bunks all the way wet, or even dump water on them if you can, and then the Cats will slide up the carpet much easier.
I am trying to figure out a way to direct water up onto the bunks automatically on ours. Haven't done it yet though...
pump hooked up to the revese lights mabey

ratso
06-01-2007, 04:22 PM
After screaming out in pain with the smell of burning flesh in the air, my dad says "Son, those headers might be a tad hot"...:jawdrop:

Magic34
06-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Super easy. And smart.
Will you give me a hand with that please? 42'x14' cover.:eek: :)

Magic34
06-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Every trailer needs 2 spares.
Check your jack and make sure it has enough fluid to lift your trailer in case of flat. If you leave your jack in a storage box on your trailer, chances are, it wont work unless you check it a few times a year. If you have no jack and get a flat, use a big rock to drive the other trailer tire on to lift the flat one off the ground.
Oh... if you have a heavy a$$ boat, have 3 jacks because 1 wont do it. :D

sorry dog
06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Tom Brown once told me... " if it won't start after 10 minutes of trying, and after getting towed in... check the kill switch"

Chico&Zeus
06-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Don't jump into a strange boat, stepping on the front edge of the rear bench seat....It just might be hinged and you will fall and bust your ass......no one gave me this tip, but I thought that it needed to be passed on.:D

Magic34
06-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't jump into a strange boat, stepping on the front edge of the rear bench seat....It just might be hinged and you will fall and bust your ass......no one gave me this tip, but I thought that it needed to be passed on.:D
LMAO
Hey you missed it though... How about, dont use a cheap plastic chair that sits in the sun all say to climb into the back of a Nordic on a graded driveway to a garage. It will kick out from under you on the way out and the sharp props can bite. Luckliy for this time, the props weren't eatin'.

EAZYKILLER2006
06-01-2007, 05:39 PM
what they said:) ;)

Jbb
06-01-2007, 06:08 PM
"To the floor and let her buck" - Kim Hanson
Words to live by...!:D

Classic Daycruiser
06-01-2007, 06:20 PM
This is lesson #1 !!!!!!!!!

Ultracrazy
06-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Okee...........I learned something. :redface:

Keith E. Sayre
06-01-2007, 09:57 PM
while trying to put a boat on a trailer, this old man told me
to drive the boat. I promptly responded that I AM driving
the boat. He chuckled and said, no right now the wind is
driving the boat, a moment ago the current was and the
minute before that, the propwash from a trailered boat
was driving my boat. Then I understood what he meant.
Then he commented that I could not "wish" the boat onto
the trailer!
Never forgot those words.
Keith Sayre

HotDogz
06-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best...
Smell it before ya eat it..

Keith E. Sayre
06-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Billy B's avatar says:THROTTLE FLAT TO THE FLOOR TILL YOU SEE GOD....THEN LIFT...... PEOPLE PLAN....GOD LAUGH'S!!!
I've always admired that one, especially if you know what
he drives or if you've seen his creations with a paint gun.
Keith Sayre

Havasu Carrera
06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
-Justin
Keeps your rear wheels from helping the boat and trailer pull you into the lake.:eek: