PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Liner Overspray!!! What Would You Do!

78hallett-ss
06-01-2007, 08:42 AM
My buddy ordered an 08 f450 king ranch... it had 15 miles on it when he picked up. Had a gooseneck hitch put in. and a few other bolt on goodies. He took to the local Rhino Liner dealer to have the bed sprayed... at this time it had 30 miles on it. Went to pick up the next day and the truck was covered in overspray... i guess they were spraying some tanks outside and covered his new truck... he noticed on his way home. immediatley took it back and they said "dont worry we can get it off.." 2 days later he went over there and they were using a buffer with rubbing alcohol on the paint and plastic. used a razor blade on the windows. Now all the windows need to be replaced along with all the plastic, molding, lenses, chrome and wheels... and the clear is so f'd up it needs to be resprayed... He wants them to buy his truck from him so he can get a new one as he doesnt want a rebuilt brand new truck... rhinos insurance only offered him 3500 for repairs and touch up paint. He wants to sue them for the difference as he took to ford check on trading back in and they knocked off 15k! Insurance will pay more if it costs but only to the shop.. what to do??!!!!

Water Romper
06-01-2007, 08:48 AM
If it were me, Attorney time...I would cough up the bucks for consultation fees and what ever fee’s to file the claim. If he wins, he can re-coup all his legal fees.
I would hit them hard and fast. You can bet they will try to weasel out of this…:mad: :mad:

78hallett-ss
06-01-2007, 08:56 AM
apparently rhino has a clause in their contract that you sign that they do not cover attourney fees... and you must provide multiple expert witnesses... he is already started with his overpriced attourney... and with their cost if he wins it will almost not be worth it... i think he needs a different lawyer!

rrrr
06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
He needs to find an attorney that handles diminished value claims.

ratso
06-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Get an attorney. I can't stand people that fukk up your shit and then try to get out of taking responsibility. The owner of the Rhino place should be driving that fukked up truck...
I had a guy that worked for me years back and did a metalflake repair on a bass boat... a pretty huge area. Honestly it was a fukked up job when he finished it, and he had a chance to make it right and couldn't. I knew the guy wanted to sell the boat anyway, so I asked him what he had to have for it and I wrote him a check on the spot. He was happy, I fired my guy and I was happy, ended up hiring another glass repair guy (been with me since 1990) who fixed the fukked up job and I made almost 5 grand when I sold the boat...
Bottom line, they screwed up and should buy your buds truck. I'll be damned if I would pay that kind of money and then have to get it re-painted etc because of their screw up!

78hallett-ss
06-01-2007, 09:11 AM
he immediatley told them he wanted a new truck... or to buy his from him.. and that is when the guy stopped returning his calls. i will tell him about the diminished value attourney deal... anyone have one in the Norco area or surrounding... ???

Baja Big Dog
06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
The guy aint gonna buy his truck...and the courts will more than likley make him pay to repaint, and replace the glass.
Wrong, but true....:mad:

dumbandyoung
06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Sue Em!

SoCalHD
06-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Which Rhino place so I can stay the Hell away with the new truck!!

Magic34
06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Get it fixed and simply sell it. The F450s are going for sticker + right now so selling it at or below sticker should be easy.
He wont be out much $$ at all, much less than attorney fees.
The 450 would be gone quick if he jumps on this and gets it all done in the next 2 weeks.
It sucks no matter what the value, but this is a $60k+ truck. :( Get it fixed, it will be gone soon.

SOCALDETAIL1
06-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Get it fixed and simply sell it. The F450s are going for sticker + right now so selling it at or below sticker should be easy.
The 450 would be gone quick if he jumps on this and gets it all done in the next 2 weeks.
It sucks no matter what the value, but this is a $60k+ truck. :( Get it fixed, it will be gone soon.
Yup, get it detailed and dump it. By the time it gets to court and fees you will be 6or7 months into this truck.

Havasu1986
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Wouldn't it be better to have the dealer have it sprayed so this wouldn't happen. It would be on the dealer then. Photoglow did it for me and it wasn't that expensive. :confused:

DirtySquirty
06-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Fix It and Dump It...Then use Linex in the future!

jbtrailerjim
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
The guy aint gonna buy his truck...and the courts will more than likley make him pay to repaint, and replace the glass.
Wrong, but true....:mad:
Yep, that is what the courts would more than likely do. If the shop is legit they will have insurance to cover a claim like that.
Sucks for your friend. Man, I'd be freakin pissed.:mad:

H20Advantage
06-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Well it does not sound like the damage occurred when his truck was sprayed but when they were doing another job. He might want to contact his insurance company and let them go after the shops insurance company or the shop themselves.
This damage was not caused by a job under a contract he signed it was caused by them not taking proper care while doing another job. :idea: Along the same lines of he has it sprayed coated then an employee hits it with a forklift.

3 daytona`s
06-01-2007, 02:44 PM
? Disclose this damage or cheat someone:idea:

Baja Big Dog
06-01-2007, 02:55 PM
OK dude, your green light is on, so your reading...why dont you tell us where the shop is, if you come on here for advise and shop bashing then tell us where its at.
This would fall under comp, have his insurance company take care of it, thats why you pay for insurance.

zudnic
06-01-2007, 03:00 PM
apparently rhino has a clause in their contract that you sign that they do not cover attourney fees... and you must provide multiple expert witnesses... he is already started with his overpriced attourney... and with their cost if he wins it will almost not be worth it... i think he needs a different lawyer!
Believe (I'm not a lawyer) even with that contract they could be still liable for legal costs if he wins in court. Hence why pre-nups, etc do not hold up in court in alot of cases.........

78hallett-ss
06-02-2007, 06:33 AM
thanks for all the tips! especially about how it wasnt under his contract that the damage was done. yes razor blades on the windows took big pits out of all the glass! I live in Norco so you can do the math on where the shop is. I forwarded the thread to him so hopefully he takes all your info and uses it. i think he should sell it. so we'll see how fast they can get it fixed... already been over a month.
and baja i wasnt at my desk all day.. i was on the freeway when you posted.. guess i forgot to log out.