PDA

View Full Version : I'm Already Sick of Announcements

burtandnancy2
06-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Here it is the first of June, and the announcements are filling my mailbox; weddings (someones grandkid) graduations (friends kid) births (friends we barely know kid) retirements (someone we don't even like) it goes on and on. This seemingly sick way of asking for gifts is really getting old. Does it bother anyone else?

Bradman
06-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Here it is the first of June, and the announcements are filling my mailbox; weddings (someones grandkid) graduations (friends kid) births (friends we barely know kid) retirements (someone we don't even like) it goes on and on. This seemingly sick way of asking for gifts is really getting old. Does it bother anyone else?
I know exactly how you feel, but for $25.00.... it keeps the peace.:) :) :)

Rocknpalms
06-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Got a grad announcement from a neighbors son. Last time I spoke to him, a year ago, he borrowed my tractor and returned it with a blown head gasket. Never even asked to help fix it.
So how much do you give to keep the peace. I am thinking $50 to his son and an invoice to him for the parts and my labor.

ratso
06-01-2007, 07:46 PM
I hate buying gifts... except for
my son, which money will suffice:D
my grandson, any toy will do;)
and wives have always been easy... jewelry:jawdrop:

yopengo
06-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I figure I owe all of them. They all bought frikken every piece of fundraiser crap from my kids. So… it’s payback time. Run down to Costco and pick up a rice cooker… “Happy graduation you’ll be eating a lot of this for the next few years.” :D