PDA

View Full Version : Special Sounds at the Lake!

Keith E. Sayre
06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Last Saturday afternoon I'm in a small cove by the Beachcomber when I hear this roar. I turn around and
there's a certain 42' Fountain that's yellow and purple
doing about 110 or 120 and maybe more going by towards
Copper Canyon. #6's throwing water like a jet boat and
my heart started pumping! With the world in a bit of
turmoil and our own lives in various states of worry or
whatever, for a moment I thought I was in heaven.
Thanks Jay for the show and the sound! Not just the sound
but the overall show! Others that come to mind, Byron
Ashleys Nortech, Blings Nortech, Gary Smiths Predator,
Steve Hensleys Daytona 33, and of course the racecrafters
skater, CRC and .................................................. ..........
I'd like to hear what gets others hearts racing on the lake.
Keith Sayre

Magic34
06-01-2007, 10:44 PM
I have always had loud boats in terms of exhaust. At the same time, I have had a ton of speakers to go with the stereo.
When I picked up the Formula, I noticed that it only had 2 speakers in the cockpit. I made an appointment with my stereo guy and said that we need to get this fixed.
I took the boat out to the lake 2 weeks ago, and turned the stereo on with its 2 speakers in the cockpit. It was amazing, you cant hear the motors and 2 speakers sound just fine. :D
I love the loud boat and I miss it, but when sitting in my new boat I cant help to think how nice it is to hear everything around me. :) I have to look at the tachs to see if the damn thing is on.
New stereo is still going in as well. :D
I have no idea what I am trying to say. I'm not drinking either.

76ANTHONY
06-01-2007, 10:51 PM
ahhhh the sound of the first beer crackin open when im not driving:D :D :D

acatitude
06-01-2007, 11:09 PM
I kinda like the sound of a 1st time passengers little scream when her bikini top comes flying off at about 85....:D :D :D

trawfish
06-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Last Saturday afternoon I'm in a small cove by the Beachcomber when I hear this roar. I turn around and
Keith Sayre
Once had a little jet boat (18ft Kachina) 550 hp NA small block with open Bassett's over the transom, turned "B" impeller almost 6K. Stomp that bastard and children would cry..... Don't think I will ever go back to litte Jet's but love that sound (that purple and yellow fountain does give me huge wood though)

djunkie
06-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Keith Sayre
I saw Jay go by last Sunday when I was sitting at Site 6 and I agree that beast sounds awesome. Off the top of my head I'd say the best boat I've ever heard has got to be this thing. :2purples: :2purples: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32087&stc=1&d=1180773006

shueman
06-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Pulling back the boat cover and take a wiff of the smells...instant river flashbacks... :cool:

Not So Fast
06-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Keith: Did you see in the paper the other day the letter to the editor about the "Monster boats and their LOUD exhaust" and then the guy went on about how they all should be banned from "his" lake because he could hear them from his house :rolleyes: I remember you saying that is the problem on the river, all of the higer ups (Grey hairs?) moving or buying houses there and now after how many years, want what has been a tradition on the river, to be stopped. As far back as I can remember (thats a long time also) the river has been all about fast, loud boats but yet there is an element that wants it stopped. I did send in a letter in retort but somehow the paper didnt print it :idea: There are forces out there that want to change what Lake Havasu has been for eternity, you can bet on it. :( :( :( NSF

shueman
06-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Keith: Did you see in the paper the other day the letter to the editor about the "Monster boats and their LOUD exhaust" and then the guy went on about how they all should be banned from "his" lake because he could hear them from his house :rolleyes: I remember you saying that is the problem on the river, all of the higer ups (Grey hairs?) moving or buying houses there and now after how many years, want what has been a tradition on the river, to be stopped. As far back as I can remember (thats a long time also) the river has been all about fast, loud boats but yet there is an element that wants it stopped. I did send in a letter in retort but somehow the paper didnt print it :idea: There are forces out there that want to change what Lake Havasu has been for eternity, you can bet on it. :( :( :( NSF
Nutin' better than the 6:00am wake-up call of a hottie echo off the canyon around Big Bend... :cool: It goes with the territory...

27 Awesome cat
06-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Off the top of my head I'd say the best boat I've ever heard has got to be this thing. :2purples: :2purples: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32087&stc=1&d=1180773006
This is what the boat sounds like going through the channel:D http://youtube.com/watch?v=SoGV6eZ5srk

beaverretriever
06-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Funny you mention this. I am exactly the opposite in that kind of "no loud boats" on the lake thinking.
Probably one of my favorite things in the world is when I am up at 6am on a Saturday morning in Havi getting the boat ready for the day and its quiet except for one guy running a big, powerful boat out on the lake. My heart starts pumping and I get chills. :D

40FlatDeck
06-02-2007, 09:31 AM
I have always had loud boats in terms of exhaust. At the same time, I have had a ton of speakers to go with the stereo.
When I picked up the Formula, I noticed that it only had 2 speakers in the cockpit. I made an appointment with my stereo guy and said that we need to get this fixed.
I took the boat out to the lake 2 weeks ago, and turned the stereo on with its 2 speakers in the cockpit. It was amazing, you cant hear the motors and 2 speakers sound just fine. :D
I love the loud boat and I miss it, but when sitting in my new boat I cant help to think how nice it is to hear everything around me. :) I have to look at the tachs to see if the damn thing is on.
New stereo is still going in as well. :D
I have no idea what I am trying to say. I'm not drinking either.
What the f#ck does this have to do with loud, fast boats??:D You need to get out more...........

Bling Bling
06-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Keith Sayre
I'm sadden to say I think the good old days might be over. The cry babbies and tree huggers have made a great run and I hate to say there winning. It looks to me the only time the popo looks the other way is the Poker run in April. Mufflers and me don't get along, and this noise bullshit is 75% of why I'm getting out of peformance blower motor boating. If your not running Turbos or Turbines for huge power it aint worth it at least to me. I know 5 guys running twin turbo motors all over 1000hp, and all pass at the Main Marina.
I remember when in my loud Skater, I'd drive next to the police and they would just smile. My Nor-Tech they pull me over, and before the ticket got ripped out of the book they would say your boat is kool, it sounds great, but if I don't give you a noise ticket the only tickets I'll be giving is parking tickets. Fock that.
Solution: we all need to pitch in money wise and build our own lake-river were we make all the rules except BUI, and the winners and tree huggers can lick ass. I think Golddigger should step up.:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Funny you mention this. I am exactly the opposite in that kind of "no loud boats" on the lake thinking.
Probably one of my favorite things in the world is when I am up at 6am on a Saturday morning in Havi getting the boat ready for the day and its quiet except for one guy running a big, powerful boat out on the lake. My heart starts pumping and I get chills. :D
Me too. It's all silent. Even the riverbirds are sleeping. Then you hear someone in a jetboat out there getting first glass. I LOVE that sound! Then I usually get up, start the coffee and sit in a chair outside to watch the roadrunners. 4 more days. 4 more days.

Insurance God
06-02-2007, 04:30 PM
The louder the better IMO. That sound of a v-drive or jet in the AM is awesome but it is rare these days. I got hasseled for noise with my last boat & the guy that bought it from me said his 1st time out he got a ticket. If your boat isn't loud, it is hard to hear at speed. I don't care much for the sound of wind.

PHOTOGLOU
06-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Keith Sayre
Thanks Keith,
I too LOVE the sound so whenever your up to drive let me know.... I have never actually heard it go by BUT by the sound at idle flushing the motors, I can only imagine.....

ratso
06-02-2007, 05:52 PM
This is what the boat sounds like going through the channel:D http://youtube.com/watch?v=SoGV6eZ5srk
We were up at Kokomos one night after one of the OP6 events, and I heard this boat crank up and idle out of the channel... sounded exactly like this one...:jawdrop: Freakin' Awesome!:D

27 Awesome cat
06-02-2007, 05:59 PM
We were up at Kokomos one night after one of the OP6 events, and I heard this boat crank up and idle out of the channel... sounded exactly like this one...:jawdrop: Freakin' Awesome!:D
It definitely has a way of making you look once you hear a lake boat like that:D

burbanite
06-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I saw Jay go by last Sunday when I was sitting at Site 6 and I agree that beast sounds awesome. Off the top of my head I'd say the best boat I've ever heard has got to be this thing. :2purples: :2purples: :D
Whose boat is that? Acceptance hasn't gone all "family style" now has he?
If only I'd thought of doing something like that to a bowrider my wife would still be happy with me...:idea: :D

27 Awesome cat
06-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Whose boat is that? Acceptance hasn't gone all "family style" now has he?
If only I'd thought of doing something like that to a bowrider my wife would still be happy with me...:idea: :D
J540's:D

Faceaz
06-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Man, my POS computer speakers absolutely do NOT do that justice - would be awesome to hear it in person though.
I agree with Not So Fast. I've been going to the river for over 30 years & relish in the sounds of the boats & the river. Nothing is much better than waking to a blown flattie running down the Parker Strip (even if the wakeboarders hate it), or listening to the first group of boats pass @ the enduro. Hopefully restrictions never get too tight to stop it.

burbanite
06-02-2007, 07:53 PM
J540's:D
I see, Greg must be in the money these days if he can afford to sponsor a boat...;) I knew his flattie was for sale a while ago and wondered if he had changed course a little.
This thing has me thinking.

Bite the Bullet
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I was camping at Buckskin in the late 70's next to a drag boat racer named Jim Walders. Jim knew how to hit the river in style. He had the family tri-hull and his blown gas Cole flattie. On a quiet mid week morning, Jim put his blown gasser in the water and cruised in front of Buckskin. He then proceded to make a picture perfect pass on the smooth water in front of the campground that brought every one to their feet. Mind you, this was before the jet ski was popular. It was poetry in motion watching Jim work the pedals on that legitimate 135 mph flattie. The blown gasser sounded awesome and the smell of racing fuel hung in the air for several minutes. A neat deal to say the least!

Magic34
06-03-2007, 03:55 PM
What the f#ck does this have to do with loud, fast boats??:D You need to get out more...........
You are right.

Jbb
06-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Man that sounds good!...
This one sounds good too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdC8mPhLzY)

wedge44
06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
YEP....that's J540...my wife won't let me get in john's boat nowadays....FAGGIT....:D :D :D ...Wedge

Keith E. Sayre
06-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Bling and Bobby: I find it incredibly ironic that these same
old geisers that bitch about the noise also have the
nerve to bill (you and me) medicare for hearing aids!
If they need hearing aids, how can they hear the boats.
same old story. their life is miserable so they want to
screw up everyone elses. You're not in Kansas anymore
Festus.
keith Sayre
I like the sign on the wall in China. Welcome, now go home.