PDA

View Full Version : Two injured in Parker boat accident...

Quest4Fun
06-02-2007, 06:50 AM
The morning paper says that two 22 year old men were injured while floating in an intertube on Parker Friday after being struck by a passing boat. One man had to be flown to Vegas the other was treated at La Paz Medical Center. The two men were pulled from the water by other boaters. Anyone have more information:confused: Hope everyone is o.k.

Bow Tie Omega
06-02-2007, 06:57 AM
I was there yesterday, but did not see anything.......THe lake lice were out in force, spent alot of time dodging them down on the lower half, one of them kept buzzing my daughter, while I was towing her on the raft, she is 7:mad: . Put her back in the boat and got him with the diverter:D, man I love jet boats. I left the diverter up for the rest of the morning just so they would stay away....It worked.

rrrr
06-02-2007, 07:00 AM
I was there yesterday, but did not see anything.......THe lake lice were out in force, spent alot of time dodging them down on the lower half, one of them kept buzzing my daughter, while I was towing her on the raft, she is 7:mad: . Put her back in the boat and got him with the diverter:D, man I love jet boats. I left the diverter up for the rest of the morning just so they would stay away....It worked.
That's ass kicking time for me......

Pheelin Phroggy
06-02-2007, 07:18 AM
thats when you wish you had a high power auto-paintball gun on board, shooting frozen paintballs at the focker, send him home crying wth some new color to his entire body....

Quest4Fun
06-02-2007, 08:26 AM
thats when you wish you had a high power auto-paintball gun on board, shooting frozen paintballs at the focker, send him home crying wth some new color to his entire body....
Silver Bullits work too...but I like the paintball gun idea, we have one maybe we should start packin it on board :D :D

Boatcop
06-02-2007, 08:47 AM
The morning paper says that two 22 year old men were injured while floating in an intertube on Parker Friday after being struck by a passing boat. One man had to be flown to Vegas the other was treated at La Paz Medical Center. The two men were pulled from the water by other boaters. Anyone have more information:confused: Hope everyone is o.k.
The injured were not floating on an innertube. They were being towed and were whipped into the other boat while the towing boat was making a "U" turn. The tube struck the boat on the starboard side, about halfway back from the bow, as it was heading into the shore at Emerald Cove.
The investigation is continuing. The driver of the boat that was struck by the tube is suspected of being impaired by alcohol, and could be charged with OUI, pending BAC test results. Testing showed the driver of the towing boat had a low BAC and was not considered impaired, although he could face charges of Reckless Operation and/or Endangerment.

No Name
06-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I know what that feels like. Took a three blade bravo prop across the lower back the summer of 1990 right below Parker Dam. Didn’t walk for 6 weeks after that. :(
Hope everyone involved is ok.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/000_6438.JPG

burtandnancy2
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Boatcop, its great to hear "the rest of the story"...

Trailer Park Casanova
06-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Boatcop, its great to hear "the rest of the story"...
The straight scoop.

KineticoH20
06-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I only will do the tube thing up on Mojave in a private cove, I think it is insanity to tube on Havasu let alone Parker. Don't think I could live with myself if I injured my kids or a passenger.

OverKill
06-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Dude, chit, ouch. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
That's why you should have a jet boat. Prop boats are very dangerous exspiecialy around kids.

BajaMike
06-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I only will do the tube thing up on Mojave in a private cove, I think it is insanity to tube on Havasu let alone Parker. Don't think I could live with myself if I injured my kids or a passenger.
I agree....pulling tubes, skiers, or wakeboarders is stupid in any busy waterway....and it isn't even fun for the person being pulled......
But the newbees just don't get it......:idea:

AZJD
06-02-2007, 12:00 PM
I know what that feels like. Took a three blade bravo prop across the lower back the summer of 1990 right below Parker Dam. Didn’t walk for 6 weeks after that. :(
You my friend are a true boater! But now you need twins like this guy......
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/azjd/propass.jpg

Bow Tie Omega
06-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I agree, that is why we did it at 8 am on a week day. It was not crowded, that was not the issue at all I saw 3 boats total, one was a bass boat fishing....It was the lake lice , one guy specifically coming out of his way over to buzz her. I have seen that happen at Havasu, at Mojave and Laughlin, but never Parker. I would never let my kids out on an innertube at all if it was ever crowded, or if I saw people being stupid. We were in our own quiet area minding our own business, the stupidity came to us. The lice came down to us from up river. It was not like I made a bonzai run in 3-5 swells with 200 boats and wave runners at 2:00 pm

HM
06-02-2007, 03:38 PM
The injured were not floating on an innertube. They were being towed and were whipped into the other boat while the towing boat was making a "U" turn. The tube struck the boat on the starboard side, about halfway back from the bow, as it was heading into the shore at Emerald Cove.
The investigation is continuing. The driver of the boat that was struck by the tube is suspected of being impaired by alcohol, and could be charged with OUI, pending BAC test results. Testing showed the driver of the towing boat had a low BAC and was not considered impaired, although he could face charges of Reckless Operation and/or Endangerment.
Paging Mr. RD. Mr. RD, please pickup the white coutesy phone. :D

Nord
06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Paging Mr. RD. Mr. RD, please pickup the white coutesy phone. :D
That was uncalled for..............

Quest4Fun
06-02-2007, 05:26 PM
You my friend are a true boater! But now you need twins like this guy......
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/azjd/propass.jpg
This gives new meaning to twin props :D :D
Thanks Boat Cop for the update and clarification on the accident. I sure hope everyone is o.k.

blackcloud75
06-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Ouch, you didn't happen to be riding a stand-up jet ski at the time? Just north of Moonridge?