PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan is a selfish beotch

MagicMtnDan
02-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Kwan never should have gone to the Olympics. She wanted to be on the team even though she didn't qualify. Because she's been a national champion many times she was given a spot on the team and Emily Hughes who did qualify had to stay home.
Now Michelle Kwan is wishing Emily good luck. Yeah right beotch! Wish her good luck getting to Italy after the huge snow storm back east. Wish her a great Olympic experience - oops, she wasn't there for the opening ceremonies - so much for that.
She didn't deserve to go - she was still injured but she managed to make the American team officials think she was up to it physically. I don't want to hear another news report about "poor Michelle Kwan." Go home and hide your crying face.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060212/060212_kwan_vmed_7a.widec.jpg

ECeptor
02-12-2006, 05:15 PM
The spots should go to the top athletes at the time of qualifying...no exceptions!
They should get a military jet of something and get Emily Hughes over there ASAP!

PlyaPlya22
02-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Kwan never should have gone to the Olympics. She wanted to be on the team even though she didn't qualify. Because she's been a national champion many times she was given a spot on the team and Emily Hughes who did qualify had to stay home.
Now Michelle Kwan is wishing Emily good luck. Yeah right beotch! Wish her good luck getting to Italy after the huge snow storm back east. Wish her a great Olympic experience - oops, she wasn't there for the opening ceremonies - so much for that.
She didn't deserve to go - she was still injured but she managed to make the American team officials think she was up to it physically. I don't want to hear another news report about "poor Michelle Kwan." Go home and hide your crying face.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060212/060212_kwan_vmed_7a.widec.jpg
I'll have to agree with you there!!

Havasu_Dreamin
02-12-2006, 05:51 PM
She played within the rules and I've got news for you, she did not cause the snowstorm.

YeLLowBoaT
02-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Figure skating should not be a olympic sport anyways.....
It was wrong for her to get a place on the team if she did not qualify....

Havasu_Dreamin
02-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Sadly the USOC set themselves up for this type of situation when they allowed Nancy Kerrigan to go in 92 without qualifying.

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Figure skating should not be a olympic sport anyways.....
Why should it not be an olympic sport????

YeLLowBoaT
02-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Its based on judging...Yes they have "rules" so much off for this, so much off for that. Still its based on what a "judge" thinks or in this case a panel of judges. Its not so much the technical points that bug me....its the "artistic empression" part that I think is the major porb... I am not saying that they are not athleats, just that it should not be a olympic sport. For that matter ballroom dancing, and gymnastics should also not be olypmic sports.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Here's a little blurb I read earlier about Michelle Kwan. Although I could care less about woman's figure skating, I thought it was particularly significant, in light of how each country's number of Olympic spots are determined:
Very interesting, was not aware that was the process in securing Olympic bids.

Silver
02-12-2006, 06:39 PM
It's life always full of bullshit! Get over it! Let Kwan and hughes deal with the emotions!
The only training most of you do on here is lift a beer....... :yuk: :cry:

YeLLowBoaT
02-12-2006, 06:46 PM
It doesn't sound like you know much about gymnastic's scoring. It's quite well regemented. Unlike what the announcers would lead you to believe, there's very little left open to interpretation. Figure skating underwent a revamping of their scoring as well, after the shady dealings in the last Olympics.
still lock all of the judges in diffrent rooms... show them tapes of preformances....In diffrent orders on diffrent days.... Would the all come up with the same #s?
Lets just say that "according too the rules" you should get a "9.5" now if you fallow up some 1 that got a "7.0" would you still have a "9.5". Or what about the other way, you fallow up a "perfect 10" will you still have a "9.5"?
Now I am sure that they do every thing possable to prevent this... But do you remember the east german judges??? Always a 10th less then every 1 else other then when one of thier "comrads" was up, then it was always a 10th hire. Also lets not forget how important the person(s) in front of you are. Or for that matter "pre/post judging" how ppl act b4 and after is very important.
What I am saying is that there is no such thing as a "perfect" judge. They are humam... they make mistakes and can be influanced bt other factors.
Now a timing light, a traget, a pin,( notice I am not listing boxing... I feel the samw way about thier scoreing),higher jump, and many others. Are very hard to disput and aer not based on what "some 1 thinks".

Blown 472
02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Dan bitching about womens figure skating? homo. :rolleyes:

Big Warlock
02-12-2006, 07:39 PM
but she can boat biatch for me anytime! Come on over Michelle! We'll get soe warmth in you here in Az! :crossx:

KACHINA KEN
02-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I am laughing soo fkn hard right now I can barely type, you fkn guys kill me every now and again.

MagicMtnDan
02-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Who cares?
Obviously YOU CARE a lot! You posted 4 times out of 17 replies. :rolleyes:

HM
02-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Dan bitching about womens figure skating? homo. :rolleyes:
Those guys are fags!!! (Said in my best Spicoli voice)

NorCal Gameshow
02-12-2006, 11:05 PM
figure skating=***boat drama
Go figure...
"People began skating for the enjoyment and entertainment of it. This led to the formation of the first skating club in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1642. To join the club an individual needed the ability to jump over a pile of three hats placed on the ice and skate on each foot in a circle. These were the first figures from which figure skating took its name."(from fitness.gov ) :D

JetBoatRich
02-13-2006, 04:41 AM
It brought a tear to my eyes(not) :cry: watching her on ESPN this morning :cry:
MMD, I have to agree the way she got in was wrong :yuk: and it does seem pretty selfish :yuk:

Seadog
02-13-2006, 06:33 AM
There was nothing wrong with the way she got the spot. She had an injury that prevented here from doing the trials. She won her spot by doing a routine that proved she could perform at the highest levels. The IOC doctors and her personal doctors certified that she was fully recovered from the groin injury. The injury she suffered is a totally new injury according to the reports coming out. Her problem is that she is past the age to handle the stresses that figure skating demands today.
There is nothing wrong with the proceedure used to put her on the team. If you have a proven quarterback that is fully recovered from an injury, and has been your go-to guy for every important game, you put him in the big game. The rookie still has a chance at the future games and will be helped by more seasoning.
And to say that figure skating is not olympic material, I say try to do better. It is better than short track skating in my opinion.

spectratoad
02-13-2006, 08:24 AM
And to say that figure skating is not olympic material, I say try to do better. It is better than short track skating in my opinion.
What about curling???? :rolleyes:
I hear now that she has dropped out of the competition.

Seadog
02-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Curling is something that is very popular to watch. I don't see it, but what the hey. I also don't see why soccer is an international sport, but football isn't.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I also don't see why soccer is an international sport, but football isn't.
Well, technically, football is an international sport, we just call it soccer.

Jbb
02-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Brown offered her $500 can. for her practice leotard.....

Tom Brown
02-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Brown offered her $500 can. for her practice leotard.....
... and it was worth it. It is currently stuck to my ceiling.

spectratoad
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
But Emily gets a chance now to place a gold next to her sisters. :)