PDA

View Full Version : Buero Of Land Managment

SHADOW23
06-04-2007, 11:01 AM
We were hanging out in Steam Boat beached for a few hours Saturday afternoon, when a BLM boat came in. They walked the beach and said anyone with a boat on the beach had to pay a $10 dollar use fee, or buy a yearly pass for $100.00.
My yearly State Park pass was no good Since we were on BLM land. I have been going to Steam Boat for many years and this is the first I have heard of this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Jyruiz
06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Happens all the time bro, specially on holidays and weekends.

Nord
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
I grew up camping all through Havasu, and we used to pay that fee sometimes. It depends on where you are. It basically covers the trash pick-up and porta-sh*tter fees.
Was there a trash can there and a picnic bench or two??
~NORD~

Havasu_Dreamin
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Happens all the time bro, specially on holidays and weekends.
Ditto.
We've had the annual BLM pass going on 6 years now...I heard they were going up to $100...Oh well, our current one is good until July 31 then we have to get a new one...

SHADOW23
06-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I grew up camping all through Havasu, and we used to pay that fee sometimes. It depends on where you are. It basically covers the trash pick-up and porta-sh*tter fees.
Was there a trash can there and a picnic bench or two??
~NORD~
Yup.

SHADOW23
06-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Just curious. If I didn't have a 10 spot would they have kicked me off the beach ? Sometimes I just carry a credit card on the boat.

Nord
06-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Just curious. If I didn't have a 10 spot would they have kicked me off the beach ? Sometimes I just carry a credit card on the boat.
Actually back in the day, they would give you an envelope to drop off, or they would come back the next day.

bohica
06-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I think my last annual BLM pass was only $50. Ever since I bought it, they've never been by to check. Good thing about the pass is it's good for 1 year from date of purchase, but the increase to $100 blows.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes, seen it happen many times...In fact we've been in Steamboat and had the two Rangers come up on their Honda PWC's and some boats left shore...only to be stopped by the Patrol boat that was lingering off shore and they collected the day use fee from them since obviously they had been there using the beach...Rangers have also told us that even if you are acnhored offshore with a line going to shore you will have to pay the day use fee...
Actually back in the day, they would give you an envelope to drop off, or they would come back the next day.
They still have the envelopes available I believe...But you can't pull the oh, I'll go over and pay in a minute excuse if the Ranger comes by
I think my last annual BLM pass was only $50. Ever since I bought it, they've never been by to check. Good thing about the pass is it's good for 1 year from date of purchase, but the increase to $100 blows.
Yeah, the price increase does blow...But oh well...What are we gonna do? Pay it...Aren't you leaving for Powell in a few weeks?

bohica
06-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, the price increase does blow...But oh well...What are we gonna do? Pay it...Aren't you leaving for Powell in a few weeks?
Leaving on the 19th for our 2 week trip to Powell.:D

Havasu_Dreamin
06-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Leaving on the 19th for our 2 week trip to Powell.:D
I mean this in the nicest possible way.....YOU SUCK!!!!! :D Have a great trip! See you back at the Zoo when you get back...

djunkie
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Its never happened to me in Steamboat but they do almost everytime I'm up at Moabi. As long as the beach stays clean and they do their job I have NO problem forking out the few bucks they ask for.

topless
06-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Is Buero the same as Burro,:confused: or is it Bureau????

djunkie
06-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Is Buero the same as Burro,:confused: or is it Bureau????
Are you sure you're not related to Jordy? :confused: :D :D

topless
06-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Are you sure you're not related to Jordy? :confused: :D :DGod I hope not!!!!:eek: LOL

Sleek-Jet
06-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I can remember when using Public lands was free... :rolleyes: "Free" meaning I pay my taxes... and a fee is just a tax with better PR...
Thank you "Fee Demo" program...

prosthogod
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
doesn't the 100$ fee we paid at windsor cover this?

Jyruiz
06-04-2007, 12:00 PM
No.

wildbillg
06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
That only covers you for the "Arizona state parks" Not BLM land.

Riveratz
06-04-2007, 12:34 PM
We were out with Big Doug on Sunday and they came by and checked also.

Ziggy
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
1)BLM.
2)Arizona State Parks. (Windsor...this pass gets you in ALL the Az state parks)
3)You should also have a pass from the Indian Tribe for beaches over on the California side, but I've never seen them come around to check.

Not So Fast
06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
They did that to me a couple of years ago and when I stopped at the BLM office here in Havasu to pay the $10 the lady said "arent you nice" to which i said I thought I had to pay, to which she said most people dont ???? Also as I understand it you can beach for 10 minutes to go potty and not be charged :idea: NSF