PDA

View Full Version : Cole (not for weak of heart)

Fiat48
06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Did anyone here used to own or know of this boat? Picture does not do it justice. It's trashed much worse than what you see.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_1692.jpg

Marty Gras
06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Nice "cavitation hardware"!

Cole Man II
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok, that breaks my hart.

Bite the Bullet
06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Did anyone here used to own or know of this boat? Picture does not do it justice. It's trashed much worse than what you see.
In 1978-79, I saw that boat at Cole's shop. It was powered by a blown big block chevy and was built as a show piece only. I believe Jim Lange put the boat together. If his Hi-Tech Marine is still around in Simi Valley, he likely would be a source of information. Another source might be George Latka. He was close to Cole back then and owned a BGF named Little Thunder. His son Mario works for Teague. At that time, it was one of the nicer deals coming out of Cole's shop.

Hud
06-05-2007, 04:15 AM
I saw that boat For Sale awhile back! 3800 I think.

Sherpa
06-05-2007, 07:25 AM
is it forsale some place-??
what else is wrong with it??
is it complete-? phone number-?
--Sherpa

charitycase
06-05-2007, 07:38 AM
is it forsale some place-??
what else is wrong with it??
is it complete-? phone number-?
--Sherpa
We went & looked at it and walked away.Transom is rotted out.It's been in the weather for about 6 years.It's ROUGH guys.Has a car oil pan on it etc...

Fiat48
06-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Aha! Plus the guy thinks it's worth a lot but never will settle on a price. I suspected he knew the transom was rotted out...yet he acted suprised when I pointed it out. LOL.
Personally...I wanted to strangle the guy for letting a boat ruin like that. Good thing Morg was not with me. That guy is WILD!
:D
I am looking for a heavy boat....which this one would have been ideal had the idiot not let it ruin.

charitycase
06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Aha! Plus the guy thinks it's worth a lot but never will settle on a price. I suspected he knew the transom was rotted out...yet he acted suprised when I pointed it out. LOL.
Personally...I wanted to strangle the guy for letting a boat ruin like that. Good thing Morg was not with me. That guy is WILD!
:D
I am looking for a heavy boat....which this one would have been ideal had the idiot not let it ruin.
We will have a lot to talk about Fathersday.Look forward to it.When will you guys be there? Casey

Fiat48
06-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I'll be there for sure. Not sure if the boat will be together but I will be there. Prolly weds through Friday...maybe Sat.

wfoflat
06-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I called and asked that guy about the boat, he told me this is no play boat this is a cole!!! I said I know a little about those boats:) . I asked what he wanted for it he said make me an offer, I said you must have an idea what you want for it?? He said give me 9,500 and it yours, He is clearly Crazy!!. I would love to see some pics of that boat back in the day I bet that was a bad boat. I E mailed him later and said I would give him 3,500 for it and he said sure no motor or trailer:confused: . What a shame to let a boat like that go to shi-.

Fiat48
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Yep. That is the guy. Said it needed 2000 hp to work right. :rolleyes: He never would let me look at it. Said people were fighting over it.
Knew it would not sell. Was just curious what it was and I tracked it down.

charitycase
06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
The last time I talked to him.(about 3wks ago)he said he was going to donate it to his church & write it off.Goofball

dmontzsta
06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
I called and asked that guy about the boat, he told me this is no play boat this is a cole!!! I said I know a little about those boats:) . I asked what he wanted for it he said make me an offer, I said you must have an idea what you want for it?? He said give me 9,500 and it yours, He is clearly Crazy!!. I would love to see some pics of that boat back in the day I bet that was a bad boat. I E mailed him later and said I would give him 3,500 for it and he said sure no motor or trailer:confused: . What a shame to let a boat like that go to shi-.
He is on drugs, tell him that is almost the price of a new one! :)

charitycase
06-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Trust me,this boat isn't worth 1500 bucks.

Moneypitt
06-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Trust me,this boat isn't worth 1500 bucks.
OK, so do the guy a favor and let the IRS know what it really worth when he tries to write it off. Send them the trailer plate and the CF ? numbers and tell them to be on the lookout for a $8000. attempted fraud. Let this moron get what he deserves for letting it rot.........It is the least you can do for him........MP

Cole'd Beer
06-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Here Are Some More Pics Of The Boat That I Have Of It.. I Too Went And Looked At It... I Was Amazed At How Much He Wanted For It. And I Walked Away And I Was Amazed At How He Let This Boat Rott.. Fing Wrong Man. Just Wrong..

Fiat48
06-05-2007, 04:58 PM
LOL. So YOU are the guys who were fighting over it. LOL> Fighting to get the hell out of there.
geez...we all could have met and had lunch.

YOUPER
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
THIS REMINDS ME OF WHEN I GOT MY BOAT. IT IS NO WERE NEAR AS BAD AS THAT. WHEN I WENT TO LOOK AT IT GUY HAD IT IN HIS GARAGE FOR A FEW YEARS AND WAS PAINTING TRAILERS OR SOMTHING, NO COVER ON THE BOAT(cover on the bench behind the boat).:confused: CATS WALKING ALL OVER IT A INCH OF DUST EVERYWHERE ON IT. I JUST WANTED TO GRAB THE GUY BY THE NECK, SHAKE HIS HEAD AND SEE IF ANYTHING WAS ROLLING AROUND IN THEIR. MINE IS ALSO A COLE TR2. LUCKY I WAS ABLE TO RESCUE IT BEFORE IT ENDED UP LIKE THIS. WHAT A SHAME.

78Eliminator
06-05-2007, 05:32 PM
How about somebody posts the guys phone number and we all call him up and tell him what an ass clown he is?

dossangers
06-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Hes been running it in saltwater!!!!! what a shame was a nice boat once!

Bt273
06-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I know this guy,and I as well went to look,he wants WAY too MUCH,I told him what it was worth and he acted insulted,I still see him from time to time and ask if he still has it and the look I get says it all.It used to be a cool boat,VERY HEAVY,it has a lenco clutch in it and the hardware is faded out but that was at least 4 years ago,I see it out in the feild where he lives, I will bet he is asking 8000 or more,what a waste of a boat,that thing will rot before he sells it.

78Eliminator
06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
All I know is that if I sit here and think about it long enough and get crazy enough in the mental department, and I mean mad dog insane crazy, I will take Morg over to that wanna be boat salesman and set him loose. Like dropping a goldfish in a Kid Morg Piranha tank.
It will be blood and guts. You dont even want to know what he did to some punk in a convertible mustang that got a little loose in the sand and threw some dust in Morgs general direction. It was carnage. That man's crazy.

BOAT ANCHOR
06-06-2007, 05:21 AM
The Starship was originally built for Neil Hoffer, the original owner, of West Hills, CA. Built in 1979 specifically as a "SHOW BOAT." The TR-2 was painted in Hoffer's garage by Bill Potts, the same painter who painted Quick Jet's "Cole Cash." The hull was rigged by Jim Lange/Cole Boats, and originally had a blown/injected 509 inch Chev. There were two rib back bucket seats panted to fit in with the paint scheme of the boat. The boat sat on a custom Ellis trailer, with Frenched tail lights, chrome rudder guard, floater bar, and hitch. The rear of the trailer was extended 10 inches beyond the end of the cavitation plates in case the trailer was ever rearended. The boat was sold to a person in the Bay area in the mid eighties. I personally found the boat being displayed in the showroom window of Joe's Inboards at El Camino and Howe in Sacramento, while on a trip through there in the summer of 86. I lost track of it after that until a friend of mine found it on Craig's List in December 06. I put Neil Hoffer in touch with the current owner and they exchanged photos and talked. Bottom line was Neil decided that the boat was too far gone from what it once was,to want it back. I had another friend who was around in Neil's garage when the boat was originally painted, who went to look at the boat a few months ago and reported the boat is completely trashed, and that the posted photos make it appear in much better condition than it actually is. The boat is currently up in the Jackson, CA. area.

BA Kurtis
06-06-2007, 05:51 AM
What a shame, it amazes me that someone would throw a trash bag and a bunjy over the carb and think thats good enough and just let it sit outside. The guy would probley do better by parting it out but the way it sounds no one could probley convince him of that.

Morg
06-06-2007, 06:00 AM
The Starship was originally built for Neil Hoffer, the original owner, of West Hills, CA. Built in 1979 specifically as a "SHOW BOAT." The TR-2 was painted in Hoffer's garage by Bill Potts, the same painter who painted Quick Jet's "Cole Cash." The hull was rigged by Jim Lange/Cole Boats, and originally had a blown/injected 509 inch Chev. There were two rib back bucket seats panted to fit in with the paint scheme of the boat. The boat sat on a custom Ellis trailer, with Frenched tail lights, chrome rudder guard, floater bar, and hitch. The rear of the trailer was extended 10 inches beyond the end of the cavitation plates in case the trailer was ever rearended. The boat was sold to a person in the Bay area in the mid eighties. I personally found the boat being displayed in the showroom window of Joe's Inboards at El Camino and Howe in Sacramento, while on a trip through there in the summer of 86. I lost track of it after that until a friend of mine found it on Craig's List in December 06. I put Neil Hoffer in touch with the current owner and they exchanged photos and talked. Bottom line was Neil decided that the boat was too far gone from what it once was,to want it back. I had another friend who was around in Neil's garage when the boat was originally painted, who went to look at the boat a few months ago and reported the boat is completely trashed, and that the posted photos make it appear in much better condition than it actually is. The boat is currently up in the Jackson, CA. area.
OK now I'm pissed.
Its like getting the cutest little puppy in the window, then tying it to a tree outside & saying "Good luck, I squirrel might happen by so you can have something to eat."
Just a god dam shame.

BILLY.B
06-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Dammit. It's just a Cole. What's all this pent up anger about :eek: . It's not like it's Biesemeyer or something cool like that!!!!:D :D :D. Seriously. It is ashame when a guy lets a beautiful boat (in it's day) go to crap like this one has. Then want top dollar for it. Let the deal drop. It would cost way more to fix it and then I doubt it would hang together anyway. Way to far gone!!!

Morg
06-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Dammit. It's just a Cole. What's all this pent up anger about :eek: . It's not like it's Biesemeyer or something cool like that!!!!:D :D :D. Seriously. It is ashame when a guy lets a beautiful boat (in it's day) go to crap like this one has. Then want top dollar for it. Let the deal drop. It would cost way more to fix it and then I doubt it would hang together anyway. Way to far gone!!!
Hey I thought you retired.:) :sleeping: :)

BIGCHRIS
06-06-2007, 06:39 PM
OK now I'm pissed.
Its like getting the cutest little puppy in the window, then tying it to a tree outside & saying "Good luck, I squirrel might happen by so you can have something to eat."
Just a god dam shame.
Go kick his ass Morg i got your back:D

bondsman
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeh....It's not like it's a Canyon!

Hud
06-07-2007, 04:11 AM
When I saw it there was 2 foot of snow on it ! Its been outside in the hills ..............C'mon! Guy needs to be shot!

Morg
06-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Hey hud,
I'll see you, you know when And we will go see the guy about the thing with the thing.
Capeice?

Sanitariumflat
06-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Look, you can still see the bait board and some bits of sardine! This appears to be the natural habitat for greater Northern California possums. I believe the correct phraseology for this boat would be "unrefixable".

pro53
06-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey look whats on EBAY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-Cole-T-deck-TR2-V-drive-runner-bottom-W-Trailer_W0QQitemZ110139841832QQihZ001QQcategoryZ63 686QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/pro53/f67a_12.jpg

Cole'd Beer
06-17-2007, 09:35 AM
HAHAHAHA THATS FUNNY SH*T.. HOW MUCH DOES HE WANT FOR IT $10,000.00? :eek: :sqeyes:

pro53
06-17-2007, 09:39 AM
HAHAHAHA THATS FUNNY SH*T.. HOW MUCH DOES HE WANT FOR IT $10,000.00? :eek: :sqeyes:
Starting the bidding off at .99 cents with a Reserve.:D

Daytona100
06-17-2007, 09:51 AM
I just tossed a bid for the pos. If I win it i,ll use it as lawn art!!!!!!!!!:D

Fiat48
06-17-2007, 09:52 AM
You have to hand it to the guy. The angles of the pictures....the distance he takes them. Doubt it will ever make reserve but if it does...someone is gonna get hosed big time.

Daytona100
06-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Well it,s up to 600 bucks im out!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Poverty Case
06-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I could use the trailer under my Wickens..Its been through HxLL too. Been in salt water? I'm out! Time for a lynching party!:eek:

Daytona100
06-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Well it,s up to 1525.00. I don,t think he,s going to hit his reserve.

The Doctor
06-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long this boat was submerged and in which ocean?

bigheavyd2
06-19-2007, 06:00 AM
thats boat is on ebay for sale with no motor it at $ 2000.00 + want to see what it gos for.

vigilante07
06-19-2007, 07:13 AM
that boat is for sale on ebay RIGHT NOW UNDER V-DRIVES

Fiat48
06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
I am going to guess the reserve is $4500. And crazy as it may seem..it just may make it.

Poverty Case
06-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh my! Now its $5491.:jawdrop: Hope that nice trailer is not too rusty.:sqeyes: My Goodnes!

pro53
06-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Damn somebody going to be upset.Thats to much money for a rotted Hull.