PDA

View Full Version : KDBA race

River Rat 005
06-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Had a great time. KDBA puts on a good race. We had 9 boats in the TE class. With the new purse structure, that made it $1800 80/20 split. We chased gremlins all weekend, but we qualified #2 with a 9.036 and we brought home the big check. Now if we can get the boat to come off the line before the next race would be great. You guys need to come and try it out.
Tim

rich seibert
06-05-2007, 04:58 PM
congrats on the win in te
who was the person that qualified # 1 in te
where are the races at (exactly) what city/town
tim my friend you have always had the fickle finger of fate on your side
that 1800 will fix alot of gremlins and cover some of your gas
when/where is the next race
got any pics

Liquid Invader
06-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Congrads on the win. Sorry I couldn't be there to soil your fun but I must be chicken s--- in my old age(according to Barry) Glad you had a good time. We may make the next one.
Ceya 383

Murray PE 857
06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Congratulations Tim.

River Rat 005
06-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys for the kudos. See Leland you should have come. I could have used the extra 200.LOL. It was the hardest I've had to work to get a win. See ya there.
Rich, how ya doin? Still got the boat? #1 qualifier was Ashely Ruf. My understanding she is 16, her first race and the boat was Quityourbitchen. I guess they bought the boat like a month ago. I raced the boat last year with a different owner/driver. I took her out in the semi.
The race is at Pisgah Bay, Kentucky Lake. It's at the land between the lakes. The closest town is Grand River, Ky.
The next race is July 7 & 8. They also have one Aug.4 & 5. The last race is Aug. 18 & 19 in Livermore, Ky. It is 1000' to test for Smokin in the Cove.
You can go to www.kdba.net They should have a complete race report up in a couple days.
Tim

ME-678
06-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Great win Tim, you deserved it after all
the trouble and pain.
Glad you and Linda came.
Paul

River Rat 005
06-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks Paul. The hip is doing fine. Still a little sore and a big black and blue spot, but I think I'll live.LOL
The purse at KDBA is based on $200 pure boat. The 10 second class had 15 boats and ran for $3000. Winner got 2400 and RU got 600. Not bad considering what these guys have in those boats.
Tim

Liquid Invader
06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I drove Dana Mullins new Sanger flat Sunday. I think there is still a little nerve left in me. He said that I scared the H--- out of him and I wasn't really all that shookup. It is a pretty harry ride though. It has me thinking about getting the Catch-a-Cole out of the garage. Maybe July?:confused:
ceya then

River Rat 005
06-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Leland, I think you still have it. You just aint been using it these last couple of years. I hear we my be down one boat at the July race. Heard Bob Baker put some engine parts in the bottom of his boat at Creve Cour last weekend. I don't think he removed the pan first. Bummer. We're planning on being there in July. Maybe you can talk Tony into coming. He could probably give them ME guys a run for the money. PE could use Jim and John to up their purse. Hope to see y'al there.
Tim

hydro066
06-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Tim,
Sorry it took so long....had to dig for my password from way back.
Way to go on the win. Which prop did you use?
I see Leland's talking but didn't show up.
I drove Dana Mullins new Sanger flat Sunday. I think there is still a little nerve left in me. He said that I scared the H--- out of him and I wasn't really all that shookup. It is a pretty harry ride though. It has me thinking about getting the Catch-a-Cole out of the garage. Maybe July?
Sorry...dont know how to do the "quote thing" like everyone else. Anyway, that's not the story I heard. I understand Leland needed to do the customary "laundry check" after that pass. Just hearsay of course.
Don't think D&C is gonna make it out this year. That last 5.83 pass at Smokin kinda did it in and the move hasn't gone as well as I thought. Damn, it's a shame to give up that #4 pit spot this year.
Don't think Jim's gonna make it out either. Too busy playing on the river with the new toy.
Hope you're gonna make Augusta. I'm going to to try to come down for a couple of days, at least.
Give Linda a hug for me....Maybe I can do it myself in a few weeks.
John

River Rat 005
06-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey John, better late than never. Been using the 17 prop. I use the 16 to get a little more umph when the air is bad.
Sorry to hear of the boat woes. After you get settled in, you'll get it up and running again I'm sure.
Thats a pretty nice ride Jim's got there. Probably rides a little smoother than the jet.
Augusta, you bet. Only missed one race since 95. We plan on being there on Thursday to get a pit spot. We're also going to Gadsden. Last year between the 2 races, I put 27 passes on the boat. We'll see how it works out this year.
Linda says you got a big hug coming.
See ya down there.
Tim

adjones419
07-04-2007, 02:04 PM
I hear we my be down one boat at the July race. Heard Bob Baker put some engine parts in the bottom of his boat at Creve Cour last weekend. I don't think he removed the pan first.
Actually, Bob just broke his gas pedal so he lost power. Jeff Miller was driving Bob's boat Sunday afternoon in the second chance deal.

River Rat 005
07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
We went to the July race. There was 9 boats in the 9 second class. The purse was 1800 again, not bad. We lost 2 from last month, but picked up 2 new ones this month. Saturday was good weather for racing. Around 90 with low humidity. I was #1 qualifier all day after 4 rounds of qualifying with a best of 9.02. The only trouble I had was with the water pump again and that dam stumble off the line. They had a 5th round that I didn't run. Ashley Ruff slipped in there with a 9.002. Sunday had the humidity back. My first round I was late by a tenth and didn't quite make it up. I ran Dathan Arant, the runner up last month. His 9.03 to my 9.08. See Leland, I can be beat. LOL Theres another race the first weekend of August. It sure sucks going out first round.
Tim

River Rat 005
07-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I made a post yesterday, but it didn't move to the top and show it. Maybe this will.