PDA

View Full Version : Serious Post! A Good Friends Son is Missing

sleekcraft80
06-05-2007, 06:56 PM
A good friend of mine son is missing. Last seen yesterday noon. He is 24 and Autistic. His parents think he might be in Tijuana or the San Diego area. He apparently sold his cell phone so he could have money. When he is off his meds, he gets a little weird but he does not get violent. If any of you people happen to see him contact his moms cell, 909-556-6217 or contact my cell at 951-323-8624.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t19/sleekcraft80/MVC-873F.jpg
His name is Sammy Stewart

Quest4Fun
06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Wow, let's hope for a speedy and safe return.

RitcheyRch
06-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Sure hope they find him. Could never imagine what the family is going through.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-05-2007, 07:04 PM
OMG.. I hope they find him soon unharmed.. Prayers are with him , family, and friends.

sleekcraft80
06-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Two years ago he disappeared around the end of October. They found him in Catalina the day after Thanksgiving. This time it is a little more scary. The American Consulant in Mexico told his parents that they cannot go down there and ask any questions about his whereabouts.

Mrs.Racer277
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I hope they find him soon...Thoughts and prayers for him and the family

DMOORE
06-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Will keep an eye out. Best of luck.
Darrell.

Old boatloanguy
06-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Prayers all around for the safe return.

shrek
06-05-2007, 07:55 PM
This time it is a little more scary. The American Consulant in Mexico told his parents that they cannot go down there and ask any questions about his whereabouts.
What kind of BS is that? Cant go down there? How can they stop them? I say F-that........head down to TJ and then Ensenada and start the search.....
Shrek

LYN-HOS
06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear that.
I live in SD and work for the fire dept here, ill keep my eyes open and pass the word on to the boys.

DMOORE
06-05-2007, 08:34 PM
This time it is a little more scary. The American Consulant in Mexico told his parents that they cannot go down there and ask any questions about his whereabouts.
F**K the American Consulant! A bunch of Mexican KISS A**ES! If it were my son, I'd be there with 10,000 flyers passing them out EVERYWHERE. And a reward.
Darrell.

Jyruiz
06-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Hoping for the best.

sleekcraft80
06-06-2007, 05:58 AM
I'm sure his dad will organize some kind of search thru his work like the last time. He is a Senior BA with the Teamsters union

wsuwrhr
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Posts like this make me sad.
My brother has some similar mental problems and I worry about things like this everyday.
I hope your friend's son returns safe.
Please keep this thread updated.
Brian

wsuwrhr
06-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Yucaipa right?
Why would he be in Mexico?

Just foreplay
06-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Thoughts and prayers for him and his family..

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2007, 05:54 AM
any updates today.
Thoughts and prayers still comin their way.

sleekcraft80
06-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Yucaipa right?
Why would he be in Mexico?
He wanted to go to the beach that day and his mom said no. He apparently got in his truck and just drove. You have to understand that when he isn't taking his meds his thinking is all off. His mom called his cell phone and a mexican guy answered and said he was in tijuana. He said he bought it from him. Sammy will sell anything he has to have money when he isn't thinking right. (off the meds) I have been trying to get a hold of his parents to find out what is going on but haven't been able to. I will keep all of you posted when I hear something

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2007, 06:00 AM
He wanted to go to the beach that day and his mom said no. He apparently got in his truck and just drove. You have to understand that when he isn't taking his meds his thinking is all off. His mom called his cell phone and a mexican guy answered and said he was in tijuana. He said he bought it from him. Sammy will sell anything he has to have money when he isn't thinking right. (off the meds) I have been trying to get a hold of his parents to find out what is going on but haven't been able to. I will keep all of you posted when I hear something
Thank you. :)

wsuwrhr
06-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Unfortunately I do understand, my brother has similar problems
You have to understand that when he isn't
taking his meds his thinking is all off.

Havasu1
06-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I live near Pacific Beach in SD, I'll keep my eyes open and let the peeps know to look out for him.

Aqua Boogie1
06-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Good luck and I hope they find him soon. I have two cousins that have the same condition, so I also know what they are capable of.:(

Baja Big Dog
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Was he off his meds?
Ignorant about the condition, does it lead to this type of behavior normally?
Does he NOT want to be found?
Does he not have access to other money? ie Debit cards, charge cards etc...
What does the truck look like?
Did the border entrance films get reviewed to determine if his truck crossed the border?
Does he have any history in Mexico? Like going to certain places, Rosarito, Ensanada, TJ etc.
Get this quick, we have tour groups crossing the border around 1 PM going to Ensanada.

CarBizIndio
06-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Wow what a resourceful kid to make it to catalina. Are the police informed? They mite be able to red flag that Licence plate or just report the truck stolen.

HokeySon
06-07-2007, 10:13 AM
The American Consulant in Mexico told his parents that they cannot go down there and ask any questions about his whereabouts.
I am sorry if this seems like a bad question at this time, but I do not understand this. Did the consolate tell the parents not to go down and ask questions or that the consolate wouldn't help? Just trying to understand. Either way it seems wrong.

zudnic
06-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Hope they find the Guy.... The Consulate maybe concerned with the parents trying to deal with the Mexican cops. The latter are very corrupt and likely would run a con game on the family....

Jane
06-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow what a resourceful kid to make it to catalina. Are the police informed? They mite be able to red flag that Licence plate or just report the truck stolen.Who said Catalina?:confused: :confused:

CarBizIndio
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Who said Catalina?:confused: :confused:
The Gardener.

barbigrl
06-07-2007, 02:00 PM
My brother is autistic...I could imagine what those parents are going through. I would freak out!
Best of luck!

topless
06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
The Gardener.
I really don't think is a thread to be joking in.:rolleyes:

wsuwrhr
06-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Wow what a resourceful kid to make it to catalina. Are the police informed? They mite be able to red flag that Licence plate or just report the truck stolen.
DO NOT report the truck stolen.
I am sure this would become a crime, even if it is for good intentions.

wsuwrhr
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Any updates?

sleekcraft80
06-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Was he off his meds?
Ignorant about the condition, does it lead to this type of behavior normally?
Does he NOT want to be found?
Does he not have access to other money? ie Debit cards, charge cards etc...
What does the truck look like?
Did the border entrance films get reviewed to determine if his truck crossed the border?
Does he have any history in Mexico? Like going to certain places, Rosarito, Ensanada, TJ etc.
Get this quick, we have tour groups crossing the border around 1 PM going to Ensanada.
He has been off his meds since Monday. I talked to his mom this morning. She said that his dad just got back frm Mexico late last night. He was there for two days and could not find him. They found the truck on this side of the border so apparently he walked in. He doesn't have any money or extra clothes. All he had was the clothes he was wearing. Also as I understand, the people who has his cell phone are gangster type people. This is getting really scary:(

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
He has been off his meds since Monday. I talked to his mom this morning. She said that his dad just got back frm Mexico late last night. He was there for two days and could not find him. They found the truck on this side of the border so apparently he walked in. He doesn't have any money or extra clothes. All he had was the clothes he was wearing. Also as I understand, the people who has his cell phone are gangster type people. This is getting really scary:(
oh that is not good.. We are still praying for his safe return.

wsuwrhr
06-07-2007, 05:45 PM
...sad.
I was hoping for something better. I wish I could help or offer something positive.
Brian

topless
06-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I feel so bad for them right now. More prayers here. This kind of stuff makes me hate illegals even more. They won't help us but make damn sure we help them.

Mrs.Racer277
06-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Still praying for a safe return

Baja Big Dog
06-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Keep us informed, this really sucks...
The Gardener.
Hey carBizIndio...hopefully I am misreading your what appears to be a smart ass remark, if so thats good, if you intended this as a smart ass remark or some type of joke I highly suggest you delete your post.

CarBizIndio
06-07-2007, 09:17 PM
You did misread the inside joke, go cry to some one else.
Keep us informed, this really sucks...
Hey carBizIndio...hopefully I am misreading your what appears to be a smart ass remark, if so thats good, if you intended this as a smart ass remark or some type of joke I highly suggest you delete your post.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2007, 09:21 PM
You did misread the inside joke, go cry to some one else.
I don't think this is the right thread to start shiat in.:)

topless
06-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't think this is the right thread to start shiat in.:)Thing is, I told him that too. I also recall him trying to make money off of someone eles tragedy. I honestly think he needs to take a hike. This site is not the place for profit from others losses. Get lost while you still can asswipe.

Rexone
06-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Thread needs to stay on topic. Those who want to do otherwise or jack around need to take it to another thread or PM. :)

topless
06-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Still in our thoughts and prayers. The comradery (msp I think) on this site is second to none and is more powerful than one might think. I've been here for a long time and seen many things that normally would have been a tragic ending but with all of us pulling together and with prayer, miracles have happened, I've seen it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Still in our thoughts and prayers. The comradery (msp I think) on this site is second to none and is more powerful than one might think. I've been here for a long time and seen many things that normally would have been a tragic ending but with all of us pulling together and with prayer, miracles have happened, I've seen it.
Amen to that.
Prayers are flowin for a safe return.:)

sleekcraft80
06-08-2007, 06:36 AM
I heard this morning that his dad got a call from a guy in mexico that saw one of the flyers that they put up. He said that he saw Sammy. So things are starting to look good. His dad is heading back down there today.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2007, 06:40 AM
I heard this morning that his dad got a call from a guy in mexico that saw one of the flyers that they put up. He said that he saw Sammy. So things are starting to look good. His dad is heading back down there today.
That is good news. Hopefully it is not to get money out of them.
Possitive thoughts.
Come on Sammy it's time to come home.

sleekcraft80
06-08-2007, 07:02 AM
They put a $500 reward on the flyer for a safe return. I think it got somebody's attention

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
They put a $500 reward on the flyer for a safe return. I think it got somebody's attention
Lets all hope for the best and the safe return.:)

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Blow me sweetheart.
Thing is, I told him that too. I also recall him trying to make money off of someone eles tragedy. I honestly think he needs to take a hike. This site is not the place for profit from others losses. Get lost while you still can asswipe.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Blow me sweetheart.
Take it to another thread. Wasn't Rexone clear enough?

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Sounds good, just gota have the last word :devil:
Take it to another thread. Wasn't Rexone clear enough?

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Sounds good, just gota have the last word :devil:
Thank you.:)

Baja Big Dog
06-08-2007, 08:07 AM
They have obviously had dealing with Mexico before, the reward is the best thing they can do.
I have dealt with the loss of a son, I would like to say that I know what they are going through waiting for good news......But I don't. The waiting is the worst.
Im not religious, but I hope someone higher than us is helping....
I will kick in $50 towards the reward, if they need it.

topless
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Blow me sweetheart.
Fock you with your own dick. You need to take this shit to another thread. I've only seen you posts trying to take advantage of others misfortunes. I'm sorry mister but that doesn't fly too well around here. You want to get blown???? Go blow yourself.:mad: :mad:

Old Texan
06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Hopefully they are being extremely cautious when following up flyer leads with the reward posting. Plenty of bad guys will not hesitate to use their desperation to lure them in with hopes of stealing the cash and worse.
Hiring a Mexican lawyer or "trusted" private detective may make sense.....just a thought, I'd hate to see these poor folks suffer anymore grief.

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Ok you hypocrite you say you want to move this to a different thread but yet you keep this going. What the hell is wrong with you? Get a clue moron.
Fock you with your own dick. You need to take this shit to another thread. I've only seen you posts trying to take advantage of others misfortunes. I'm sorry mister but that doesn't fly too well around here. You want to get blown???? Go blow yourself.:mad: :mad:

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Here is some helpful info from the guy no one wants around. So some gangster has his phone? Go online to the website of the cell company and pull up a list of recent calls, most likely who ever stole his phone has called or text some one. Get that phone # of who he called or text and run a search on that phone # and get an address, you mite be able to go to that address and find more info on your son. Or you can go on a rampage and burn down every home address that is related to the person who stole his phone.

topless
06-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Ok you hypocrite you say you want to move this to a different thread but yet you keep this going. What the hell is wrong with you? Get a clue moron.
I keep it going????? Hmmmm:idea: :confused:
Still more prayers for his safe return. I can't imagine have one of my children come up missing. We are pulling for him.

topless
06-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Here is some helpful info from the guy no one wants around. So some gangster has his phone? Go online to the website of the cell company and pull up a list of recent calls, most likely who ever stole his phone has called or text some one. Get that phone # of who he called or text and run a search on that phone # and get an address, you mite be able to go to that address and find more info on your son. Or you can go on a rampage and burn down every home address that is related to the person who stole his phone.
Nobody stole his phone. He sold it to some guy in TJ.

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Sounds like he doesn't want to be found.

topless
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Sounds like he doesn't want to be found.
Please read the first posts. He is autistic and is not on his medication so is not thinking straight.

lucky
06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Holley shit - MOVE IT BOTH OF YOU !!! Show some Respect Carbiz dude Topless - I'll unleash you later to tear his ass up !:D

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Hopefully when he turns up the parents will take his truck away and every one will learn from his mistakes.

Biglue
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Hopefully when he turns up the parents will take his truck away and every one will learn from his mistakes.
Same could be said about taking your computer away.......:rolleyes:
My best thoughts with the family and a finding their son.

MudPumper
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
You guys are like a bunch of kids, start acting like adults and have some respect. If you want to act like kids, start your own thread. Let it go.

SummitKarl
06-08-2007, 07:00 PM
FOUND
I just got off the phone with Jeff, they found him:D :D in T.J. and the fricken federalies made them pay to get him back:mad: :mad: oh I fuchin hate mexico with a passion:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
FOUND
I just got off the phone with Jeff, they found him:D :D in T.J. and the fricken federalies made them pay to get him back:mad: :mad: oh I fuchin hate mexico with a passion:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Phucking awesome, news I have been waiting to hear

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2007, 07:04 PM
:mad: FOUND
Now we should take all their people here and send them all THE F U C K back. Take theie checks, welfare, food stamps and all :mad:
Very happy they got their son safely.

Mr. C
06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
That is awesome F'n news. I'm glad everything worked out for the best.

Mrs.Racer277
06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I am sooooooooooooooooo happy to hear that he has been found. :)

topless
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm so glad he is safe. How scary for the parents.

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 07:55 PM
So glad he is safe and back in the USA

zudnic
06-08-2007, 07:58 PM
The $500 is most likely why the Consulate did'nt want to invovle the Mexican so called authorities. Since he's returned I'll say it. Mexican Cops have a habit of fake charging American nieve kids and even bringing them before corrupt "judges" to extort money from them. There has even been cases where foreign kids are in jail and the Cops will phone the parents telling them their kid is in the hospital and we need several grand for emergency surgery. The law enforcement in Mexico is as corrupt as they come, hence why outside of tourist area's the place is a third world dump!!!!!
He's lucky to be out alive to be truthfull. Lots of suspicious deaths of young foreign tourists, if you pull the I'm American, etc I have not done anything wrong. The Cops there have been known to show with force that your not in America anymore!!!!

topless
06-08-2007, 08:00 PM
The $500 is most likely why the Consulate did'nt want to invovle the Mexican so called authorities. Since he's returned I'll say it. Mexican Cops have a habit of fake charging American nieve kids and even bringing them before corrupt "judges" to extort money from them. There has even been cases where foreign kids are in jail and the Cops will phone the parents telling them their kid is in the hospital and we need several grand for emergency surgery. The law enforcement in Mexico is as corrupt as they come, hence why outside of tourist area's the place is a third world dump!!!!!
He's lucky to be out alive to be truthfull. Lots of suspicious deaths of young foreign tourists, if you pull the I'm American, etc I have not done anything wrong. The Cops there have been known to show with force that your not in America anymore!!!!Go tell SWB because since he didn't see it on the news, he thinks it isn't so.

zudnic
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Go tell SWB because since he didn't see it on the news, he thinks it isn't so.
MSNBC did a report on spring break and said much the same thing. A friend of my family is a former diplomat, he said the worst postings for foreign govs cops ripping off Americans was Mexico, the most dangerous is Columbia for tourists, he said at least its criminals and not the Cops mugging young naive tourists...........

sleekcraft80
06-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I just got off the phone with his mom, they took him to the hospital to get him all checked out. She is suppose to call me tonight or tomorrow. I will get the details at that time.

rocket98
06-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I am so glad that he is back yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa. this is a good time story. If I ever have a problem with anything I;m coming to this Great Group of people This is unreal. Y;all the best

76ANTHONY
06-08-2007, 09:58 PM
awesome, glad hes back with his parents.....:D :D

Parker Dreamin
06-09-2007, 11:12 AM
great news....

sleekcraft80
06-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I talked to his mom this morning and she said that the hospital ran a bunch of tests yesterday to see if he was given any drugs or he was hurt in any way. They all came out negative. He is fine. He is still in the hospital so he can get his meds all straightened out. He should be out of the hospital probably by Monday. And BTW, the money did not go to the Federalles but to the gangster who had him.

Big Warlock
06-11-2007, 07:37 AM
So this was a kidnapping and extortion case? Just want to be clear.
Thanks

topless
06-11-2007, 08:10 AM
So this was a kidnapping and extortion case? Just want to be clear.
ThanksI don't think it was a kidnapping. He was mad at mom for telling him he couldn't go to the beach, he was off his meds and decided to leave but had no money. You have to remember that he is autistic and not on his medications. He sold his phone in TJ, some gang bangers there got him and found out about the reward money so returned him. I'm just glad he's back home and safe.

HOLLYWOOD
06-11-2007, 01:09 PM
i will certainly send to as many people as i can. The more eyes the better. Our prayers are with the family.
Holly

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Am I the only one a little confused as to how an Autistic person has a Drivers License, let alone a truck?
Before you all go off on some rant calling me an insensitvie SOB.. I have a mentally ill brother that's normal 80% of the time (when he's on his meds), I (we) do everything in our power to make sure he doesn't get a license again, or a car.. That other 20% he ain't thinking straight and shouldn't be driving period. I think the same should go for all people with diagnosed mental problems (or challenges).
On a side note, whether the people were gang members or not, people shouldn't talk down on them. Ultimately they did find and return the missing person, and recieved what was promised by the flier?
RD

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
i will certainly send to as many people as i can. The more eyes the better. Our prayers are with the family.
Holly
Holly, they found him already.
RD

Itsahobby
06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
There are many very high functioning people with Autism. Most of which have Apengers(sp) symdrom. These people can be very normal in most ways and just consider loners.
If you are a reader, pic up a copy of Unstranged Minds by Roy Grinker. Or, Visit the Cure autism now website.
Am I the only one a little confused as to how an Autistic person has a Drivers License, let alone a truck?
Before you all go off on some rant calling me an insensitvie SOB.. I have a mentally ill brother that's normal 80% of the time (when he's on his meds), I (we) do everything in our power to make sure he doesn't get a license again, or a car.. That other 20% he ain't thinking straight and shouldn't be driving period. I think the same should go for all people with diagnosed mental problems (or challenges).
On a side note, whether the people were gang members or not, people shouldn't talk down on them. Ultimately they did find and return the missing person, and recieved what was promised by the flier?
RD

essexjet
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
There are many very high functioning people with Autism. Most of which have Apengers(sp) symdrom. These people can be very normal in most ways and just consider loners.
If you are a reader, pic up a copy of Unstraged Minds by Roy Grinker. Or, Visit the Cure autism now website.
Asberger's Syndrome ex girlfriends brother has it, very functioning.

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
If you are a reader, pic up a copy of Unstraged Minds by Roy Grinker. Or, Visit the Cure autism now website.
Asberger's Syndrome ex girlfriends brother has it, very functioning.
Are you guys kidding?

essexjet
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Are you guys kidding?
Nope
http://www.webcare.md/ArticleDisplay30c1506.aspx

Itsahobby
06-11-2007, 05:16 PM
My 15 year old has autism, so no, I am not kidding.
Here is another place you can read more about autism.
http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php
Are you guys kidding?

sleekcraft80
06-11-2007, 06:54 PM
First of all, due to his illness he thinks that there are no bad people in the world. So now the story. He had saved some money from his monthly checks and decided to go to Mexico to buy some land near the beach. He thought he could do this with about a thousand dollars. He wanted to surprise his parents when he did this, and maybe build a little at a time. He met somebody down there that he thought was his friend that could help him do this. He didn't have the money on him. He wasn't given any drugs or anything bad. He got lucky. His dad and a spanish speaking friend went down there and handed out flyers. Friday his dad received a phone call from a guy down there who said that he had seen him. On Saturday his dad went down to TJ and told them he wanted his son. He told them to return the cell phone and his son and he would give them the $500. They said that they didn't have the phone, they knew they were lying. So his dad told them to keep the phone and gave them $300 and brought his son home. Like I said, he doesn't know that there are bad/evil people in this world.
Jeff

sleekcraft80
06-11-2007, 06:55 PM
RD
No more wheels for him as I understand!

topless
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't have first hand experience with mental illness (unless you count myself) but i do know that autism is not the same in every individual so you can't categorize it. That being said, who is to say that the parents had no reason not to trust the son. They thought he was on his medication that made him function normally and also to obtain a drivers license. I'm not being a judge or jury here but as a parent myself, I always want to give the benefit of the doubt. Again, I'm glad for the happy ending. This must have been a very hard and emotional ordeal.

wsuwrhr
06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
I am just elated that nothing bad happened to him.
I am glad he is OK
First of all, due to his illness he thinks that there are no bad people in the world. So now the story. He had saved some money from his monthly checks and decided to go to Mexico to buy some land near the beach. He thought he could do this with about a thousand dollars. He wanted to surprise his parents when he did this, and maybe build a little at a time. He met somebody down there that he thought was his friend that could help him do this. He didn't have the money on him. He wasn't given any drugs or anything bad. He got lucky. His dad and a spanish speaking friend went down there and handed out flyers. Friday his dad received a phone call from a guy down there who said that he had seen him. On Saturday his dad went down to TJ and told them he wanted his son. He told them to return the cell phone and his son and he would give them the $500. They said that they didn't have the phone, they knew they were lying. So his dad told them to keep the phone and gave them $300 and brought his son home. Like I said, he doesn't know that there are bad/evil people in this world.
Jeff

Itsahobby
06-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Exactly, great explanation.
Most people that have autism are concrete thinkers and do not comprehend consequence, at least until before they act and something happens.
I have to tell you, this young man's running off really hit home for me. I am very happy to hear he is home and safe.
Jeff

HavaSkank
06-12-2007, 07:56 AM
I'll be the first to admit Im not well versed in mental illness, so I too am a bit confused how someone that delusional is legally permitted to operate a vehicle.
Property for $1000?...even in Mexico! He was "mad" because he couldn't go to the beach? He sold his only source of communication with his family?
How does someone with that capacity negotiate a busy intersection or have the where-with-all to remain calm in order to exchange information after a fender bender?
Im a big supporter in taking driver's licenses away from seniors who have no business behind the wheel. The same SHOULD apply with those who are slightly "functional."

sleekcraft80
06-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I'll be the first to admit Im not well versed in mental illness, so I too am a bit confused how someone that delusional is legally permitted to operate a vehicle.
Property for $1000?...even in Mexico! He was "mad" because he couldn't go to the beach? He sold his only source of communication with his family?
How does someone with that capacity negotiate a busy intersection or have the where-with-all to remain calm in order to exchange information after a fender bender?
Im a big supporter in taking driver's licenses away from seniors who have no business behind the wheel. The same SHOULD apply with those who are slightly "functional."
He is still in the hospital so as to get the medication back to normal. He was able to get a drivers license about a year and a half ago. He even had a regular job until he got bored with it and quit. His license and his truck will not be available to him after this ordeal according to his mom. he will be watched a little closer now. This is a really hard thing for his parents because his dad is gone on business trips at least 2 to 3 weeks a month and his mom works all week. So he spends a lot of time alone. He doesn't have any friends his age, just his sister and a couple of cousins. Basicly family and most of them are his parents age. I go check on him occasionally when I am not at work just to see if he is ok and take him to lunch or take him lunch. When he gets out of the hospital I will keep you all informed on his progress.
Jeff