PDA

View Full Version : K boats vs Dragboats

Jetboatguru
09-28-2003, 09:17 PM
I got a chance to drive Billy B's K boat at Needles on a quiet day during the week. Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!. There is no comparison between the 2 different styles of boats. The dragboat will tear your head off for the first 5 or 6 seconds you have to work hard to get the boat to set and accelerate down the 1/4 mile. The tough part comes from trying to run it as efficiently as possible without tipping it over. The dragboats are light and twitchy.
The K boat is a totally different monster. You are fighting with this thing over rollers and through rough water while trying to go fast. You are working your ass off the whole time. It takes all your energy and leaves you out of breath. The difficult part of driving a K boat for me was coming out of a turn and trying to get the boat to set and not go to the moon. The boat torques the opposite way of the dragboat and that is a weird feeling. I definitely got my rocks off driving the K boat. Sorry, not jumping ship, just telling it the way I see it.

WILDERTHANU
09-28-2003, 09:36 PM
....I GOT THAT BLUE & WHITE K BOAT

Kindsvater Flat
09-28-2003, 09:37 PM
What kind of paperwork was signed prior to you operating this K-boat? :D

GofastRacer
09-29-2003, 05:14 AM
Yeah, totally two different animals huh!. Just think having 3 boats on each side of ya for 5 laps!.. eek! :D :D

BigBoyToys
09-29-2003, 05:17 AM
Is there a chance we may be seeing JBG shoeing a K-Boat occasionally in the future? That would be so cool to see! eek! :D :D

Morg
09-29-2003, 05:17 AM
smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp

BILLY.B
09-29-2003, 05:42 AM
Jetboatguru:
I got a chance to drive Billy B's K boat at Needles on a quiet day during the week. Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!. There is no comparison between the 2 different styles of boats. The dragboat will tear your head off for the first 5 or 6 seconds you have to work hard to get the boat to set and accelerate down the 1/4 mile. The tough part comes from trying to run it as efficiently as possible without tipping it over. The dragboats are light and twitchy.
The K boat is a totally different monster. You are fighting with this thing over rollers and through rough water while trying to go fast. You are working your ass off the whole time. It takes all your energy and leaves you out of breath. The difficult part of driving a K boat for me was coming out of a turn and trying to get the boat to set and not go to the moon. The boat torques the opposite way of the dragboat and that is a weird feeling. I definitely got my rocks off driving the K boat. Sorry, not jumping ship, just telling it the way I see it. Especially those down river turns :D :D eek! . It was a kick in the ASS watching the boat run as I haven't seen that in along time. I really thought that Tony would say that it was a weak suck, but he really seemed to like it. :cool:

smalls
09-29-2003, 06:01 AM
K-526? Or is it SS Tony. eek!
Remember You will never beat Phill,,,,,,,,, jawdrop

ssmike
09-29-2003, 07:34 AM
WHERE'S THE MOTHER F---IN PREACHER??????

Jetboatguru
09-29-2003, 08:33 AM
ssmike:
WHERE'S THE MOTHER F---IN PREACHER?????? Mike, you had to bring up that guy. I am still having nightmares hearing that raspy drunk voice.
Smally, it would have to be a K boat. There really is no comparison between the 2 styles. I always wondered why Billy always wore his helmet and now I know. (Besides safety,) your eyes get watered up and you have to squint all the time. With the full face helmet you can run with your eyes wide open and see all the little mystery rollers.
Oh by the way,
this is up for sale..............
http://dragboats.com/gallery/images/02_11_IHBA_4866_977.jpg
[ September 29, 2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Jetboatguru ]

WILDERTHANU
09-29-2003, 08:40 AM
I'LL TAKE IT......

gunslinger
09-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Sounds like driving a K- boat is alot like drilling a fat chick. Lots of work, leaves you worn out, full face protection for all the rollers, big and heavy.......... Not that I'd know, my chick is only 245lbs soaking wet. eek!

smalls
09-29-2003, 09:02 PM
How Much?

Jetboatguru
09-29-2003, 10:26 PM
smalls:
How Much? If you have to ask then you can't afford it!!!!!! :D :D
Come on Smalley, this boat would put you over the top.
[ September 29, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Jetboatguru ]

ssmike
09-30-2003, 08:27 AM
smalls:
How Much? Wow, looks fast. Could a mullet drive that? :confused:

Jetboatguru
09-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Even the mullettest of mullets could drive it. It's a J thing Mike. If you weren't 6 feet 28 inches tall You could hot lap it. Maybe I can roll the down peddle forward for ya and you can take it for a spin. Are you going to Berryessa this weekend?

smalls
09-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Jetboatguru:
smalls:
How Much? If you have to ask then you can't afford it!!!!!! :D :D
Come on Smalley, this boat would put you over the top. It would be hard to part with the ZZ,,,,,,,,,,, cry

MandDPerformance
09-30-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm only 6'1" tall. Can I hot lap it? :)
What's up Smalls?
I've got room for you if you want to come down for Irvine. 20 minutes from lake. My house.

smalls
09-30-2003, 09:00 PM
MandDPerformance:
I'm only 6'1" tall. Can I hot lap it? :)
What's up Smalls?
I've got room for you if you want to come down for Irvine. 20 minutes from lake. My house. Actually I may need a place to put my boat on saturday?

Jetboatguru
09-30-2003, 09:00 PM
You are more than welcome to take it for a spin. I'll drive your boat and you can tell all your friends you beat me. :D :D
Did you fix your problem?
Mine is still down with a cracked head. It should be ready to kick the living crap out of the Dookie Doo. argue

MandDPerformance
09-30-2003, 09:05 PM
My Nor Cal Friends you are all welcome to keep your toys at my house on Saturday if you so desire. I've got a large piece of property and plenty of parking for 4 boats + behind a locked gate.
Guru,
Sad But True!!! frown

Jetboatguru
09-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Tony,
I may take you up on the boat storage for a day. I have to run to SD to visit a buddy in the hospital. Maybe dinner Saturday night? Sound like a plan?

smalls
09-30-2003, 09:08 PM
MandDPerformance:
My Nor Cal Friends you are all welcome to keep your toys at my house on Saturday if you so desire. I've got a large piece of property and plenty of parking for 4 boats + behind a locked gate.
Guru,
Sad But True!!! :( Bet You will even tune um up while we are gone, LOL
Check you PM's

Jimmy Jam Jam Jim
09-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Dang, alls I want to know is are we gonna party saturday night or what.

Kindsvater Flat
09-30-2003, 09:10 PM
maybe I need to come down and whoop all your asses!

Jimmy Jam Jam Jim
09-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
maybe I need to come down and whoop all your asses! Dang, you better let your kid drive then.

No.1 Gurupie
09-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Jimmy Jam Jam Jim:
Dang, alls I want to know is are we gonna party saturday night or what. did somebuddy say PARTY?

Jimmy Jam Jam Jim
09-30-2003, 09:13 PM
Dang i did, you can all stay at my farm.

Kindsvater Flat
09-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Jimmy Jam Jam Jim:
Kindsvater Flat:
maybe I need to come down and whoop all your asses! Dang, you better let your kid drive then. What was I thinking? DUH!!! I have a Mopar. :D

Jetboatguru
09-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh shit

smalls
09-30-2003, 09:17 PM
wink LOL! Good night

Bad Meds
10-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Here you go Smalls. You look right at home !
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/185Smalls_in_Tony_s_boat-med.JPG

smalls
10-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Bad Meds:
Here you go Smalls. You look right at home !
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/185Smalls_in_Tony_s_boat-med.JPG All I can say is,, DANG!
I guess the cat's out of the bag,,,,,,, wink
Any one wan't to buy the ZZ TR4?
[ October 01, 2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: smalls ]

Jetboatguru
10-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Damn I forgot about that day. Smalls does look right at home. I'll take cash or money orders.

smalls
10-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Jetboatguru:
Damn I forgot about that day. Smalls does look right at home. I'll take cash or money orders. Sh!t you can even see my HEAD in that boat,,,,, :confused:

Bad Meds
10-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Your right !!!! LOL
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/185smalls1-med.JPG
I think here you were praying
" I wish I could own this boat "
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/185smalls6-med.JPG

MandDPerformance
10-01-2003, 01:43 PM
smalls:
Jetboatguru:
Damn I forgot about that day. Smalls does look right at home. I'll take cash or money orders. Sh!t you can even see my HEAD in that boat,,,,, :confused: :D :D :D :D Hah Hah Hah!!!! LOL

O.B eddie
10-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Bad Meds:
Your right !!!! LOL
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/185smalls1-med.JPG
I think here you were praying
" I wish I could own this boat "
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/185smalls6-med.JPG No i think he was looking for the head he lost a short time ago!

ColeTR1
10-01-2003, 03:30 PM
It’s all about the HP Alcohol+Blower+Bird Catcher. If you put those three things on your runner bottom it to will be a totally different monster too!! :)

Sangster
10-01-2003, 04:32 PM
These are N/A Nos setups..Bring your blown, injected, intercooled deal on...Carb setups rule.....

ColeTR1
10-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Sangster:
Bring your blown, injected, intercooled deal on...Carb setups rule..... If Carbs rule! How come boats like this don't run them? :confused:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738AirHydro.jpg
Top Drag Boat
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/34Lance_faulknar-med.jpg
Top K Boat
[ October 01, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: ColeTR1 ]

Sangster
10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Dude...Your talkin' Peaches & Pineapples...I was refereing to Tony's & Smalls boats..N/A with NOS compared to a Blown Injected deal in the same class.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FLYTE RISK
10-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Sangster:
These are N/A Nos setups..Bring your blown, injected, intercooled deal on...Carb setups rule..... Hey sangster how did you guys run in bakersfield?? You ready for N.Y.D oh junior also?I put the motor back in the motorhome and pulled the one from the ski sanger. Hopefully will be ready to go N.Y.D.. Cant wait!! :D

Sangster
10-01-2003, 05:52 PM
FLYTE RISK:
Sangster:
These are N/A Nos setups..Bring your blown, injected, intercooled deal on...Carb setups rule..... Hey sangster how did you guys run in bakersfield?? You ready for N.Y.D oh junior also?I put the motor back in the motorhome and pulled the one from the ski sanger. Hopefully will be ready to go N.Y.D.. Cant wait!! :D Flyte....Whats up...Jeff boat ran a 9.7 off the trailer.. No Nos....Had a great time..You going to PCR this weekend

FLYTE RISK
10-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Sangster:
FLYTE RISK:
Sangster:
These are N/A Nos setups..Bring your blown, injected, intercooled deal on...Carb setups rule..... Hey sangster how did you guys run in bakersfield?? You ready for N.Y.D oh junior also?I put the motor back in the motorhome and pulled the one from the ski sanger. Hopefully will be ready to go N.Y.D.. Cant wait!! :D Flyte....Whats up...Jeff boat ran a 9.7 off the trailer.. No Nos....Had a great time..You going to PCR this weekend Right on , no P.C.R is out Monkey bungs brother is gettin married in san luis this weekend.. Plus the hondo is apart and farmed out all over the bay area! Maybe next time you goin to C>f>w N.Y.D? Hopefully mine will be ready.

Sangster
10-01-2003, 06:00 PM
We're selling one of the boats...Too buy another..But we will be there with one boat for sure....We'll see you there if not before..... :D :D
[ October 01, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

ColeTR1
10-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Sangster:
Dude...Your talkin' Peaches & Pineapples...I was refereing to Tony's & Smalls boats..N/A with NOS compared to a Blown Injected deal in the same class.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry I thought the topic was K boat vs. Drag Boat I didn’t know we where talking same class. I think jetboatguru is the one comparing Peaches & Pineapples. If jetboatguru put a BAF motor in his boat it would be a better comparison! And I still Know fuel blower and injection will always make more power, then anything that has carbs and NOS on it. That’s why the top class in both sports run fuel blowers and injection!
wink

BILLY.B
10-01-2003, 06:41 PM
ColeTR1:
Sangster:
Dude...Your talkin' Peaches & Pineapples...I was refereing to Tony's & Smalls boats..N/A with NOS compared to a Blown Injected deal in the same class.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry I thought the topic was K boat vs. Drag Boat I didn’t know we where talking same class. I think jetboatguru is the one comparing Peaches & Pineapples. If jetboatguru put a BAF motor in his boat it would be a better comparison! And I still Know fuel blower and injection will always make more power, then anything that has carbs and NOS on it. That’s why the top class in both sports run fuel blowers and injection!
wink YEAH, what ColeTR1 said :D :D :p

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-01-2003, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ColeTR1: If jetboatguru put a BAF motor in his boat it would be a better comparison!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought guru was referring to the Blown Alky flat that he races when compairing these boats. :confused:
It doesn't matter anyway...a true compairison would require Guru driving in a circle race!!! wink
Or maybe talking Oxbig in shoein that bad boy.
Either way I think Guru would be up to the challenge! :)

ColeTR1
10-01-2003, 07:08 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
A true compairison would require Guru driving in a circle race!!! wink Or maybe talking Oxbig in shoein that bad boy. Either way I think Guru would be up to the challenge! :) wink wink wink

WaterBox
10-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Give Guru a little seat time in a new Revenge K, And all those circle boy's would be in Trouble. :p :D :p

FlatStupid
10-01-2003, 07:56 PM
WaterBox:
Give Guru a little seat time in a new Revenge K, And all those circle boy's would be in Trouble. :p :D :p Maybe Maybe not there's been a lotta fine shoes who could mash the right pedal at the same time they turned left. Different gig and I'm sure there's some left handers that would love a shot at the champ. :D :D

Jetboatguru
10-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Cole TR1,
I have driven a TAF to a 6.66 @ 160mph and I have driven Billy B's K boat. No comparison!!!!!
The sensation of driving a TAF is buffered by the capsule. The tear your head off speed is there but for only 6-7 seconds. The K boat is a constant rush and the only time you relax is when you are slowing down to turn left. I was by myself when I was running around in the K boat. I can't imagine going into a turn 5 or 6 wide. I would love to get one of John and Fred Harts Revenge boats. I know these guys have been doing this for many years and know whats up.
Either way, K boats and dragboats are both racing so I love them both.
[ October 02, 2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Jetboatguru ]

FlatStupid
10-02-2003, 05:14 AM
Either way, K boats and dragboats are both racing so I love them both. [/QB][/QUOTE]
And that's why your the Champ!! :D :D

WaterBox
10-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Jetboatguru:
Cole TR1,
I have driven a TAF to a 6.66 @ 160mph and I have driven Billy B's K boat. No comparison!!!!!
The sensation of driving a TAF is buffered by the capsule. The tear your head off speed is there but for only 6-7 seconds. The K boat is a constant rush and the only time you relax is when you are slowing down to turn left. I was by myself when I was running around in the K boat. I can't imagine going into a turn 5 or 6 wide. I would love to get one of John and Fred Harts Revenge boats. I know these guys have been doing this for many years and know whats up.
Either way, K boats and dragboats are both racing so I love them both. Well Guru, After a little seat time you'll get over the, "slow down to turn left" You'll learn to Plat it and "turn left". eek! eek!