PDA

View Full Version : How was the Rhino trip???

caroftheweek
02-13-2006, 07:34 AM
ok guys and girls, seeing as how i am still jealous for not being able to make it out with all of you, rub it in some more and tell me how the weekend went?
Ryan

sigepmock
02-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Trip was good, thanks for asking. Wind picked up a little on Sat but not too bad. I didn't get as many rides in as I wanted because the whole family was still fighting that cold but over all a great trip. We'll have to get some more Rhino group rides in next time, maybe head for the bigger dunes too.
Hopefully somebody got some pics because as usual I didn't.

Mrs. casean
02-13-2006, 08:37 AM
It was a great trip and a great mix of people in the group! The wind was nothing to worry about luckily! Died down in the evening and had a great night! The Rhino was lots of fun out there! Us girls even took them for a ride to the hill and back...that was fun! It was nice to meet new people and see everyone. I did get a picture of our Rhino towing out the Jeep :crossx: And a few others but not as many as I wish I did! The razor backs weren't fun though on the bikes or the Rhinos! They were everywhere! But we all had a safe fun weekend. Thanks to you all for a great trip~ Maybe we can all get out there St. Patty's Day Weekend? We will have to do more Rhino trips for sure! Good times :D

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 08:43 AM
The trip was great and the new Rhino ran flawlessly.We did a couple good runs to Olds and the Sand drags and I am very impressed with what a almost stock Rhino can handle.If I would have had my ice chest strapped down a little better I would have made it through the whoops on sand highway almost unscaved tapped out around 40mph.(Thanks again Chris and Carrie for picking up my dropped beer;))
Weather couldn't have been better and I have a simi farmers tan to prove it.
Jen and I went on a solo trip staurday and got into some pretty big dunes on our way to olds.The Rhino never complained but I could see the concern in Jens eyes so we tamed it down a bit and took some medium size dunes instead.You would hate to roll that thing alone and not have another Rhino or quad to pull you over.(We did have GPS and a cel phone on us)
Overall a great weekend with some really cool people. :)

Magic34
02-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Glad everyone had fun. My weekend sucked!!!!!!
After the RV dealer F'ed the entire weekend up for me (it was completely Beaudry RV fault) I decided to take the boat out on Saturday, left at 10:30 and got to the lake at 12:30, only to get it off the trailer, find that an impeller was toast and put it right back on the trailer.
So I got home at 3:30 and locked myself in the house. I couldn't take it anymore.
SPAM...... All the toys I own are for sale, make an offer!!!! :cry: :cry:

caroftheweek
02-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Sorry man. when it rains, it pours. just think, if you sold the boat and trailer, then what would you have to look forward to on the weekends? then you would not need that big truck so you would have to sell that. then you would not need that big garage to keep it all in. So now you need to sell the house. and on and on. see where that leads? keep your bitchen stuff. :) :)

sigepmock
02-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear about the trouble Michael, we'll have to make it up later.
We'll definately have to do another trip in March and maybe this time we'll actually do a little partying.....Deanno came over to the camp both nights and I think he was pretty dissappointed.......no party, no explosions, no night rides.....WE SUCK :cry:
Thanks for taking the time anyway Deanno, it was great meeting you and your family, that rail of your's aint half bad either.
And thanks to everyone that out sorry if we hid in the moho too much, we'll shake this cold and be ready for another trip soon.
Chris

riverbound
02-13-2006, 09:48 AM
I had a blast and will make it to the next one (maybe even stay the whole weekend :D)
We ended up goign to Ocotillo.....NO WIND :D, but the riding is better in Glamis.
Group pic (Friday)
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11242&stc=1
The Jeep thought he could go every where we did :D Good thing there were a couple Rhinos to pull him out.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11244&stc=1
Olds @ sunset.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11245&stc=1
The heaviest Rhino in attendance :(
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11246&stc=1
Thanks for the Ride in your car Deano......I will never be happy with the Rhino now :(

sigepmock
02-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Great Pics Bill!!! I'll have to send the Jeep pic to Mike(Jeep Owner), at least he was humble about it. Glad you made it and feel free to stick around next time. I promise not to make you park next to Brandin next time :yuk: Any chance you ended up with an extra blue fold up chair, we lost one somehow? Blue with a brownish stripe.
I definately felt the extra weight of my cage, I'm sure that cage of yours was slowing you down. Time for another upgrade :cry:
I told you not to go in that buggy, everything else sucks once you've been in a long travel buggy.

riverbound
02-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Great Pics Bill!!! I'll have to send the Jeep pic to Mike(Jeep Owner), at least he was humble about it. Glad you made it and feel free to stick around next time. I promise not to make you park next to Brandin next time :yuk: Any chance you ended up with an extra blue fold up chair, we lost one somehow? Blue with a brownish stripe.
I definately felt the extra weight of my cage, I'm sure that cage of yours was slowing you down. Time for another upgrade :cry:
I told you not to go in that buggy, everything else sucks once you've been in a long travel buggy.
Yes I did end up with an extra blue chair. I unloaded the trailer last night and was wondering where that chari came from :D
I will get it and put it in my car and we can meet up later so you can get it back.
I have a feeling come summer I will have a completely differnet animal in my rhino :D In ocotillo some friends planted the seed for a high compression ported and polished 686 CC monster ;)
<--- cant be the last one up Olds again :D

riverbound
02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Here is a couple more.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11251&stc=1
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11252&stc=1

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Bill's Rhino might be heavy but i5t looks cool and In the event of an end over end I would much rather be in his seat than mine.(Plus your little one looked pretty cute using the middle grab bar as a jungle gym:D)
Thanks for pulling me out on Friday...... Nothing cooler than haveing a 30K chevy pulled out by a 100K Freightliner!!
You still suck for leaving and stealing my power :cry:

riverbound
02-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Bill's Rhino might be heavy but i5t looks cool and In the event of an end over end I would much rather be in his seat than mine.(Plus your little one looked pretty cute using the middle grab bar as a jungle gym:D)
Thanks for pulling me out on Friday...... Nothing cooler than haveing a 30K chevy pulled out by a 100K Freightliner!!
You still suck for leaving and stealing my power :cry:
The cage is pretty stout (heavy) so that is just a way for me to justify the motor work ;)
No problem pulling you out......Im just happy it wasnt the other way around :(
You had enough extension cords....you should have ran it accross camp and plugged in to the Mock castel :D
next time I will stay the whole weekend......as long as it doesn't get windy... I HATE wind :crossx:

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 10:41 AM
The cage is pretty stout (heavy) so that is just a way for me to justify the motor work ;)
No problem pulling you out......Im just happy it wasnt the other way around :(
You had enough extension cords....you should have ran it accross camp and plugged in to the Mock castel :D
next time I will stay the whole weekend......as long as it doesn't get windy... I HATE wind :crossx:
The wind kinda sucks around camp but it's great for keeping the dust out of your mouth/face on rides. It picked up a little around noon and then died off around 3pm.

caroftheweek
02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
well after seeing the pics, i am definitley going to make the next one. after next week, the trailer hunt is on. looking for a toyhauler atleast 30' if anyone knows of anyone selling one. Thanks for posting pics Bill.
Ryan

sigepmock
02-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I still can't believe Brandin found the only soft spot for 100 yards in any direction. I wish I had a picture of Bill pulling you out and of the airborn ice chest flying stunt work too. That's it I'm following you next time with my camera ready.
COTW check out GlamisDunes.com, lot's of good trailer for sale in the Buy/Sell section.

Magic34
02-13-2006, 11:02 AM
I still can't believe Brandin found the only soft spot for 100 yards in any direction. I wish I had a picture of Bill pulling you out and of the airborn ice chest flying stunt work too. That's it I'm following you next time with my camera ready.
COTW check out GlamisDunes.com, lot's of good trailer for sale in the Buy/Sell section.
Glad I didn't go then, because I would have been the one finding that soft spot. My truck is magically drawn to those areas.
RB, any issues with getting stuck at all? WTF, you left after 1 day?

riverbound
02-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Glad I didn't go then, because I would have been the one finding that soft spot. My truck is magically drawn to those areas.
RB, any issues with getting stuck at all? WTF, you left after 1 day?
There were NO issues whatsoever with me getting stuck.
I did pack up and leave on Sat. and went to Ocotillo. I met up with a bunch of people over there. It got windy on Sat. and I didnt want to deal with it, there was no wind in Ocotillo. But it was really dusty and dry :(
Here is my Rhino after one ride.....good thing I had a shower in the trailer :D
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11255&stc=1

caroftheweek
02-13-2006, 11:34 AM
COTW check out GlamisDunes.com, lot's of good trailer for sale in the Buy/Sell section.[/QUOTE]
i have been looking the last couple of months. saw some good deals go by but can not jump on them until i have the parking done at the house. we are getting there. in the next couple weeks everything should be complete. just in time for the winter season to come to a close :cry: :cry:

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 11:51 AM
I was the token get stuck guy for the weekend. In all fairness Chris sabotoged me when he started yelling directions and I stopped right in the middle of the 10x10 quick sand pit.(I could have gotten out without a tow but Bill was Johnny on the spot and I was stuck and towed out in under 2 minutes)
Bring the Camera next time!! I have a feeling the "flying beer incedent" will continue until I get some better shocks or tie the cooler in a little better!! :crossx:

djunkie
02-13-2006, 12:13 PM
:
Ya you gotta be able to keep up with those golf carts. :crossx:

sigepmock
02-13-2006, 12:33 PM
I was the token get stuck guy for the weekend. In all fairness Chris sabotoged me when he started yelling directions and I stopped right in the middle of the 10x10 quick sand pit.(I could have gotten out without a tow but Bill was Johnny on the spot and I was stuck and towed out in under 2 minutes)
Bring the Camera next time!! I have a feeling the "flying beer incedent" will continue until I get some better shocks or tie the cooler in a little better!! :crossx:
I was hoping you'd forget that part.

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I was hoping you'd forget that part.
You made up for it when you resued my beer!!;):D
Is it weird that I never sas it again once you and Carried got your hands on it? :p
I think I am gona have to invest in one of thse soft coolers and some more bungies.
On a side note I need some more lights!!!
Also I think I might loose the tailgate and the bed liner in search of a lighter Rhino....
I was realy impressed by how yours went over some of the stuff yesterday with a full size passenger in the back!! :crossx:

JB in so cal
02-13-2006, 02:41 PM
RB, the trailer turned out niiiiiiice! :cool:

sigepmock
02-13-2006, 02:42 PM
You made up for it when you resued my beer!!;):D
Is it weird that I never sas it again once you and Carried got your hands on it? :p
I think I am gona have to invest in one of thse soft coolers and some more bungies.
On a side note I need some more lights!!!
Also I think I might loose the tailgate and the bed liner in search of a lighter Rhino....
I was realy impressed by how yours went over some of the stuff yesterday with a full size passenger in the back!! :crossx:
The beer was a lost cause, Carrie and I only picked up what was left of it....a mix of broken gatorade bottles, leaky beer cans and one Dr Pepper that didn't survive the ride back with us.......oh yeah and a bunch of sticky sand that was stuck to everything.....next time you're picking up you own mess :yuk:
More lights and less weight is the key. I was looking for stuff to take off/cut off but there isn't a lot I could see.
From now on it's no fat kids in the back seat for me.......the Rhino was down right scary with the extra person in back....even in the small dunes...chasing the long travel buggy didn't help I'm sure :crossx:

Magic34
02-13-2006, 02:45 PM
I've got the weekend after President's Day set up at this point. But, hopefully the bike it done by then. I dropped it off this morning for some mods.

riverbound
02-13-2006, 02:46 PM
RB, the trailer turned out niiiiiiice! :cool:
Yah...the guy did a REALLY good job.

casean
02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Group pic (Friday)
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11242&stc=1
Friday was a blast cruising all the Rhino's around. Definitely need to work on adding lights. The stock ones are worthless.
Bill,
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I'll try and get ours up sometime this week. You guys should have stuck around for the whole weekend.
Brandin,
Your Rhino looks like it has a long travel kit on it in these pictures. I should have stuck with the stock wheels and turned then inside out :crossx: You've motivated me add some tunes to the Rhino.
Chris,
Thanks for setting this up and inviting us to come along, and please work on your gas bomb making skills :skull:

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 03:25 PM
The beer was a lost cause, Carrie and I only picked up what was left of it....a mix of broken gatorade bottles, leaky beer cans and one Dr Pepper that didn't survive the ride back with us.......oh yeah and a bunch of sticky sand that was stuck to everything.....next time you're picking up you own mess :yuk:
More lights and less weight is the key. I was looking for stuff to take off/cut off but there isn't a lot I could see.
From now on it's no fat kids in the back seat for me.......the Rhino was down right scary with the extra person in back....even in the small dunes...chasing the long travel buggy didn't help I'm sure :crossx:
Thanks again for picking up the mess we must have hit really hard to break a plastic gatorade bottle and pop a Dr.Pepper can!! Sure was fun from the Drivers seat and Jen was laughing her ass off the whole time. I thought that you guys actually might have hit it harder I didn't even think that we had ejected the beer from the cooler.
You could tell you were driving the Rhino hard on that last ride! you had a couple wheels off teh ground on more than one occasion because you needed the speed to get over the top.I made a couple comments to Jen that you made good decisions picking your own lines because the Rhino just won't do what a rail will up and over some of the dunes.
I had a great time and really enjoy the wide open thrill rides with a challenge level of 8.9

sigepmock
02-13-2006, 03:41 PM
No problem on picking up the mess, I'm sure you would have done the same for me. Talk about tires in the air you and Jen were a good two feet off the ground on that set of whoops, at least she was laughing and not yelling at you to stop :cry: . Next trip we'll have to head for the big dunes and see how far we can make it. No back seat passengers this time.

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
No problem on picking up the mess, I'm sure you would have done the same for me. Talk about tires in the air you and Jen were a good two feet off the ground on that set of whoops, at least she was laughing and not yelling at you to stop :cry: . Next trip we'll have to head for the big dunes and see how far we can make it. No back seat passengers this time.
Did you keep the stock cage? for what people are getting for them on the open market it might be worth holding on to and swapping back and forth depending on what you are doing for that particular outing.(10 bolts and you are back to racer mode)
I need to play with the shock settings next time out.I was still at the factory settings and I think the front might be a tad soft.
We should try and get another weekend planned for the 24th or 31st of March.I know we would have a good rhino turnout as COTW and Ivan Dan want to get out there pretty bad.

Mrs. casean
02-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Did you keep the stock cage? for what people are getting for them on the open market it might be worth holding on to and swapping back and forth depending on what you are doing for that particular outing.(10 bolts and you are back to racer mode)
I need to play with the shock settings next time out.I was still at the factory settings and I think the front might be a tad soft.
We should try and get another weekend planned for the 24th or 31st of March.I know we would have a good rhino turnout as COTW and Ivan Dan want to get out there pretty bad.
We mentioned going out for St Patty's Day weekend... March 17-19th... It's Carrie & Amy's Bday weekends! That will be our first avail. weekend in March... lets see what can happen!

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 04:08 PM
We mentioned going out for St Patty's Day weekend... March 17-19th... It's Carrie & Amy's Bday weekends! That will be our first avail. weekend in March... lets see what can happen!
That could work for me......
I couldn't make the weekend of the 10th but I am game for anything after.

casean
02-13-2006, 04:14 PM
We are heading out the weekend after Presidents. I'll even save a spot next to us so you can borrow some power :220v:

Mrs. casean
02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Let's try for that! Carrie & I talked about it before we left yesterday...

caroftheweek
02-13-2006, 04:29 PM
March 25-26 is our next open weekend. :cry: so maybe we will just wait til next season. oh well. Feb 25-26 are open at the moment but that might be too soon for everyone and i don't think we will have a home on wheels by then. we will play it by ear...
Ryan

Mrs. casean
02-13-2006, 04:38 PM
March 25-26 is our next open weekend. :cry: so maybe we will just wait til next season. oh well. Feb 25-26 are open at the moment but that might be too soon for everyone and i don't think we will have a home on wheels by then. we will play it by ear...
Ryan
If you find a trailer with in 2 weeks you should join us out there!

caroftheweek
02-13-2006, 04:40 PM
what was the lady that everyone knew at Essex finance? was it Melissa? or who else is good for RV finance?

Mrs. casean
02-13-2006, 04:43 PM
what was the lady that everyone knew at Essex finance? was it Melissa? or who else is good for RV finance?
I want to say Michelle... it could be Melissa though??? I think someone else posted a thread about boat/rv loans in the sandbar last week?

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Melissa is at Essex (I almost wen't with her but she couldn't do 100%finn.)
Boat loan guy on the boards is supposed to be good as well.

Mrs. casean
02-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Melissa is at Essex (I almost wen't with her but she couldn't do 100%finn.)
Boat loan guy on the boards is supposed to be good as well.
I knew it was an M name :rolleyes: :p
Good luck w/ the loan caroftheweek! You are looking for used? You really should peek at GlamisDunes.com in the Classified RV threads... they have a lot in there usually!

Cole Trickle
02-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I would look at something besides Weekend Warrior.....
Seems like alot of people have been pissed about the product and service they have been getting as of late.

unleashed
02-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Nice to meet some new faces this weekend. Your camp was a little quiet but I like it like that sometimes. See you guys next trip!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Magic34
02-13-2006, 10:16 PM
We are heading out the weekend after Presidents. I'll even save a spot next to us so you can borrow some power :220v:
I am out there that weekend.... well, better be... damnit!!!!

djunkie
02-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casean
We are heading out the weekend after Presidents. I'll even save a spot next to us so you can borrow some power
I am out there that weekend.... well, better be... damnit!!!!
Where do you guys plan on staying while out there? I might be meeting up with some friends out there that weekend and thought maybe I'd cruise by and say whats up. I guess my friends are gonna be in wash 13.

Mrs. casean
02-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Quote:
We are heading out the weekend after Presidents. I'll even save a spot next to us so you can borrow some power
Where do you guys plan on staying while out there? I might be meeting up with some friends out there that weekend and thought maybe I'd cruise by and say whats up. I guess my friends are gonna be in wash 13.
Not sure where we're going to camp that weekend. Depends on if some certain friends go... we'd like to camp off Gecko, but we'll see. We'll let you know where we are going to camp when we figure it all out! Wash 13 is fun :D

Mrs. casean
02-14-2006, 08:47 AM
I would look at something besides Weekend Warrior.....
Seems like alot of people have been pissed about the product and service they have been getting as of late.
It's sad that they've been getting this rep... they are doing it to themselves though! We love our WW but the service does SUCK big time. But the trailer it self we love... but on our way home on Sunday, we talked about "the next trailer" and would love a WW but unsure if we would actually go back to getting one due to the recent headache's many WW owners are having w/ their trailers. There is not one right trailer to get.... but we'd like to think there is at least one that blows the rest away over all... service and product... but haven't found that yet. Happy Hunting!

Cole Trickle
02-14-2006, 08:59 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0187.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0189.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0190.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0193.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0191.jpg

Mrs. casean
02-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Those are great pictures Brandin! Thanks!

Magic34
02-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Quote:
As of now, the plans say Gecko. It should be a very slow weekend out there so Gecko wouldn't be a problem.

djunkie
02-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Not sure where we're going to camp that weekend. Depends on if some certain friends go... we'd like to camp off Gecko, but we'll see. We'll let you know where we are going to camp when we figure it all out! Wash 13 is fun :D
I haven't been to Glamis in years since I had my bad accident so I wanna go back and see if I can get into it again. I figured since a big group of my friends are going that it would be a good trip. I'd probably come out early sat. morning and go home sunday though. My g/f has never been so I don't know if shes gonna like it. Plus I wanna see what this golf cart can do in the sand. :rollside:

djunkie
02-14-2006, 01:02 PM
As of now, the plans say Gecko. It should be a very slow weekend out there so Gecko wouldn't be a problem.
Cool. If I go I'll come and see if I can find you guys. I'll probably be cruising around solo since all my friends have quads and rails so I don't know how far I'll be able to follow them in the golf cart.

Mrs. casean
02-14-2006, 01:29 PM
I haven't been to Glamis in years since I had my bad accident so I wanna go back and see if I can get into it again. I figured since a big group of my friends are going that it would be a good trip. I'd probably come out early sat. morning and go home sunday though. My g/f has never been so I don't know if shes gonna like it. Plus I wanna see what this golf cart can do in the sand. :rollside:
It's always fun to see what the carts can do in the sand... I enjoyed driving it around there... but the Rhino was fun and did go everywhere... even when I was driving :p Well if anything, maybe we can meet up somewhere just to say hey and have a beer :D We'll see what we decided on for a camping spot closer to the weekend though. It's still up in the air for us.

Magic34
02-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Cool. If I go I'll come and see if I can find you guys. I'll probably be cruising around solo since all my friends have quads and rails so I don't know how far I'll be able to follow them in the golf cart.
I'll teach you how to drive that thing. ;) I could hang with most of the Rhinos I rode with and they take them everywhere and fast at that.

Magic34
02-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Anyone still going this weekend?
I wasn't getting called from the dealer, so I drove down there to see my trailer for myself. I found out that my service advisor was fired and the trailer was done with all but 1 thing and they are waiting on parts. Parts wont come in for another 3 weeks, but the trailer is ready to go. I will just drop it back off next month.
So, I am for sure 100% heading to Glamis this weekend.

Mrs. casean
02-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Anyone still going this weekend?
I wasn't getting called from the dealer, so I drove down there to see my trailer for myself. I found out that my service advisor was fired and the trailer was done with all but 1 thing and they are waiting on parts. Parts wont come in for another 3 weeks, but the trailer is ready to go. I will just drop it back off next month.
It's our friends birthday and he wants to go to Ocotillo Wells so that's where we're headed now
So, I am for sure 100% heading to Glamis this weekend.
:rolleyes: :p Have fun out there! Glad to hear your trailer is finally almost done!

Magic34
02-21-2006, 10:27 AM
:rolleyes: :p Have fun out there! Glad to hear your trailer is finally almost done!
You guys still going?

Mrs. casean
02-21-2006, 11:28 AM
You guys still going?
We're going to Ocotillo Wells. It's our friends birthday and he wanted to go there :rolleyes: so we're going to miss the sand this weekend :cry: