PDA

View Full Version : Batteries!!!!!

79 HUSTLER
06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Looking to order some new batts for the system and was looking at the odyssey pc2150 group 31. How many would you suggest that I use:
1-Alpine PDX 4.150
1-Alpine PDX 1.1000
I am told these amps draw way less power so I was think of just two of these odyssey's for the stereo only.. I already have dedicated batts for starting. Do you think 2 or 3 are needed.

mbrown2
06-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Along with that question, who sells the Odyssey's at reasonable prices in Cali or AZ?
I too need a couple new ones...
BTW Hustler, I would go with at least two 2150's for that setup...3 might make it play longer, but its kind of overkill for 1400 watts.....depends if you want to be the DJ at the Sandbar all day.. .02 :)

mbrown2
06-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Which is a great honor that's not all it's cracked up to be. :D
You wear the crown well.....but true...its like being Cesar....one clip of the amp, one bass hit that sends you below 10.7 volts and the royal court will have you beheaded...:)

sigepmock
06-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Looking to order some new batts for the system and was looking at the odyssey pc2150 group 31. How many would you suggest that I use:
1-Alpine PDX 4.150
1-Alpine PDX 1.1000
I am told these amps draw way less power so I was think of just two of these odyssey's for the stereo only.. I already have dedicated batts for starting. Do you think 2 or 3 are needed.
I think you'd be ok with two. I run (2) 4.150 and (1) 1.1000 off (3) standard deep cycle marine batt's with no problems.
Make sure you get a good charger that gives those batts enough amperage. That's the key to making them live.
I've always gone straight to West Coast Batteries, they're in Corona now.
Chris

Chipster27
06-07-2007, 05:28 AM
try this guy:
Quality Power (http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/) or as Sigepmock mentioned West Coast Batteries
I needed a P1200, everyone was out and Quality Power had 2 in stock. He's in Duarte and a really good guy to work with.
FYI, I was told that an Audison amp pulls 160 amps for every 1000 watts of power so you can figure out how long yoru power will last based on the amps required and the number of amp/hours the battery is rated at.
I just checked the Quality Power website and they said they are out and the batteries are back ordered until June 9th
Good luck.

phebus
06-07-2007, 06:48 AM
SWB, what is the best charger for the Odyssey 2150 batteries? I remember you posting about how most of the battery failures you have seen with the Odyssey batteries have been due to improper charging.

79 HUSTLER
06-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Along with that question, who sells the Odyssey's at reasonable prices in Cali or AZ?
I too need a couple new ones...
BTW Hustler, I would go with at least two 2150's for that setup...3 might make it play longer, but its kind of overkill for 1400 watts.....depends if you want to be the DJ at the Sandbar all day.. .02 :)
Thanks for the info, I am going to start with two. Later on I will be adding more speaker with another 4.150 but need to wait for the hatch to be finished..

79 HUSTLER
06-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I think you'd be ok with two. I run (2) 4.150 and (1) 1.1000 off (3) standard deep cycle marine batt's with no problems.
Make sure you get a good charger that gives those batts enough amperage. That's the key to making them live.
I've always gone straight to West Coast Batteries, they're in Corona now.
Chris
Thanks for the info, just called WCB and they are out as well.

79 HUSTLER
06-07-2007, 10:46 AM
try this guy:
Quality Power (http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/) or as Sigepmock mentioned West Coast Batteries
I needed a P1200, everyone was out and Quality Power had 2 in stock. He's in Duarte and a really good guy to work with.
FYI, I was told that an Audison amp pulls 160 amps for every 1000 watts of power so you can figure out how long yoru power will last based on the amps required and the number of amp/hours the battery is rated at.
I just checked the Quality Power website and they said they are out and the batteries are back ordered until June 9th
Good luck.
I did the power chart and be able to last pretty long with what I got so far.

79 HUSTLER
06-07-2007, 10:48 AM
SWB, what is the best charger for the Odyssey 2150 batteries? I remember you posting about how most of the battery failures you have seen with the Odyssey batteries have been due to improper charging.
Yes, please let us know what you think as I need this as well.. I would like a permanant onboard charger that is hardwired in so that I just need to plug in power and be done with it..

thmper321
06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info, just called WCB and they are out as well.
Try looking at some Stereo Shops. Scosche batteries are made by Odysey(sp) and run about the same price. My buddy has 1-PDX1.1000 and 2-PDX4.150's and can run on the stereo battery for about 4.5 Hours at about 3/4 volume. Then he turns off the subs and it goes for at least another hour before we head back.