PDA

View Full Version : Focking Raiders

a catered life
02-13-2006, 09:10 AM
i love this team but they need some new blood they keep up this dam habit of hiring old old player and coaches...now they have fired turner and re-hired art shell...yes he was a great player and a decent coach but come on it wasnt the coaches fault this past season we need a QB collins sucks :yuk: slow, cant hit the open man, and makes bad decisions when under pressure...one again we are heading in the past instead of looking for the future :cry:

JetBoatRich
02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I am not a Raider fan, but Turner was no fit for the Raiders :yuk: Shell is a better fit, maybe he will have a better chance his second time around as head Coach :rolleyes:

tamalewagon
02-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Seems like the owner pushes a 1-2 year revolving door policy on the coaches.

Hardly Satisfied
02-13-2006, 10:13 AM
What do you mean , Al davis had no choice no one want's to coach the raiders. Everyone he talked with turned down the job offer, so what does that tell you.?? The raiders suck

Phat Daddy
02-13-2006, 11:44 AM
What do you mean , Al davis had no choice no one want's to coach the raiders. Everyone he talked with turned down the job offer, so what does that tell you.?? The raiders suck
Al Davis SUCKS!!!!!!

a catered life
02-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Seems like the owner pushes a 1-2 year revolving door policy on the coaches.
yea it does seem like that :cry:

Ziggy
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Boy did he just hit the nail on the head........Consider the mess the Saints are in and they found a good guy quickly.

patsbrothel
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Looking forward to beating you guys twice a year for the next 3 seasons
Chargers Own your Ass

crf311
02-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Did I hear someone say Saints. Good Coach . HAHA.. that OK They will be in LA in 2 years.

Ziggy
02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Did I hear someone say Saints. Good Coach . HAHA.. that OK They will be in LA in 2 years.
I did say good guy....the coaching remains to be seen.
LA=Louisiana
L.A.= Los Angeles
;)

Desert Rat
02-13-2006, 06:42 PM
DIE HARD RAIDER FAN here............ Al Davis NEEDS to Die!!!!!!!!!!! At that point we may be able to aquire a decent coach. No disrespect to Art but hey if the owner won't let the coach do his job NO coach will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doesitfloat?
02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
DIE HARD RAIDER FAN here............ Al Davis NEEDS to Die!!!!!!!!!!! At that point we may be able to aquire a decent coach. No disrespect to Art but hey if the owner won't let the coach do his job NO coach will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What he said...

crf311
02-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I did say good guy....the coaching remains to be seen.
LA=Louisiana
L.A.= Los Angeles
;)
O.K. They will be in L.A. in two years. Thanks for the Grammer Lesson.

Ziggy
02-14-2006, 12:12 PM
O.K. They will be in L.A. in two years. Thanks for the Grammer Lesson.
Just messin with ya....pretty sure we all knew what you meant :)
Wish the Chargers had kept Carney, could have used him in the playoff game against the Jets a year ago :cry:

Red Eye
02-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Didn't Art Shell have 3 winning seasons out of the 4 he was there? Al Davis admitted to making a huge mistake when he fired Shell. Now let's see if we can get Ray Lewis over here next too.

carbonmarine
02-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Think about if The Saints moved to LA ... The Vatos around town would go nuts with name like EL SANTOS ! ... lol.
Rick
:cool:

BajaMike
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Didn't Art Shell have 3 winning seasons out of the 4 he was there? Al Davis admitted to making a huge mistake when he fired Shell. Now let's see if we can get Ray Lewis over here next too.
Too bad there's no way to fire the owner....no good, strong, experienced coach will work for Al Davis. :yuk:
Art Shell had a few good decent seasons, but hasn't he been out of coaching for a while??
Turner was a moran...talk about un-creative offense and an un-disciplined team.
Like someone above said....Al Davis needs to die... :mad:

a catered life
02-14-2006, 03:37 PM
yes you right but now mr davis is hurting for wins and i dont think he will give any decent coach a chance :yuk:

Red Eye
02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe this is what we need to get back on track. Just remember the Raiders went from a Superbowl season to 5-11 the next. Maybe we can do the opposite this year. And yes... F Al Davis

JetBoatRich
03-11-2006, 08:34 AM
They are making a QB move :rolleyes: Raiders cut Collins, saving $9.2 million on cap :rolleyes:

soupersonic
03-11-2006, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=ShockwaveBob If a guy won't leave Louisville to coach in the NFL, something's wrong.[/QUOTE]
The college level of coaching is pretty secure and very lucrative vs a chance for a few years in the NFL.

Beer Factor
03-11-2006, 08:59 AM
The Raiders don't need a coach, they have Al Davis. They could use a full time bail bondsman.

MagicMtnDan
03-11-2006, 09:08 AM
You guys are funny but then, anyone who's a Raiders fan has to have a sense of humor.
You're right on track about coaches not having any authority. The players know that Al Davis calls the shots so the coaches don't get the respect they should. Plus they're typically older players who don't want to be "motivated" by coaches. The problem clearly is Al Davis, a meddlesome owner who has long ago seen his best days.
Getting rid of Collins is a good thing and there's talk that Culpepper could be your next QB. Might be OK IF Daunte comes to play and show he's over the knee injury. Could be good to have him throwing to Randy Moss. Unfortunately the team needs a lot more than that - especially defense.
I am an admitted Al Davis hater (lived up in NoCal when he ripped the fans heart's out - then lived down here when he did it to the SoCal'ers). I'll always hate the Raiders until Al Davis is gone but he's like other bad guys who never seem to die soon enough (Fidel Castro to name one). :D

Beer Factor
03-11-2006, 09:32 AM
My two favorite teams are the Rams and whoever is playing the Raiders. I do know how the Raiders fans feel about their owner. I wouldn't shed a tear if the Rams owner was lying 6 feet under!

Woodster
03-11-2006, 09:36 AM
They are making a QB move :rolleyes: Raiders cut Collins, saving $9.2 million on cap :rolleyes:
Just in time to sign Drew Brees

JetBoatRich
03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I heard they want D.C. :rolleyes:

Ziggy
03-11-2006, 09:59 AM
That thought crossed many minds but I think Miami is the team hottest for him.....and I'm not sure Drew'd even want to play in Oakland. :idea:
Mixed emotions on my part cuz I think Drew is a very smart QB but not the physical specimen that Rivers will be back there.....make or break decision for AJ Smith and the Chargers if you ask me.
It'll be a very interesting free agency period for ALOT of teams this year, seen plenty of big names get tossed into free agency. Can't really predict how impactful the draft will be this year......outside the handful that have made impression all year.

dmontzsta
03-11-2006, 10:00 AM
New coach and new QB is a big change, lets see what they can do with it.

RitcheyRch
03-11-2006, 10:59 AM
The Baltimore Ravens are not interested in Culpepper, and likely will be pursuing Kerry Collins.

LUVNLIFE
03-11-2006, 11:20 AM
They can have him. :yuk:

Jetboatguru
03-11-2006, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't trade two Tees and a couple of used dirty socks for Collins. GAR BAAAAAAAAAAAGGEEEE!!!

Woodster
03-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Look for Brees to end up a Saint....................and out of the league in two years. :rolleyes:
Nah I think its either the Chargers or Miami.. Hopefully he sucks it up and signs another one year deal with the Chargers..Id hate to see him go

Woodster
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
New Orleans, mark it down. ;) The Chargers have made their final offer, it's fully backloaded with incentives for the first season. Brees said he is done negotiating with the Chargers, they aren't even in the ballpark.
Well at least he wont be in the AFCwest anymore I guess.. Chargers are stupid.All we need is a big wideout and we could be right there..Take a Off lineman with there 1st round pick and keep Brees.

Ziggy
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Chargers are probably looking WR with the first pick, as they have left Reche Caldwell unsigned. I've heard Santonio Holmes from tOSU. Look for them to address Oline with free agents. They had LeCharles Bentley scheduled for a visit before he signed with Cleveland.
The Chargers are not stupid. A.J. Smith has done a remarkable job as GM. Philip Rivers is making $40M and has thrown 30 passes in his NFL career. Brees is never going to get any taller and there's some real concern that he will not take a snap this season. Even he had conceeded that there's no guarantee that he'll play in 2006.
Seems to me Miami wants Brees... Chargers are trading knowledge for physical stoutness in Rivers. I pray it works for them and not a rollercoaster learning curve like Eli is going thru.....talent can only overcome so much experience. More or less I'm hoping he is up to speed before LT wears his body out.

FLOJO
03-11-2006, 11:04 PM
They Need To Get Rid Of Al !

Woodster
03-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Seems to me Miami wants Brees... Chargers are trading knowledge for physical stoutness in Rivers. I pray it works for them and not a rollercoaster learning curve like Eli is going thru.....talent can only overcome so much experience. More or less I'm hoping he is up to speed before LT wears his body out.
You know ive been thinking..The Chargers are doing Brees a favor by letting him go really..Now he can go get a 20-30 mil dollar contract with the dolphins and not have to worry about the Chargers placing him on Injured reserve for the year(if he dosent heal up) If they placed him on IR he would be screwed money wise with an incentive backed contract

MagicMtnDan
03-12-2006, 03:15 AM
The Chargers are not stupid. A.J. Smith has done a remarkable job as GM. Philip Rivers is making $40M and has thrown 30 passes in his NFL career. Brees is never going to get any taller and there's some real concern that he will not take a snap this season. Even he had conceeded that there's no guarantee that he'll play in 2006.
They may not be stupid but I don't think taking a team that's a player or two from contending for the Super Bowl, chucking their All-Pro QB, and handing the reins over to an unproven rookie is a championship idea.
Rivers will have to play under huge pressure and very high expectations (higher than Big Ben did in Pittsburgh when he came in for an injured Tommy Maddox two seasons ago). Unless he plays as well as Ben did in his first two years (and no other QB had done that), then the Chargers are clearly taking a year or two off before really being ready to contend for the Super Bowl.
If I was a Chargers fan I'd want Brees signed at almost all cost. If he can't go then at least the team made the effort to put the best team on the field.

doesitfloat?
03-12-2006, 08:42 AM
They may not be stupid but I don't think taking a team that's a player or two from contending for the Super Bowl, chucking their All-Pro QB, and handing the reins over to an unproven rookie is a championship idea.
Rivers will have to play under huge pressure and very high expectations (higher than Big Ben did in Pittsburgh when he came in for an injured Tommy Maddox two seasons ago). Unless he plays as well as Ben did in his first two years (and no other QB had done that), then the Chargers are clearly taking a year or two off before really being ready to contend for the Super Bowl.
If I was a Chargers fan I'd want Brees signed at almost all cost. If he can't go then at least the team made the effort to put the best team on the field.
Correction...I think some guy named Dan Marino threw for 5,000 yds, 48 tds, and went to a Super Bowl in his second season (first full season)....just to clarify! :yuk: :rollside: