PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher?

Sanitariumflat
06-07-2007, 05:19 AM
What type of extingiusher do ya'll prefer. I know an ABC will work, but they make a hell of a mess if you have to employ one. Any reason a BC wouldn't be sufficient?

RitcheyRch
06-07-2007, 05:28 AM
I have an ABC but wouldnt mind getting a Halon Type. I think those create less of a mess although not sure they are still available.

HalletDave
06-07-2007, 06:24 AM
I don't think HALON is availlable any more. CO2 would be the best choice, more expensive I think, but does not make a mess.
It can also super chill your boat sodas if you are in a pinch.;)

gn7
06-07-2007, 07:16 AM
I don't think HALON is availlable any more. CO2 would be the best choice, more expensive I think, but does not make a mess.
It can also super chill your boat sodas if you are in a pinch.;)
Halon is still out there, you just have to track it down, they just aren't allowed to manufacture it any more, when it all gets released on fires or what ever, thats it. We still pass about 5000 lbs a year through our shop for computer room fire systems but it is all stuff that was made years ago, but just like R 12 Freon, this price $$$$$$ just does not justify it's use anymore unless you are trying to protect millions in computers and data (LIKE THE I.R.S.). There are alternatives like HALOTRON I.

burbanite
06-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Halon is still out there, you just have to track it down,
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=104A352TC&Category_Code=fireex