PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa information

Dave C
06-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I suspected some "official" has developed a bias against us no-good-boaters. Interesting what I found on this website.
http://www.lakeberryessanews.com/pages/Other%20News.html
to summarize:
1) The trailer owners filed a lawsuit to stop their eviction. They also reference the entire BOR plan and process as being flawed. This is good news for us.
2) The BOR will be closing the coves around the center of the lake next season. They will be off limits to motorized boats. This was in the BOR's so-called official "plan" Another major change will be implementing the BOR Record of Decision’s requirement to make the Big Island Lagoon a non-motorized zone - except for electric trolling motors
If you read the BOR's plans, it is the BOR's intention to create areas of the lake that are off limits to motorized boats to attract kayakers and non-motorized boaters. In other words get rid of us no-good motorized boaters!! ;) Karen Wagner, the new Deputy Park Manager, points out that the positive aspect of this change is to encourage more kayakers and canoeists to visit the lake. http://www.lakeberryessanews.com/news/BOR%20Future%20events.htm
3) The BOR made the decision to close the Pope Creek bridge. But only to "certain people"
To quote the BOR:
"One is the attempt to control the party at the Pope Creek Bridge. Although the summer weekend gathering of hundreds of boats under the bridge has been a lake tradition for decades, the accompanying rowdiness of the people on shore has become more of a law enforcement problem during the last few years. In an attempt to change the reputation of the lake and entice more families to recreate here, the Pope Creek Bridge will be off-limits to all motorized watercraft during the three major holiday weekends this summer, beginning with the Memorial Day weekend. A string of booms will be placed across the entrance to Pope Creek and only kayaks, canoes, and inflatables with no motors will be allowed access. Even electric trolling motors will be banned. The parking lot at the bridge will be open during the day, but closed at night."
What a jackass. SO to control the rowdiness "on shore" they leave the parking lot open but close the cove?!? Must be Govt logic. I think they got that backwards....:)
Also if the bridge cover is "off limits" how come only motorized boats are banned but not kayaks, canoes and inflatables?? They seem to be getting special treatment. I guess if you party on a motorized boat then you are a no good degenerate ;)
I guess families don't presently visit the lake :rolleyes: or maybe they just don't want families on motorized boats to visit the lake..... ;)
For those of you who don't give a shiat keep in mind that if they are able to get away with this it will give them legal precendent to possibly close the entire lake to motorized boats in the future and do this to other lakes as well.

lucky
06-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I suspected some "official" has developed a bias against us no-good-boaters. Interesting what I found on this website.
http://www.lakeberryessanews.com/pages/Other%20News.html
to summarize:
1) The trailer owners filed a lawsuit to stop their eviction. They also reference the entire BOR plan and process as being flawed. This is good news for us.
2) The BOR will be closing the coves around the center of the lake next season. They will be off limits to motorized boats. This was in the BOR's so-called official "plan"
If you read the BOR's plans, it is the BOR's intention to create areas of the lake that are off limits to motorized boats to attract kayakers and non-motorized boaters. In other words get rid of us no-good motorized boaters!! ;) http://www.lakeberryessanews.com/news/BOR%20Future%20events.htm
3) The BOR made the decision to close the Pope Creek bridge. But only to "certain people"
To quote the BOR:
What a jackass. SO to control the rowdiness "on shore" they leave the parking lot open but close the cove?!? Must be Govt logic. I think they got that backwards....:)
Also if the bridge cover is "off limits" how come only motorized boats are banned but not kayaks, canoes and inflatables?? They seem to be getting special treatment. I guess if you party on a motorized boat then you are a no good degenerate ;)
For those of you who don't give a shiat keep in mind that if they are able to get away with this it will give them legal precendent to possibly close the entire lake to motorized boats in the future and do this to other lakes as well.
what a bunch of CrAP -- Its a conspericy i say

Dave C
06-07-2007, 03:18 PM
what is with this restriction B.S. Everyone should have equal rights to enjoy all parts of the lake....... We don't restrict anyone else's right to use any part of the lake.... why should we be restricted??
For example: I hate lake lice just as much as anyone but I don't want them banned. shot maybe... but not banned.....:D

Rocket-J
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
In the end, someone will realize that the Canoe and Kayak people will not pay as much to launch or stay the night at the lake. The amount of $$$$ to the area will drop as the power boats are chased away.
How many cars or trucks have you seen with 6 canoes on top. The average ski boat carries 6 people. Can you see fifty canoes tied together, rafting in the middle of the cover? Can you see the canoe owner paying $5 or $10 to launch his canoe. Can you see all the berths at Steele Park full of only canoes? Will the canoe owner pay the annual fee for in the water boat storage at Steele Park?(that is big revenue). Will all the motors be taken out of the House Boats moored around the lake? Will they use sails?
The rule makers don't have a clue as to what they are doing.:confused: Al

Cas
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
so where was everyone when this was all going down a couple of years ago?
It's the same ole thing, people get all up in arms after it's too late....just like the whole noise law thing.

Dave C
06-07-2007, 04:06 PM
No kidding ...
their whole point of choosing to take those coves (i.e. shitter cove) away from us was because they are close to "free lake" access so they can get in with their kayaks without paying a fee....
unfortunately they just took the best cove on the lake for the tree huggers....
I agree with you, however we need to make our disatisfaction known the the BOR and the resort owners.

acatitude
06-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I still think they just want the marinas gone then you will see some nice resorts built there and boating as usuall....
Can you imagine the money the state can make if some big chains come in and build nice hotels and marinas on that lake .... sure beats a bunch of marinas with trailers:idea:

Cas
06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
there's all kinds of pros and cons in regards to the Berryessa thing. The fact that many of the resorts are/were illegally subletting and overcrowding the ground with all those trailers was a big red flag. Putah Creek Resort was dumping raw waste into the lake for many years and failed to comply with the BOR. In essence, there were a lot of f*ck ups and f*cktards at the resorts doing us all in for quite a few years.

06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Berryessa is a test case and what happens there will set a trend for other lakes and rivers. At the BOR meetings the tree huggers said if they get restrictions and regulations on Berryessa they will attempt the same at other lakes/rivers. So anyone who thinks the bark eaters will be satistfied with just one lake is dead wrong...this is just the beginning for those a$$holes. Powerboats, PWCs and partyers are their enemy.:mad:

mr_barron
06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I just started working for the BOR as a laborer and
i love boats and can tell you that most of the people i work with
feel the same.My boss is a cool as$ guy and was just up at the Red bluff Drags a couple weeks ago. As far as them blocking off the bridge its just for the 3 major holidays and at least nobody died so far.....Anyways on memorial day there as still about 300 boats tied up along the bouy line.Hey is there a get together for v-drives or something like that going to happen up here. Sorry for my spelling but im a retard and thats why im a laborer. hahaha:D

Rocket-J
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
The people that work for BOR do not set the policies. They are only feeding their families. The soldier in Iraq did not start the war.:cool: Al

serviiice
06-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Can't we all just get along. I guess not.

06-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Can't we all just get along. I guess not.
You want to try to get along with people that want you gone? They have a multitude of reasons to kick us off all the lakes and rivers. We can start with noise, water pollution, waste of resources [gasoline] intimidation of canoe/kyack/sailboaters, care to go on? These are reasons the bark eaters are using to make their case and its falling on receptive ears. I went to some of the BOR meetings regarding Berryessa and I heard their agenda 1st hand and I can assure you it ain't pretty. Closing the bridge/cove is just the 1st step to eliminate "the problem" [us] and the 'attractive nusance' that the bridge is.

Dave C
06-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Funny you should say that ;) ... in the lawsuit against the BOR, the attorney has alleged that the BOR ignored the 12,000 signature petition that was signed a couple of years ago.
Remember that one? They had it at all the resorts. I signed that petition and so did most of the people I know.
I guess the BOR can care less about the opinions of the 12,000 that signed.
so where was everyone when this was all going down a couple of years ago?
It's the same ole thing, people get all up in arms after it's too late....just like the whole noise law thing.

Dave C
06-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Agreed!!
The bark eaters agenda is published. They want power boats completely off the lake. During those meetings they proposed to have the number of power boats on the lake significantly restricted!!...
Why do that?? to eliminate the attraction to the lake.
I went to some of the BOR meetings regarding Berryessa and I heard their agenda 1st hand and I can assure you it ain't pretty. Closing the bridge/cove is just the 1st step to eliminate "the problem" [us] and the 'attractive nusance' that the bridge is.

Dave C
06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Interesting thing about the death statistics that the BOR is quoting about the bridge .....
There is going to be an article published in the local newspaper showing how the coroners records indicate that most of the deaths on the lake did NOT occur at the Pope creek bridge (as Napa and the BOR have alleged) but occurred elsewhere on the lake.
We are not buying the "public safety" bologna when the BOR has stated that motorized boats are banned but canoes and kayaks are allowed at the bridge (see above) I guess rock jumpers only arrive in motorized boats but not kayaks :) :D ;)
As far as them blocking off the bridge its just for the 3 major holidays and at least nobody died so far.....

707dog
06-08-2007, 07:58 AM
its all B.S up and down the board...the non motorized boats have lake solano(putah creek) and i go fishing there and its very rare to even see a kayak or raft floating around unless its the rented ones or kids playing. so to try and close out a bunch of spots on the lake would be a waste of friggin water way as much as we go to berryessa i can count on 1-2 hands how many kayaker and other small rafts around the lake in a total for this year..its all fokin BS...
they got something else up there sleeves that for sure and only time will tell. lets just keep boating the way we do... i will pull a last of the moahican's on there azz:D they can take all the lil spots they want my azz will still be taking my boat and family out on the water and be the last one standing....might have to give the BOR guys in there non-moterized boats a TOP GUN tower fly by while out on there rafts and kayaks...lmao...jokin:D

justfloatn
06-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Its the same thing Cal 4 wheel has been fighting for years to keep the off-road trails open. The focking tree huggers (Sierra Club) only want hickers, bikers and horses in the woods. It's selfish B.S.:devil: :mad:
The problem with boaters is we are not organized like the C4WD Club. We need a club we can give 25 to 35 bucks a year too to fight this type of sh!t
:idea:

06-08-2007, 08:21 AM
The public saftey is just a BS front to eliminate the problem. Whenever "public saftey" is the topic all people agree that it benefits us all and no one wants to argue against public saftey. Kinda like domestic violence or cancer, all will agree its a bad thing and something must be done about it and the sooner the better. Action must be swift and aggressive to assure it will not reoccur. To the bark eaters and canoers we are the cancer. Get rid of us and all the problems will go away. Regarding the bridge I've been told by local L.E. that we [boaters] are not the cause of 99% of the problem but is the people who park at the lot to party, fight, litter and jump off the rock and the bridge. Seems to me the solution to their problem is to close the parking lot and tow any cars parked around there. The only thing we are guilty of is creating an "attractive nusance" just by being there. I been told more than once that the main attraction to the beach dwellers is the "free boat show".

06-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Its the same thing Cal 4 wheel has been fighting for years to keep the off-road trails open. The focking tree huggers (Sierra Club) only want hickers, bikers and horses in the woods. It's selfish B.S.:devil: :mad:
The problem with boaters is we are not organized like the C4WD Club. We need a club we can give 25 to 35 bucks a year too to fight this type of sh!t
:idea:
Has the Sierra Club used the "wasting of natural resources" arguement with you 4 wheelers? Or is just the noise, pollution and destruction of the land arguement? I read in another forum there is a movement starting up to ban ALL motorsports, thats NHRA, NASCAR, CART, Indy league [or whatever they are calling themselves now] and anything that has an engine because not only its a waste of resources [fuel], it contributes to air pollution, global warming and is totally unnessessary to the economy and well being of Mother Earth. Wake up people this sh*t is for real and our way of life is being threatened. Another phrase the bark eaters like to use is "Think Globally-Act Locally" and thats exactly what they are doing. These people are mobilized and making sh*t happen and we are nothing but a speed bump in their agenda.

Dave C
06-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Agreed.... so the BOR's decision to first acknowledge the shore trash problem then decide NOT to close the parking lot is significant...
Then they allow non-motorized boats in the bridge cove. It was a punishment towards power boaters.. plain and simple.
Typical politicians... say one thing but mean another..:mad:
The public saftey is just a BS front to eliminate the problem. Whenever "public saftey" is the topic all people agree that it benefits us all and no one wants to argue against public saftey. Kinda like domestic violence or cancer, all will agree its a bad thing and something must be done about it and the sooner the better. Action must be swift and aggressive to assure it will not reoccur. To the bark eaters and canoers we are the cancer. Get rid of us and all the problems will go away. Regarding the bridge I've been told by local L.E. that we [boaters] are not the cause of 99% of the problem but is the people who park at the lot to party, fight, litter and jump off the rock and the bridge. Seems to me the solution to their problem is to close the parking lot and tow any cars parked around there. The only thing we are guilty of is creating an "attractive nusance" just by being there. I been told more than once that the main attraction to the beach dwellers is the "free boat show".

Dave C
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Good point... I always point to the CARB sticker put on new engines sold here in Cali....... why do you need a carb sticker on your boat?... There are no laws (currently) limited smog emissions?. no smog test?.... so why the sticker????...
Laws are passed in stages. It will be used someday to restrict your use somewhere. The question is where and when.
an example is the green & red stickers on off-road motorcycles. You can use some bikes on certain days. WTF?
Same thing is going to happen to boats. (starting with Tahoe)
Has the Sierra Club used the "wasting of natural resources" arguement with you 4 wheelers? Or is just the noise, pollution and destruction of the land arguement? I read in another forum there is a movement starting up to ban ALL motorsports, thats NHRA, NASCAR, CART, Indy league [or whatever they are calling themselves now] and anything that has an engine because not only its a waste of resources [fuel], it contributes to air pollution, global warming and is totally unnessessary to the economy and well being of Mother Earth. Wake up people this sh*t is for real and our way of life is being threatened. Another phrase the bark eaters like to use is "Think Globally-Act Locally" and thats exactly what they are doing. These people are mobilized and making sh*t happen and we are nothing but a speed bump in their agenda.

06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I don't think the parking lot trash and beach dwellers will be lining up to watch the kayaks and canoes...problem solved.:(

Dave C
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
No shiat... The trash just walked around rocks to the shoreline where all the boats were sitting.....:) :) ;)
besides how could they watch any kayaks and canoes... there weren't any ;) ;)
I don't think the parking lot trash and beach dwellers will be lining up to watch the kayaks and canoes...problem solved.:(

mr_barron
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I see a lot of people on the board being angry with the BOR but you guys
are fighting against the wrong people.....We just carry out what the people from sacramento tell us......I thing the hippy tree hugging canoer is more the type to show up to a meeting and complain then us beer drinking boat driving type.
Its funny cause you guys think us at the BOR at hippy tree huggers but the most of us would rather throw back some beers and go for a boat ride.

Napanutt
06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
are fighting against the wrong people.....We just carry out what the people from sacramento tell us......I thing the hippy tree hugging canoer is more the type to show up to a meeting and complain then us beer drinking boat driving type.
Its funny cause you guys think us at the BOR at hippy tree huggers but the most of us would rather throw back some beers and go for a boat ride.
Hey that's cool dude,I'm one of them beer drinking non canoeing fukks...
I work for another non-cool gov agency,(pays the bills, not my fault.etc) with headquarters in Sacramento...hopeing that the radical changes won't happen in my life time(been going to Berryessa since 72ish) Don't want things to change...(I hate change)...

06-09-2007, 07:20 AM
There is no anger towards BOR with me and the people that I've met. Just at the tree huggers that want to get rid of us. BOR is just responding to the complaints from the people making the most noise. [Squeaky wheel syndrome] What started this whole fiasco is some people got upset about private mobile homes and trailers on public land that restricted and limited the use of this land and since BOR is responsible for this land and its use they have to respond to such complaints. When these people started looking into this use and so called abuse they questioned the fact that Berryessa is "underutilitiezed" for the 6+ million people so close to this recreation area. Bark eaters want to see power boats, PWCs and anything with an internal combustion engine totally banned from the lake. What I want to know is why their "rights" supercede our rights to access a public lake that our tax dollars paid to build.

mr_barron
06-09-2007, 08:12 PM
From what i hear threw the grape vine is that a lot the the trailers are going to be moved out slowly and a hotel and cabins that can be rented are going to be built.All i know is that yesterday we got a load of new buoys and they all say "Trolling Motor Only." I'm not positive the location that these are going to be placed but I will do some question asking.-b

707dog
06-09-2007, 08:35 PM
From what i hear threw the grape vine is that a lot the the trailers are going to be moved out slowly and a hotel and cabins that can be rented are going to be built.All i know is that yesterday we got a load of new buoys and they all say "Trolling Motor Only." I'm not positive the location that these are going to be placed but I will do some question asking.-b
hey MR BARRON just wanted to say right on for dropping us some info about our play ground(berryessa). i learn to swim and drive a boat at that lake and would like to hopefully pass that along to my kids.
dont take it wrong for us thrashing on the BOR we know you guys dont make the rules just gotta play by them. i just think they should of tryed some different tactics to cut back on all the BS that goes on around the lake. i know you dont have the answer to this one but it would be my ? to the foks who could answer it.......
I want to know is why their "rights" supercede our rights to access a public lake that our tax dollars paid to build.

SANGER-RICH
06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Where are these meetings being held?? What are our options now or is it to late??
Please keep us informed so we dont loose our rights to berryessa

mr_barron
06-10-2007, 06:42 PM
So i found out that "Trolling motors only" buoys are going to be placed around the big isalnd.I dont think that too much is going to be changing in the next couple of years.Those buoys aren't going out any time soon and as far as them shutting down the lake anywhere else.....i dont think it will happen for a while.
Im going to keep asking questions and give yall some more info.....sorry i have been hanging out with a guy from texas and it starting to rub off.I saw a few nice v-drives and jets plus a beautiful hydro at turtle rock.Anyways i need to get my boat together before its too late.peace -b

Dave C
06-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Mr. B.
We understand that you guys only work there and the decisions are made much higher up on the food chain. So its not your fault.
As was mentioned above, this started as someone bitching about the trailers and evolved ever so slowly into closures of public waterways for no particular good reason.
the big island cove is one of the best coves on the lake. Regardless for the reasons given, the BOR is restricting our right to use a public waterway because of our decision to use an internal combustion engine. That's it. That decision was made by the big dogs at the BOR with very little input from the public on this matter.
Most of the bitching over the last couple of years involved trailers and resorts. However when the final amended plan appeared in 6/06 the cove closures miraculously appeared. Everyone, including the non-power boats, could enjoy the lake before this. However this was done specifically for canoes and kayaks to enjoy their own little private domain without interference from us no-good-power boaters. ;)

06-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Dave, Don't forget about the people that want a hiking trail around the entire lake and the people that want......this and that. Seems like there is a group representing every hobby, sport, fetish, desire and way of life....except ours. Still want to know why their rights supercede our rights, nobody can answer that one.

Dave C
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
nor will they answer it.... how dare we even ask them ;)
, nobody can answer that one.
hiking trail....lets go shake the money tree.....
so I guess the hiking trail is going to be like the restricted coves.... sitting empty and unused.:mad:

abraman1326
06-12-2007, 11:28 AM
As many of you know I have been following this for several years. I almost exclusevly boat on Berryessa. I grew up there, my dad grew up there, and now my children are growing up there. I'm sorry Mr. B, but a lot of this is coming from the BOR. Obviously not the guy in the trenches, but the politicians who are in the positions of power. They do not want to answer our questions, or even count our comments, otherwise how do you explain 12,000 signatures being counted as 1. The BFA (Berryessa For All) was organized to bring legal action to the BOR for their ignoring of the public which didn't accept their feelings on what to do w/ Berryessa. I am all for improving Berressa, but for everyone, not just the tree huggers. We're the ones who have been supporting that lake since it's inception, and now they want to allienate us. WTF!! I personally don't see their grand plan happening. There isn't enough tourism around here to support these hotels and such. Sure, it would be nice to see, but the folks w/ the $$ want to spend their time tipping wine glasses, not playing on a lake. I think all those trailers were what's been keeping Berryessa a float for so long. The economic impact to the resorts w/o the trailers will be devestating. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'd like to see our lake get bigger and more popular. Yes it's known as a party lake, but what's wrong w/ that? If you want to stay away from the party, there are plenty of other places on the lake you can go, Dave and I were in one over Memorial. (BTW, I'm still waiting for my ride in the Daytona) This is just the beginning, once the BOR get's away w/ it here, it'll expand to other lakes, and then the whole western US will be asking how did this happen, well I've been asking for help since I joined this board over 3 years ago, and not too many stepped up, now we are seeing the negatives from those actions...
BRA

06-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Its a shame that once these bark eaters get their way other lakes and rivers will fall like dominos...then the crying will begin.:cry: I also have been involved in the organizations to defeat the tree huggers when all this started. Went to meetings when I could and signed more petitions than I could remember. All I came away from these meetings is that BOR had already made their decision and the meetings were just for show. When the tree huggers are out numbered 50 to 1 you would think it would account for something. Me thinks Berryessa is a test bed for tighter control, higher revenue and the ultimate elimination of powerboats. How Berryessa goes goes the other recreation areas.

abraman1326
06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I totally agree 058. Berryessa will be the test bad for all of the other waterways under the BOR's control. It really sucks that our goberment thinks we are such children that we need everything regulated. It'll be interesting to see how the next 10 years plays out on our waterways...
BRA

707dog
06-13-2007, 04:58 AM
anyone know the projected date when the peeps got to get those trailers out of there???
got a few buddys who have trailers in 3 of the resorts and they have heard it was next year sometime but havnt gottin any get out letters yet.....

Dave C
06-13-2007, 08:32 AM
agreed. someone has an agenda that is in opposition to the powerboaters interests and those individuals are making the policy.
Hopefully everyone will wake up and see that no one in a position of power is looking out after our interests.
Also I think the BOR has exceeded its authority when it comes to the closures.
BTW anytime on the ride. :D
As many of you know I have been following this for several years. I almost exclusevly boat on Berryessa. I grew up there, my dad grew up there, and now my children are growing up there. I'm sorry Mr. B, but a lot of this is coming from the BOR. Obviously not the guy in the trenches, but the politicians who are in the positions of power. They do not want to answer our questions, or even count our comments, otherwise how do you explain 12,000 signatures being counted as 1. The BFA (Berryessa For All) was organized to bring legal action to the BOR for their ignoring of the public which didn't accept their feelings on what to do w/ Berryessa. I am all for improving Berressa, but for everyone, not just the tree huggers. We're the ones who have been supporting that lake since it's inception, and now they want to allienate us. WTF!! I personally don't see their grand plan happening. There isn't enough tourism around here to support these hotels and such. Sure, it would be nice to see, but the folks w/ the $$ want to spend their time tipping wine glasses, not playing on a lake. I think all those trailers were what's been keeping Berryessa a float for so long. The economic impact to the resorts w/o the trailers will be devestating. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'd like to see our lake get bigger and more popular. Yes it's known as a party lake, but what's wrong w/ that? If you want to stay away from the party, there are plenty of other places on the lake you can go, Dave and I were in one over Memorial. (BTW, I'm still waiting for my ride in the Daytona) This is just the beginning, once the BOR get's away w/ it here, it'll expand to other lakes, and then the whole western US will be asking how did this happen, well I've been asking for help since I joined this board over 3 years ago, and not too many stepped up, now we are seeing the negatives from those actions...
BRA