PDA

View Full Version : Header for 05 CRF 450R

Speedin' Ian
02-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I smashed my stock header on my bike this past weekend so I need to get something else. I was thinking about getting an aftermarket system but I don't want to spend $500+, especially because I'll probably crash again. Anyone have an extra header lying around, stock or aftermarket?
I think I need a new back wheel as well... damn desert races are hard on equipment!! So if you got an extra 19'' or 18'' wheel I might be interested in that as well.

Mr. Pixilated
02-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I smashed my stock header on my bike this past weekend so I need to get something else. I was thinking about getting an aftermarket system but I don't want to spend $500+, especially because I'll probably crash again. Anyone have an extra header lying around, stock or aftermarket?
I think I need a new back wheel as well... damn desert races are hard on equipment!! So if you got an extra 19'' or 18'' wheel I might be interested in that as well.
Last week I was looking for a rear wheel on ebay.....They had alot of Shiat....I saw 2-3 complete exhast systems(stock)...Good luck...G

Speedin' Ian
02-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah that's probably what I'll do, but I want to make sure my bike's dialed in before the next race in two weeks

JETEATER
02-13-2006, 01:04 PM
I have one.

twindcb
02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
I have a stock one,like new.

JETEATER
02-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Got it all boxed up for you.

Mrs.Racer277
02-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah that's probably what I'll do, but I want to make sure my bike's dialed in before the next race in two weeks
What race?

Boa1277
02-13-2006, 06:05 PM
If I were you I would fork out some cash and buy the Pro Circuit Titanium Header and Silencer, and while you are at it throw on a Boyseen accelerator pump, you will not be mad that is what I did on my 05 what a difference, it is like riding a completely different bike lots of power with no hesitation...Good Luck

JETEATER
02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
I have the FMF Factory 4 with the power bomb header
I also have the Boyesen accelerator pump.
talk about a dif. the pipe is sort of loud when we go on rides over two
hours i have to put in ear plugs.

wsuwrhr
02-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Racer's Edge in Riverside/Mira Loma.
Team Racers Edge (http://teamracersedge.com)
Dan will have anything you need, he knows his shit. He has spent countless hours with the 450.
(Non factory backing)Motor sponsor and builder for #1 Joe Byrd
Tell him Brian, his(pain in the ass) machinist sent you.
Brian

Boa1277
02-13-2006, 10:35 PM
I have the FMF Factory 4 with the power bomb header
I also have the Boyesen accelerator pump.
talk about a dif. the pipe is sort of loud when we go on rides over two
hours i have to put in ear plugs.
It was crazy the difference after the pipe and Boyseen accelerator pump, if you are riding one of these bikes without these upgrade you honestly are missing the boat, I know you think it is fast enough but wait until you try just these two thing, oh yeah I have the Twin Air cage and filter that helped out also.. Good luck and let us know if you heed our advice...

JETEATER
02-15-2006, 06:47 PM
UPS picked up your header 5 min. ago.

tcook33
02-15-2006, 06:50 PM
If you havent found one yet. I'm here in Simi and I have a stock pipe for an 06. They are the same as 05. It's sitting in my garage.