PDA

View Full Version : UltraJohn is Gone

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Just noticed that UltraJohn is now John. The boat in his profile is listed as
"27 foot custom boat"
Hopefully "John" was able to remove the Ultra logos from his seats, as he suggested he wanted to do. Next thing you know, "John" will paint the WCF white and send Ultra the bill.
Maybe some Sea Ray logos will help the point you are trying to make.
Good luck John

RaceFace
06-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Lmao!!!!
:d :d

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 08:40 AM
??
"27 foot custom boat"
Hopefully "John" was able to remove the Ultra logos from his seats, as he suggested he wanted to do. Next thing you know, "John" will paint the WCF white and send Ultra the bill.
Good luck John

Throttle
06-08-2007, 08:48 AM
he is not ever gonna be the same after his trip to havi...:D

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 08:49 AM
"27 foot custom boat"
Good luck John
LMFAO!!
:D :D :D
Maybe he will send Jesse James the bill for having to cover the WCF:)

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 08:51 AM
he is not ever gonna be the same after his trip to havi...:D
Please elaborate. My understanding is that he had a great time at Havi and that most who met John and his wife thought they were nice peeps.
PS What does LMFAO mean?

raff
06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
I think he should just sell the boat and move.....:eek:

Singleton
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
He can do whatever we wants to that boat, everyone that has half a brain will know it is an Ultra. I always have thought the gel work on the WCF boat was insane and as an owner I would give credit to the shop and gel guys that did it.
The minute you start trying to remove that reference and complain about everything bad about the boat, then people are going to ask "Then why did you purchase the boat?"
"27 foot custom boat"
Good luck John

Throttle
06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Please elaborate. My understanding is that he had a great time at Havi and that most who met John and his wife thought they were nice peeps.
PS What does LMFAO mean?
yep, we miss them and want them back... he said they would have to put a trip on the calendar here every year... its just not enuf...

HavaSkank
06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
John and his wife are cool peeps!

beaverretriever
06-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Hey, he could glue these patches right over them ol logos..:D
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/aph444.gifhttp://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/aph449.gif
I personally have always like this one. It would really go with the Jesse James F-off theme.
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/sp1863.gif

Jyruiz
06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
"27 foot custom boat"
Good luck John
Me thinks you have to much free time, quit stalking. :D

RaceFace
06-08-2007, 09:09 AM
PS What does LMFAO mean?
LMFAO means "Laughing My F***ing Ass Off" :D

eliminatedsprinter
06-08-2007, 09:09 AM
PS What does LMFAO mean?
It means you made a funny.:D :rollside:

RiverDave
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
This is just getting weird in here nowdayz..
RD

707dog
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM
"27 foot custom boat"
Good luck John
hey leave my poor lil sea ray company out that mess we enjoy having our own small peice of the world...lmao..jokin:D

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Does this mean he wont be allowed to attend the Ultra regattas?

Nord
06-08-2007, 09:29 AM
RD
I concur

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I wonder if he wears his Ultra shirts inside out now.

jdf
06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
rd sux is that ok in here

LAFD
06-08-2007, 09:37 AM
so what was he planning on putting in the place of the ultra stiching? something like "this is not an ultra" he should just sell it and buy a seedoo.

ratso
06-08-2007, 09:44 AM
RD
What's weird is that I have to come on here to feel normal...:jawdrop:

Daytona100
06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I don,t understand what the problem is. He bought the boat, he uses the boat everyone digs the boat whats the problem???? From what I have read he had to repair the engine is this why he,s bitter???? My inlaws bought a blown 28 ft Nordic from the boat brokers and within the first hour of use they split the block in half and the Boat Brokers told them to pound sand!!!!!!!!!! They fixed it and moved on. Sorry Ultra John but sack up and move on and enjoy your summer on your ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I don,t understand what the problem is. He bought the boat, he uses the boat everyone digs the boat whats the problem???? From what I have read he had to repair the engine is this why he,s bitter???? My inlaws bought a blown 28 ft Nordic from the boat brokers and within the first hour of use they split the block in half and the Boat Brokers told them to pound sand!!!!!!!!!! They fixed it and moved on. Sorry Ultra John but sack up and move on and enjoy your summer on your ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!
Well said. You have to pay to play!

LAFD
06-08-2007, 10:18 AM
:D I don,t understand what the problem is. He bought the boat, he uses the boat everyone digs the boat whats the problem???? From what I have read he had to repair the engine is this why he,s bitter???? My inlaws bought a blown 28 ft Nordic from the boat brokers and within the first hour of use they split the block in half and the Boat Brokers told them to pound sand!!!!!!!!!! They fixed it and moved on. Sorry Ultra John but sack up and move on and enjoy your summer on your ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!
i think it because the motor took a dump a couples drives etc etc and i think hes going after ultra for compensation.not sure but somethin along those lines hopfully someone that really knows will speak up. where grads???:D

Jordy
06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Does this mean he wont be allowed to attend the Ultra regattas?
I'm sure he can go as long as he brings his little pussy buddy Greggie with him. I'm sure they could use a few pinata's to liven up the festivities!!! :D :D :D
What a couple of assclowns. :notam:

shippingguy
06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm sure he can go as long as he brings his little pussy buddy Greggie with him. I'm sure they could use a few pinata's to liven up the festivities!!! :D :D :D
:D :D :D

BajaMike
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
ROTFLMAO........:D

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
The kids would love this.
Although, Is he full of sh*t or candy?
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/264/ujpinatarh1.jpg

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Is there a lemon law that apply's to boats?

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Is this guy complaining AGAIN? Please say it isn't so.
Brian

Jordy
06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Is there a lemon law that apply's to boats?
Could be. I'm sure it applies to people who buy a USED '05 boat clearly sold AS-IS and run it for more than 2 months before having issues. Especially when the person who bought the boat is in way over their head on the performance end of it. Hmmm... sounds like a real lemon to me. :idea: :D
Where's Greggie??? He has sure had an opinion on this matter up until recently. Where are you Thuperman??? :idea: :D

CarBizIndio
06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Sounds like he is getting a crash course in how to be a mechanic.

AZJD
06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
He can do whatever we wants to that boat, everyone that has half a brain will know it is an Ultra. I always have thought the gel work on the WCF boat was insane and as an owner I would give credit to the shop and gel guys that did it.
The minute you start trying to remove that reference and complain about everything bad about the boat, then people are going to ask "Then why did you purchase the boat?"
I agree! I liked the Gel and the middle finger and the name. But then again I am a tattooed hooligan....

LAFD
06-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Sounds like he is getting a crash course in how to be a mechanic.
if he where to work on it. hes getting a crash coarse on who ya gotta pay to fix it on a high performance as is used boat thats not an ultra.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Me thinks you have to much free time, quit stalking. :D
It's Juan isn't it?
Stalking???? That pretty funny.

Jordy
06-08-2007, 11:00 AM
The kids would love this.
Although, Is he full of sh*t or candy?
Looks like this should clear it up a bit. Shit it is. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32529&stc=1&d=1181329182

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Jordy as always getting right to the point and not sugar coating it. :D

Deano
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
:eek: :D :D..meanie

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Looks like this should clear it up a bit. Shit it is. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32529&stc=1&d=1181329182
I shot coffee out my nose. :D :D

Jyruiz
06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
It's Juan isn't it?
Yes it is. Hope you did not take offense as it was just a joke.

socalmofo
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
The motor is from Dereberry(SP) right? Why would he sue Ultra if it broke. It isn't a stock motor. Maybe just sue happy?

Jordy
06-08-2007, 11:21 AM
The motor is from Dereberry(SP) right? Why would he sue Ultra if it broke. It isn't a stock motor.
DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! What do we have for our winner ladies and gentlemen??? :D :D :D
Well, our lucky winner will have the opportunity to remove the Ultra Custom Boats stitching from the headrests of the West Coast F*cker. :D :D :D

acatitude
06-08-2007, 11:26 AM
The motor is from Dereberry(SP) right? Why would he sue Ultra if it broke. It isn't a stock motor. Maybe just sue happy?
Let me say i have no knowledge of what or why is in the alledged lawsuit,, but what I heard was that the motor was not the CI as stated and the workmanship on the motor was terrible to say the least, and again Im assuming that Ultra boat somehow represented the motor differently then it actually was... again 3rd hand info not to be treated as facts...wouldnt the suit be of public records someplace???

Devilman
06-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Let me say i have no knowledge of what or why is in the alledged lawsuit,, but what I heard was that the motor was not the CI as stated and the workmanship on the motor was terrible to say the least, and again Im assuming that Ultra boat somehow represented the motor differently then it actually was... again 3rd hand info not to be treated as facts...wouldnt the suit be of public records someplace???
Yep, I remember readin some long ass thread UltraJohn, (excuse me, "John":D ) started titled "Dereberry Lied About My Motor" or some shit like that.....

Wild Horses
06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
It's Juan isn't it?
Juan is right, Stalking!
You complain about him saying anything about your beloved Ultra company, but at every turn you bash this guy. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :idea: :idea:

Biglue
06-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Yep, I remember readin some long ass thread UltraJohn, (excuse me, "John":D ) started titled "Dereberry Lied About My Motor" or some shit like that.....
It's "John. (period)"....dumbass. :D

Jordy
06-08-2007, 11:41 AM
It's "John. (period)"....dumbass. :D
John got his period??? Greggie must be so relieved. ;) :D

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
where is Grads2112??

Biglue
06-08-2007, 11:44 AM
John got his period??? Greggie must be so relieved. ;) :D
Thought John was the pitcher? :confused: :confused: :)

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes it is. Hope you did not take offense as it was just a joke.
Not at all. As I said, it was pretty funny. :D :D
Juan is right, Stalking!
You complain about him saying anything about your beloved Ultra company, but at every turn you bash this guy. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :idea: :idea:
I suggest you find one time where I have ever complained about UltraJohn saying anything negative about, my so called "beloved Ultra company". I can tell you before you look that you won't find anything. UJ's friend, grads is another story.
Someone told me recently, "get your facts straight". I listened and suggest you do the same.
Have a nice day
John M

78Eliminator
06-08-2007, 12:42 PM
I too would kind of like to know the story behind this. Something was mentioned about the guy with the WCF boat, that he sued Ultra or John the owner for something, but what?

shippingguy
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I too would kind of like to know the story behind this. Something was mentioned about the guy with the WCF boat, that he sued Ultra or John the owner for something, but what?
Nothing has happened yet and the guy really does not have much to stand on. I think he is reaching, but that is my opinion. Like previously mentioned the guy bought a 27 Shadow with a 1000+ HP blower motor in it. Went for a test drive before signing the "AS IS" Paperwork no warranty Boat ran great. Had the boat for if I am not mistaken for close to 3 months and blows the motor and also I think broke the tranny in the drive. He is now in the hole $$$ wise with the repairs and feels Ultra should pay. There is a bit more, but that should give you a brief idea.
Oh yeah and he has a friend on here GRADS2112 who has talked a bunch of crap about the boat and to the owner while the boat was broken and is now swinging from the owners nuts again and not helping the owners so called lawsuit!!!:) .
Mike

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Won't make no matter cuz behind it all he's still an attention ***** with a massive inferiority complex that manifests itself in a whiney crybaby 'poor little me' personality.
He could paint himself purple and try to pass himself off as a martian and we'd still know it was Ultra-boohoo-John.:cry: :cry:
Rio
6 years of crying bitching and name calling and still I have yet to see riodog on the water.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Mike,
Thanks for providing a brief explanation.
jm
LMFAO means "Laughing My F***ing Ass Off" :D
Thanks. I have been wondering about this for a while now. Duh!!
Thanks again.

justfloatn
06-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks. I have been wondering about this for a while now. Duh!!
Thanks again.
No worries, We're all getting used to the Ultra owners being a little slow.
I just had to do it:D :D :D

LAFD
06-08-2007, 02:15 PM
its not an ultra unless it has the stiching still on it.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Especially us older Ultra owners :)
???

shippingguy
06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=justfloatn;2610041]No worries, We're all getting used to the Ultra owners being a little slow.
Some day us Ultra owners will have FAST Nordics like you and "Fast Freddy"on the boards:) :D :D
Had to do it:)

LAFD
06-08-2007, 02:21 PM
???[/QUOTE]
ultra john wanted to take the ultra stiching off his sets. come on now was it really that hard to figure out??:D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Some day us Ultra owners will have FAST Nordics like you and "Fast Freddy"on the boards:) :D :D
Had to do it:)
:D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 02:24 PM
ultra john wanted to take the ultra stiching off his sets. come on now was it really that hard to figure out??:D
Sorry. I knew what you meant. The ???'s were about what UJ is going have after his logos are removed.
jm

LAFD
06-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry. I knew what you meant. The ???'s were about what UJ is going have after his logos are removed.
jm
no worries hes a tool anyway.

raff
06-08-2007, 02:32 PM
It's not a Ultra at all if you John.

HM
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
jm
Taking the stitching off of the seats will have the same effect as when Clark Kent takes off his glasses!!! People will be asking where the WCF boat went and who makes this new super bitchin boat they have never seen before!?!?!?!

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Taking the stitching off of the seats will have the same effect as when Clark Kent takes off his glasses!!! People will be asking where the WCF boat went and who makes this new super bitchin boat they have never seen before!?!?!?!
I think that there have been a few Ultra's made with no Ultra logos anywhere on the boat. Once and Ultra alwyas an Ultra. I guess if someone asks UJ (I mean John) what kind of boat he owns he will say, it's a West Coast Focker.
It all seems pretty silly to me.

Jordy
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I guess if someone asks UJ (I mean John) what kind of boat he owns he will say, it's a West Coast Focker.
So do you think he and Thuper Greggie take turns playing "West Coast?" :D :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 04:59 PM
So do you think he and Thuper Greggie take turns playing "West Coast?" :D :D :D
Probabally so.
Seems Thuper Greggie is bi-coastal, for sure. :D :D :jawdrop:

Not So Fast
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
This is great ;) A little drama that doesn't bring up Magic boats once :D NSF

Tom Brown
06-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I wonder if John has thought this through to the point of when he tries to sell the boat. Modifying a collectible item is never a good idea.
.... but I guess if he didn't get enough free stuff, he has no choice but to retaliate
6 years of crying bitching and name calling and still I have yet to see riodog on the water.
That is what's so perfect about Rio. He has taken colic to the highest levels. :cool:

sdpm
06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Let me tell you about that " SOLD AS IS " statement if you are a dealer. Doesn't mean SH$T in court. Trust me. Been there, done that!! If a dealer is selling it through the business, the business has to "warrantee" everything that leaves it's lot. I know it is not right, but that is the law. Now if it was sold by an individual it becomes " buyer beware" law and the buyer should have taken it to a qualified or authorized shop for inspection before purchase! This is how it was explained to me in court from the JUDGE!!!:mad:

Jordy
06-08-2007, 05:38 PM
This is great ;) A little drama that doesn't bring up Magic boats once :D NSF
Oh really? I heard that's what UltraJane is looking at next. I mean Jane's Period. Man, this is going to take some getting used to. :idea: :D

Tom Brown
06-08-2007, 05:42 PM
This is how it was explained to me in court from the JUDGE!!!:mad:
I think you're talking about a dealer selling a broken product. It should work when the buyer takes possession or it's not fit for the use it was sold for. Having it break some time later is a completely different deal.

voodoomedman
06-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I think that there have been a few Ultra's made with no Ultra logos anywhere on the boat. Once and Ultra alwyas an Ultra. I guess if someone asks UJ (I mean John) what kind of boat he owns he will say, it's a West Coast Focker.
It all seems pretty silly to me.
Well I would agree. Ever notice how all the emblems on the gelcoat are stickers only. John doesn't want you to have to do gel work to remove some writing later. As far as the stitching, that is up to the customer. I decided every spot I wanted the logo on my boat. If I didn't want any on there then there wouldn't have been any. No questions asked.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Let me tell you about that " SOLD AS IS " statement if you are a dealer. Doesn't mean SH$T in court. Trust me. Been there, done that!! If a dealer is selling it through the business, the business has to "warrantee" everything that leaves it's lot. I know it is not right, but that is the law. Now if it was sold by an individual it becomes " buyer beware" law and the buyer should have taken it to a qualified or authorized shop for inspection before purchase! This is how it was explained to me in court from the JUDGE!!!:mad:
There is no doubt that there is a law of merchantability, meaning that the product must perform it's advertised function at the point of sale. However, any product sold by a dealer, AS-IS with NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, if something breaks a week, a month or two after the sale, the dealer has no responsibility to warrant said product. The law is clear in this regard. If this wasn't the case, used cars sold by dealers AS-IS, etc. would be warranted forever, which clearly isn't the case. AS-IS with NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, means exactly that.
I think you're talking about a dealer selling a broken product. It should work when the buyer takes possession or it's not fit for the use it was sold for. Having it break some time later is a completely different deal.
Tom,
Your comment follows California law.

sdpm
06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Tom, I wish I was. Your right, it should work like that but it doesn't. A dealer or a service shop can not let "anything" leave their business without a warrantee no matter where or whom it came from. If it was a trade in (as in my case) and was sold to an private party or individual a warantee must accompany the item even it is a very short term one but one must be given in written form and signed and understood from the purchaser. I feel John's pain. Like I said, been there and lost!!
Customer bought used boat (trade in). Boat was competely checked out and I mean really checked out from top to bottom inc. trailer. Customer had boat for 6 weeks and added 21 hours to the hour meter. Engine locked up. Customer brought back boat. Pulled drive and seperated upper from lower. Impeller was gone and I mean gone! Ran with no water for quite awhile. Engine hurt badly. Customer took me to court. I lost!! Nice!:confused:

sdpm
06-08-2007, 06:18 PM
There is no doubt that there is a law of merchantability, meaning that the product must perform it's advertised function at the point of sale. However, any product sold by a dealer, AS-IS with NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, if something breaks a week, a month or two after the sale, the dealer has no responsibility to warrant said product. The law is clear in this regard. If this wasn't the case, used cars sold by dealers AS-IS, etc. would be warranted forever, which clearly isn't the case. AS-IS with NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, means exactly that.
Tom,
That wording is used more for "hopeing that the customer won't come back if there is a problem". My wifes uncle is a sales mgr for a Toyota dealership and this is how he also explained it to me. A deturrant. You can't sign your rights away!

Ultracrazy
06-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Tom, I wish I was. Your right, it should work like that but it doesn't. A dealer or a service shop can not let "anything" leave their business without a warrantee no matter where or whom it came from. If it was a trade in (as in my case) and was sold to an private party or individual a warantee must accompany the item even it is a very short term one but one must be given in written form and signed and understood from the purchaser. I feel John's pain. Like I said, been there and lost!!
Customer bought used boat (trade in). Boat was competely checked out and I mean really checked out from top to bottom inc. trailer. Customer had boat for 6 weeks and added 21 hours to the hour meter. Engine locked up. Customer brought back boat. Pulled drive and seperated upper from lower. Impeller was gone and I mean gone! Ran with no water for quite awhile. Engine hurt badly. Customer took me to court. I lost!! Nice!:confused:
Sorry dude.........you are talking out your ass on this point. I worked civil for many years. You have no leagl basis for your claim.

Ultracrazy
06-08-2007, 06:31 PM
You internet lawyers kill me............

sdpm
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry dude.........you are talking out your ass on this point. I worked civil for many years. You have no leagl basis for your claim.
Sorry DUDE, it wasn't my claim.

sdpm
06-08-2007, 06:36 PM
What is LEAGL? You must have been a great lawyer.

Ultracrazy
06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
What is LEAGL? You must have been a great lawyer.
Shall I pick apart your spelling? Go spell check your last post.
Seperated? And that's just one. Now........your answers are wrong.

Ultracrazy
06-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Customer bought used boat (trade in). Boat was competely checked out and I mean really checked out from top to bottom inc. trailer. Customer had boat for 6 weeks and added 21 hours to the hour meter. Engine locked up. Customer brought back boat. Pulled drive and seperated upper from lower. Impeller was gone and I mean gone! Ran with no water for quite awhile. Engine hurt badly. Customer took me to court. I lost!! Nice!
Anything else SDPM????

Daytona100
06-08-2007, 07:11 PM
So if I go out and buy a Top fuel dragster and I blow the motor after the first pass I can sue and get a new one for free!!!!!!!!! Shit :D I'm going racing!!!!!!!

Ultracrazy
06-08-2007, 07:14 PM
So if I go out and buy a Top fuel dragster and I blow the motor after the first pass I can sue and get a new one for free!!!!!!!!! Shit :D I'm going racing!!!!!!!
:D

Johnwithjm
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Neal are you guys not racing in Chowchilla?

Daytona100
06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Man I just noticed that your boat was on the Ultra banner on the home page. I would call immediatly and have it removed!!!!!!!! :D

CARLSON-JET
06-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Talk about spelling?? If you know every outcome of any given trial, you should be the the richest son of a B in the world.. and to think you can't even spell legal.. LOLOL What fukin joke..
Your spelling also sucks ass.. Next:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
06-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Customer bought used boat (trade in). Boat was competely checked out and I mean really checked out from top to bottom inc. trailer. Customer had boat for 6 weeks and added 21 hours to the hour meter. Engine locked up. Customer brought back boat. Pulled drive and seperated upper from lower. Impeller was gone and I mean gone! Ran with no water for quite awhile. Engine hurt badly. Customer took me to court. I lost!! Nice!
Anything else SDPM????
Based on the law, you would only lose such a case if there was no signed purchaser acknowledgment of an AS-IS purchase with NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. In the absence, of such a document, the doctrine of 'Reasonable Expectation" would be applied and the Courts would, no doubt, rule against the seller.
Another instance where you could lose a case similar to yours again would again involve no signed purchaser acknowledgment of an AS-IS purchase with NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. In the absence of the same the Court may consider that implied warranty existed. In this case, the Court may determine the duration and terms of the implied warranty based on industry standards, customs and practices. A Court applied implied warranty would still fall within the scope of the doctrine of 'Reasonable Expectation" .
The issue of 'Reasonable Expectation" would also be applied where a buyer understands and accepts that the product is being sold with NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. It is very difficult for a buyer to prove his or her 'Reasonable Expectation that the product carried a warranty when they have acknowledged, in writing at the time of purchase, that they understood, accepted and took delivery of a product that carried no warranty. Of course this does not affect the law of merchantability.
Also, it does not appear as if the Federal Used Car Rule would apply to the sale of a used boat.
If someone can provide CA law or CA case law to the contrary, I will stand corrected.
John M
PS Any case can be lost in Small Claims Court.

Wild Horses
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Not at all. As I said, it was pretty funny. :D :D
I suggest you find one time where I have ever complained about UltraJohn saying anything negative about, my so called "beloved Ultra company". I can tell you before you look that you won't find anything. UJ's friend, grads is another story.
Someone told me recently, "get your facts straight". I listened and suggest you do the same.
Have a nice day
John M
You started this thread, what do you call that! UJ and Grads are close enough that if you swing for one you will hit the other. It's all just symantecs.
And thank you for your suggestion's I will heed them just as well as you have let sleeping dogs lie!:sleeping: :sleeping:

Jordy
06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
UJ and Grads are close enough that if you swing for one you will hit the other.
As illustrated by respondant's exhibit #1A:
I still think you could hit one without the other knowing, it's just a matter of skill and application of proper force. Then again, if you kick Greggie in the chin, you just might neuter John's Period. :jawdrop: :eek: :D

plaster dave
06-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Can’t this guy do what he wants with out all you guys jumping his shit? So he changed his screen name and is removing the Ultra name from his boat, who cares. It is his boat and he can do what he wants to. If you were lied to "as he said he was" wouldn't you be mad? Before any of you say any thing no one was there when he bought the boat from Ultra Custom Boats so it is John West word against Ultra Johns. Just my .02

Jordy
06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Can’t this guy do what he wants with out all you guys jumping his shit?
Not when he and Greggie are being little bitches dropping hints about his pending lawsuit like a couple of little school girl bitches. That tends to draw a little more scrutiny... :notam:
Using Greggie as his PR agent probably wasn't the best move either:
nice pics grads. so, how difficult do you think it would be to strip off the ultra stiching in my seats? is that even possible? do you think I'd end up with a bunch of little holes?
Interestingly enough, that post was deleted. Too bad it was quoted before that happened. :notam:
UltraJohn does not want to advertise for Ultra in any way. Kind of ironic when you think about his screen name. Maybe John West will counter sue UJ to change his name.
What he's trying to say is don't buy anything but a bare hull from Ultra because they won't stand behind anything else.
So now your saying that Ultra makes it a practice to do business with shady companies?
In the beginning I agreed with what most are saying now...UJ bought a used boat as is with big h.p. and everyone knows its just a matter of time before it breaks. If it was that simple I don't think UJ would be pursuing this legally. After hearing and seeing some of the facts/issues first hand it's safe to say that he has a pretty good case but I guess that will be for the courts to decide.
Hey UJ, I will personally spring for a pair of these gloves when you collect the check from JW.http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/happy0194.gif (http://www.smileyvillage.com)
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9619/wccglovef793921ue9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sdpm
06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
John M., yes that sounded like alot of the wording the judge in (small claims) court used. She felt that 21 hours of use was not very much time and felt that the customer was wronged. I asked her (the judge) how long do I have to stand behind something I sell that is used and she explained to me that she was to believe that the standard was 90 days and that hours or a time was not acceptable? I tried to explain to her about boats and hours used with alot of sitting time and she did not want to hear it. All I know is that I lost and will never sell a used boat again.
Yes you are right, I don't know the law and never claimed to either. All I know is what happened to me. I would be more that happy to provide a transscript.

plaster dave
06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Not when he and Greggie are being little bitches dropping hints about his pending lawsuit like a couple of little school girl bitches. That tends to draw a little more scrutiny... :notam:
Using Greggie as his PR agent probably wasn't the best move either:
Interestingly enough, that post was deleted. Too bad it was quoted before that happened. :notam:
You are correct that probably does not help his lawsuit I would think.

Jordy
06-08-2007, 09:03 PM
You are correct that probably does not help his lawsuit I would think.
Yeah, I'm keeing my fingers crossed for a countersuit. I think that has alot to do with Greggie changing his avatar from a pic of him and John West, as well as pulling down pics that he had photoshopped me into with JW. Too bad he's too much of a pussy to come on here and explain why he's, well, such a pussy... :notam:
C'mon countersuit!!! :D :D :D

Ultracrazy
06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Talk about spelling?? If you know every outcome of any given trial, you should be the the richest son of a B in the world.. and to think you can't even spell legal.. LOLOL What fukin joke..
Your spelling also sucks ass.. Next:idea:
Hmmmmmmmm..........one spelling mistake and I'm an ass??? And who the **** are you?

MADDOG355
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I have no dog in this fight but really want to get opinions on something.
I have been half way keeping up with this ( I don't spend alot of time on the boards and normally avoid the drama), But there was a comment made in a earlyer post that got my attention. Without getting into the "AS IS" aspect, A comment was made that the motor was not what it was advertised to be.
(Example) "This is a custom built 572 blower motor" and after teardown it is discovered it is a stock 502!
Would that give grounds to a suit?
The reason I ask is I sold a car to a friend with a 350 built to about 400 hp but still 350 crank and block, 2 owners later it showed up at a used dealer that I worked for and the dealer is saying it is a 383 stroker. I know the two other owners very well so I go look at the car, Still my old motor! I know it is the motor I built. Double check with both guys yea it IS my motor. I inform the dealer that is a .030 over 350 NOT a 383! (he knew I had built the car and was not trying to buy it) He sold it to another dealer I also know and told him it was a 383!!! :jawdrop: That dealer was also later informed it was a 350!! 3 years later I see the car on the side of the road with a 4sale sign, I stop and look, the owner walks up and starts telling me about the car and the 383!!!!.
I know both dealers here was informed of the Issue, and that may not be the case here, but could that have a bearing on this issue?
AGIAN I HAVE NO TIES TO ANY OF THIS And I am not trying to degrade ULTRA in any way.

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Let's see there sweetpea, crying-you don't hear me crying, bitching- about what? name calling- just calling it as I see it. I've taken the heat just as I've given the heat so what the f*ck is your point? Tryin to start some sh*t are we?
'Yet to see me on the water'? I stopped doin Havazoo about the time all of you newbees started destroying the ambience. Come on down to the lower river an play. Wanna make a date- my #'s listed ->IS YOURS?
Rio->Michael
Sweetpea? lol No gayness here. Newbie? Oh say about 28 years ago I was destroying the ambience with a boat!! YUP. Just wondering if you still have one? I offered you a race when you called ME out years ago and well? Years gone by and NOTHING. Numbers? lol 949-510-1077 been the same I think since you called ME out years ago. Oh yah sorry different screen name. (blown sleek) Lost it when they re did the forum around 1998 or so. Anyhow just wondering if your still holding Gregs penis for him. Anyhow I was in Havi the last 5 weekends or so and will be there tomorrow if you like to meet up for a drink. You and the killers can swing from my special veign or is it vine. Never mind your right just starting shit.

acatitude
06-08-2007, 09:25 PM
not that I profess to be a lawyer and you know there is no love lost between me and uj the baby whiner but actually all the posts Grads put in here, I dont think have any basis for a counter suit, I could be wrong. the closest one would be where he stated something about only buy a hull because ultra wont stand behind it but he prefesed that with" what he is trying to say" and the other dumb remarks are prefesed as not HIS statements but such as "so now your trying to say" . I dont see amy statements where he personally made a slanderous statement, only referencing what someone else was saying regardless of his intent which we know was to stir the pot..
Also I have a gut feeling the alledged lawsuit is not so much about the as is no warrenty, as it is about not being what he was told he was buying.... and here we are on page 4 and no word from the alledged duet and the lawsuit talk is still flying high.... has someone picked up the ball and ran with it in here,,,,, geesh ultra 26, your bashing them as assholes for talking about the lawsuit and here you are keeping it alive for them?????????????? your giving them all the attention you say they want???? Im not getting it... Id think youd let this die instead of feeding them.. just my 02

CARLSON-JET
06-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Hmmmmmmmm..........one spelling mistake and I'm an ass??? And who the **** are you?
I may not have expressed myself clearly using the term "sucks ass." I never called you an ass. I used ass in the same context as in "I could give a rats ass" to your question as to who the **** I am. ;) One concludes an assumption was made as to knowing an individuals court case and acted as though one is an authority in case law. Again to me, the funny part of your initial rebuttle still does not include why one would feel you are an expert in case law. :sleeping:

Ultracrazy
06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
I may not have expressed myself clearly using the term "sucks ass." I never called you an ass. I used ass in the same context as in "I could give a rats ass" to your question as to who the **** I am. ;) One concludes an assumption was made as to knowing an individuals court case and acted as though one is an authority in case law. Again to me, the funny part of your initial rebuttle still does not include why one would feel you are an expert in case law. :sleeping:
I made comments based on the facts given not to the actual legal (sp) merits of the case. And as far as my credentials, well lets just say my exposure to civil law is extensive and my resources are endless.

CARLSON-JET
06-09-2007, 01:44 AM
Cool, As long as you don't think I was calling you an ass. :)

Ultracrazy
06-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Cool, As long as you don't think I was calling you an ass. :)
Okee, I will concede that there was no ass calling :D

meaniam
06-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Tom,
Does the California Lemon Law apply to used vehicles?
Yes, if the repair visits occurred within the original or extended warranty period.
there is also laws on a used car dealer having responsibilties to disclose any known defects. and just saying we had no idea. doesnt get you free and clear.
now the lemon laws state altered or modified parts are no longer covered. or any parts that fail due to modification. now i dont know the boats history. but if wc and ultra were partners on the build and modification. and those parts failed ultra will be held responsible. and agian i dont know but didnt he buy this from ultra. if so was it disclosed the engine was replaced and modified and not to be considered stock? in california discloser is required. and it being a 2005. most builders offer 2 year warrenty. this boat maybe an exception. but it is a bad ass looking boat none the less.
i agian will say that uj aka john should be left alone. he cannot control the action of greg. dont know either. or distant history. put it seems like john is a target and that appears to be an obsession. who give a sh!t if he wants to remove the name and inquires the best way to do this. get up off his nutz and leave him out of your post. tired of seeing this stupid sh!t. bash greg he is the shit head talkin about this all.
by the way I know none of the parties and dont care.:D

meaniam
06-09-2007, 06:07 AM
sorry but 10 years in the buissness should have tuaght me enough to know you sir are talkin out your ass.
if you feel i am wrong look up a case that involved ugly duckling auto sale in fontana california around year 2000. state took up the suit on behalf of consumers. ugly ducklings fix for everything was stop leak in a bottle and thick oil additives. i remember even hearing wood shaving in transmission. never inspected one of there cars or bought one. so dont know it for a fact what they did.
a little side note dealership at same location named drivetime auto now. right after suit.
he is the one calling you an ass. i thought that was pretty clear.:D <---by the way this is me giving you a hard time. just toyin with you

ULTRA26 # 1
06-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Does the California Lemon Law apply to used vehicles?
Yes, if the repair visits occurred within the original or extended warranty period.
there is also laws on a used car dealer having responsibilties to disclose any known defects. and just saying we had no idea. doesnt get you free and clear.
now the lemon laws state altered or modified parts are no longer covered. or any parts that fail due to modification. now i dont know the boats history. but if wc and ultra were partners on the build and modification. and those parts failed ultra will be held responsible. and agian i dont know but didnt he buy this from ultra. if so was it disclosed the engine was replaced and modified and not to be considered stock? in california discloser is required. and it being a 2005. most builders offer 2 year warrenty. this boat maybe an exception. but it is a bad ass looking boat none the less.
i agian will say that uj aka john should be left alone. he cannot control the action of greg. dont know either. or distant history. put it seems like john is a target and that appears to be an obsession. who give a sh!t if he wants to remove the name and inquires the best way to do this. get up off his nutz and leave him out of your post. tired of seeing this stupid sh!t. bash greg he is the shit head talkin about this all.
by the way I know none of the parties and dont care.:D
Are you in some way suggesting that the California Lemon Law applies to used boats that are sold with no Warranty Expressed or Implied? Nonetheless, modification is not at issue.
With regards to industry standards on motors such as 1200 to 1400 HP racing motors, the warranty period, if a warranty is provided at all, is generally 90 days from point of sale. Mercury Marine's standard warranty on their non-racing motors is, in most cases 1 year. In some cases this warranty is extended to 2 years with certain certification of the installer. With all marine engine builders, the higher the horsepower, the shorter the warranty period. With the remainder of the a boat, standard new boat warranties, bow to stern, are generally 1 year. Hull warranties vary by manufacturer, but usually range from 5 to 10 years.
Obviously the marine industry varies greatly from the auto industry.

Jordy
06-09-2007, 07:39 AM
i agian will say that uj aka john should be left alone. he cannot control the action of greg.
First off, John's Period has made just as many little comments about the lawsuit as Greggie, effectively painting just as big of a target on himself as Greggie has. As was suggested earlier, you can't hit one without the other. They've both proved themselves to be little bitches here, and on other boards. :)
Secondly, if I was in the middle of trying to bring legal action against someone and one of my jackass buddies was running rampant around the boards making comments and stirring the shit up, you can bet I'd have it handled before it ever got to this point. Hell, I was even suggesting that John's Period have a talk with Greggie and tell him to STFU as he wasn't doing anything to help "the lawsuit" which wasn't entirely out in the open. :idea:
You can see for yourself in the pics from Folsom Lake thread that now resides in benchracers. ;)

acatitude
06-09-2007, 04:12 PM
What a bunch of fokin buzzards. Some of you need to go boating more often or find a nice hobby to occupy your time.
Denis, when we going bro??????/ you coming to shasta:D :D

Ultracrazy
06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
What a bunch of fokin buzzards. Some of you need to go boating more often or find a nice hobby to occupy your time.
Duly noted and I will take your advise and plan to be knee deep in a 12 pack by this time tomorrow.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Duly noted and I will take your advise and plan to be knee deep in a 12 pack by this time tomorrow.:D
:D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I remember UJ's original postings on this matter many months ago. Wasn't part of his claim that the boat was seriously misrepresented to him in terms of the Dereberry engine? I recall improper parts being used, poor worksmanship, engine misrepresented to him, things of that nature. If that's the case, there's a lot more to this story than a used boat breaking. If that is true, and I don't know if it is, than we're talking about the builder of a boat making serious misrepresentations to the buyer. Used or not, that's not going to fly. JMO YMMV.
Here are a few posts by UJ last September
Posted by Ultra John 09/09/06
Derebery built the motor for Jesse James "for free" with the idea that they were going to get some free advertising on TV from the build. They basically convinced all their vendors to donate the parts; and then Derebery put it all together. They claim it is worth $50k. We bought the boat (including motor) from Jesse. Everything was represented as being in tip top brand new shape.
I'm spending about $10k fixing it.
The biggest thing that I don't get is why Derebery lied about the motor size. They misrepresented to everyone, including me, that this motor was a 632 cubic inch when it was actually only a 604 ci.
Posted by Ultra John 09/09/06
As far as the guys at Ultra knew, this boat was "the shiznit". They did an awesome job on their part. The only person who knew that the motor was poorly built (until we found out) was Derebery. Derebery lied to everyone about it.
Posted by Ultra John 09/10/06
purchase agreement says big motor, big drive, no warranty
Posted by Ultra John 09/10/06
I'm pretty sure that as far as JW knew, the motor was in good shape. I agree that Derebery should help pay to fix this motor. I think maybe Jesse should too. I mostly wish that I didn't have to. when I bought the boat I sure didn't plan on spending another $10k on rebuilding the motor.
Posted by Ultra John 09/11/06
Derebery had some poor workmanship and I admit that I should have had this motor gone through before buying it. It was a huge mistake and I've beaten myself up over it all summer.
or as my wife says, no more buying used anything without warrantys, no matter how pratically new it is. next time it's a new boat with a motor (or motors) that has a warranty.

redneckcharlie
06-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm curious, has anybody actually seen a copy of the lawsuit? And who is actually being sued, and for what?:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
06-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Those were the posts I was recalling.
Look, I'm not a lawyer and neither are you. I know a little about the law. There's a lot of gray area in this deal. There's more than enough blame to go around on this deal, that's for sure. I'm going out on a limb and saying that UJ feels that not only was the boat misrepresented to him, but to Jesse and to Ultra. I believe, and this is only my opinion, that as the manufacturer, Ultra is at least partly culpable, maybe more than partly, because they fully involved themselves in propagating the misrepresentation by using the boat in magazine articles, boat shows, etc. They represented the boat a certain way, not simply to the buyer, but to the entire boating community and the boat, it appears, was simply not up to those standards.
I don't have all the facts or answers, but I can certainly see where a potential lawsuit might arise.
The misrepresentation being 604 CI as opposed to 632, by Leon Derebery. UJ has the burden of proving that Ultra misrepresented the cubic inch size of the Derebery motor. Very difficult to do without the motor apart for defense experts to examine.
Also, please refer to UJ's on comment about the price of the rebuild as being 10K. The amount UJ is claiming for the rebuild now is near 30K.
As I have stated in the past, I hope that UJ gets every penny he is legally entitled to from the action he filed against Ultra. If UJ does not prevail, I would hope Ultra has a counter suit is in place that will, at least, allow Ultra to recover it's defense costs.
I am not a big fan of frivolous and/or inflated law suits. I have been involved in the defense of many such suits.
This is clearly not a case of breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing. For Ultra to have any serious exposure, (ie punitive damages) Ultra would have had to have acted with malice, which based on UJ's on words, Ultra did not. Misrepresentation, as you refer to the issue at hand, falls under Breach of Contract. The contract damages in this case are limited to the amount of the breach. As stated previously, UJ must allow the cylinders in the Derebery motor, to be examined by defense experts to validate or invalidate UJ's allegations. If the Derebery motor is truley a 604, then it will be up to experts from both sides to present their respective cases with regard to the value of 28 cubic inches, with respect to a 1000 plus HP blower motor. Really, there is nothing gray about this case at all.
One thing for sure, the only ones who stand to make a great deal of money in a case like this, are the attorneys.
Sometimes standing up for what you know in your heart to be right, isn't worth the cost of defense or offense, depending on your postition.
This is a case for mediation, ASAP.

acatitude
06-10-2007, 02:21 PM
The misrepresentation being 604 CI as opposed to 632, by Leon Derebery. UJ has the burden of proving that Ultra misrepresented the cubic inch size of the Derebery motor. Very difficult to do without the motor apart for defense experts to examine.
Also, please refer to UJ's on comment about the price of the rebuild as being 10K. The amount UJ is claiming for the rebuild now is near 30K.
As I have stated in the past, I hope that UJ gets every penny he is legally entitled to from the action he filed against Ultra. If UJ does not prevail, I would hope Ultra has a counter suit is in place that will, at least, allow Ultra to recover it's defense costs.
I am not a big fan of frivolous and/or inflated law suits. I have been involved in the defense of many such suits.
This is clearly not a case of breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing. For Ultra to have any serious exposure, (ie punitive damages) Ultra would have had to have acted with malice, which based on UJ's on words, Ultra did not. Misrepresentation, as you refer to the issue at hand, falls under Breach of Contract. The contract damages in this case are limited to the amount of the breach. As stated previously, UJ must allow the cylinders in the Derebery motor, to be examined by defense experts to validate or invalidate UJ's allegations. If the Derebery motor is truley a 604, then it will be up to experts from both sides to present their respective cases with regard to the value of 28 cubic inches, with respect to a 1000 plus HP blower motor. Really, there is nothing gray about this case at all.
One thing for sure, the only ones who stand to make a great deal of money in a case like this, are the attorneys.
Sometimes standing up for what you know in your heart to be right, isn't worth the cost of defense or offense, depending on your postition.
This is a case for mediation, ASAP.
was wondering how you know the motor damages are 30K????? do you have more info from JW then you are alluding too???
YOur statement of misrepresentation could be in the form of a bill of sale, stating certain CI of a motor and its condition...... there could be witnesses who will testify that that motor was not built in a professional manner, as it may have articulated to in a bill of sale, therefore showing misrepresentation be it implied or just bad luck on the part of Ultra who I assume sold the boat to UJ, on some sort of consignment from JJ.. who owned the boat at the time of sale??
Sounds like you have more info then most and are running interference for ultra......

ULTRA26 # 1
06-10-2007, 02:44 PM
That's your opinion, not a legal opinion. UJ's words bear little relevance on the situation, as, one, he's not an expert on these matters and, two, people's opinions are just that, opinions, and can change over time.
I'm sure any decent lawyer could make a good case.
A decent lawyer can make a case out of nothing, Making a case and winning a case is very different. A breach of contract case has little value in the absence of malice. That is the law, In California, I promise you.
You obviously know more about this case than I. Seems UJ has PM'd you with regards to this case as well.
Generally one's recollection of an occurrence, is better near the time of the occurrence than many months after the fact.
I wish John A the best of luck and again will state that I hope that he gets every penny he is legally entitled to.
was wondering how you know the motor damages are 30K????? do you have more info from JW then you are alluding too???
YOur statement of misrepresentation could be in the form of a bill of sale, stating certain CI of a motor and its condition...... there could be witnesses who will testify that that motor was not built in a professional manner, as it may have articulated to in a bill of sale, therefore showing misrepresentation be it implied or just bad luck on the part of Ultra who I assume sold the boat to UJ, on some sort of consignment from JJ.. who owned the boat at the time of sale??
Sounds like you have more info then most and are running interference for ultra......
Got my info from John A as he posted that his cost of the repairs were $36,000. As I recall, 6k or
7K were related to the drive and trans. Again, this was posted here on HB. This post has since been deleted. He has also communicated with me privately about his suit.
I have not disscussed this with Ultra at all. I have gotton my info from the John A. John A stated in HB that he bought the boat from Jessie. He also stated that he he was aware that motor and drive weren't warranted. John A. He stated in Sept that the motor rebuild was about 10k and reecently stated engine rebuild was near 30K. Genearlly when something is sold AS-IS, with no Warranty Expressed or Implied, there would be no other language with regard to condition. I don't know this to be the case here.
If I hadn't seen John A praise Ultra with regard to Ultra's handling of this matter, if I hadn't seen John A acknowledge that he bought the WCF with no warranty on the motor or drive, if I hadn't seen John A state that it was Derebery who lied to all, Ultra and Jessie included, if I hadn't seen John A state his opinion that Leon was the bad guy, if I hadn't seen John A state a 10k motor rebuild cost and later a nearly 30K rebuild cost, I might feel differently.
My opinion and feeling about this matter have nothing to do with it involving Ultra. If the WCF was a DCB, Eliminater or any other brand, I would still feel the way that I do. Nearly $30k for a rebuild? This sounds to me John A got raped on the price of his rebuild and now looks to Ultra for a larger tube of KY.
John A seems to to be a good guy that got in over his head with the purchase of 1000 plus HP lake hot rod. After John A started experiencing the problems that everyone told him he would experience. Because of his lack of knowledge and experience with 600 CI blowers motors, he gave the repair facilities a blank check for the repairs of 36K and now wants someone else to pay.
There is a price that comes with being a baller. If you don't have the wallet, to support a 115 MPH lake rocket, then buy a boat with stock warranted power. I would love for my 26 to run triple digits, but based on years of expedience of learning the hard way, and not being willing to pay $6k per year for insurance, I chose a 75 MPH reliable boat.
I'm sorry for all of the issues that John A has had with the WCF and I hope that the issues are behind him, but I seriously doubt that will be the case. Boats with this type of power are almost always problematic. Unless of course, he runs the boat at 70 MPH most of the time
and he is easy on the throttle getting on plane.

plaster dave
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Why would you make this obviously false statement? Because I can make a reasonable, well thought out post on a subject? I don't know UJ, have never PMd or received a PM from him, nor even seen the boat in person. I simply remember what was posted. You're the one that sounds like you have "all the facts."
I know more about this boat then some people because I was at the shop that was told to fix it real quick for the boat show. “2 days before the show” When the motor was dropped off I was standing next to the owner of the shop when he told John West on the phone this is not a new motor.

3 daytona`s
06-10-2007, 05:29 PM
If he had all the fact he wouldn't be talking about it so much. I know more about this boat then some people because I was at the shop that was told to fix it real quick for the boat show “2 days before the show” when the motor was dropped off and I was standing next to the owner of the shop when he told John West on the phone this is not a new motor.
THAT is everything there and should be end of the story.

Nord
06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
There you go...............

acatitude
06-10-2007, 06:07 PM
I know more about this boat then some people because I was at the shop that was told to fix it real quick for the boat show. “2 days before the show” When the motor was dropped off I was standing next to the owner of the shop when he told John West on the phone this is not a new motor.
kaching :eek: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ULTRA26 # 1
06-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Why would you make this obviously false statement? Because I can make a reasonable, well thought out post on a subject? I don't know UJ, have never PMd or received a PM from him, nor even seen the boat in person. I simply remember what was posted. You're the one that sounds like you have "all the facts."
Bob,
Please accept my apology. UJ has discussed this issue through PM's with many people I figured you were one of the many.
Your comments were well thought out.
Again, I apologize
BTW. Plaster Dave's comment was interesting

plaster dave
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Bob,
Please accept my apology. UJ has discussed this issue through PM's with many people I figured you were one of the many.
Your comments were well thought out.
Again, I apologize
BTW. Plaster Dave's comment was interesting
I am not trying to start anything just telling what I know from when I redid there offices and dyno room. PS I don’t know either John in question and am not taking a side.
On a side note the same thing happened to me when I bought my boat from Howard Boats in 04’. The owner had my boat at the show room on consignment and I talked with Gene the owner of Howard boats and he told me I stand behind the boat and the rigging but I know nothing about the engine. The owner had Blossdale do the motor. So in his office we called Blossdale on the phone and I talked to him and he told me what was in my motor and how the owner was on it and I felt comfortable because I talked to him. So on my second trip to the lake it ate 5 teeth off the distributor gear and Blossdale did not use a bronze gear so we tore down the motor and redid everything. So you know I under stand the situation real well. I did not blame Howard or the owner of the boat because things like this happen and I was told what was in my motor and I felt I was informed about the motor. It did suck but thank god I had my friend Mike to rebuild it in his garage for me. Thanks Mike.

EAZYKILLER2006
06-10-2007, 08:17 PM
so i take it alot of peep are having problems with
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
wow... glad we didnt end up with one
lets here from LEO

No Name
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
UltraJohn is Gone
Who is UltraJohn? And who cares anyways?:D

EAZYKILLER2006
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
UltraJohn is Gone
Who is UltraJohn? And who cares anyways?:D
lol hes really a kewl guy and hes not gone just changed his name
no one really leaves HB:D

No Name
06-10-2007, 08:28 PM
lol hes really a kewl guy and hes not gone just changed his name
no one really leaves HB:D
Like I said, who cares anyways?:D

raff
06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
lets here from LEO
No just one that I know of.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I am not trying to start anything just telling what I know from when I redid there offices and dyno room. PS I don’t know either John in question and am not taking a side.
On a side note the same thing happened to me when I bought my boat from Howard Boats in 04’. The owner had my boat at the show room on consignment and I talked with Gene the owner of Howard boats and he told me I stand behind the boat and the rigging but I know nothing about the engine. The owner had Blossdale do the motor. So in his office we called Blossdale on the phone and I talked to him and he told me what was in my motor and how the owner was on it and I felt comfortable because I talked to him. So on my second trip to the lake it ate 5 teeth off the distributor gear and Blossdale did not use a bronze gear so we tore down the motor and redid everything. So you know I under stand the situation real well. I did not blame Howard or the owner of the boat because things like this happen and I was told what was in my motor and I felt I was informed about the motor. It did suck but thank god I had my friend Mike to rebuild it in his garage for me. Thanks Mike.
Dave,
It always sucks when expensive stuff breaks. Been there and done that too.
Ultra has a used 27 Shadow on their website now, with a Teague 800 in it. The asking price for this boat is $169K. I never have heard the scoop on the price of John A's WCF. That may be a factor as well.
Maybe I'm too curious for my own good. I'm just trying to understand.
It just seems fairly obvious that the only one who knew the truth about the Derebery motor was Leon Derebery. JW would have been insane to offer a warranty on a 600+ CI blower motor.
Hopefully there is more to this than has been discussed. I guess we will find out one of these days.

shippingguy
06-10-2007, 09:05 PM
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
lets here from LEO
Save it EAZY!! Do some research on the topic before you jump the gun.:) You have a nice boat and congrats, but do not come in here trying to start some BS saying "You are glad you did not end up with one!!" I have had 4 in 4 years and they are great boats and if you do a search here on customer service you are going to be hard pressed to find any negatives.
Mike

ULTRA26 # 1
06-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Just curious if anyone here knows how much John A paid for the WCF. The purchase price of this boat will have a huge impact on the value of this issue.
Oh and EasyKiller your comment about alot a peeps having trouble with Ultra or it's customer service came from where? LEO
My understanding of the definition of "alot" is more than one or two.

jrgaudettes
06-11-2007, 07:30 AM
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
lets here from LEO
Hey you, We actually like our boat alot. The ride through the chop is amazing in my opinion. As far as Ultra they have been great for customer service. If I have any issues this would be the last place to bring them up. I would call JW direct. But I do love your boat Laurie, those coolers built in were sweet.
No drama here.:D :D
BTW- One last thing, I am not a Ultra cheerleader, I responded in this thread, due to I did not want to be associated with UJ or Grads. I would never bash anything or anyone on the internet. I would handle my issues with the person directly. That being said i'm sure everyone has had an issue or two but I can say without hesitation that Ultra has taking care of the things needed.
Leo

MrsSigEpMock
06-11-2007, 07:31 AM
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
lets here from LEO
We have had 2 brand new ultra boats in 3 years, never had a problem with either. and the Customer Service has always been top notch - The best atributes of Ultra is their product and their customer service! :D
Dont worry, we're glad you don't have one either if you already have a negative feeling towards the products, not a great way to start a relationship! :-) However if you did, you'd have a true opinion rather than some genererational BS from "alot" of so called Ultra Owners.

shadow
06-11-2007, 07:38 AM
We have had 2 brand new ultra boats in 3 years, never had a problem with either. and the Customer Service has always been top notch - The best atributes of Ultra is their product and their customer service! :D
Dont worry, we're glad you don't have one either! However if you did, you'd have a true opinion rather than some genererational BS from "alot" of so called Ultra Owners.
We,ve had 2 Ultra over the past 9 yrs and Quality and customer serive have been top notch as well.In fact over the top and beyond.
Sounds to me like this was 1 boat out of thousands and the Quality of the boat i'm sure is top notch except engine issues.
I haven't followed this whole thread but from i gather this was an Engine build
issue which Ultra didn't build.
just my 02.

RaceFace
06-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I owned an Ultra for 10 years and loved it! Great boat, no problems and sold it for almost as much as I paid!! JW was great through the building of the boat and threw in all kinds of extras for no charge.
I would buy another one in a heartbeat if they had what I was looking for......

ULTRA26 # 1
06-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Just to chime in on Ultra quality and customer service. Since 2001, I have had 3 Ultras. JW has always taken care of any issue I have had properly.
The motor in the WCF didn't fail, per John A's own words. If was determined that the motor was not put together properly. The has been no mention that the major engine components were of inferior quality, and other than piston replacement, I know of no other major components that required replacement. No new block, rods, crank, heads, blower or innercooler, etc
Nearly 30K to rebuild this motor, IMO is as outrageous Leon's crappy build. The original 10K rebuild cost was, stated by UJ, was way more realistic.
Again, how much did John A pay for the WCF. Did the price of the boat account for the unwarranted motor and drive?

ratso
06-11-2007, 08:09 AM
I've seen people here whine piss and moan more over a failed MSD box... http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

catman-do
06-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Ive had my Ultra 27 for a little over a year now (bought new) and have 91 hours on it. I have been very impressed with the service to date. People all are nice, and owners of other boats seem nice as well.
I think one thing some people need to take into consideration (with any mfgr) is that the boat is under constant beatings. Screws or other misc parts may come loose, its a part of being in something thats constantly being jarred. Its the owners responsibility to carry some tools and tighten things as they settle. With regards to motors and drives, dont think of it as a car as the boat is under constant resistance. Things are going to happen at some point, which is why i stuck with an HO and bought an extended warranty. I knew I wanted to waste my money giving it to arabs for gas so i can enjoy the boat :D , not to engine builders to fix my motor/drive.

Magic34
06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
lets here from LEO
I would buy an Ultra in a second. Almost bought 2 last year.

shippingguy
06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
IMO, this is why you bite the bullet and just get r done on this one. One boat in a thousand? Probably. So just nip it in the bud, help UJ be a happy Ultra customer and let it die. It's really not worth it in the grand scheme of things, even if you lose boat sale from the negative, or perceived negative, publicity.
He has had help from JW. If I am not mistaken I think when the drive let loose JW sent him a new tranny for it for a minimal cost if not free. Again, if I remember correctly. No matter what. It is a shitty situation all around. The main problem is that UJ has talked out both sides of his mouth about the situation to a few here on the boards. I think this topic has been beat to death enough and it is now time for the professionals to make the final decision.:)
Mike

ULTRA26 # 1
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
He has had help from JW. If I am not mistaken I think when the drive let loose JW sent him a new tranny for it for a minimal cost if not free. Again, if I remember correctly. No matter what. It is a shitty situation all around. The main problem is that UJ has talked out both sides of his mouth about the situation to a few here on the boards. I think this topic has been beat to death enough and it is now time for the professionals to make the final decision.:)
Mike
Agreed

ultra26shadow
06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
lets here from LEO
I have also owned two Ultras in a time of around 2 1/2 years and they are great boats and the service is the best never had a problem with Ultra or my boat..:D

jrgaudettes
06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh and EasyKiller your comment about alot a peeps having trouble with Ultra or it's customer service came from where? LEO
My understanding of the definition of "alot" is more than one or two.
JM, after re-reading the last page of this thread I read your above comment. I missed it the first time around.
Question is,
Would there be an issue if I made comments to easykiller?
I just don't want my integrity in question. As you know if, and mean if I had any issues they would definitely be legitimate ones. And if I had any issues as stated in my earlier post this would be the last place I would discuss them.
I'm out.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-11-2007, 02:39 PM
JM, after re-reading the last page of this thread I read your above comment. I missed it the first time around.
Question is,
Would there be an issue if I made comments to easykiller?
I just don't want my integrity in question. As you know if, and mean if I had any issues they would definitely be legitimate ones. And if I had any issues as stated in my earlier post this would be the last place I would discuss them.
I'm out.
Leo,
I know that it would not be your style to come on here to discuss isssues you have had with your boat. Ultra has had to fix some things on my 26 and you and I have discussed this. It would be similar to you coming on here and bashing Ultra and dropping my name, because I have told you about issues about my boat.
Easykiller took a swing at Ultra then dropped your name. I'm sorry she did this.
My response to Easy was not meant as a shot at you, I promise.
John M

jrgaudettes
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Leo,
I know that it would not be your style to come on here to discuss isssues you have had with your boat. Ultra has had to fix some things on my 26 and you and I have discussed this. It would be similar to you coming on here and bashing Ultra and dropping my name, because I have told you about issues about my boat.
Easykiller took a swing at Ultra then dropped your name. I'm sorry she did this.
My response to Easy was not meant as s shot at you, I promise.
John M
JM, no worries, I respect your opinions and just wanted to make sure I not going to be roped in with UJ and Grads. I have more respect for Ultra and there owners to come on ***boat a cry wolf like a little kid.
You and me having the frist couple of 26's we are bound to have some things happen. I will say Ultra has no problem with addressing them and getting them fixed.
Now if I could get my headers and throttle soon (hint, hint). I would be able to keep up with you.

uLtRADeNniS
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
either ultra boats?
or the customer service/
lets here from LEO
Trying to stir the pot??:rolleyes:
Ultra has outstanding customer service. I bought a used Shadow from a private party and Ultra has been very helpful to me. JW and other Ultra employees have been there to answer any questions about my boat after and before I bought it.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-11-2007, 03:37 PM
JM, no worries, I respect your opinions and just wanted to make sure I not going to be roped in with UJ and Grads. I have more respect for Ultra and there owners to come on ***boat a cry wolf like a little kid.
You and me having the frist couple of 26's we are bound to have some things happen. I will say Ultra has no problem with addressing them and getting them fixed.
Now if I could get my headers and throttle soon (hint, hint). I would be able to keep up with you.
Leo,
No worries here either Buddy. Headers and the new Dana shifter should complete your 26. Looking forward to seeing all of the Ultra folks this weekend.
John
Trying to stir the pot??:rolleyes:
Ultra has outstanding customer service. I bought a used Shadow from a private party and Ultra has been very helpful to me. JW and other Ultra employees have been there to answer any questions about my boat after and before I bought it.
Dennis
Have you made a dicission about the Regatta? BTW, your new HB name fits you much better than your last. The young part was OK but the rest really wasn't you. :)
John

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Ultra 26 #1, while I'm sure you think your putting up the good fight or something.. Do you realize that your probably hurting John West's reputation more then your helping it?
People that "skim" these threads, aren't going to pay attention to every response, and rebuttal.. Their just going to remember "Problem with Ultra."
Let your weird obsession with these two losers go and then let the threads drift off to never never land (with any hope).
If you want to do Ultra and John West some favors, start some new threads about possitive experiences with them.. Don't reference possitive experiences in generally negative threads.. People only remember the negativity that way.
RD

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Ultra 26 #1, while I'm sure you think your putting up the good fight or something.. Do you realize that your probably hurting John West's reputation more then your helping it?
People that "skim" these threads, aren't going to pay attention to every response, and rebuttal.. Their just going to remember "Problem with Ultra."
Let your weird obsession with these two losers go and then let the threads drift off to never never land (with any hope).
If you want to do Ultra and John West some favors, start some new threads about possitive experiences with them.. Don't reference possitive experiences in generally negative threads.. People only remember the negativity that way.
RD

Phat Matt
06-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Dave said it twice so he must really mean this. :)

ULTRA26 # 1
06-11-2007, 04:22 PM
RD
Dave,
I'm not sure being curious is a weird obsession but I agree that this thread needs to drift into never never land. This thread wasn't intended to do John West any favors. His reputation speaks for itself.
Click.click click
There's no place like home. There's no place like home, There's no place like home :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

acatitude
06-11-2007, 07:47 PM
youll always be DUMB and young to the rest of us:D :D

OCMerrill
06-12-2007, 08:36 AM
The mark-up in these big HP power plants must make all this crap worth it for any selling dealer. What a bunch of potential misery.
Example of Easykiller thinking Ultra Boats in general have issues all based around one engine issue spued out on ***boat...that just sucks IMO.
If I were building a new boat and wanted big power I would expect the builder would exclude any warrantee on it. That would "lie" with the engine builder. Misrepresentation is a HUGE word that will get the seekers of law stirring real quick. I know who the winners will be in this deal.:idea:
I have built (screwed together) many engines. I can see a $10k project going up quickly with dyno tuning, installs, and the like. Just that WCF boat would up the $$ ante like it or not.
I have watched this whole deal from the sidelines and like the feeling of others, I also see a friend feeding a friend’s wounded wallet into litigation. The big $$ boats are expensive toys. I don’t enter this arena because it would be on a shoestring. I know better.
As a side note: I had to explain to my 7 year old daughter that a skeleton showing his middle finger (she saw his avatar) is nothing you need to be concerned with. I had to train myself to put the screen down quick when the kids walk into my office. My bad or maybe I shoud seek a legal opinion? :;)