PDA

View Full Version : Rare Ebay find

Hotcrusader76
04-04-2003, 07:18 AM
If anyone is interested this rare Holley center squirter was just discovered. This is an 850cfm Center Squirter carburetor #4223.
It looks to be in great condition. The primary shaft looks like it's nickel plated which leads me to believe it's an upgrade or replacement to the original shaft. No biggie. The mainbody and metering blocks alone are worth some cash.
This carb is worth the scares from a Ebay bidding war!
Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2409751099&category=33550
[ April 04, 2003, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

HammerDown
04-04-2003, 07:43 AM
I saw that bad boy last night...whats the big advantage over a standard DP.? Educate us.

Hotcrusader76
04-04-2003, 07:49 AM
This one has a single 50cc pump that provides a path of fuel to the squirter which has four orifices that evenly provide fuel to all four venturies at the same time. Even fuel distribution and killer throttle response.
It also has 1:1 primary/secondary ratios. This one looks to have a modification to where it delays the secondary opening but that can be remedied with a new primary shaft. Easy day.
On top of that it isn't made anymore and when these are set up in tandem on a tunnel ram/blower....Watch out!
If nobody gets this soon I plan to snake it myself.
~Ty

Blown 472
04-04-2003, 07:56 AM
yeah it is great for 30 year old tech, tunnel ram carbs built for idle or wot other wise everyone would be using them on everything.

HammerDown
04-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info...but just wondering why there not being made anymore? Especially if it was such a potent piece.
Thanks again for your knowledgeable feedback.

rrrr
04-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Ty is running the auction, he's just spamming us. :D :D :D :p :p

Hotcrusader76
04-04-2003, 09:00 AM
That's not a bad idea... wink LMAO

Froggystyle
04-04-2003, 09:52 AM
HammerDown:
Thanks for the info...but just wondering why there not being made anymore? Especially if it was such a potent piece.
Thanks again for your knowledgeable feedback. From what I understand, they worked really really well on carbureted manual transmission drag cars because they would come right back on after a shift with no hesitation whatsoever. They go through gas at twice the rate of a double pumper on regular driving though, as you dump 50cc vice 25cc's every time you hit the throttle.
Regarding mid-range performance, I have no real experience on that. I have heard they worked about the same as regular carbs, but that the increased holeshot performance was what they were built and known for.
I imagine they don't make them anymore because of the advances in injection, and the introduction of smaller Dominators which essentially do the same thing. 50cc accelerator pumps and annular discharge boosters.
OK, now I am talking out of my ass. I stopped really knowing anything about this after the holeshot comment.

HammerDown
04-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Froggystyle
"From what I understand, they worked really really well on carbureted manual transmission drag cars because they would come right back on after a shift with no hesitation whatsoever. They go through gas at twice the rate of a double pumper on regular driving though, as you dump 50cc vice 25cc's every time you hit the throttle.
Regarding mid-range performance, I have no real experience on that. I have heard they worked about the same as regular carbs, but that the increased holeshot performance was what they were built and known for.
I imagine they don't make them anymore because of the advances in injection, and the introduction of smaller Dominators which essentially do the same thing. 50cc accelerator pumps and annular discharge boosters.
OK, now I am talking out of my ass. I stopped really knowing anything about this after the holeshot comment. "[/QB]LOL, thanks for the reply...the part after the hole shot comment even sounded good.
:D

Heatseeker
04-04-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm running a pair on top of my 8-71. They work great. With a little help from Ty, I was able to plug off the PVs and dial them in tits. I did have to machine bigger squirters, though. Apparently, they are no longer available in very many sizes.

04-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Center squirters were dropped in favor of the double pump carbs. They are not as tuneable as the D/P. Try tuning the accellerator circuit on one of a C/S carb as oppose to a D/P. Any change made to the pri. side affects the sec. side. D/P circuits are completely seperate. They do work good in a few applications. I run one on my turbocharged engine and it works great. :D