PDA

View Full Version : Fight night

fourspeednup
02-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Went to a Muay Thai kickboxing/ jiu jitsu fight Saturday night out at West Coast Jiu Jitsu in Oxnard. Some great fighters out of Ken Rose's studio as well as a bunch from down in the San Berdoo area. The Rose guys dominated (even the 17 yr old kids). Reserved seats are only $20 and the rest are 15. Standing room only as of 30 min before the first fight and they were turning people away at the door soon after. I see a lot of the UFC threads on here so there's ovbiously a good following with the pros but if anyone wants to see some up and coming fighters for cheap this is a good deal. Sat about 6 feet from the ring and in the final event were a couple of 300lb kickboxers. Aint nothin like seeing 600 lbs of ugly coming at you hoping those stringy ropes do their job :supp: :eek: :crossx:
Hopefully my buddy from PHX will be making it out to the next one...he'll be a guy to watch out for in a couple years (fighting weight 255-260!) :crossx:
I'll find out when the next event is (about 1 month away) if there is any interest :)

BADBLOWN572
02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
HELL YEAH! I'll come!!! :) :) :)
Got to see a Muy Thai match in Thailand. That was some crazy shiznit!!! :skull:

fourspeednup
02-13-2006, 01:30 PM
HELL YEAH! I'll come!!! :) :) :)
Got to see a Muy Thai match in Thailand. That was some crazy shiznit!!! :skull:
I'd imagine after seeing that one, this deal will be about as exciting as a thumb war :D :D
I'll find out the details and let you know :)

BADBLOWN572
02-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I'd imagine after seeing that one, this deal will be about as exciting as a thumb war :D :D
I'll find out the details and let you know :)
No matter what, it will be a good time with good peeps. :) :) :)

fourspeednup
02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
No matter what, it will be a good time with good peeps. :) :) :)
That's why I do it!
<----about as far as you're gonna get from a badass fighter :p