PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Photo Shoot=Poker Run=House Party July 1

Poker Runs West
06-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Poker Runs West Tahoe run, photo shoot and house party is all set for July 1.
Check out the pictures from last years run at www.pokerrunswest.com and get more information on this years fun filled event.
Chris:) :) :)

grads2112
06-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I guess the pictures from last year turned out O.K. :sqeyes: :D I'm really looking forward to this.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4151/b2bl9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1584/b1tk9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6375/b3xk9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5594/b4lc3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7311/b5cc0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rock-it man
06-09-2007, 01:14 PM
We plan on being there ,will know for sure by 6/12/07. Thanks Wayne

Poker Runs West
06-09-2007, 03:25 PM
King, cool pictures thanks for putting them up. How are we going to improve on that? Nudity possibly????????????????
Wayne, hope you can make it.............:D :D :D

grads2112
06-19-2007, 06:05 PM
King, cool pictures thanks for putting them up. How are we going to improve on that? Nudity possibly????????????????
Wayne, hope you can make it.............:D :D :D
Thank God there are two weeks in between this event and the Cat Attack...I think it will take that long to recover. Is this house party going to be anything like the houseboat parties?:sqeyes: If so I think it's safe to say we'll get that nudity.:D

Frequent Flier
06-19-2007, 06:32 PM
How far is it from Tahoe to Sacramento???

grads2112
06-19-2007, 07:26 PM
How far is it from Tahoe to Sacramento???
Less than 100 miles.

Poker Runs West
06-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Thank God there are two weeks in between this event and the Cat Attack...I think it will take that long to recover. Is this house party going to be anything like the houseboat parties?:sqeyes: If so I think it's safe to say we'll get that nudity.:D
Greg, I'm not sure what the cat attack thing was like but our SHASTA PHOTO SHOOT EVENT AND PARTIES were awesome. Seems lots of our event photos are being shown as cat attack stuff. No harm in that though as recognition is good in all respects.
Don't know if the Tahoe parties will equal Shasta but If they get too wild we can always sneak away to the Bunny Ranch for some piece and quiet.
Chris

eliminator1000
06-19-2007, 08:24 PM
What day are you going to tahoe? Will you stay through the 4th?

grads2112
06-19-2007, 08:35 PM
What day are you going to tahoe? Will you stay through the 4th?
We'll be going up June 30th through July 8th. Are you going? This photo shoot will produce pictures that make it well worth it. Nice avatar by the way:)

acatitude
06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Greg, I'm not sure what the cat attack thing was like but our SHASTA PHOTO SHOOT EVENT AND PARTIES were awesome. Seems lots of our event photos are being shown as cat attack stuff. No harm in that though as recognition is good in all respects.
Don't know if the Tahoe parties will equal Shasta but If they get too wild we can always sneak away to the Bunny Ranch for some piece and quiet.
Chris
Grads is the one who put the pics in there from the photo shoot besides the one where he got his a$$ handed to him, :D .
Oh the cat attack this year was the best its ever been .... Hey Chris you should have your shasta poker run photo shoot delio on a different weekend from cat attack... that way it could stand on its on merit and give us an extra weekend to hang at shasta:D :D

grads2112
06-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Grads is the one who put the pics in there from the photo shoot besides the one where he got his a$$ handed to him, :D .
Oh the cat attack this year was the best its ever been .... Hey Chris you should have your shasta poker run photo shoot delio on a different weekend from cat attack... that way it could stand on its on merit and give us an extra weekend to hang at shasta:D :D
Hey "big water Ken",why don't you show up in Tahoe and show us how that grocery getter runs in REAL big water.

Poker Runs West
06-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Ken,
I'm glad your cat attack party was the best. I can certainly say the same for our helicopter photo shoot, poker run and parties also. Keeps getting better every year. The credit goes to all those that registered for our event, and I thank them for it. Very much looking forward to the multiple magazine coverage everyone will see soon.
The Shasta Photo Shoot & Poker Run stands very well on its own merit regardless of when it is run. I may take your suggestion to avoid any conflict with your group though. With many guys jumping in and running with us who are not registered and are not aware of any special concerns or instructions passed on to the registered participants I am concerned about a potential problem. God forbid. Controlling access to the parties and food etc. would be easier too ensuring that the registered participants get what they deserve and we do not interfere with any of your plans. I would tend to let the participants have input into when they want it but to avoid any problems I can pick our date for next year now. That being said I will put on my Shasta event on June 13 & 14 2008 which will give you guys lots of time to schedule your party on a date I won't conflict with. And your right, now we can have two chances to play at Shasta.
Happy boating to all.

acatitude
06-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Thats great an extra weekend at shasta is always good. From the pics I saw I didnt see any one who wasnt registered running up with your group.. I know yes we or I should only state for myself, yes I watched the photo shoot but stayed away from interfering with your group and I waited to leave until well after your group had left... its a big lake and there for everyone. as is the bar and restaurant........ and I dont have a group, just part of a bunch of guys boating.(and this is just my opinion) and I only stated that because of your statement making it sound like cat attack was piggy backing your event showing pics that actually were posted by someone who never has done a cat attack but was in your group..... peace and love to all is my motto....
Thanks for the invite Grads but I have plans over the 4th...

bonecrusher36
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Will be there the photos are amazing at Lake Tahoe!!! Well worth it. See ya then.

Classic Daycruiser
06-20-2007, 11:26 AM
How far a drive from Phoenix???:idea:

Poker Runs West
06-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Thats great an extra weekend at shasta is always good. From the pics I saw I didnt see any one who wasnt registered running up with your group.. I know yes we or I should only state for myself, yes I watched the photo shoot but stayed away from interfering with your group and I waited to leave until well after your group had left... its a big lake and there for everyone. as is the bar and restaurant........ and I dont have a group, just part of a bunch of guys boating.(and this is just my opinion) and I only stated that because of your statement making it sound like cat attack was piggy backing your event showing pics that actually were posted by someone who never has done a cat attack but was in your group..... peace and love to all is my motto....
Thanks for the invite Grads but I have plans over the 4th...
Ken, I have done my best editing the photos from the helicopter and pace boat so that only those registered end up being shown in anything I post. Got to try and keep it fair for those who did register. No need to drag on this discussion, I know what happened and by who over the weekend. No problem just reality. Peace out........................:) :)

acatitude
06-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Ken, I have done my best editing the photos from the helicopter and pace boat so that only those registered end up being shown in anything I post. Got to try and keep it fair for those who did register. No need to drag on this discussion, I know what happened and by who over the weekend. No problem just reality. Peace out........................:) :)
Chris I have no issue with your editing out folks who didnt pay and Im sure no one else does..... We all enjoyed watching the helicopter go around..
This statement
Seems lots of our event photos are being shown as cat attack stuff. No harm in that though as recognition is good in all respects.
Is all Im refering to as it kinda hit me wrong like you were ragging on cat attack trying to take credit for your event pics.... well Grads is the jackass who posted those in the cat attack thread, Your boy, surely not a cat attack participant....
and as I mentioned before neither function owns the lake or restaurant... and I surely dont mean to get in a pissing match about it.. I agree with dcbob that they compliment each other and there is room for all..... just that statement incinuating someone trying to take credit for your event hit me wrong, but then I should consider the jackass source, when we all know there wouldnt even be a photo shoot without the last 15 years of cat attack.
Peace out bro

Poker Runs West
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Chris I have no issue with your editing out folks who didnt pay and Im sure no one else does..... We all enjoyed watching the helicopter go around..
This statement
Seems lots of our event photos are being shown as cat attack stuff. No harm in that though as recognition is good in all respects.
Is all Im refering to as it kinda hit me wrong like you were ragging on cat attack trying to take credit for your event pics.... well Grads is the jackass who posted those in the cat attack thread, Your boy, surely not a cat attack participant....
and as I mentioned before neither function owns the lake or restaurant... and I surely dont mean to get in a pissing match about it.. I agree with dcbob that they compliment each other and there is room for all..... just that statement incinuating someone trying to take credit for your event hit me wrong, but then I should consider the jackass source, when we all know there wouldnt even be a photo shoot without the last 15 years of cat attack.
Peace out bro
Ken, this will be the last post from me to you concerning this issue. Greg is not my boy, he is his own man. The pictures I referenced were not posted by Greg. I have been producing boating events in this area since 1987 and the existence of my events owe nothing to cat attack nor does cat attacks existence owe anything to me. What I have done to promote and foster interest and involvement in performance boating over the last 20 years I will put up against anyone or any group at any time for comparison. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING NON PRODUCTIVE CRAP LIKE THIS ON ANY THREAD I ORIGINATE. I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT ME AND MY EVENTS ELSEWHERE ON THIS FORUM.

acatitude
06-20-2007, 10:08 PM
never questioned your contributions to boating Chris. we all are happy you are here to promote fun stuff and put out the effort to make extra events to bring boaters together.... I still stand by my question of your comment In red....... if there is no other meaning coming from you then its clear and my question is answered.... see ya on the water ......

Poker Runs West
06-21-2007, 08:01 AM
I can't believe it is only 9 days before we leave for Tahoe. What idiot scheduled this? Everyone who has said theyare going to register now.
Don't blame me if there isn't enough air time or food at the party for you if you don't register in advance.

ELIMINAT THIS
06-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Ken,
I'm glad your cat attack party was the best. I can certainly say the same for our helicopter photo shoot, poker run and parties also. Keeps getting better every year. The credit goes to all those that registered for our event, and I thank them for it. Very much looking forward to the multiple magazine coverage everyone will see soon.
The Shasta Photo Shoot & Poker Run stands very well on its own merit regardless of when it is run. I may take your suggestion to avoid any conflict with your group though. With many guys jumping in and running with us who are not registered and are not aware of any special concerns or instructions passed on to the registered participants I am concerned about a potential problem. God forbid. Controlling access to the parties and food etc. would be easier too ensuring that the registered participants get what they deserve and we do not interfere with any of your plans. I would tend to let the participants have input into when they want it but to avoid any problems I can pick our date for next year now. That being said I will put on my Shasta event on June 13 & 14 2008 which will give you guys lots of time to schedule your party on a date I won't conflict with. And your right, now we can have two chances to play at Shasta.
Happy boating to all.
So when the articles come out in the magazines will they headline 2007 Shasta Photo Shoot & Poker Run or 2007 Cat Attack.:jawdrop: :idea:

Rocket-J
06-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Chris.
I am one of your offenders. I have never entered a Poker Run. I tried to last year, but you cancelled the Delta run. I was told my boat might be a little small to run with the Big Guys and I know what Lake Shasta can get like. I wanted to watch one of your runs before I entered one and get myself run over.
I ran 90mph, all the way along the south shore. The water was so smooth that I passed the main group, but never went out in their paths.
When our Cat Attack group made it's run up the McCloud arm, many of the Poker Run guys went with us. We had a great beach party and met many new freinds. The only difference between these two runs was $$$MONEY$$$.
It is too bad that a persons income and budget has to interfere with such a wonderful weekend at Shasta.:idea: Rocket-J

Poker Runs West
06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
So when the articles come out in the magazines will they headline 2007 Shasta Photo Shoot & Poker Run or 2007 Cat Attack.:jawdrop: :idea:
The only thing I had anything to do with was my run and photo shoot. It would be wrong for me to take any resonsibility or credit for those involved on any other get together. I have also been informed by some who take some form of "ownership, responsibility or credit" (didn't know what words to use) for cat attack that I have no claim on anything to do with cat attack and they are correct. This years event that I put on was labled the Shasta Photo Shoot & Poker Run and will be labled that in the articles.
Thanks,

grads2112
06-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Here's a few photos that my buddy snapped while up in Tahoe last year. If you've never boated on Tahoe you are missing out. It's a surreal feeling to be cruising along in 30+ feet of water and watching the floor of the lake go by. See everyone up there.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1260/74490553ls8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1852/85520619oo1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2335/94252301vx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9279/44186850it9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Poker Runs West
06-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Chris.
I am one of your offenders. I have never entered a Poker Run. I tried to last year, but you cancelled the Delta run. I was told my boat might be a little small to run with the Big Guys and I know what Lake Shasta can get like. I wanted to watch one of your runs before I entered one and get myself run over.
I ran 90mph, all the way along the south shore. The water was so smooth that I passed the main group, but never went out in their paths.
When our Cat Attack group made it's run up the McCloud arm, many of the Poker Run guys went with us. We had a great beach party and met many new freinds. The only difference between these two runs was $$$MONEY$$$.
It is too bad that a persons income and budget has to interfere with such a wonderful weekend at Shasta.:idea: Rocket-J
Hope you can make the delta event this year July 20 & 21. In no way is your boat too small or slow for any poker run. Based upon your description of your run parallel to the group I certainly don't consider you an offender of anything.
I agree it was a wonderful weekend for all at Shasta.
The Shasta event offered a Poker Run with cash pay outs to 3 winners totaling over $1000, a special prize of entry to the Tahoe, Delta and Sacramento events, an entry to the vegas event, an 8x10 aerial photo of your boat, raffle prizes, two cocktail parties and food, lunch on the poker run and more. Participants got all of this for $100 plus special deals on shirts, cd's with over 1200 pictures etc.
It would be cool if we could do all of this for free but that is not reality. If anyone else knows how to do it for less tell me or show me how. Unfortunately a persons income and budget controls everything we do in life. I guess that whats makes things special be it the cost of 30 gallons of gas to burn on boating fun or the enjoyment of killing off a $100 bottle of wine.

grads2112
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Unfortunately a persons income and budget controls everything we do in life. I guess that whats makes things special be it the cost of 30 gallons of gas to burn on boating fun or the enjoyment of killing off a $100 bottle of wine.
30 gallons? Maybe in those wackers but I know first hand it was more like 160 gallons and that bottle of wine that Dr. Evil brought was closer to $300.:sqeyes:

Napanutt
06-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Seems lots of our event photos are being shown as cat attack stuff. .
Chris
I'm new,I posted my pics on the cat attack thread even though I was a Photo Shoot participant...Still don't quite understand what seems like some animosity between some of the participants/organizers of the individual gatherings:confused:
We had one of the best times this last weekend that we ever have had on the water boating,from the cocktail party Friday evening,myself hanging with mostly "non-participnats" (included but not limited to,O.C.,Phil,Don,Tom, Big Joe and wife) Friday night until midnight'ish...
The helicopter photo shoot Saturday morning with the individual runs was awesome! The group photo run running at (pace) speed with all those boats at close proximity to each other was spectacular ('till the flag was waved and then it was even cooler watching the rest of you fly by us at 70,80,90...):D
The cocktail party Saturday evening was a blast!
The after-party on the house boat Saturday night...was the shit...
Dr. Evil's techno was happenin'.:D :D
I'm very appreciative for the Bud lights that seemed to be flowing VERY freely on everydeck of the houseboat,the entertaining people and the over all good time/hospitality that was afforded to my wife and myself during our first trip in this boat to Lake Shasta!
Can't forget my main "participant" peeps,Chris (as usual the serviiice was off the hook) and his boy Zach,Rob and Tammy and their extra cool crew/boat biatches Larry and Carl (the 50-50 drinks were excellent-tay)...Greg and Kate (always a pleasure) and Chris Ayers and whoever else was involved in the sposership of said houseboat...had a great time...
Brian

Napanutt
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
From Saturday night,on the house boat (more like on the boat tied up to the house boat)...
Where they at...;) :sqeyes: :D

CAHotRodBoy
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I have friends that live in Gardnerville (about 20 minutes to Tahoe) so thinking about hauling up for this run. Can I still register or is it too late?

John.
06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey Chris, is this the last photo shoot you're doing this year with helicopter pics?..or are any of the other events around NorCal going to have the helicopter shoots as well?

BobbyB
06-21-2007, 07:48 PM
pm me if you are interested. my mother-in-law has a rental house there, with it's own dock, sleeps 12
view of mt talac from upper deck
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_1.jpg
winter shot of front
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_2.jpg
living room with pool table
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_3.jpg
view from upper deck towards lake (lake is just around the bend)
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_5.jpg

grads2112
06-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey Chris, is this the last photo shoot you're doing this year with helicopter pics?..or are any of the other events around NorCal going to have the helicopter shoots as well?
Just do it! Here's a shot of a 27' Custom Boat like yours from last year.
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3074/38430444cb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

acatitude
06-21-2007, 08:32 PM
he cant his wife works weekends lmao

Poker Runs West
06-21-2007, 09:50 PM
I have friends that live in Gardnerville (about 20 minutes to Tahoe) so thinking about hauling up for this run. Can I still register or is it too late?
Not too late at all. I am not going up until Saturday morning June 30. Mail it in this week and I will get it. My cell up there will be 916-704-7022.
We will be running over to Zephyer Cove mid afternoon on Saturday and I am sure we will hit Camp Richardson or another place for an cocktail cruise. We will all meet up in front of the main entrance to Tahoe Keys houses, not the Marina, at about 10:30 Sunday morning for the photo shoot. Following that we will go to Camp Richardson to pick up the photographer and after that we are out and about on the lake. BBQ party will be at our house in the Keys Sunday night from 7-?

Poker Runs West
06-21-2007, 10:06 PM
It is the only one specifically scheduled as a photo shoot for obvious reasons. Look at the water and background. Go two prop sizes down, don't screw with the motor and come up and have some fun.
I may have a helicopter at the delta event but not sure. We will have radar runs there though.
Don't think we can do anything in SF in September due to terrorist concerns. I spoke with the Coast Guard today and they said they don't see a problem closing the Oakland estuary on Sunday of that event weekend for 4 hours for radar runs. Fastest water in the west there so get ready to crank up the boost.

CAHotRodBoy
06-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Not too late at all. I am not going up until Saturday morning June 30. Mail it in this week and I will get it. My cell up there will be 916-704-7022.
We will be running over to Zephyer Cove mid afternoon on Saturday and I am sure we will hit Camp Richardson or another place for an cocktail cruise. We will all meet up in front of the main entrance to Tahoe Keys houses, not the Marina, at about 10:30 Sunday morning for the photo shoot. Following that we will go to Camp Richardson to pick up the photographer and after that we are out and about on the lake. BBQ party will be at our house in the Keys Sunday night from 7-?
Cool! Just waiting to hear back from my friends in G-ville. My next question, what is the best launch ramp and can we get a slip at a marina so don't have to launch and trailer everyday (and tow back down the mountain).

Poker Runs West
06-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Tahoe Keys marina is the most convenient and they do rent slips out. Check with them on pricing---I think it is high. If we have room at the house we have rented you can leave it there if you want.
Tahoe Keys Marina 530-541-2155
Chris

NorCalCat
06-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Isn't this guy an Ultra dealer? I think I met him last year at Lake Tahoe.

Poker Runs West
06-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Isn't this guy an Ultra dealer? I think I met him last year at Lake Tahoe.
Not that I am aware of. He has never said anything about it. He and his wife ALWAYS have the best high end food on board so if your hungry hail them down.
One week from today we will be there.................
Chris:)smile_sp: :)

DCBob
06-24-2007, 03:19 PM
pm me if you are interested. my mother-in-law has a rental house there, with it's own dock, sleeps 12
view of mt talac from upper deck
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_1.jpg
winter shot of front
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_2.jpg
living room with pool table
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_3.jpg
view from upper deck towards lake (lake is just around the bend)
https://www.secure-entech.com/Entech/Clients/TRC/Images/512_5.jpg
Bobby B....I PMed ya about the house for next weekend...no reply! If it is available next Fri afternoon-Mon AM please let me know one way or the other. PM me back with price if it's available Thanks, Bob

Poker Runs West
06-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Houses and condo's with docks in Tahoe Keys can be found at:
www.tahoestonehenge.com
www.vrbo.com vacation rentals by owner
www.TahoeAccommodations.com
www.calltahoe.com
Chris:) :)

DCBob
06-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Houses and condo's with docks in Tahoe Keys can be found at:
www.tahoestonehenge.com
www.vrbo.com vacation rentals by owner
www.TahoeAccommodations.com
www.calltahoe.com
Thanks Chris....I'll check um out. If I can find a place Steve, Carlos & I will be in for the Photo Shoot/Poker Run

grads2112
06-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Holy crap, I hope we have a place to go to because South Lake is on fire!!!:sqeyes:

acatitude
06-25-2007, 06:22 AM
wow, 750 acres and over 150 houses lost... hope they get that thing under control

Poker Runs West
06-25-2007, 06:59 AM
Greg,
We will have a great home to go to, don't worry, the fire is in the Echo Park area south and west of the lake. Pray the wind stays from the north otherwise you will need goggles and a respirator to drive.
Hopefully they will make alot of headway today fighting the fire. A terrible loss for all those affected by the fire. My heart, and Phils general contracting card, goes out to them.

grads2112
06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Greg,
My heart, and Phils general contracting card, goes out to them.
CLASSIC!:D

justfloatn
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
he cant his wife works weekends lmao
WHAT!:confused: Big baller like that gets his wife to actually work!:confused:
John, Please help...I need to know how to get a wife to get a job:D
HMMM:idea: ...($20.00per hr) (40hrs a week) (4 weeks a month)=$$$$NEW BOAT PAYMENT$$$

Poker Runs West
06-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I spoke with the helicopter pilot at Tahoe today and if mother nature cooperates he thinks the fire will be out by Thursday.
Our run and vacation are not nearly so important compared to the loss many have suffered in the Tahoe area. If everyone agrees I think we should give all of the registratin fees less the costs for the helicopter and photographer to a fund set up to help Tahoe residents who have lost their homes.
We will make that decision when we all get together in Tahoe.

Poker Runs West
06-26-2007, 07:57 PM
In response to all the calls. Yes we are going up on Saturday morning as long as the house is there and the road is open.
The photo shoot will depend on FAA clearance and we expect it to be clear.
If not we play dice and watch movies until it clears. Better yet my suburban carries 7 in seats so we can pile in and go to the Bunny Ranch.

grads2112
06-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Don't worry, the fire will be out by this weekend. We are going into one of the busiest holiday weeks for the casinos. I wouldn't be suprised if you saw a few of these in the next few days.
http://www.aviationexplorer.com/747_water_tanker.htm
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7645/747supertankerlz7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-06-26

serviiice
06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Greg, that is funny shi@t

Mrs.Daytona
06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
In response to all the calls. Yes we are going up on Saturday morning as long as the house is there and the road is open.
The photo shoot will depend on FAA clearance and we expect it to be clear.
No worries..if the FAA doesn't clear the helicopter...us girls will keep the photographers entertained...

highvoltagehands
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Don't worry, the fire will be out by this weekend. We are going into one of the busiest holiday weeks for the casinos. I wouldn't be suprised if you saw a few of these in the next few days.
http://www.aviationexplorer.com/747_water_tanker.htm
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7645/747supertankerlz7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-06-26
Are those "Quad-525's" pushing that pig? :D

highvoltagehands
06-27-2007, 09:26 AM
No worries..if the FAA doesn't clear the helicopter...us girls will keep the photographers entertained...
:jawdrop: On my way to Ritz camera.

deltarat
06-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Based on the water/smoke I was thinking it looked more like a couple of 2.8 Mercs:D

NICE PAIR
06-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Based on the water/smoke I was thinking it looked more like a couple of 2.8 Mercs:D
"Way to talk" carboatman.;)

NorCalCat
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Here's a few photos that my buddy snapped while up in Tahoe last year. If you've never boated on Tahoe you are missing out. It's a surreal feeling to be cruising along in 30+ feet of water and watching the floor of the lake go by. See everyone up there.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1260/74490553ls8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1852/85520619oo1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2335/94252301vx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9279/44186850it9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
grads2112, what beach is that where the boats are tied up? Is that Crystal Bay? Or ski beach? we have a couple boats going up the first weekend of Aug. for a bachelor party, house in the keys. Should be fun.

grads2112
06-27-2007, 01:12 PM
grads2112, what beach is that where the boats are tied up? Is that Crystal Bay? Or ski beach? we have a couple boats going up the first weekend of Aug. for a bachelor party, house in the keys. Should be fun.
It is Sand Harbor on the northeast side of the lake. IMO one of the most beautiful places around.

deltarat
06-27-2007, 01:25 PM
"Way to talk" carboatman.;)
Hell I'm starting feel like a noboatman:(

NorCalCat
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
It is Sand Harbor on the northeast side of the lake. IMO one of the most beautiful places around.
The last time I was up there, the Coast Guard was telling me that they rescue boats daily from there because the lake turns and gets too rough.

grads2112
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
The last time I was up there, the Coast Guard was telling me that they rescue boats daily from there because the lake turns and gets too rough.
LOL... Yep that was almost us one time. Some of the roughest water I've ever seen. We tried to go from Sand Harbor (northeast) back to The Keys (southwest) at about 4 p.m. on a windy day...big mistake. We've since learned our lesson. You'll be fine just stay out of the center of the lake in the late afternoon.

Poker Runs West
06-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Those Coast Guard guys are whimps compared to "The King".

Poker Runs West
06-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Just got off the phone with people who live in the Keys and they say the news media is doing its best to scare people. Yes there is some smoke over a portion of the lake but in general today was a sunny day in the keys and over most of the lake. Things can always change though.
We are still planing on the photo shoot Sunday at 11:00. We will update here and the web site if that changes. www.pokerrunswest.com

Fastlane
06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
LOL... Yep that was almost us one time. Some of the roughest water I've ever seen. We tried to go from Sand Harbor (northeast) back to The Keys (southwest) at about 4 p.m. on a windy day...big mistake. We've since learned our lesson. You'll be fine just stay out of the center of the lake in the late afternoon.
We vacationed there every year since I was a kid and went boating on a 1972 17' Glastron. Man crossing the lake in the afternoon was like watching "Deadliest Catch". That time of the afternoon was great for taking the jet ski out. That Lake is beautiful, I hope the run off next year doesn't cause to much disturbance in the clarity of the Lake.

Mrs.Daytona
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Check out the video from last year's run in Tahoe.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1413958370

Lost Wages
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Chris,
What street are you guys staying on this year? What is the plan for Saturday night?
It seems the area will be cool. I just spoke to my neighbors in the keys and they said the smoke is clearing quickly. The fire came within 1/2 mile approx from taking all of our homes in the keys.

grads2112
06-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Chris,
What street are you guys staying on this year? What is the plan for Saturday night?
It seems the area will be cool. I just spoke to my neighbors in the keys and they said the smoke is clearing quickly. The fire came within 1/2 mile approx from taking all of our homes in the keys.
We'll be staying on Balboa. Here's a link to the house. Hope you can make it.
http://www.tahoestonehenge.com/anchor.html

grads2112
06-28-2007, 05:42 AM
Here is a live look at Tahoe as of 6:30 a.m. The arrow marks where the fire was taking place and as you can see it is hardly even smoking anymore. Should be a great week!
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3402/tahoecam640x480ej9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-06-28

Badburn
06-28-2007, 06:04 AM
From what I saw on the news last night , and that picture, the fire is gone with only a few smoldering trees left. Kind of wierd how they only call that 44% contained. Whatever.
Maybe we should go up there and lift weights with the Govenator:D

Lost Wages
06-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Cool deal. Stonehenge handles our vacation rental as well. We have the Wild Goose Inn. See you up there!

grads2112
06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Cool deal. Stonehenge handles our vacation rental as well. We have the Wild Goose Inn. See you up there!
Are you staying in your house or somewhere else? Your house is freakin sweet, I've tried to stay in it a couple times but everytime I call it's booked. A house in the Keys and a DCB....whats up baller! I think I might have try some of that kool-aid crap.

Poker Runs West
06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Stay away from the Kool Aid. I hear it makes you think a DCB is better than an Eliminator and we know that is not true.

Poker Runs West
06-29-2007, 02:42 PM
The shoot and party are on for Sunday July 1.
Saturday: Around 2 or so we are going to head over to Zephyer Cove to hang out for a while. It is a full moon night so we may run up to Chambers for a Sunset Run later on.
Sunday: Meet up in front of the entrance to Keys that goes to the houses not the marina at 10:30. We will have a drivers meeting and the helicopter will be overhead about 11. After the run we will meet at The Beacon at Camp Richardson for food and refreshments. The afternoon will be spent on the water. The house party & dinner will be at 8 in the Keys at 2228 Balboa. Come by boat or car. It is the third cove on the left when entering the keys and almost to the end on the left.
Any question call cell 916-704-7022.

John.
06-29-2007, 04:04 PM
ya'll have fun, be safe and stay away from the fires. We'll try and make it up there next year.

Poker Runs West
06-29-2007, 10:03 PM
ya'll have fun, be safe and stay away from the fires. We'll try and make it up there next year.
No time liike the present. As long as she is running use her.
Maybe we will see you at the delta Casino Royal Run and radar run.

grads2112
06-30-2007, 06:35 AM
No time liike the present. As long as she is running use her.
Maybe we will see you at the delta Casino Royal Run and radar run.
From what I understand the wife won't let him take the boat up there by himself because she is the only one that REALLY knows how to drive it.:D
We're leaving in about an hour...see you guys up there.

Badburn
06-30-2007, 07:03 AM
grads yiu know you love john. have fun. this is ken we are in havasu Jordy says hi:D :D

grads2112
06-30-2007, 07:08 AM
grads yiu know you love john. have fun. this is ken we are in havasu Jordy says hi:D :D
So what did Todd buy??

Badburn
06-30-2007, 07:19 AM
25 eliminator, youll see the back of it soon enough:D

highvoltagehands
06-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey Greg, we'll be staying at 1621 Venice in the keys. See ya guys up there.
HUD.

grads2112
06-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Couldn't of asked for a nicer day!!! Bottom of the boat didn't see much water today:sqeyes: You gotta love Tahoe on a windy day... where's big water Ken when you need him. The photo shoot should be sweet.

acatitude
07-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Couldn't of asked for a nicer day!!! Bottom of the boat didn't see much water today:sqeyes: You gotta love Tahoe on a windy day... where's big water Ken when you need him. The photo shoot should be sweet.
there obviously aint no big water or youd be on the beach wuss. havi is nice at 1 am, boat full of beer and babes.,.... hey they do
have real pasties here, lol..

grads2112
07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
King of Tahoe???
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4113/54797978oe2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot with Canon EOS 30D (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=Canon+EOS+30D&make=Canon) at 2007-07-01

Jordy
07-01-2007, 11:13 PM
King of Tahoe???
Nope. Still looks like the King of the Dipshits to me. :notam:

acatitude
07-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Nope. Still looks like the King of the Dipshits to me. :notam:
Just rolled in from havi, but the drive was worth it...... to funny, lol.. :D

justfloatn
07-02-2007, 06:34 AM
KING PIMP!:D Lucky Bastard.
King of Tahoe???
Shot with Canon EOS 30D (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=Canon+EOS+30D&make=Canon) at 2007-07-01

Lost Wages
07-02-2007, 07:39 AM
King of Tahoe???
Easy now Grads, your stretching your boundaries. Keep your King rating in Folsom, the position has been filled in Tahoe for a couple of years now.:D :D
How was the photo shoot? Did the wind cooperate this weekend?

hulshot
07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
King, what can I say. You do get alot of picture time.
BADBURN spill the beans are you part of the clan now. Havi is a long way to just go look. I know I have done drives like that and I didnt come back empty handed. :) :)

acatitude
07-02-2007, 08:30 AM
we came back with hands full Don:D :D , but Ill let badburn tell all

hulshot
07-02-2007, 08:44 AM
NICE!:)

Badburn
07-02-2007, 09:25 AM
King, what can I say. You do get alot of picture time.
BADBURN spill the beans are you part of the clan now. Havi is a long way to just go look. I know I have done drives like that and I didnt come back empty handed. :) :)
Not sure what happened, I woke up this morning and noticed my wallet turned inside out -laying on the floor, then I went outside and found this hooked to my truck:
http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/eliminator1.jpg
http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/eliminator2.jpg
http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/eliminator3.jpg
Grads, you are the man......nice picture, what do you think it will look like after photo-chop? You better get a chin strap for that crown....Youre gonna need it! LOL Theres a new cat in town.;)

NICE PAIR
07-02-2007, 09:39 AM
"You've come far pilgrim" :D good job.

justfloatn
07-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Nice Boat..Their going to have to change the name at Folsom if a couple more Eliminators show up out there.:D Have to admit with prices dropping I've been looking at a couple 25's and 27's falling below 75K for a 04 to 06.:idea:
Maybe next summer:D
Not sure what happened, I woke up this morning and noticed my wallet turned inside out -laying on the floor, then I went outside and found this hooked to my truck:
http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/eliminator1.jpg
http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/eliminator2.jpg
http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/eliminator3.jpg
Grads, you are the man......nice picture, what do you think it will look like after photo-chop? You better get a chin strap for that crown....Youre gonna need it! LOL Theres a new cat in town.;)

Badburn
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
So, lets see some tahoe pics.....................

Dimarco21
07-02-2007, 04:35 PM
"You've come far pilgrim" :D good job.
That's what I'm saying. Hope he can keep up with our 24.4523 M.P.H. lunch runs.:D

acatitude
07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
That's what I'm saying. Hope he can keep up with our 24.4523 M.P.H. lunch runs.:D
hell we broke 26mph till he hit the sand at the sandbar.... yea we're tourists all right :D :D

707dog
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
BADBURN THATS A REALLY NICE ELEMINATOR...IT HASNT BEEN ASKED YET BUT WHATS STICKING UP OUT OF THAT ENGINE COMPARTMENT???:confused:
OWWW YA FORGOT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TAHOE SILLY ME:) WHERES THE PICTURES??

acatitude
07-02-2007, 07:49 PM
BADBURN THATS A REALLY NICE ELEMINATOR...IT HASNT BEEN ASKED YET BUT WHATS STICKING UP OUT OF THAT ENGINE COMPARTMENT???:confused:
OWWW YA FORGOT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TAHOE SILLY ME:) WHERES THE PICTURES??
LMAO :D :D yea you cant post other shit here you silly fool;)

707dog
07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
LMAO...straight thread jacking...badburn had the best pic's so far..:D

grads2112
07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey Ken, Doug is coming up Friday Why don't you and Chipendales come up to show us how you really run in big water?
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7223/kensboat11aaq8en0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot with DSC-P150 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=DSC-P150&make=SONY) at 2007-07-03

acatitude
07-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Gee grads Id love to but you know how it goes. home from havasu, then next day headed out to shasta where im typing from right now... Like youve said previously to your buddies on here,,,, you need new material this is getting old and boring,.,, just like leaving you in my wake is.... I need new blood, you need to start at the bottom and work your way up before you get to run next to the real KING of folsom........ remember we just let you keep that title cuzz you whined so much......:eek:
badburn says if ya got more 100 dollar bills he will show you his transom:D :D .... Personally I'm thinking he his the new King of the pond scum when he goes there,,, we kinda prefer the river;) :D

justfloatn
07-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Gee grads Id love to but you know how it goes. home from havasu, then next day headed out to shasta where im typing from right now... Like youve said previously to your buddies on here,,,, you need new material this is getting old and boring,.,, just like leaving you in my wake is.... I need new blood, you need to start at the bottom and work your way up before you get to run next to the real KING of folsom........ remember we just let you keep that title cuzz you whined so much......:eek:
badburn says if ya got more 100 dollar bills he will show you his transom:D :D .... Personally I'm thinking he his the new King of the pond scum when he goes there,,, we kinda prefer the river;) :D
:mad: :boxingguy :rolleyes: :D

Poker Runs West
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
The Photo shoot and run and BBQ house party was a blast. Everyone was definately in the mood for a great time. The water on Saturday and in the afternoon on Sunday and Monday gave everyone a chance to play in some rough water. Easy three footers and occasionally a little bigger at times.
The fourth fireworks at South Shore were great as usual.
The weather is awesome, going to hit 95 on the lake today.
Hope to see everyone at the CASINO ROYAL RUN & RADAR RUN July 20 & 21 in the Delta. www.pokerrunswest.com

Poker Runs West
07-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Being a good KING is more than being fast and knowing how to handle rough water, which this benevolent king certainly does know. It is how you take care of your subjects and as you can see from the Tahoe pictures the KING knows how to take care of all those that pay homage too him.
Everyone will have a chance to show how fast they are at the CASINO ROYAL RUN July 20 & 21. Maybe we will get some rough water for those that so desire too. Be there or be square.........:) :) :)

acatitude
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Being a good KING is more than being fast and knowing how to handle rough water, which this benevolent king certainly does know. It is how you take care of your subjects and as you can see from the Tahoe pictures the KING knows how to take care of all those that pay homage too him.
Everyone will have a chance to show how fast they are at the CASINO ROYAL RUN July 20 & 21. Maybe we will get some rough water for those that so desire too. Be there or be square.........:) :) :)
Geez Chris, gettin all serious and shit sure takes the fun outa this bantering;) ... and The king only seems to be worried about wether anyone passes him, lol..... theres never been a question regarding his king pimpin status:rolleyes:

Lot Lizard
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Geez PRW, get Grads NUTTS off your chin and out of your mouth. Anyone can grab all their acquaintences girlfirends and pose with them on their boat. Why dont you mix in a chick now and then for yourself?
LL

acatitude
07-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Yea Prw, I guess your right, it takes more then speed... ya gotta have a hot momma..... well I think grads has lost his crown... I do believe there is a new pimp daddy KING in town and here is how he rolls... and at 10 to boot.:D ... Hand over that crown Grads, youve been dethroned:eek:
All hale KING Michael and his queen

Poker Runs West
07-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Geez PRW, get Grads NUTTS off your chin and out of your mouth. Anyone can grab all their acquaintences girlfirends and pose with them on their boat. Why dont you mix in a chick now and then for yourself?
LL
I won't waste my time groveling in the gutter trading insults with someone like you. Your name "lot lizard" says all that is necessary.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Poker Runs West
07-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Yea Prw, I guess your right, it takes more then speed... ya gotta have a hot momma..... well I think grads has lost his crown... I do believe there is a new pimp daddy KING in town and here is how he rolls... and at 10 to boot.:D ... Hand over that crown Grads, youve been dethroned:eek:
All hale KING Michael and his queen
All hale all the kings and especially their queens.:) :) :smile_