PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Travel / Horror Stories

Her454
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
First of all, Im very happy that Sleeks son has been found safe and sound (check other thread) and I've started this one to find out how many people have had bad experiences in Mexico and when?
I had a bad experience in 79 and it cost my dad almost 7K and two three wheelers to get us off the beach and home safe ....all from riding the two 3 wheelers "too fast" through town. (This was a beach town in Mexico) I was 16 and it scared the holy shit out of me.
Another incident was in 80' and two of my girlfriends were standing around watching a truck pull out another truck that was stuck in a bog and the rope snapped and took off one of the girls heads. The dad was driving one of the trucks and the two girls were sisters. We (our families) had to take the girl (Diane) and lay her in the truck with sleeping bags so it looked like she was fine until we could get her across the border to the USA. It was very scary and I'll never forget it. It tore that poor family up later. Everyone was worried that Mexico would hold the body if we contacted anyone so thats why it was handled that way.

topless
06-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Derricks mom has and dad own a vacation house in Mexico and were planning on staying there for 3 months earlier this year.They had just retired and were looking forward to some r & r. She got sick down there and had to be hospitalized......long story short, they only accept cash in Mexico or she would have died so 400,000.00 later, she is better and got to come home. Well needless to say, their retirement money isn't what they expected anymore. Those people screw us every chance they get

ratso
06-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I got married in Mexico once... talk about a horror story.:jawdrop:

Cigalert
06-09-2007, 09:45 AM
My buddy's aunt died of a heart attack on the first night we were visiting. They lived in Los Barrilles in the East Cape about 60 miles north of Cabo. The cops wanted to charge us a couple grand to remove the body. Luckily a family friend rolled over and knew the cops. But we had to cover up her body in the back of the truck for fear of running into the same problem when they delivered her to La Paz. Another friend of a friend was up in La Paz and was able to creamate her remains. We dumped her ashes just off shore from their house in San Clemente.
It sucked, everyone was too scared to bring her body into the United States so she had to be creamated.
I found 2 illegals (I found out they were illegal by my buddy who was the EMT) got smacked by a drunk driver on Los Alisos in Mission Viejo and I was the first one on the scene. I wonder what would happen here if I acted like they do down there? If I decided "naw, they're not american I'm not calling anyone" or maybe I could have said "dame dinero and I will make a phone call carnal". 1 guy was DOA by the time the medics rolled but the other guy had a lung collapse and lived and they both bled all the fock over me.

marty722
06-09-2007, 09:50 AM
and had a good time until we left the bar. The cops followed us around town and after about an hour they approched us and told us that we are drunk in public and that we needed to give them some money to get away. I gave them everything I had and my buddy had nothing so they took him to jail... About an hr later he was released and had nothing on but his underware.... We then did a five finger discount at a store and dashed out like lighting to the boarder and was able to cross with no problems while they were looking for us. Since that day in 1976 I have not been back and will not ever go back.... We have a group of RV's that go down there every year but I have never had the balls to go... They say as long as your in a group your ok. Its the people that are alone that they hassel....

Kaotic
06-09-2007, 11:06 AM
First of all, Im very happy that Sleeks son has been found safe and sound (check other thread) and I've started this one to find out how many people have had bad experiences in Mexico and when?
I had a bad experience in 79 and it cost my dad almost 7K and two three wheelers to get us off the beach and home safe ....all from riding the two 3 wheelers "too fast" through town. (This was a beach town in Mexico) I was 16 and it scared the holy shit out of me.
Another incident was in 80' and two of my girlfriends were standing around watching a truck pull out another truck that was stuck in a bog and the rope snapped and took off one of the girls heads. The dad was driving one of the trucks and the two girls were sisters. We (our families) had to take the girl (Diane) and lay her in the truck with sleeping bags so it looked like she was fine until we could get her across the border to the USA. It was very scary and I'll never forget it. It tore that poor family up later. Everyone was worried that Mexico would hold the body if we contacted anyone so thats why it was handled that way.
I have not been to El Golfo since moving from Yuma. We had many good times down there. I remember the incident about the girl and the tow strap. If I remeber correctly, she also went to Kofa High.

Mandelon
06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Been down there dozens of times, only got hassled once for $20 from a Motorcycle cop.....

INSman
06-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Just got back from a week in Puerto Vallarta, not a hint of a problem.

kap
06-09-2007, 11:30 AM
To Whom it May Concern:
The first step in receiving assistance is to call the United States Embassy.
Removal of bodies from Mexico is not difficult if you know what to do.
Also remember if you are involved in an accident auto or otherwise it is best to handle it on your own.
Think about it if you are involved in a fatality in the US you will be detained for hours if not days until the investigation homicide or otherwise is completed.
I travel to many countries including Mexico and understand the risks and options prior to leaving the US.
Just a little FYI.
Ok now my wife and I were going to San Felipe via Mexicali highway. Half way through one of the small pueblos on the outskirts of town a person tried to pull us over with a flashing red cherry cop light.
I proceeded to accelerate and the chase began after several miles and numerous curves they gave up. This only after I left them in the dust doing 90-100mph-- no way was I pulling over for unmarked car. I was very scared, terrified and thankful the chase ended :eek: . I later learned several tourist fell victim to this scam and were robbed at gunpoint and one female assualted.
I did not know if I the person was a real cop but accepted the risk of flight. If they really wanted me they would send the cavalry ie... multiple units.
Come to think of it I would probably do the same in the US if some bozo tried to pull me over without a marked car. Except I would also call appropriate agency.
KAP

YeLLowBoaT
06-09-2007, 11:38 AM
who needs to go to mexico when you can just go to LA county... :D
In college during spring break, a member of the group I was with ate a taco from a street side cart...he had it coming out of both ends for about 5 days.

whiteworks
06-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Mexico is all about the BITE "MORDIDA" you can buy your way out of anything if you act fast and smart and get the deal done before more show up.

Riverkid
06-09-2007, 01:24 PM
What he think's Mexico's finest. What did it cost him to get his Trophy Truck back?

Baja Big Dog
06-09-2007, 01:36 PM
What he think's Mexico's finest. What did it cost him to get his Trophy Truck back?
Mexico has laws..break them and pay. This has been beaten to death on another forum and the bottom line is Markie screwed up.

RitcheyRch
06-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I was involved in a car accident while down in Mexicali on business for the Boeing Aircraft Co. Boeing has a supplier of parts down there and I was over there helping get them in order and teaching them how to read blueprints. I was on my way back to the hotel when a van made a U-tuen in front of me. It had rained the night before so the roads were very slick. I hit the brakes and knew would not stop in time from broadsiding the van.
I changed lanes to go around the van when all of a sudden it broadsided me and slammed me into a hotel. I immediately jumped out of the car and ran into the hotel to jump on a phone. I called the company that I was supporting and explained what happened. A US and Mexican National came down to assist me. The police and ambulance arrived before my help arrived. TOld the ambulane driver was ok and not hurt. The police put me in the car and took me to the police station. The so-called chief of police told me that it was a serious accident and told me he could make it disappear for $300. Told him wasnt interested in it since was a rental car and I had purchased the Mexican Auto Insurance. A few hours later an adjuster from the insurance company arrived.
I explained that I needed the accident report so could go back to the rental car company to get another car to come home and that they would need the report to know where there car was. The adjuster told me would take a few weeks to get the paperwork finished but if gave him $400 he would do it right there. TOld him to fock himself. About this time the guys that were there from the company had called the company attorney and explaned to her what was going on. She came down to the police station immediately and told the insurance adjuster that for the $400 he was trying to get out of me she could have him killed before he left the police station. Needless to say, he completed the paperwork as we stood there.
Left there and came back home.
Sorry was a little long.

LuckyStrike
06-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I Took The LUCKYSTRIKE to Rocky Point this Spring for some Fishing...Never Had A Problem:)

OverKill
06-09-2007, 02:41 PM
who needs to go to mexico when you can just go to LA county... :D
In college during spring break, a member of the group I was with ate a taco from a street side cart...he had it coming out of both ends for about 5 days.
You know why?? It's because they wash all the vegtables in the bath tub. Even here in Phoenix. Just after mom washes two shitten in the tub kids, in go the vegtables for washing. Ya think that will make you sick??:idea:

Hopdaddie
06-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I was down for spring break one year late 80's or so. People used to dig big pits in the sand and build fires in the middle. Sit around em drinking...
Well a truck got stuck in one of these pits and had another one pulling it out. It may be the same girl mentioned earlier. Saw a person on an ATV hit the tow line all out everyone started running towards the accident. Knowing how corrupt the Federalies and police are we didnt stick around to find out what happened. Did not look good though.

Misogynist
06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
I got married in Mexico once... talk about a horror story.:jawdrop:
I smell a Ratso story!.... was it the marriage?... or Mexico?.... we want to know!

YODA
06-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Too many crooked beaners in mexico and plenty of nice places to go here in the US

Her454
06-10-2007, 03:32 PM
I have not been to El Golfo since moving from Yuma. We had many good times down there. I remember the incident about the girl and the tow strap. If I remeber correctly, she also went to Kofa High.
Yes she did, would have graduated in 81'. Really messed up that family, and the incident has stayed with the rest of us over the years as well. To this day, I wont go anywhere near anyone pulling someone out with a rope, strap or otherwise.

Riverkid
06-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Bingo. We do that a lot and I always through a jacket or a sand bag over the cable/strap. I don't let anybody get close. Lost my back window before we started doing that. They are pretty violent, especially the strech-em straps....

R.A.D.man
06-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I lost a second cousin at El Golfo (I think that's the place). Some of my family was Rv'ing and riding on the beach and several Banditos held them up after dark. My great uncle and his son encountered these guys first, uncle's wife was in the RV, once the Mexicans made a move to the RV, my cousin was afraid for his mom, so he jumped on one and was stabbed and died on the beach. The word was that the local law knew who it was, they were never punished.
My uncle still takes his family there to vacation.

Mrs. 20
06-11-2007, 07:01 AM
See this is the reason we won't go to Rocky Point.

catman-do
06-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Was arrested once in Cancun. $20 got me out of it, never really gone back again. Like someone said earlier, too many nice places here in the US and Mexico is too corrupt. They want to hold a "May-day" rally up here, then we should hold back our tourism down there.... We will see which country suffers the most.

Havasu1
06-11-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm done with Mexico. When I was younger I use to surf all over Mexico with little problems. What problems that did arise could be resolved with some cash ($20 - $50). Four years ago I went down with a good friend to play golf at Baja Mar just north of Ensenada. We were coming back just outside of TJ doing about 70 mph on the toll road. Someone through a large chunk of asphalt at the car and it hit the windshielt right in front of me. The windshield in front of me completely shattered and had a 2" hole in it. Luckily it held and the asphalf didn't come through. Had it gone all the way through it would have been a really bad day! Since that day, I have not set one foot in Mexico.

Her454
06-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Was arrested once in Cancun. $20 got me out of it, never really gone back again. Like someone said earlier, too many nice places here in the US and Mexico is too corrupt. They want to hold a "May-day" rally up here, then we should hold back our tourism down there.... We will see which country suffers the most.
This has been discussed many times, and in all fairness, I grew up down in El Golfo and San Felipe and that is the only trouble we were ever in but it DOES happen. My dad would always stop and buy the Mexican insurance before we crossed the border for additional peace of mind too. MOST of the time, if you leave them alone, they leave you alone. Dont be a smartass at the checkpoints and just go with the flow. What pisses me off, is how they are treated here and the complete difference. Its just a chance to take to enjoy Mexico's beaches etc.

Her454
06-11-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm done with Mexico. When I was younger I use to surf all over Mexico with little problems. What problems that did arise could be resolved with some cash ($20 - $50). Four years ago I went down with a good friend to play golf at Baja Mar just north of Ensenada. We were coming back just outside of TJ doing about 70 mph on the toll road. Someone through a large chunk of asphalt at the car and it hit the windshielt right in front of me. The windshield in front of me completely shattered and had a 2" hole in it. Luckily it held and the asphalf didn't come through. Had it gone all the way through it would have been a really bad day! Since that day, I have not set one foot in Mexico.
Just curious what that has to do with being in Mexico? That could have happened anywhere in the US as well.

CARLSON-JET
06-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Not a horror story but many years ago I was down in T.J. with a few freinds in a dual cab dually pickup. The driver made the mistake of going down Revolution Blvd. the wrong way. (one way in some places)
Another friend had warned us all to have a nice roll of ones (about $35) ready for any trouble with the law before going down there. As they jacked around with us for a while I handed them my roll of ones. Within seconds we were on our way going the correct direction. Honestly If it would have been in the U.S. I think driving down the wrong way might have been a bit more costly.
Same night another friend accidently brought a cup/glass of what ever he was drinking outside.. Instantly he was stopped by the law. my other friend pulled out his roll and handed it over... problem solved..
As a kid in the early 70's we used to go down to Rockypoint all the time and never had any issues..

Her454
06-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Another friend had warned us all to have a nice roll of ones (about $35) ready for any trouble with the law before going down there. As they jacked around with us for a while I handed them my roll of ones. Within seconds we were on our way going the correct direction.
Same night another friend accidently brought a cup/glass of what ever he was drinking outside.. Instantly he was stopped by the law. my other friend pulled out his roll and handed it over... problem solved..
Im wondering if we ourselves are making the problem worse by "Preparing" to pay for "anything" out of fear for the worse and now its just "expected".:confused:

Big Warlock
06-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I have had my boat in Mexico for over 10 years. Currently docked in Puerto Vallarta. I have never had a problem in Mexico.
However, I have observed many things. My conclusion is that most Americans create their own problems. They act like jackasses and then want to claim "I am an American" to get out of it. Cracks me up! I have seen it almost everytime I go down there. I always think, would you do that in the US and get away with it? And the answer is almost always, NO!
I would rather be in Mexico and in trouble where I knew I could work the system much quicker than here in the US. And the latest legal events shows why that isn't any better than Mexico. I have more worries in Havasu than Mexico! (Although they are both looking the same lately!)
I could tell you a bunch of stories that would be entertaining. In the last year there were a bunch Assclowns (American variety) in a bar where we were. I am not a bar / club person to start. These people were throwing limes at each other across the club and kept hitting me. Now, the way to deal with this situation is easy. You go outside and tell the Federal Police man, in spanish, that there are some Americans who are betting whether his mother is a "lady of the night" or not. That usually sees them being hauled off for a different bar for the rest of the evening. And makes my life much, much more pleasant. :D

CARLSON-JET
06-11-2007, 08:02 AM
From what I understand the policia down there get payed crap.. So part of the income is from direct contributions from on the spot "bail".
I do think you have a good point.. I just didn't want to be the guy who fought a losing cause in a country that I'm not a citizen of.. ;)

Baja Big Dog
06-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I have had my boat in Mexico for over 10 years. Currently docked in Puerto Vallarta. I have never had a problem in Mexico.
However, I have observed many things. My conclusion is that most Americans create their own problems. They act like jackasses and then want to claim "I am an American" to get out of it. Cracks me up! I have seen it almost every time I go down there. I always think, would you do that in the US and get away with it? And the answer is almost always, NO!
I would rather be in Mexico and in trouble where I knew I could work the system much quicker than here in the US. And the latest legal events shows why that isn't any better than Mexico. I have more worries in Havasu than Mexico! (Although they are both looking the same lately!)
I could tell you a bunch of stories that would be entertaining. In the last year there were a bunch Assclowns (American variety) in a bar where we were. I am not a bar / club person to start. These people were throwing limes at each other across the club and kept hitting me. Now, the way to deal with this situation is easy. You go outside and tell the Federal Police man, in spanish, that there are some Americans who are betting whether his mother is a "lady of the night" or not. That usually sees them being hauled off for a different bar for the rest of the evening. And makes my life much, much more pleasant. :D
Ive been waiting for some to post this...I agree, most problems are man made, Insurance for one, alot of horror stories are involving accidents, and the lack of insurance. This is Russian roulette with six rounds in the gun! Get in an accident in Mexico and your in jail, period, and God help you if you hurt a national, your life will be hell, and if you kill one....well we don't have the time.
Another is the border towns, TJ, Mexicalli etc, they are shit holes, the people live for one thing, American money, and the goal is to separate you from that money, yes the cops are not paid well, so they steal from the Americans, we had a problem about 15 years ago in Mexicalli while driving to San Frlipe, and cops ripping us off, to the tune of up to 150 people on a typical Friday. If anyone has driven to San Felipe they know of the famous railroad track "ALTO" sign at the split going out of Mexicalli, they would park and wait for Americans to run the sign, that you normally would have to do to prevent a n accident because the Mexicans don't stop.
We were fed up and went to the state government office and San Felipe and started complaining, here is the results:
Whenever getting pulled over get the badge number of the cop. They will normally have something covering the badge, a pad, a jacket etc.
Get the car number and or licence plate, which sometimes is hard to get because they will park at an angle.
Take notes, this will scare the cop.
The most important issue we learned...
It is illegal to offer a cop a bribe, it is illegal for a cop to ask you to pay for the ticket on the spot, do not ask if you can pay the cop, and if he advises you to pay him decline, if you know your innocent tell the cop to take you to the court, 99.9% of the time he will tell you to follow him and he will disappear.
The best advise I give people going down there is don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time.

CBadDad
06-11-2007, 09:25 AM
We had a place near K55 when I was growing up. I remember when you could get four fish tacos for a buck (that's why I hate Rubio's today). I have had may encounters with the policia. The bribe/mordita (mosquito bite) is a way of life for Mexicans and can be used to your advantage if you're doing something you are not suppose to be doing. If you don't want to pay the mordita, you can always ask to see the judge and deal with it the "legal" way, but remember, it is Napoleanic (sp) Law in Mexico where you are guilty until proven innocent. If you're willing to go that route, the cops will usually let you go, because the judge is gonna get your money instead of him. He'd rather go look for someone else who is willing to pay the bribe. It all depends on the "crime". Usually, it's not worth $20 to me to waste my time.
Having saud that, I have never had a problem when I am acting like I am in a foriegn contry and behaving myself. Lot's of fun things do do in Mexico.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I always think, would you do that in the US and get away with it? And the answer is almost always, NO!
Sort of like the idiots in Havasu that do things while there but would not do the same, and would be pissed if some tourist did it, in their own hometown.....

Big Warlock
06-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Sort of like the idiots in Havasu that do things while there but would not do the same, and would be pissed if some tourist did it, in their own hometown.....
Absolutely!!

Seadog
06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
In the military, we used to make forays into Nogales. Luckily, we had someone with experience to keep us safe. parked my car on the US side and walked in. The worse that happened was an occasional hangover and worries about needing a shot.
My little brother, on the other hand, has always had a penchant for getting into situations. He rode his 450CF down there a long time ago. Went through the mountains and going around a curve, ran into a landslide. He walked to the last town and got someone to haul him out, but in the meantime, the local sheriff "just happened" to find the bike and took custody of it. He told my brother to get, or he would be arrested. Had to wire him money to get back, and then they almost arrested him for going in with a vehicle and not bringing it out. Then when he finally landed in Houston, he had an overnight layover. He then gets propositioned by some guy wanting to give him a BJ. Like I said, he has a talent.:rolleyes:

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I have been to mexico numerous times and it is still one of my favorite vacation spots.
We used to do the TJ think during our senior year of High school and for a couple years after.;) :D
Only had a handfull of trouble down there. One time by buddy pushed away one of the pushy tequila popper guys and he dropped his bottle. He called the policia and 2 officers chased 4 of us down Revolustion through randow alleys until we were able to get away and hide in a random club
Another time a guy with us started pissing on the bridge crossing the channel and we were able to pay off the 2 cops for $6.00 (We had the extra $$ hidden in our socks and they were content with the $$ after we showed our pockets were empty.
Scariest thing happend while vacationing with buddies in Puerto Vallarta. After a long night of drinking (4am) we were stopped by a truck of full of M-16toting federalies. They had the 3 of us up against the wall with guns in our back while they searched our pockets. After hearing all the horror stories I thought that one of my buddies (I don't mess w/drugs) would have something on them or that the cops would plant drugs on one of us and lock us up for life. Luckily they were legit and let us go on our way after the buzz killing search:)
Heading back to Puerta Vallarta in October for our honeymoon

BOBALOO
06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I will NEVER go down there again! I look Mexican and so does my wife but we dont speak spanish. The Federalies dont believe us and decide to search all my shit EVERYTIME I go INTO:mad: and OUT :mad: of mexico. 2 trips ago I wrecked my back and had to miss a big trip we had planned with friends. My wife went down there and the M16 toting guys gave them a hard time at the checkpoints.:mad: I used to have a great time there and never had problems until the last few trips but if I dont feel safe somewhere I dont go.
I have been in about 8 different countries since my last Mexico trip and have had ZERO problems, so i know it is not me.
Havasu is starting to give me that feeling sometimes,:eek: we just go somewhere else if we get the "vibe"

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I used to go on surf trips south of Ensenada all the time. We constantly got stopped by the machine gun toting federales. :sqeyes: It was so fricken scary. We were usually in the middle of nowhere and noone would know if they messed with us. We always planned ahead and brought cookies, old cassette tapes, Playboy mags etc. Federales like naked boobies and cookies. LOL
I think as long as you show some respect and don't act like a pompous ass, you will be fine. And once you get away from the border cities, the country folk are quite nice.
Just the same, I have not been in Mex for at least 10 years and have no desire to go anytime soon.

Ziggy
06-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Had a few interesting nights in TJ but avoided issues myself.
Wife went on a girls trip with 3 other girls, she drove. Driving along a road a cop suddenly pulls her over and says she ran an Alto sign. "What sign?" she says, "I was following another car."
He took her license and told her to follow to HQ............she went one way as he went another and bailed out. Same trip the girls had issues with the Ensanada Hotel they had booked, they ended up with no room or money so they slept in the car on the beach campground.
They were very glad to get home...never to return.
Few years ago we decided to give Mexico another shot, supposed to be better futher south.
While traveling from Cancun to Playa Carmenand futher to the Mayan ruins by car we got bambozeled at a gas station......wife wanted to make me go force them for my extra $8 change but I wasn't interested it that....I said they must need it worse than we do, let it go.
So the corruption is just the same down that way. YEah, it was the touristy areas so maybe it should have been expected, but again, it left us with no desire to return.
Very different feeling if secluded into a posh resort though :D:D

Ziggy
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
I think as long as you show some respect and don't act like a pompous ass, you will be fine. And once you get away from the border cities, the country folk are quite nice.
I'd agree with this for the most part, the Americans do come down there and think its fine to act as stupid as possible.........kinda like the way we complain about the once or twice a year crowds that come and trash our beloved Lake Havasu...........

lucky
06-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I think we should start a new thread -
Mexico ***** ... or calexico stories :D

Schiada76
06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
We used to venture deep into the bowels of Mexico as far from the tourist spots as possible.
On one trip my friends appendix ruptured and we had to put him in a Mexican hospital. The doctor came into his room the second night he was there, drunk on his ass leaned over his bed and slurred " you're gonna die here gringo" then laughed his ass off.:mad:
It took us another day to get him out of the country on an air ambulance, thank god his dad had money.
Mexico is great but don't get hurt down there.
That was the same trip that we ran over the dead body laying in the middle of the road, but that's another story.
:sqeyes:

Ziggy
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
We used to venture deep into the bowels of Mexico as far from the tourist spots as possible.
On one trip my friends appendix ruptured and we had to put him in a Mexican hospital. The doctor came into his room the second night he was there, drunk on his ass leaned over his bed and slurred " you're gonna die here gringo" then laughed his ass off.:mad:
It took us another day to get him out of the country on an air ambulance, thank god his dad had money.
Mexico is great but don't get hurt down there.
That was the same trip that we ran over the dead body laying in the middle of the road, but that's another story.
:sqeyes:
My friends father had an asthma attack while there and died because the local medics didn't know what to do..........this was just days before my friends' wedding....sad to have a Wake and Wedding in the same church within a few days of each other.
They also had difficulty getting his fathers body back into the States.

photo chick
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Growing up in So Cal my friends and I would venture down there a lot because we could drink legally..... In a nutshell I've been pulled over three times... the first time I was dumb and they got all my money. The two times after that I had stashed it all so they got what I had left in my wallet...After that we walked across and took cabs. Then in about 90 my best friend was pulled over and rather than buy her way out they took three of them (women) to jail and left the two guys on the side of the road..... Long story short my friend worked for Domino's at the time and a friend at the store had a friend in the police dept and she was released two days later unharmed....
A few months ago I was in Guadalajara on the way to the ocean, long drive, and was stopped at an Army check point. They made us get out of the car and went through all of our suitcases. Then they called the captain down and he asked me who was my favorite football team ???? don't know why but lucky me...he loved the Cowboys....we chatted about football for a bit and he called his guys off and told us to have a nice vacation......feyou!!!

Schiada76
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Growing up in So Cal my friends and I would venture down there a lot because we could drink legally..... In a nutshell I've been pulled over three times... the first time I was dumb and they got all my money. The two times after that I had stashed it all so they got what I had left in my wallet...After that we walked across and took cabs. Then in about 90 my best friend was pulled over and rather than buy her way out they took three of them (women) to jail and left the two guys on the side of the road..... Long story short my friend worked for Domino's at the time and a friend at the store had a friend in the police dept and she was released two days later unharmed....
A few months ago I was in Guadalajara on the way to the ocean, long drive, and was stopped at an Army check point. They made us get out of the car and went through all of our suitcases. Then they called the captain down and he asked me who was my favorite football team ???? don't know why but lucky me...he loved the Cowboys....we chatted about football for a bit and he called his guys off and told us to have a nice vacation......feyou!!!
Does the sign still say" ALTO! THIS IS A DROG INSPECTON!":D
Those kids with the M-16's ponted at my head always made me a tad nervous especially when they would start to "admire" your stereo, surfboard or other gear.

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I've been going all my life.. I had one encounter with a cop down there, that was solved for 30 bucks. That was when I was 16. When I was much younger my friends and I were tear assing around San Felipe on Quads, and a Honda Pilot. A cop stopped us and said, "Would you behave like this in your town?" As we sheepishly hung our heads and said no, he told us to have a good night.
Honestly I'd much rather deal with the federales then american cops, all day long.. I can't think of one legal issue I've had in the US that was solved for 50 bucks, and honestly I can't recall one encounter with an american cop that I wouldn't have paid 50 bucks to get them to just leave.
Read the stories in this thread!! You call them horror stories, but honestly I look at it as some corruption, and most likely somebody deserved worse but got off for 50 bucks..
I dunno.. Stacy and I love mexico, and go all the time with zero issues? Yes I do drive my truck, and hers down there. The only thing I try to do is get outta TJ as fast as possible.. People there drive nuts, and the town is a shit hole!
RD

barbigrl
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I've been going all my life.. I had one encounter with a cop down there, that was solved for 30 bucks. That was when I was 16. When I was much younger my friends and I were tear assing around San Felipe on Quads, and a Honda Pilot. A cop stopped us and said, "Would you behave like this in your town?" As we sheepishly hung our heads and said no, he told us to have a good night.
Honestly I'd much rather deal with the federales then american cops, all day long..
Read the stories in this thread!! You call them horror stories, but honestly I look at it as some corruption, and most likely somebody deserved worse but got off for 50 bucks..
I dunno.. Stacy and I love mexico, and go all the time with zero issues? Yes I do drive my truck, and hers down there. The only thing I try to do is get outta TJ as fast as possible.. People there drive nuts, and the town is a shit hole!
RD
I knew you would reply to this thread!! :) :)
I dont like Mexico.....there are too many Mexicans there!!!
lol j/k. hopefully no one has said that already in this thread..... :D

photo chick
06-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Does the sign still say" ALTO! THIS IS A DROG INSPECTON!":D
Those kids with the M-16's ponted at my head always made me a tad nervous especially when they would start to "admire" your stereo, surfboard or other gear.
OMG it did!!! And yes they were like 16 -18 years old.....

Schiada76
06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
So it's been there for at least twenty five years.:D

photo chick
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
So it's been there for at least twenty five years.:D
No this one was a few months ago when i was pulled over driving from Guadalajara to the ocean......

Schiada76
06-13-2007, 05:21 AM
No this one was a few months ago when i was pulled over driving from Guadalajara to the ocean......
So, the same one that was there twenty five years ago when I was on the same road.:D