PDA

View Full Version : Vegas / Mead Hot Rod Run set for August 24 & 25

Poker Runs West
06-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Poker Runs West is back to Sin City with its HOT ROD RUN. It has been 6 years since our much talked about America's Sweethearts Hot Rod Run and this one will be just as great. This high profile event will feature the class of the field in West Coast boats.
LIMITED TO 50 OF THE BEST, BADDEST AND MOST FUN TEAMS.
LOWES LUXURY LAKE LAS VEGAS RESORT is HQ=====$140 rooms
call 702-567- 1234 begining Wed. June 13 to reserve==rooms are limited
FRIDAY Boat show and registration in Lowes parking lot.
ALL TEAMS PARTICIPATE in kayak racing, R.C. boat racing in the
pool and other weird stuff we come up with.
COCKTAIL PARTY 7PM LOWES====DRESS RESORT CASUAL
SATURDAY Drivers meeting at Lowes, launching at Callville Bay, fun time
on Mead, COCKTAIL AWARDS PARTY AT LOWES 7PM
More info and registration will be available at www.pokerrunswest.com
Chris:) :) :)

Poker Runs West
06-13-2007, 06:28 AM
The group room booking opens today at Lowes. Rooms are limited and we expect to fill all 50 team slots so do not hesitate. Booking is under Poker Runs West Hot Rod Run. For more info go to www.pokerrunswest.com.:) :) :) :)

40FlatDeck
06-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Along with Predator, count another Skater in! Sending in our registration today!
Erik

Poker Runs West
06-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Lowes is now accepting reservations, rooms are limited so reserve soon. Booking is under Poker Runs West Hot Rod Run with rates at $140.
702-567-1234 Room booking ends 7-24-07
Registration is limited to 50 Boats so get that in too. Details at www.pokerrunswest.com.
If the early response is any indication this run will be over the top. Committed so far, and I don't mean institutionally, are:
Gary Smith----Predator------40 Skater
Erik Andersnon------Hit Man-------40 Skater
Bob Leach------The Godfather---36 Eliminator Daytona Coupe
Steve Ryckebosch-----Fenom----39 MTI
Mike Bobbit-----Risky Business------40 Skater
Mike Stevens-------????????????-------46 Outerlimits
Carlos Guzman-------Frisco's Finest--------36 Nortech IN SPIRIT FOREVER
Rod Karnofel----------Honker Cut Marine--------36 Skater
Randy Hansen---------Pet This-----------38 Hustler
Morgan Ayres---------Ill Tempered Child--------38 Eliminator
Leonard Vella-----------Mr. Sweeper------------40 Skater
Bruce Bullock----------120MPH Plus Special----------Skater
Jay Photoglou---------Slightly Cranky-----------42 Fountain

PHOTOGLOU
06-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Lowes is now accepting reservations, rooms are limited so reserve soon. Booking is under Poker Runs West Hot Rod Run with rates at $140.
702-567-1234
Registration is limited to 50 Boats so get that in too. Details at www.pokerrunswest.com.
If the early response is any indication this run will be over the top. Committed so far, and I don't mean institutionally, are:
Bob Leach-----------The Godfather--------36 Eliminator Daytona Coupe
Tim Dey--------Tunnel Vision-------36 Spectra
Carlos Guzman-------Frisco's Finest--------36 Nortech
Greg Lennon----------The King aka Pastie Cove Patrol-------30 Eliminator
Jesus hell of a group 1... Can we get a couple more v bottoms so its not just 3 of us getting the nasty water????

Poker Runs West
06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Jay,
Don't worry as I think I can arrange a start that will give us V-bottom guys a leg up. I think I know someone...............
SCOPE said they will post info on the event so some of that clan should show up to run with us guys that carry beds, bathrooms and home theater systems with us.
Looking forward to seeing you.:) :) :)

CAHotRodBoy
06-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Can I bring my slow boat or is just for the "big high roller guys"? Is it a hot rod run or a boat poker run? Can I bring my hot rod (34 Ford Coupe)?

Poker Runs West
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Bring both of them. I would love to have some rods on display at Lowes especially on Friday and when we get back with the boats Saturday about 5pm.
I cruise about 60 mph so no boat is too slow. Everybody has to wait for me at the stops anyway. Sometimes being in charge has its percs.
Let me know of any car clubs that might want to meet us at the stops and get involved. Burning race gas is burning race gas whether in a boat or a car.
Let er rip,:) :) :)
Chris

CAHotRodBoy
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
I'll let them know at the Las Vegas Cruising Association. Art Kamm is the director and he organises a lot of cruise nights and car shows here. I can put up a flyer at my shop and So Cal Speed Shop Las Vegas. Need a little more info though. Your website doesn't provide a lot. I'll have my boat there too (29 Baja Outlaw) as I live only minutes away and if you're only doing 60 I can keep up! :D

Poker Runs West
06-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Here is some more info on the event.
Participants will be arriving at Lowes Lake Las Vegas Resort Friday morning, or earlier, and will finish registration there. The parking lot will become a high performance boat show and car show for any guys that show up. If there is someone local there that wants to organize a car run we can come up with a plan to include the car guys into our fun and games Friday afternoon and evening. We will be having team kayak races, racing remote control boats in the pool and just having a great time at the resort.
I' open for all ideas as long as they compliment all the efforts the boaters are going to etc. You can reach me at 916-652-7922 or cell 916-704-7022.

Poker Runs West
07-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Hotel booking for Lowes goes away July 24. Book your rooms now to make sure you get a spot.
Look on here in prior posts for more info on the event or go to www.pokerrunswest.com.

Poker Runs West
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM
702-567-1234 Room booking ends 7-24-07
Bob Leach------The Godfather---36 Eliminator Daytona Coupe
Steve Ryckebosch-----Fenom----39 MTI
Mike Bobbit-----Risky Business------40 Skater
Carlos Guzman-------Frisco's Finest--------36 Nortech
WITH US IN SPIRIT FOREVER
MAKE SURE YOU MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS NOW
When the booking goes off July 24 there are no guarantees of rooms being available............
Get the registrations in as we are making commitments so we can give you the best possible experience possible.:) :) :)
Chris

Poker Runs West
08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Just a few weeks away now. Some rooms are still available at Lowes.
MyRCSupply.com will be joining us at Lowes on Friday to assist us with our rc boat racing event. They are bringing some cool boats for us to race as well as some serious rc hardware to show off. How about nitro rc cars in the parking lot and nitro boats in the lagoon? This will be a blast. Racing times for both rc and kayak racing will be from about 2-4 at Lowes.
The Poker Run will have two marina and one beach stop on Saturday. This will allow us to have four formal starts for all of you who enjoy running together.

skater40
08-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm in. Chris- what time does the poker run start on saturday and which launch we using.It would be nice to see some las vegas hot boat members at this poker run.

Poker Runs West
08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
We'll go over everything at the drivers meeting but I think a good starting time will be about 10:30. More to come on that later. I have been in touch with the Las Vegas Hot Boat Group and have heard some of them will be participating.
Looking forward to getting back into some open uncongested water.