PDA

View Full Version : L.A. City Atty. wife drove on suspended license

CARLSON-JET
06-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Los Angeles City Atty. Rocky Delgadillo acknowledged Friday that his wife got a traffic ticket while driving with a suspended license in 2005, which resulted in her paying a $186 fine.
The disclosure came on the same day that Delgadillo insisted on more jail time for heiress Paris Hilton.
Delgadillo said through a spokesman that his wife regrets the violation.
Michelle Delgadillo, 36, was ticketed two years ago for failing to obey a turn-only sign, but was not cited by the ticketing officer for the license suspension.
Her license had been suspended the previous year after she was involved in an accident and could not show that she had insurance, as required by state law.

RitcheyRch
06-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Guess the rules dont apply to him or his family.

Boatcop
06-09-2007, 08:13 PM
And this is relevant to what?
I presume this is a comparison to the Paris Hilton deal.
Hilton wasn't just driving on a Suspended License. She was in violation of court imposed probation, following a plea from a DUI offense. She also showed up late to her court hearing.
Driving on a suspended license for DUI always carries a more severe penalty than one for a traffic ticket.

CARLSON-JET
06-09-2007, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Boatcop;2611525]And this is relevant to what?
QUOTE]
The law?

YeLLowBoaT
06-09-2007, 08:35 PM
And this is relevant to what?
I presume this is a comparison to the Paris Hilton deal.
Hilton wasn't just driving on a Suspended License. She was in violation of court imposed probation, following a plea from a DUI offense. She also showed up late to her court hearing.
Driving on a suspended license for DUI always carries a more severe penalty than one for a traffic ticket.
what he said, showing disrepect to the court( or judge) will always be delt with more harshly then the crime itself. Showing up late and struting into the courtroom is like slaping the judge in the face, they are going to make you pay for it. I won't even get into the fact that he broke a "deal" she had...

CARLSON-JET
06-09-2007, 08:55 PM
I have had my share of driving on suspended in Cali. The fine for that starts at 700+ if I remember correctly, add in no insurance and it gets better. Add in an accident and it goes higher.. That was prior to 1995 $186 is a joke.. something isn't right
Cali has a 3 strike law on driving while suspended. 1st time they impound the veh.. 2nd they impound for 30 days.. 3 time they keep it, and you are now a habitual offender. I moved before number 3 after they enacted the new laws back then. Although I never was cited with a DUI. All my crap started with a no front license plate infraction. I always maintained insurance.

redneckcharlie
06-10-2007, 09:28 AM
There is a huge difference between, not being able to show current insurance, and not having insurance. There are not many people around that haven't at one time or another had to contact their insurance agent to get a correct current card. My State Farm Agent always forgets to send me current cards on a regular basis. In my state, NM, the DMV shows whether you have current insurance or not, but you will still get a ticket for not having the current card in your vehicle. Not sure how Ca does there system.

zudnic
06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
The news keeps forgets to mention that part of her probation was attend classes for drug and alcohol. She blew off that part and treated the suspension as seperate from the rest and drove after 90days believing that your license becomes clear auto after the listed day's.
Yes, they are harder on DUI related suspensions, she however made the assumption lots of people make. That is after 90 days I can drive and the other conditions are seperate. Nope most places you have to go DMV and provide proof court requirements are met. Side note I'm getting that off a WA Department of Licensing notice sent to me recently; its my notice that say's the court has notified us you failed to respond, appear, pay, or comply with the terms of the citation listed below. Long story it's under appeal because in this one I'm above the law! :D
I'm not a lawyer, but have enough experience in traffic court, Judges have asked if I was. Bet that her lawyers told her how this works and when they got to court the Judge decided to use her as an example. She chose a wrong tactic, her fame and media contacts to point out her unfair treatment by the court. The Judge is in a Pissing contest showing he is God and has all the power. People never get sentanced for this, if they did the jails would be way over crowded.
Late in court. If she was normal as in a non-celeb doubt she would be late. Besides usely they lump all the cases in one session, normal people usely have other cases go before them and if your late, they just shuffle you to the bottom and call another case, your fine until the session ends. Again the Judge was a little bit of an A-hole, should be a little understanding that she has to go through a sea of reporters and other gawkers.

zudnic
06-10-2007, 10:25 AM
All my crap started with a no front license plate infraction..
Mine started with putting a Sheriff Deputy in her place. C word was used and every time her fellow morons see my car or have one tiny thread to ticket me they do. After court and winning blasted another deputy with extreme arrogance, Paris is an amatuer. The current involves a no-front plate infraction..............

Kokopelli
06-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Cali has a 3 strike law on driving while suspended. 1st time they impound the veh.. 2nd they impound for 30 days.. 3 time they keep it, and you are now a habitual offender.
Not entirely true. First time driving while suspended would be 30 day impound for our Dept., second time we would keep the car if a Stipulated Release was on file. Of course, this is separate from what the court does....

Beer-30
06-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Repeat Offender!

zudnic
06-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Should ad I'm only anti-Police in regards to the ones in my local area. Most places that I've dealt with Police those guys have been very fair. One even let my passenger take over driving and did not cite for driving while suspended awhile back........
The Women deputy let some people go without getting their names, etc. Caught them dumping yard waste on my orchard property. If their waste had bugs or disease could have caused damage to my orchard, my chemical pesticide bills without disease and added bugs is bad enough. She refused to charge them and even write a report, brushed it off. Even threatned to arrest me for pushing the issue that I want to make them pay to clean my property! A week latter while turning into my property one of my orchard workers got rear ended. Same deputy was handling this accident and again was being extremely racist, questioning the guy's wife, threatning to arrest her for trying to ask the fire/ambulance crew where they are taking her husband. Cop even demanded she the accident victim had to phone a tow truck to get the car out of here, etc. The car was a company vehicle and it was parked on my property. After we left this Deputy wrote it up as an abandoned vehicle and a tow company seized it as such. Her attitude led me to use the C word. After that the real fun began. They even charged me with acting as a fruit broker without a license twice. I as a fruit processor are excempted from having to be licensed. The Cop on the first one after I won said in the hall: "dont worry I'll get you eventually". I missed the court date for the second and was found guilty. So I'm pursuing them in federal court..............
My car is legally licensed out of state and is excempt from most non-moving traffic offenses.....Despite this I got a ticket for it, won in court, as well as getting 2 tickets for 4mph over tossed.

centerhill condor
06-10-2007, 01:28 PM
its all about who you know. We had a Judge in Nashville "harrington" I believe...she fixed her own tickets. No judicial review just got unseated.
You get the gov't you deserve. Vote for crooks and liars get crooks and liars.
We've got state sentator Harold Ford convicted on Federal charges 'cause our state and local DA didn't have the moral character required to do the job...why have them if they can't do the job when it really matters!
this is what leads to the fall of law and order!

havabeer
06-10-2007, 01:33 PM
ms.hilton did not show up to court late....she didnt show up at all..... until the actual probation violation hearing where she testified...she gets what she deserves....

BadKachina
06-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Lock the wife and Paris up in the same cell...............:idea:
That's a win win for the d/a (husband).;)

06-10-2007, 03:33 PM
who cares princess is in jail where she belongs