PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin hotel advice....

SweetPea
06-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I want to find a hotel, other than the Riverside, that has secure parking for da boats. Please give me some pro's and con's on the hotels if you have any. I've stayed at River Palms and Harrah's several years ago, but not sure if they have secure parking?!

3 daytona`s
06-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I want to find a hotel, other than the Riverside, that has secure parking for da boats. Please give me some pro's and con's on the hotels if you have any. I've stayed at River Palms and Harrah's several years ago, but not sure if they have secure parking?!
:)

badboatdude4u
06-10-2007, 10:21 PM
The Ramada, has sercurity that is in the parking lots 24/7 driving aring watching things, I have never had a problem there, and have stayed there many times!:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Last time I stayed at Harrahs they had a pay lot (across the street) with 24 hour guard.
I prefer the Riverside. I get a parking lot view room in the upriver tower and park within eye shot of my rig. I use their ramp too and enjoy watching amateur hour there (launch ramp) when I'm done boating.
Lake mohave can be a cool place to go too but get on the water early and leave early. :)

v-drive
06-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Hey SweetPea, I like your avatar..
:D :) ;) :cool: :coffeycup v-drive

BA Kurtis
06-11-2007, 04:16 AM
That is a cool aviator, lets see some pics of the rest of it ,is it done?? I stayed at the River Palms about a month ago good price but the rooms are real bad (dirty and run down), good luck:D

RitcheyRch
06-11-2007, 05:21 AM
That's where we stay as well.
The Ramada, has sercurity that is in the parking lots 24/7 driving aring watching things, I have never had a problem there, and have stayed there many times!:D

BrendellaJet
06-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Harrahs. Nice clean rooms, private beach on the water. You can drive down to the Riverside and use their launch. Plus Harrahs has the "Price is right" slots!

Mr. V-Driver
06-11-2007, 09:15 AM
The Flamingo, they have bike patrol and also chain you in. Never had a Problem there ever!

v-drive
06-12-2007, 02:01 AM
That is a cool aviator, lets see some pics of the rest of it ,is it done?? I stayed at the River Palms about a month ago good price but the rooms are real bad (dirty and run down), good luck:D
Hey Dan what's going on. Jess picked the boat up from Craigs Wednesday.
he took it upon himself to find out how Al Lavey wrote Laveycraft, Jess and all of us for that matter were blown away. We are on track for the first week in July, we Will try to get some pictures this weekend....Ben

BA Kurtis
06-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Very cool Ben, we are going to Parker the 7th and 8th of July come on down we would love to spend a weekend with you guy's

superdave013
06-12-2007, 05:57 AM
none of then have ture secure parking.
It just blows me away that people leave their boats out there when they are in the hotels.
JUST ASKING TO GET YOUR BOAT STOLEN!!

Roaddogg 4040
06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe I should park my Motor Home there... It hasn't sold yet.:D :D :D
Steve

SweetPea
06-12-2007, 08:23 PM
none of then have ture secure parking.
It just blows me away that people leave their boats out there when they are in the hotels.
JUST ASKING TO GET YOUR BOAT STOLEN!!
I've read that some have "secure parking" with a security dude 24/7. No good?

BrendellaJet
06-12-2007, 10:33 PM
You'll be fine. What are you gonna do, not go to laughlin cuz your boat "might" get ripped off? Make sure you dont drive to the store cuz your car could get stolen too. Better yet, just call in sick to work cuz you be afraid that the sky is gonna hit you on the head.
Keep a good lock on the trailer, get a locking pin for the receiver and while you are at it have the ball welded to the receiver. If the boat is insurable get it(your auto policy may cover it while in tow...)
If you are that worried about it get lojack for the boat...Im considering it...

BrendellaJet
06-12-2007, 10:35 PM
I've read that some have "secure parking" with a security dude 24/7. No good?
Oh yeah. Most if not all have "patrolled" parking lots. Better than nothing but very likely not gonna stop a theft but could probably stop some vandalism. If you guys want to head out there with us we can take turns sitting in the boat to make sure nobody ganks our shiat.
If someone wants your shit bad enough they are going to take it, plain and simple.

watergun4u
06-12-2007, 10:43 PM
That's where we stay as well.
man i know that boat from somewhere, are you the original owner, or did you buy it from a hawiain guy, I think that i redid the tramsom in that boat amoung other things! did you ever take it to John's marine service, or, galxie boat center on solodad cyn rd?:D

v-drive
06-13-2007, 01:14 AM
You'll be fine. What are you gonna do, not go to laughlin cuz your boat "might" get ripped off? Make sure you dont drive to the store cuz your car could get stolen too. Better yet, just call in sick to work cuz you be afraid that the sky is gonna hit you on the head.
Keep a good lock on the trailer, get a locking pin for the receiver and while you are at it have the ball welded to the receiver. If the boat is insurable get it(your auto policy may cover it while in tow...)
Call Terheggen&Malone insurance.562-496-2444. They will insure your boat, just keep in mind that it will be a fortune if you insure it for what you have in it. They insured Dan's Kurtis....pop

BA Kurtis
06-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Call Terheggen&Malone insurance.562-496-2444. They will insure your boat, just keep in mind that it will be a fortune if you insure it for what you have in it. They insured Dan's Kurtis....pop
Yes I did get the Kurtis insured threw them and at a very resonable rate, BUT I would still not take the chance in a hotel parking lot security or not.

superdave013
06-13-2007, 06:46 AM
I've heard of a few people that prayed on the boats in those parking lots. One even had an injection mold done to make see doo hin tags. He'd take your boat and truck and was slick enough to do it right in front of security. That same guy used to look at my flatbottom and tell me he'd have it cut up before I woke up. What a guy hu? Of course it was a great day when he ended up in prision.
I stayed at the Bluewater once and couldn't take it. Ended up sleeping in my truck out in the parking lot. security didn't seem to notice I was even there either. lol But I admit I've been ripped off enough so I'm not the most trusting soul anymore. Speaking of that my wife's burb got broken into at the gym last Saturday. :mad:
As far as comparing a hand bulit pride and joy getting stolen to a car all I can say is yeah right. I've had a truck stolen. Yeah it was a bummer but I got another one just like it. Ask BA Kurtis what he went through to replace his flatbottom.

BrendellaJet
06-14-2007, 07:45 AM
damn, now you have me thinking that I need to pull my wheels & tires off the trailer and put it on blocks so nobody can steal it. :idea:

SweetPea
06-14-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm still gonna take the lavey out, but i'm worried about the engine. we have a lock on the trailer, not worried about that. I don't want some dick coming by and pulling shit off my engine, better yet, taking a chain saw and ripping right through the hull to steal my beautifully polished engine (thanks to V-Drive's horror story!!!) Oh-yeah you like my terms... I'm learning

mdunn01
06-14-2007, 08:47 AM
The Ramada express, I have stayed there 3 times now and everytime they have GOOD security guards in the parking lot and I have always felt good about leaving my boat and things there. Just go there!

SweetPea
06-14-2007, 08:47 AM
I've heard of a few people that prayed on the boats in those parking lots. One even had an injection mold done to make see doo hin tags. He'd take your boat and truck and was slick enough to do it right in front of security. That same guy used to look at my flatbottom and tell me he'd have it cut up before I woke up. What a guy hu? Of course it was a great day when he ended up in prision.
I stayed at the Bluewater once and couldn't take it. Ended up sleeping in my truck out in the parking lot. security didn't seem to notice I was even there either. lol But I admit I've been ripped off enough so I'm not the most trusting soul anymore. Speaking of that my wife's burb got broken into at the gym last Saturday. :mad:
As far as comparing a hand bulit pride and joy getting stolen to a car all I can say is yeah right. I've had a truck stolen. Yeah it was a bummer but I got another one just like it. Ask BA Kurtis what he went through to replace his flatbottom.
It really makes me hate people....why take something that isn't yours?! Jerks!! I heard about Dan's story and man i don't know what i'd do, i'd end up in jail. Those $%#&ers ruin it for all of us!!!

Outnumbered
06-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Ramada...ask for a remodeled room. They are pretty nice and are in progess of doing the whole place. Parking is good and Pasaggio (sp) has pretty good Italian food.
Harrahs used to be good but is a total dump now. Last few times we were there it was progressively worse.

Propster
06-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I have stayed at the River Palms a few times with the boat and with the bikes in a trailer. Parked on top of their parking garage next the hotel. I never had a problem.

HALLETT BOY
06-14-2007, 10:29 AM
The Ramada express, I have stayed there 3 times now and everytime they have GOOD security guards in the parking lot and I have always felt good about leaving my boat and things there. Just go there!
This has been brought up numerous times...I was told at the Ramada by security
to "park right here , next to my security truck, I'll keep an eye all night for you "
get up in the morning and all my stereo amps are jacked, plus the damage they did getting to them ! Point is, do not leave anything in the boat you don't want stolen...I now go out at night a couple times with a baseball bat...I have a hard
time sleeping...

pw_Tony
06-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Stayed at the riverside before and left some coolers in the back of my buddy's lifted ass silverado. Long and behold they were gone the next day. So to make sure all my shit was safe I just moved to Bullhead:D

SweetPea
06-15-2007, 08:49 AM
This has been brought up numerous times...I was told at the Ramada by security
to "park right here , next to my security truck, I'll keep an eye all night for you "
get up in the morning and all my stereo amps are jacked, plus the damage they did getting to them ! Point is, do not leave anything in the boat you don't want stolen...I now go out at night a couple times with a baseball bat...I have a hard
time sleeping...
wow! that really sucks! Thanks for the heads-up, i was considering Ramada! God damn people!

mdunn01
06-15-2007, 03:52 PM
wow! that really sucks! Thanks for the heads-up, i was considering Ramada! God damn people!
You know this is about as stupid as saying " will i get in a car accident down this rd or not"? Its hit and miss with people ripping you off, period. Unless you are chained to your vechicle with tooth picks holding your eyes open and you have a weapon at hand, you never know if anything is going to happen? Anyway, I just feel better at the Ramada more than any other place. I havent had a problem yet, knock on wood. If they want to crawl all the way up into my bow of my little COLE, i hope they cut themselves on the dash on their back trying to get in there, they deserve anything if they do it.
Mike

v-drive
06-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Well Jess, being as we decided we can't have the little boat ready by then you won't have to worry. I hate for you guys to miss out on the fun so we need to get Rob and you versed on the eliminator. My only fear is that after driving a cruise ship you will want to keep it.
:D :coffeycup :coffeycup v-drive

SweetPea
06-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Well Jess, being as we decided we can't have the little boat ready by then you won't have to worry. I hate for you guys to miss out on the fun so we need to get Rob and you versed on the eliminator. My only fear is that after driving a cruise ship you will want to keep it.
:D :coffeycup :coffeycup v-drive
We want to work HARD-er.... I know there is only so much we can do each day and waiting for parts and all that stuff..... BUT.... we must... not .... give up!!!!! The Wampas 2 doesn't want to be a virgin ANYMORE (under my ownership). We are counting our coins tonight and gonna do some more shopping!!!
I'd be greatful taking the yacht out though!!!
Thanks Ben!!!