PDA

View Full Version : boost referencing a carb pics??

IMPATIENT 1
06-11-2007, 05:55 AM
does anyone have pics of how they boost referenced their carbs or know a good carb shop who can rebuild and boost reference mine cheap and with fast turn around?? i've already got the carb kits, pv plugs, and the jets and frt. pv i plan on starting out with. i've researched old threads and some say the holly mod to boost reference is for vaccuum secondaries instead of 4150 750's.
if anyone has a carb shop in mind that can do it fast and cheap(need em back by mid next week), i'll just ship em off today or tues.. mine need tlc and i'd rather send them for overhaul and boost referencing plus have them coated to look new, then rebuild them myself and have ugly carbs.
the pics and info i'm finding on boost referencing is vage and some say drill into the p/v housing, some say do it thru the baseplate. any help would be appreciated!!! i'm ready to get on the lake:D

KNOT-RIGHT
06-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Heres one I did a while back on Demons
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58893
Do the base plate.
Beleave me if I can do it anyone can.
Gerry

Heatseeker
06-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Contact timinator on the board. He recently wrote an article for the magazine with pretty detailed instructions on how to get referencing done. He can point you in the right direction.

IMPATIENT 1
06-11-2007, 07:04 AM
they need to be recoated to look decent, if i rebuild em , i'll have to paint em.
cool pics knot rite, a holley is different though from what i'm hearing. just can't find any info on doin it to holleys:(

TIMINATOR
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
We also powder coat too. TIMINATOR