PDA

View Full Version : Dragged the Stevens home last night

roostwear
06-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Took the Stevens out yesterday thinking there would be less traffic on the river..... wrong. Had the 4 of us, the chairs and the cooler in it and dropped the plates 1 turn to bring the bow down. You'd think there's no way the pump would unload. I was wrong again. Unloaded easier than before in mild chop, but I may have found one reason for a water leak. When I did the final assembly, I just hand tightened the hold down nuts on the handhole cover. :messedup: I couldn't really get on it on the way back to Harry's, since the boys were in the back "seat" and didn't enjoy riding backwards in a half seat that high in the boat.
Anyhow, it's back to fix a leaking rear main seal, so the FE is coming out again. OH, and maybe add some billet rocker shaft end stands... and put the unilite in it... and put the teak side steps on... and......:jawdrop:

wsuwrhr
06-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Ever heard of a checklist?
Handhole cover loose?
Come on Roost.....
Brian

roostwear
06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I was really surprised that after assembling a bare hull, I only had 2 loose nuts. Well, that and 1 screw loose ;) Sure was a pisser that the rear main leaks, but it's a FE.... not like it's unheard of. Oh well, makes it easier to change the oil (really reaching for the silver lining)

IMPATIENT 1
06-11-2007, 09:38 AM
roost, when are we gonna see some pics of it on the water???
my tx-19 project is near complete, i'm taking it out on fathers days and see what a fresh pump and a new blower motor will do:D

roostwear
06-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Oddly enough, I think there's only one or two shots of it under way. Maybe everyone was so surprised it actually FLOATED, they forgot to get a picture of it. I'll look thru the pics of Moabi and see if there's anything there.