PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia IS the Winner

CircleJerk
06-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Yup, Tastin Racin was GREAT with our Outlaws running for the first time in the Nostalgia (INboard) endurance APBA class. APBA Chairman Mr Jim Codling was very cordual, polite, informative, and smiling broadly when our 8 boats hit the water and fit the class rules. On Sunday a blanket style side by side competition erupted with the four fast guys leading the less prepared boats to a barn burner with the crowd on their feet in approval. Huge mile 1/4 Unlimited course was also a first and only one had mechanical difficulties (the fastest Hondo). Nordling L boats were consistant but very conservative drivin skill always landed them in the top three. Mr. Barron Sprint SS79 who ran pro stock last year at Black Lake and matched Mr. Rankins PS/SS80 steed had an incredible dual with the red Hondo #71 driven by Animal Stevie. Each driver were caught grinning at each other in turn one as they led the field side by side for six corners and photo finished. The Hondo won but was DQed for improper scoring up for lane one. Sunday's sunshine saw 79.5 mph but the exciting heat pleased everyone including the officials and the event promoter.
The Seattle Pro Stocks borrowed one of our guys to make a four boat heat and then on Sunday had to join our guys for an 8 boat shoot out with the supposedly 'Pro Stocks one old Hondo' fighting to stay on the same lap! One PS standout, Mr. Baker did not return to defend on Sunday so their rep was the formitable SS42 Silver Jones formerly owned by the late Doug Jancura and his new owner-driver did the incredible as a rookie passing boats on the outside for his single heat win.
Unnfortunately my boat did not survive the tow over on its new trailer and I could not procure the neccessary parts to get it fixed and launched safely. Great win for Nostalgia!!! We're finally accepted after 6 years as Outlaws! Thank you all! We are simply happy grease monkeys with a flat in our garage and now racing to the astonishment of lots of spectators. What, racing with a speed limit??? Who would have thought......Of course our gear prop combination kept their foot off the floor, or some of them!
Now, get ready for this next weekend. next Racers Reunion, see the movie at www.sunbanksresort.com Anyone with a boat or interest is invited, Golf, Cantina, Grand Coulee Dam, Street Rod Run, Boat race, and of course tailgate parties all around! Long live Nostalgia flat racing! JeRKout

RaysonKid
06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Congrats CJ.
Thought for sure the weather was going to muck things up.

stickmann
06-11-2007, 06:04 PM
It was great to finally meet you Boyd.

GofastRacer
06-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Congrats Boyd, sounds like it was a good time for sure!..

FlatRat
06-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Jerk,
sorry ya didn't get to run Greaser but it sounds like a great turnout and wholelota fun.When is the next race after Banks?If all goes well we may be able to finally get the Howard in the water this weekend to shake it down.:D

CircleJerk
06-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Kevin, great meeting you and your memory of the good old days is quite sharp and interesting... Banks Lake? I know, the cost of travel really sucks, my expenses as a spectator were high for tastin but worth it. You are truley one of the good guys from the Blue side of Wa Wa.
Timmie, as stobe light calls you, had hoped you could make Banks, heck I am down with a back muscle strain,,,didint know I had one of those! I might not have the boat there but Bill is supposed to help this Thurs repairing 'Greaser'. This could be the last Banks event. I have a tent site for you!

CircleJerk
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Congrats Boyd, sounds like it was a good time for sure!..
Well its not Burley, but the food was way better! and it was only a 5 hour drive! Cant say enough for our Nostie Family, I feel real blessed!