PDA

View Full Version : NJBA @ Lake Ming June 16 & 17 2007

Willis
06-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Hello People.
Just wanted to say are there any new racers?

Lot Lizard
06-12-2007, 08:04 AM
It sure seems that Busby guy has ruined NJBA. People can make all the excuses they want, but the boat count sure tells the truth. There will be lucky to be 38 boats this race.
Its a sad thing.
LL

FuelInMyVeins82
06-12-2007, 08:21 AM
So if you think you can do a better job why don't you run for the position instead of slandering people who are actually trying. BTW how the hell does a comment like that help the boat count anyways??

Willis
06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
June 12, 2007
Hello People,
Just wanted to say if your comment is not positive or can contribute to furthering the sport, please keep them to yourself.
As a NJBA Official, personally I think all who work the race site and all those who work off site to make the NJBA a safe place to compete should be applauded.
No one in the NJBA is receiving a paycheck to work endlessly at the task required to record, verify and correct mistakes.

steelcomp
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
It sure seems that Busby guy has ruined NJBA. People can make all the excuses they want, but the boat count sure tells the truth. There will be lucky to be 38 boats this race.
Its a sad thing.
LLNice. :notam: Hiding behind a fake screen name, and trashing somoene. There are several other things taking place this weekend that might steer some racers away. You have a problem with Brian, take it up with him.

BUSBY
06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Its a sad thing.
LL
I'm glad you're here to support myself and all of the NJBA members and/or staff that puts on our races ... oh wait ... you're not, you're here behind a screen name taking cheap shots.
At least I have the balls to sign in under my own name and can take the cheap shots. If you would like to speak to me about the failures I am being accused of and how you suggest to improve the boat count, please feel free to give me a call at (949) 678-3650.
Or better yet, feel free to find me this race and I will gather up all of the others who are working the event to listen to your opinion & how sad you are. I'm sure that they will be interested in what you have to say.
I guess Charlie is to blame for IHBA's declining boat count as well since he took over. I'm sure that he'll be happy to hear from you as well.
As I've said to others in the past ... if you think you can do a better job, please step up to the plate ...
I'll be here waiting for your phone call and feel free to attend our next board meeting with any and all suggestions ... I'm sure the other board members would be happy to speak with you about your ideas.
Brian Busby
(not hiding behind a screen name)

BUSBY
06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Nice. :notam: Hiding behind a fake screen name, and trashing somoene.
Exactly :rolleyes:
There are several other things taking place this weekend that might steer some racers away.
Like Camp Far West or Father's Day in general ...
You have a problem with Brian, take it up with him.
He won't ... just like a lot of others before him ... being trashed goes with the position ... Don Jones delt with it for years before me, and whoever is next in line will have to deal with it for years to come ... it's a never ending battle.

77charger
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I hear that blowngasjet is ready to take the win in the 10sec class.He doesnt plan on sleeping on the rope or wide awake and leaving early.:D

Willis
06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Does that mean the female driver from billet racing will not run?:idea:

billet racing 1
06-12-2007, 05:54 PM
First off, nothing but good things about the NJBA leadership. Hip Hip Hooray
Second, Looks like Debbie will not make it to Ming this weekend. We had an oil issue at Havasu this last week, and toasted the turbos. On short notice, may have to put her back together with the old single carb set up, but with only 8-1 compression, I will have to run the nitrious to stay in the bracket. If I can have everything ready by Friday, we may still make it. But I didn't send in my money, because I have my doubts. Hate to lose out on the points. With a low boat count, Debbie has a better chance of gaining on the leaders. If we had a spare, or a volunteer boat, she would drive still. She is bummed. She suggested she take the hydro, or at least take that motor and put into the Eliminator..
Best of luck to all who are there.
And no trash talking about the orginaization.
Jerry

cyclone
06-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Its a sad thing.
LL
Since you are talking smack about the guy who is no longer the president of the njba you might want to get your facts straight the next time you feel inclined to log in under a different name. If you really do care about the state of the njba and the number of boats racing under its banner, then feel free to visit the website (www.njbaracing.net) and contact any board member from there so that you can find out when the next meeting is. Please come to a meeting and then you can talk all the smack you want to the people that are actually in charge. The folks here really don't seem to care much for you misguided and uninformed opinion. thanks and have a nice day.

Cs19
06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
So we have a new racer this weekend. Fuelinmyveins is racing his Rogers, it should be a runner.

FuelInMyVeins82
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
oh come on every one knows red boats are slow. :D

Cs19
06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
oh come on every one knows red boats are slow. :D
your right check out that RED dragon pile

blue wonder
06-12-2007, 09:56 PM
well to add to the positive aspect of this thread i would like to thank you brian busby for helping me get going with njba and helping me get my racing career started...you have been a great help to me and im sure a lot of other racers...once again i apreciate your help and think you and the entire njba organization is doing a great job!!!!!!!!!...i couldnt be happier with the way things are ran!!!!!!

BUSBY
06-12-2007, 09:56 PM
So we have a new racer this weekend. Fuelinmyveins is racing his Rogers, it should be a runner.
glad to see Jordan makin it out to the rope!

BUSBY
06-12-2007, 10:06 PM
well to add to the positive aspect of this thread i would like to thank you brian busby for helping me get going with njba and helping me get my racing career started...you have been a great help to me and im sure a lot of other racers...once again i apreciate your help and think you and the entire njba organization is doing a great job!!!!!!!!!...i couldnt be happier with the way things are ran!!!!!!
Yeah, yeah, yeah ...
and no ... you cannot have a free safety pass for that one ...
just kidding ... it's been great watching you and your learning curve. Great first year out, you have an awesome start, keep it up!
See you this weekend? Tell Vic I'm gonna be hungry for those omlets (sp?)
:D

Cs19
06-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Brian, when will you be at the track? Friday?

luv2race
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Its a sad thing.
LL
I love listen to butt heads that have no clue, They don't even have an Idea what it takes to put on a race.
The people running the NJBA races now are doing a hell of a job. low boat count has nothing to do with them. I've been in their shoes and sad to say, it's a thankless job. But hey If you are at the race course stop by. I need a good laugh.
Lizard- Silence is Golden.........

RIVERTIME247
06-13-2007, 05:46 AM
hope to make it out sometime to race in the river class!
my hat is off to everyone involved ! keep up the good work busby dont let some d!ckhead ruin your day.
goodluck to cs19, cyclone, fuelinmyviens man i love this site its goodtimes!
see you at the river

JR131
06-13-2007, 06:21 AM
luv 2 race has the right attitude, lot lizard come on out to the 313 pit and we will give you a little schooling on what it takes to put on a race and all the wonderful praise & help you get to set up and tear down the race track so just come on out and help you piece of sh*t
sincerely
jr

BUSBY
06-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Brian, when will you be at the track? Friday?
I'll be there Thursday night ... when you rollin out? We might have to hit up the local watering hole :D

BUSBY
06-13-2007, 08:03 AM
luv 2 race has the right attitude, lot lizard come on out to the 313 pit and we will give you a little schooling on what it takes to put on a race and all the wonderful praise & help you get to set up and tear down the race track so just come on out and help you piece of sh*t
sincerely
jr
Well put Jr ... make sure your friend brings the orange drink stuff again ... the wife loved it!
See you this weekend ... heard Nagore was coming out to run you guys!

FuelInMyVeins82
06-13-2007, 08:53 AM
I'll be there Thursday night ... when you rollin out? We might have to hit up the local watering hole :D
most likely Firday morning.

JR131
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
we will bring the TILT Beverages
hey can you rope off our pit dad wont be able to make it up on thurs
but he will be there on fri
thanks
jr

boat030
06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
I think it's probably not much of a secret that there is things the NJBA has done that I don't agreee with and I don't think there's anything wrong with airing those dissagreements but to go beyond that is unfair to the people that are actually VOLUNTEERING to do the work to just blatently bash somebody personally is not right

bp
06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Its a sad thing.
LL
that's nonsense. it would take a heckuva lot more than one person to "ruin" njba. heard the same thing about other people years ago, and the club is still there... boat counts oscillate; always have and always will.

BUSBY
06-13-2007, 01:17 PM
we will bring the TILT Beverages
hey can you rope off our pit dad wont be able to make it up on thurs
but he will be there on fri
thanks
jr
sure will ... see you Friday ...

Willis
06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
jr
Thanks for he hook up with embee
jeff and the whole crew there are just a fantastic group of people.

JR131
06-13-2007, 04:19 PM
any time,if you have any problems just let me know and we'll get it taken care
of come on by and have a bud select or a TILT if you can handle the 8.8%
beverage
see ya at the race
jr

blue wonder
06-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah ...
and no ... you cannot have a free safety pass for that one ...
just kidding ... it's been great watching you and your learning curve. Great first year out, you have an awesome start, keep it up!
See you this weekend? Tell Vic I'm gonna be hungry for those omlets (sp?)
:D
i will be there for sure...as for vic and the omlets...hes a no show....but i will be bringing plenty of entertainment though...danny and lee are my crew this weekend...and of course the old lady too!!!!

BUSBY
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
danny and lee are my crew this weekend
Oh no ... say it ain't so! Glad I have a hotel room and won't be stayin in the pits!
Ask Danny about putting a quarter in Tommy's crack ... he'll know what I am speaking of ... :D

djdtpr
06-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Ask Danny about putting a quarter in Tommy's crack ... he'll know what I am speaking of ... :D
I plea the fifth i dont know nothing! But at 2 in the am that was one long ride back to the motel. You know he used to tell me he was gonna get me one day for that. Some of the best times ever!

Cs19
06-13-2007, 10:02 PM
most likely Firday morning.
I seriously doubt that is going to happen at this rate. You will be lucky to make the drivers meeting on Sat morning, that pile was supposed to be ready TODAY.

BUSBY
06-14-2007, 06:14 AM
I plea the fifth i dont know nothing! But at 2 in the am that was one long ride back to the motel. You know he used to tell me he was gonna get me one day for that. Some of the best times ever!
I never saw him move so fast! Him coming after you with brake clean ... OMG ... LMFAO! :D
Late night, lots of beer, Frank Nagore's motor in pieces all over the place & a quarter in Tommy's crack .... cha ching! too fockin funny! :D :D :D
Good Times for sure!

BUSBY
06-14-2007, 06:16 AM
I seriously doubt that is going to happen at this rate. You will be lucky to make the drivers meeting on Sat morning, that pile was supposed to be ready TODAY.
are you guys gonna cut the cord this race since it's Jordan's boat? You can have my normal spot ... I'll be where redding video normally is.

blue wonder
06-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Oh no ... say it ain't so! Glad I have a hotel room and won't be stayin in the pits!
hell i dont have to ask him about it...i was the one that told him to do it!!!!!...the quarter thing is a yuma thing!!!!!

blue wonder
06-14-2007, 08:00 AM
hey busby...i just got my njba newsletter yesterday...didnt have time to fax an order...i need 5 gal of 112

BUSBY
06-14-2007, 08:13 AM
hey busby...i just got my njba newsletter yesterday...didnt have time to fax an order...i need 5 gal of 112
You have until 11am to get the fax in if you want the preorder price. Otherwise, I have to charge the trackside fee.

77charger
06-14-2007, 05:45 PM
It looks like i will be able to go and stay sat night.Hell even taking my bicycle
danny i will stop by and drink your beer too. :D
going to be taking camera too maybe the big printer while i am at it.

vdrivedenis
06-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks to the Officials at the NJBA. The first time I was there was by invitation to the Classic V Drive Club of America, where we were given the opportunity to run our boats on the liquid quarter mile in Septermber of 2001. As novices, we were treated with respect, and given many pointers and help by the Pros who took the time to point out things that we never thought of that could hurt us or could help us. The Staff cut us many breaks on the Tech Inspection side, and gave us the opportunity to get thing right so we could run. All questions were answered, and we received all of the help we asked for. New driver orientation was great, and we were pressed towards safety above all else. Since that time, myself and my crew have had the opportunity to get to know Busby, as well as many of the Board that makes this thing happen. As I have been on School Boards, President of many Associations, and a Scout leader for almost 20 years, my hat goes off to these individuals that dedicate MANY hours to making this happen. Anyone that runs an association for any length of time knows that Membership and attendance goes up and down with economy, current popularity and conflicting dates. We are now one of the Pros, and believe me, we do all we can to promote the friendliness and standards demonstrated to us by the NJBA. We love to run at a place that when we arrive at the gate, we are greated by name and visited in the pits by many of the drivers. We all share parts when needed, and even support those we compete against-this is a family-you punch one of us, you punch all of us.
As in any association, we need numbers to survive. Support gets those numbers, not BS remarks. We look forward to doing future repairs on the Rescue Boat at our shop, so we can demonstrate our thanks and support to a great group. Bring a guest to the Drags!!
Denis Porter
034 "Butterfly"

pce680
06-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Move the Sept date.It is the same date as IHBA San Diego.There will be another low boat count at Ming.

cyclone
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
We can't just move the september race date. that is the date the county has given the njba to use lake ming that particular month.
unfortunately, its out of the club's hands. The club does not and did not deliberately schedule this race or any other on top of the IHBA schedule.

pce680
06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
We can't just move the september race date. that is the date the county has given the njba to use lake ming that particular month.
unfortunately, its out of the club's hands. The club does not and did not deliberately schedule this race or any other on top of the IHBA schedule.
The NOV date was moved to not conflict with the World Finals.I assume that is why it was moved.
Also the San Diego race has been the same weekend for 41 years,even when the NJBA was invited to run their for 2 or 3 years in a row.

Willis
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Ron,
When is the new hydro going to run?

77charger
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
ron you can run one boat at bako the other at san diego.:D

BUSBY
06-21-2007, 07:00 PM
The NOV date was moved to not conflict with the World Finals.I assume that is why it was moved.
Also the San Diego race has been the same weekend for 41 years,even when the NJBA was invited to run their for 2 or 3 years in a row.
The November date was not moved. Period. We asked for the date and no one is using the lake during November like they are during September.
During the first 2 years that San Diego was run, we (NJBA) were the club that ran that date. Prior to that, as you know, NJBA has always ran that date as well ... but there was no San Diego drag boat race. As soon as we went back to Ming ... Kern County gave us our normal date of the 3rd weekend in September back.
This is a never ending question and answer ... you and I have spoken about it before. NJBA only has 6 members that I can count that run both, yourself not included as you don't run with us anymore.
As Mike (cyclone) stated, we CANNOT move the date. Period. We tried this year to comply w/ everyones request (Photographers, Drag Boat Review, some racers, etc.) and Kern County still gave us that weekend. We look at other schedules in September/October for the following year's season and try to dodge the known dates ... but the county has the final say.
Sorry, but this "move the date NJBA" conversation tires me.

pce680
06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
The November date was not moved. Period. We asked for the date and no one is using the lake during November like they are during September.
During the first 2 years that San Diego was run, we (NJBA) were the club that ran that date. Prior to that, as you know, NJBA has always ran that date as well ... but there was no San Diego drag boat race. As soon as we went back to Ming ... Kern County gave us our normal date of the 3rd weekend in September back.
This is a never ending question and answer ... you and I have spoken about it before. NJBA only has 6 members that I can count that run both, yourself not included as you don't run with us anymore.
As Mike (cyclone) stated, we CANNOT move the date. Period. We tried this year to comply w/ everyones request (Photographers, Drag Boat Review, some racers, etc.) and Kern County still gave us that weekend. We look at other schedules in September/October for the following year's season and try to dodge the known dates ... but the county has the final say.
Sorry, but this "move the date NJBA" conversation tires me.
Mr Busby...The San Diego Bayfair Race has been on the same date for 41 years.Weather its IHBA drags or NJBA drags or no dragboats its still the same weekend in September.Everybody knows that.Also what happened to the third weekend in Nov like last year ?

pce680
06-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Ron,
When is the new hydro going to run?
At Marble Falls in August.If we hadn't lost Tommy,it would have been at the March Ming race.Ron

Cs19
06-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Move the Sept date.It is the same date as IHBA San Diego.There will be another low boat count at Ming.
:rolleyes:

El Prosecutor
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Pic from Lake Ming 6/20/07
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/Midlake_Crisis/MidlakeC.jpg
It's kinda nice at Ming when all those crazy drag racers aren't out there :D

BUSBY
06-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Mr Busby...The San Diego Bayfair Race has been on the same date for 41 years.Weather its IHBA drags or NJBA drags or no dragboats its still the same weekend in September.Everybody knows that.Also what happened to the third weekend in Nov like last year ?
I know that Ron ... but they didn't run the drag boats until 2000. At that point, they asked NJBA to come ... not IHBA. As you know, we did. NJBA chose that it was not what was best for the club. Therefore, we moved back to Ming and raced on the date in Sept. that has always been raced at Ming in September ... the 3rd weekend, same as San Diego. Not to mention that the water down there is unsafe for the faster boats.
Now, Charlie & IHBA picked up when we stepped away ... no biggie ... that's great. But we don't get effected that much by that. With the V-Drive Club, September is usually one of our largest turnouts, last year there were 91 boats (even though it was the same weekend as the IHBA event).
To say that the drags at Ming are effected by San Diego is incorrect, the numbers over the past 3-4 years show that.
And to your final question ... what happened to the 3rd weekend in November? I already stated that. We asked for the weekend before. We also asked for the second weekend of September ... reread my previous post ... I said we tried to avoid other events, San Diego included.
What is happening is that the concept is not being heard here ... Kern County tells NJBA when NJBA can use Lake Ming ... period. We ask for dates and they come back with a schedule of when we can and can't be there.
They open the lake for July and August as a day use lake ... no one can rent it until after Labor Day. The weekend we get, per Kern County, for this year is the 3rd weekend. Chances are ... it will be the same weekend next year. If you think you can change their mind ... I'll get you in touch with Joe Lakamp who speaks with the Parks & Rec department and you can go down with him to negotiate.
Thanks for your understanding.
Brian

pce680
06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I know that Ron ... but they didn't run the drag boats until 2000. At that point, they asked NJBA to come ... not IHBA. As you know, we did. NJBA chose that it was not what was best for the club. Therefore, we moved back to Ming and raced on the date in Sept. that has always been raced at Ming in September ... the 3rd weekend, same as San Diego. Not to mention that the water down there is unsafe for the faster boats.
Now, Charlie & IHBA picked up when we stepped away ... no biggie ... that's great. But we don't get effected that much by that. With the V-Drive Club, September is usually one of our largest turnouts, last year there were 91 boats (even though it was the same weekend as the IHBA event).
To say that the drags at Ming are effected by San Diego is incorrect, the numbers over the past 3-4 years show that.
And to your final question ... what happened to the 3rd weekend in November? I already stated that. We asked for the weekend before. We also asked for the second weekend of September ... reread my previous post ... I said we tried to avoid other events, San Diego included.
What is happening is that the concept is not being heard here ... Kern County tells NJBA when NJBA can use Lake Ming ... period. We ask for dates and they come back with a schedule of when we can and can't be there.
They open the lake for July and August as a day use lake ... no one can rent it until after Labor Day. The weekend we get, per Kern County, for this year is the 3rd weekend. Chances are ... it will be the same weekend next year. If you think you can change their mind ... I'll get you in touch with Joe Lakamp who speaks with the Parks & Rec department and you can go down with him to negotiate.
Thanks for your understanding.
Brian
Brian...I won the 1998 IHBA San Diego race in PCE.The next year IHBA didn't go back because they wanted CF to run !/8 mile.
Also in 2004 and 2005 the NJBA race was a week after the IHBA/San Diego race.Alot of NJBA guys ran then including Lew Larson, Tony Garrett and Mike Torgenson.They all ran PCE.So the only date in Sept that is moving around is the NJBA date.I know that you can't control that.but maybe next year it can be different. Ron

BUSBY
06-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I know that you can't control that.but maybe next year it can be different. Ron
We will see what dates Kern County gives us and let everyone know. As I stated before, we asked for different dates than IHBA dates this year ... and we got what we got.