PDA

View Full Version : Auto Club of Southern California (AAA) Sponsors 2007 POPRA Race Series

kcooper
06-11-2007, 03:30 PM
We are pleased to announce that the Automobile Club of Southern California will be the series sponsor for the 2007 Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association (POPRA) race season. First stop being the Long Beach Power fest which will take place
July 19-22, 2007. The Auto Club has taken care of motorists and their vehicles for more than 100 years but theyÂ’ve also been quite involved with boating as the presenting sponsor of the Southern California Marine Association Boat Shows for the last 6 years. The Auto Club has also offered watercraft insurance for more than 20 years, and has recently expanded this program to include additional policy features and coverage options for boating enthusiasts.
http://www.aaa-calif.com/insurance/watercraft/index.aspx

don johnson
06-11-2007, 04:14 PM
We are pleased to announce that the Automobile Club of Southern California will be the series sponsor for the 2007 Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association (POPRA) race season. First stop being the Long Beach Power fest which will take place
July 19-22, 2007. The Auto Club has taken care of motorists and their vehicles for more than 100 years but theyÂ’ve also been quite involved with boating as the presenting sponsor of the Southern California Marine Association Boat Shows for the last 6 years. The Auto Club has also offered watercraft insurance for more than 20 years, and has recently expanded this program to include additional policy features and coverage options for boating enthusiasts.
http://www.aaa-calif.com/insurance/watercraft/index.aspx
As an Auto Club member I found it interesting that AAA is sponsoring POPRA an hi performance boating venue. I read your thread and noted that AAA is now offering insurance to the "boating enthusiast". So I called AAA and asked if they were interested in writing a policy on my hi performance boat and they said no way, nothing over 60 MPH, (give me a break as some Bayliners now exceed 60 MPH) So I find it ironic that AAA would sponsor a racing venue looking to market to, and attract, the hi performance boaters yet is not interested in their business... Kind of ironic and a waste of their marketing dollars...

Old school Ultra
06-11-2007, 05:04 PM
As a old AAA ICS (independent contract station)I cant understand how a non-profit company such as the AAA can spend so much money on commercials and sponsorships and refuse to pay there contract company fair rates.
Just a question???

boat boy
06-11-2007, 08:45 PM
As an Auto Club member I found it interesting that AAA is sponsoring POPRA an hi performance boating venue. I read your thread and noted that AAA is now offering insurance to the "boating enthusiast". So I called AAA and asked if they were interested in writing a policy on my hi performance boat and they said no way, nothing over 60 MPH, (give me a break as some Bayliners now exceed 60 MPH) So I find it ironic that AAA would sponsor a racing venue looking to market to, and attract, the hi performance boaters yet is not interested in their business... Kind of ironic and a waste of their marketing dollars...
As a policy owner and having the wife as an agent for the company, I find it funny that they don't change their policy and open up their limits.