PDA

View Full Version : tpr edge stealth

delirious
06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
looking for top end speed.running a short droop on it now.would a long droop air the hull some more. 1,000 hp blown

MudPumper
06-11-2007, 03:59 PM
How fast does it run now?

Nucking futs
06-11-2007, 04:07 PM
What intake do you have in it? How far above the keel it the nozzle?

delirious
06-11-2007, 04:13 PM
ran 117 on gps

Nucking futs
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
ran 117 on gps
Ummm, Thats Hauling ASS !!!!

delirious
06-11-2007, 04:22 PM
from kell 4.50 to bottom with short droop i was told it was a miersch intake

delirious
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
i was at KDBA drag boat race and lot of the tunnel boats ran the long droop

djdtpr
06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
We tried one on mine cause Tommy thought it would help with some other isues i was having but it slowed mine down. I am running a four degree intake though so they are totally different setups. Best ive seen out of mine is 124 on a gps at the river. I think it will definatly help lift the nose a little.That was one of the issues we were trying to get rid of on mine it carries the nose a tad high.

delirious
06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
i was hopeing to pick the hold boat up not the nose.maybe different wedge i have 200hp nos on it and ran 121 but trying to use just motor thanks

TRG
06-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Got any pics?
Would'nt a back cut shoe give a lil assend lift, i know maytag dave ran a back cut shoe and it made the boat lose adhesion and started to move all over the place.
he also had a short droop on it
I think my info is correct, not a 100% though!

Cs19
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Where is the bottom of the droop in relation to the ride plate? With the longer droop it may hang below the plate and that wont work. Most low profile setups like Miersch need a mini droop.

blue wonder
06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Where is the bottom of the droop in relation to the ride plate? With the longer droop it may hang below the plate and that wont work. Most low profile setups like Miersch need a mini droop.
cs is a 100% correct...i have a stealth also with an aggressor intake...which is the same as a meirch and with the long droop it ever so slightly is hanging below the ride plate...i still run it today but im not saying its the best thing...try it and see what happens...if you want to achieve the same lift as a long droop with a short one just use a wedge to get the same amount of
up....a back-cut shoe will also help with overall lift but be carefull...i was running a 1/2 degree taper and went to a 1 degree back-cut and the boat blew the tail about half track...wasnt pretty...might try a 1/2 degree first...thats what im going too.

TRG
06-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Dipshit here! i thought he was referring to a 21'
"Nothing to see here,...move along"!:rolleyes:

Cs19
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
i was running a 1/2 degree taper and went to a 1 degree back-cut and the boat blew the tail about half track
Going from taper to back cut will not cause overcharging or blowing the tail. You must have changed the biting edge depth or the opening size on the shoe.

djdtpr
06-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Going from taper to back cut will not cause overcharging or blowing the tail. You must have changed the biting edge depth or the opening size on the shoe.
Exactly what i said when he told me the other day but he said he didnt change anything at all and tryed it a couple times and got the same result.I know when i tried the three degree that you had on mine it just started scooting the back of the boat around alot but was a really cool feeling ride.

blue wonder
06-12-2007, 05:53 AM
nope...i made sure shoe depth and mouth opening were the same...it wasnt overcharge it was only at 40 lbs when it did it.

blue wonder
06-12-2007, 05:54 AM
we got video of it...no warning just all of a sudden blew the tail out of the water.

bp
06-12-2007, 06:04 AM
many years ago, when i first tried my 3 degree b/c shoe with the biting edge at the same depth as the 2 degree, the boat threw itself out of the water at 3/4 track (and almost out of the lane). but it was a lot quicker up to that point... :D . but data showed that it didn't blow the tail. i DID blow the tail a couple years ago at firebird a year and a half ago, which the data showed. blowing the tail was not much compared to the first one.
if you blow the tail, you lose forward momentum and the bow will tend to plant until suction is restored. as soon as it happens, you kind of know something isn't as it should be so you tend to back off.
i've run the 3 degree several times since then with no problems.

delirious
06-12-2007, 12:33 PM
what happen when you blow the tail and what makes it happen

bp
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM
what happen when you blow the tail and
what happens? bowl pressure (thrust) falls off to nothing, or next to nothing, while suction pressure is still rising.
what makes it happen
several things have to occur to make it happen. shoe too deep and/or too much loader at too much speed, results in too much (and rising) suction pressure, and excessive lift at the same time.
also, just because several factors might align doesn't mean the tail will blow. excessive lift just get's the boat very loose. the difference is, when bowl pressure falls off, it's like the brakes were hit, then released as bowl pressure comes back.
when i did it, i was told it looked ugly, but it didn't feel all that bad.