PDA

View Full Version : Susp License

dc96819
06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
A lady bumps my truck at a stoplight then reverses and pulls half her bumper off:jawdrop: Ok we exchange info then i get a letter from the DMV i need to report an accident over $500.,well i sent it back saying $12. at most for a new tow ball.Now my license is suspended. Did i miss something:confused: It wasent my fault and the $12. tow ball wasent replaced.

Kilrtoy
06-11-2007, 05:41 PM
It is 500 total to all involved parties, Not just yours. Go in and talk with them fill out the accident report form SR1 , show your insurance and you will be good to go

Biglue
06-11-2007, 05:49 PM
A lady bumps my truck at a stoplight then reverses and pulls half her bumper off:jawdrop: Ok we exchange info then i get a letter from the DMV i need to report an accident over $500.,well i sent it back saying $12. at most for a new tow ball.Now my license is suspended. Did i miss something:confused: It wasent my fault and the $12. tow ball wasent replaced.
LOL, I had somebody do that to me in my truck. Nailed his Civic into my ball and mount at a stoplight. He prolly hit me at around 10 MPH or so. His car was focked up and my truck was fine. I took a look at it and drove off. I told him it wasn't my problem and drove off. ( I still had dealer plates on). Had I not been in my buddy's mom's funeral and on the way to their house I probably would have stuck around. :mad:

TAYLOR21
06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
It is a total of $750.00 per accident. All you have to do is show proof of valid liab insurance to DMV.

brianthomas
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I found out the hard way that in some states you have to remove the ball mount when not in use. I was in Chicago and a car hit my ball and mount that I had failed to remove from the receiver after towing the day before. I was sitting still and a young girl pulled up too close and it easily went through her plastic grille and the ac and engine radiators. I thought nothing of it till the cops showed up and ticked me for improper equipment and MY insurance had to pay. I knew is was not right to leave the ball and mount on and I am usually quite interested in having the truck look good all the time but was in a hurry and just blew it off. Never again.

zudnic
06-11-2007, 06:07 PM
In Washington State the department of licensing could'nt do this kind of BS! :D
the Washington State Supreme Court ruled that the statutes requiring the DOL to suspend a person's license for failing to appear, respond, or comply with the terms of a notice of traffic infraction or traffic citation violated constitutional due process requirements, City of Redmond v. Moore, 151 Wn.2d 664 (2004) (Redmond).
In that case, the defendants were arrested for driving with license suspended in the third degree (DWLS 3). Their licenses were suspended based on the failure to appear, pay, or comply with traffic infractions. The defendants argued that the statutes violate due process requirements because there is no opportunity for a hearing with the DOL either before or after the suspension to correct possible ministerial errors, such as misidentification, that might occur when DOL processes information obtained from the courts. A driver's recourse, under the statutes, is to seek a court hearing. However, the Court in Redmond noted that such a judicial hearing to correct a clerical error would be burdensome, and the statutes do not guarantee that such a hearing would take place promptly.
In determining whether the statutes provided adequate due process, the Court weighed the state's interests and the burden on the state in providing procedures against the private interest affected, the risk of erroneous deprivation of that interest, and the probable value of procedural safeguards. The Court concluded that the benefit of ensuring against wrongly depriving a person of his or her driving privileges outweighed the burden on the state to provide for administrative reviews. Therefore, the Court held that the statutes violated a person's right to due process and are unconstitutional.
Because the defendants' licenses should not have been suspended due to the unconstitutionality of the statutes, the defendants' criminal charges for DWLS 3 were dismissed. As a result of Redmond, law enforcement agencies are no longer citing drivers for the misdemeanor crime of DWLS 3.
They have passed a new rule that for non-criminal infractions DOL must give you notice and the chance for review, ie due process before they take your significant property driver's license. Good arguement just in case you drive and get caught being under this BS..........

HitIt
06-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I found out the hard way that in some states you have to remove the ball mount when not in use.
Interesting. Anyone know if this in true in CA?

r erfert
06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by brianthomas
I found out the hard way that in some states you have to remove the ball mount when not in use. What state??
Interesting. Anyone know if this in true in CA?
One more safe guard for someone rearending you and the state makes a law prohibiting it?:rolleyes:
Just tell the officer you have a bigger problems Becuase there was a trailer on it last time you looked :idea:
Stupid regulations....But maybe in California?

3 daytona`s
06-11-2007, 09:07 PM
LOL, I had somebody do that to me in my truck. Nailed his Civic into my ball and mount at a stoplight. He prolly hit me at around 10 MPH or so. His car was focked up and my truck was fine. I took a look at it and drove off. I told him it wasn't my problem and drove off. ( I still had dealer plates on). Had I not been in my buddy's mom's funeral and on the way to their house I probably would have stuck around. :mad:
Is that leaving the scene of an accident?

HitIt
06-12-2007, 06:23 AM
One more safe guard for someone rearending you and the state makes a law prohibiting it?:rolleyes:
Ya, I leave mine on because when I park on the street outside my place, my neighbor thinks that when she parks behind me she should pull forward until she taps my bumper. I have talked to her about it but she continued to do it... well, at least until I left the hitch on. Then she only did it one more time... crunch :devil:

Biglue
06-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Is that leaving the scene of an accident?
Perty much. He did however rear end me as I was at a dead stop. Guess I'm just an asshole like that. :)

UltraStealth
06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
When you are in a fender bender like that, how are you supposed to know if the damage is more the $750? I'm sure in some instances you can tell. I would exchange info but if I didn't see much damage at the time of the accident, I would have someone just look it over. If there was no damage, then I wouldn't report it for the sake of the other persons insurance. I guess I will report everything now.

YeLLowBoaT
06-12-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I've been rearended more then any one else on HB( 8 times in 15 months). out of all of those they all did more then $750 in damage, I have only reported 3 of them. even the slightest bumb will put you over the limit in damage.

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I've been rearended more then any one else on HB( 8 times in 15 months). out of all of those they all did more then $750 in damage, I have only reported 3 of them. even the slightest bumb will put you over the limit in damage.
you gotta stop "brake checking" the people behind you!! If you want a new truck just go buy one!!
RD

racecar.hotshoe
06-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I've been rearended more then any one else on HB .
:eek: :D :D :D

YeLLowBoaT
06-12-2007, 11:21 AM
you gotta stop "brake checking" the people behind you!! If you want a new truck just go buy one!!
RD
kind of hard to brake check when your stoped at a red light...

455Rocket
06-12-2007, 11:30 AM
My hitch saved my truck when a plumber van smacked me at a red... the van got stuck, and after a good romp on the gas there were van parts everywhere :D Saved a lot of hassle when all i needed was a new bumper. Dumb a** shouldn't have hit me!

Propster
06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I just found that the Washington State House and Senate reversed the precident set by City of Redmond v. Moore case in HB 1854. I hate Washington.
In Washington State the department of licensing could'nt do this kind of BS! :D
They have passed a new rule that for non-criminal infractions DOL must give you notice and the chance for review, ie due process before they take your significant property driver's license. Good arguement just in case you drive and get caught being under this BS..........