PDA

View Full Version : Lots of boats for sale now!

BOBALOO
06-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I was just on Boattrader.com and usually there are about 120k boats for sale. There are 183k for sale at the moment.:eek: I have never seen it over 123k. I am pretty sure there are going to be a few good deals to be had this winter and I hope to be a boat owner next summer:D
Oh, yeah , they just revamped the look and the site is sloooooooooow!:(
BOB(glad I sold the boat already)ALOO:D
Anyone else shopping?

BDMar
06-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I came over for the BBQ Saturday..... no smoke from your back yard and couln't smell any Carne cooking.... so I left!:D

BOBALOO
06-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Matt had the bbq going at 2:00 am sat night, too bad you weren't at Katherines Landing with the rest of us drunks!:D

HitIt
06-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Bought a boat last week. Was thinking about waiting till everyone who bought a new home and/or refinanced to start feeling the pain of their interest only ARMs. I have a feeling the "toy" market (boats, cars, bikes, etc) is going to slide into a heavy buyers market in the next year or so.

BDMar
06-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Matt had the bbq going at 2:00 am sat night, too bad you weren't at Katherines Landing with the rest of us drunks!:D
I wanted to be there!! Worked on my boat all weekend trying to get it done for the 4th:D

Riverkid
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
is killing me...
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/3/88985243.htm
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/5411848/88985243_3.jpg
Whoever did the bimini should be shot, but the rest works rather nicely...

revndave
06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
That Schiada is pimp.I'll be buying a boat next year.:D

Kilrtoy
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
DAMN THOSE RIBS WERE AWESOME, oh wait that was on sunday afternoon....:D :D

shadow
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Just added my boat to the boat trader online a few minutes ago.;)

TCHB
06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
1. Fuel Prices UP
2. Loan rates UP
3. Home prices expensive
4. Taxes increasing
5. Dept ratio going way up
First to go will be the big toys.

shadow
06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
1. Fuel Prices UP
2. Loan rates UP
3. Home prices expensive
4. Taxes increasing
5. Dept ratio going way up
First to go will be the big toys.
None of the above for us we have had our boat for 5yrs and ready for something new,I should have sold it last season when everyone was spending thier free money from refi's.:D

TCHB
06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I know three guys all around 35 selling their boats and heading to the beach with family for weekends. The main reason is time limits and debt reduction. The amount of gas it takes alone can pay for a great weekend camping at the beach, let alone a boat and insurance payment.

zudnic
06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I got my Dad into jets, so shopping for him and while looking I've found some pretty good deals. A few are in the wow I'll kick myself for not buying it catagory.
Had a electric issue and was doing some elective work on the P-car. Just discovered how much that bill is going to be. Glad I have big bills or I'd have 4 boats today! :jawdrop:

shadow
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I know three guys all around 35 selling their boats and heading to the beach with family for weekends. The main reason is time limits and debt reduction. The amount of gas it takes alone can pay for a great weekend camping at the beach, let alone a boat and insurance payment.
Nothing wrong with camping at the beach!Can be as much fun or more than the lake.:)

TOBTEK
06-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Somepeople are just looking for something new all the time....... im already thinking PAST the new boat we are building;)

Invisible Sun
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Just took mine off boat trader as of last week.
S

No Name
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I’ll be putting mine up for sale and the end of this season.
I figure I’ll still be able to use it another year after that since that’s about how long it takes to sell a boat.:D

riverracerx
06-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I am boatless, but looking in another direction. Go RRX to see my public dilema on boat shopping. Wes, feel free to chime in. :D

RiverFF
06-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Been trying to sell mine for 6 months now, I thought it was a good price for a quick sale. In the boattrader, craigs list and HB. 23' Renegade...No Luck...

fatboy95
06-12-2007, 05:27 AM
You are right about the site being slow. I quit looking. Most of the boats posted are way overpriced. I have seen a Howard Bullet and a Cole 20 SS that have been posted for almost two years. Saw a 96 Cole skier that is really clean but the guy is asking $45k. Lot of boats are gawdy, underpowered and downright impractical for most buyers that have kids and hang with a lot of friends. I sometimes wonder what the perfect boat would be. May be an open bow, walk through, Howard Bullet.:idea:

justfloatn
06-12-2007, 06:00 AM
I know what a few of you are going through on selling. Trying to sell a performance boat is a pain. Better plan on a year to sell.
My hydro took allmost two years to sell. The malibu took four days on craigslist.

HitIt
06-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Saw a 96 Cole skier that is really clean but the guy is asking $45k.
Saw that boat too when I was looking. Looks show room clean but the guy is out of his mind if he thinks he is going to get near $45k for it. I wonder when the last time (if ever) he got a serious call was. At first I was wondering it it was a typo :idea:

fatboy95
06-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Saw that boat too when I was looking. Looks show room clean but the guy is out of his mind if he thinks he is going to get near $45k for it. I wonder when the last time (if ever) he got a serious call was. At first I was wondering it it was a typo
Not a typo. He wants to buy a new Malibu Wakesetter. I guess his wife thinks they can get $45k for the Cole and buy a new Malibu. He isn't too excited about selling the Cole. I told him I sold my 96 Superhawk for $24 which was just as clean as his skier. wished him luck.

HitIt
06-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Guess it is gonna be a while before they get the wakesetter.

andy01
06-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Yes the sky is falling! You should wait till next year, that is what everybody said last year "wait till next year" every year it is the same ole deal. Tire kickers are just that, tire kickers. Buyers will buy a boat today if they find the right boat, a asking price is just that......... keep on waiting........ My phone is ringing like crazy of people looking for specific boats.
Andy

HM
06-12-2007, 08:32 AM
is killing me...
Whoever did the bimini should be shot, but the rest works rather nicely...
I thought you were banned from owning v-drives?

Tequila-John
06-12-2007, 09:02 AM
glad mine sold last year

EmpirE231
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
the boat market is a wierd thing? being on the buying side... and just looking at it all things relevant (auto market, etc). it seems that alot of people don't think boats depreciate??
I know that in the last 3-4 years boats Appreciated (sp? meaning they went up in price:D ) if you bought your boat new in 2001... you could have sold it for more in 2004. and that was all because of the boom in the housing market, and all the available cash from people sucking out their equity, and buying tons of toys (demand went WAYYY up).
now it seems everything is going back to reality, and boats should be priced accordingly. don't get me wrong, it's awesome if you can sell your boat for what you got it for 3-4 years later, but I don't think that's gonna be happening quite as often anymore.
compare a performance boat to a luxury or performance car. buy a new S550 today, and then see what it sells for 4-5 years later... even if you didn't put many miles on it. you can expect a mojor drop... well over 50%. but people who bought their boats new for around 70-90 g's 5 years ago are still expecting to get low 70's maybe down into the mid 60's on their boat 3-5 years later. granted the price of new boats has gone up, but they're just that! NEW BOATS. you can't really compare to what it would cost to build new, because that would mean the Boat is NEW, 0 hours, nothing has been used, you got to pick your colors, etc. never been a drink spilled in or a seat farted on... BRAND NEW!!.
anywho... things priced right (good) are selling, and will continue to sell pretty quickly. things priced semi-fairl will sit on the market longer, and things priced ridiculously (trying to get what you paid for it) will sit even longer, but there's always that chance that someone will just love the boat and want it so bad they'll pay the price... and then it sells pretty quickly also :)
well... just my thoughts on what I think...
one quick example was when I was doing searches on boats... and there was an orion 25' cat for sale on this site (white with silver flames) and I believe the price was wayyy down in the lower 40's.. and this was in early 2006.. or maybe late 2005. but the most recent check up (about 4 months ago or so), they're boats were starting at like 70 I believe?
we'll see how it all goes down.... bust of luck to anyone selling. most boats on this site are sweet performance boats, and the market wasn't nearly as saturated with these boats 5 years ago, because people couldn't afford them. people used to rock 21' open bows and were pimpin :eek:

Eliminator 4 Life
06-12-2007, 10:08 AM
I have some smokin deals on some Nordics if anyone is intrested.

Froggystyle
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
one quick example was when I was doing searches on boats... and there was an orion 25' cat for sale on this site (white with silver flames) and I believe the price was wayyy down in the lower 40's.. and this was in early 2006.. or maybe late 2005. but the most recent check up (about 4 months ago or so), they're boats were starting at like 70 I believe?
They were just getting started in late '05. That boat had been sitting for a while, and was a demo boat. When you are just getting started, you cut the price of the boat to get them out there. I just sold a $170,000 boat for
$144K as a demo boat, and he is looking to sell it for $155K back in Indy and buy one with a 710 in it.
One of the nice things about being an early adopter is that you get to buy stuff at a great price. It may not be as refined as the later models, but you will make it up on the front end price reduction.
That boat should have been 70K the first year. That is what they cost to build and profit from. I have yet to turn a profit on a boat, and we are selling for a lot more than that...
Bottom line is, I wouldn't use that particular boat as an example.

shadow
06-12-2007, 11:09 AM
They were just getting started in late '05. That boat had been sitting for a while, and was a demo boat. When you are just getting started, you cut the price of the boat to get them out there. I just sold a $170,000 boat for
$144K as a demo boat, and he is looking to sell it for $155K back in Indy and buy one with a 710 in it.
One of the nice things about being an early adopter is that you get to buy stuff at a great price. It may not be as refined as the later models, but you will make it up on the front end price reduction.
That boat should have been 70K the first year. That is what they cost to build and profit from. I have yet to turn a profit on a boat, and we are selling for a lot more than that...
Good to see you are starting to move some boats Wes.
We don't always see eye to eye but best of luck to you!;)

EmpirE231
06-12-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah that most likely is a bad example... I was just pointing out that it had a hard time selling back then for that price, when the market was hot. and now the market is not so hot, with a higher price. and I totally understand when it comes to making a profit on the boat!! my whole post mainly went on about used boats.
hope things are going good for trident, and hope that review made the phone ring!! :)

Hardly Satisfied
06-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Somepeople are just looking for something new all the time....... im already thinking PAST the new boat we are building;)
It will be up for sale right after you pick it up from dcb. just my .02 :D

HM
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Wes....
We don't always see eye to eye .....
It is hard to see eye to eye with someone who is 5'7", unless you kneel down :D

Froggystyle
06-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Good to see you are starting to move some boats Wes.
We don't always see eye to eye but best of luck to you!;)
Thanks Darryl! We waving to each other again then? ;)

Froggystyle
06-12-2007, 03:10 PM
It is hard to see eye to eye with someone who is 5'7", unless you kneel down :D
He wasn't talking to you Frank... ;)

77charger
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
it seems that alot of people don't think boats depreciate??
compare a performance boat to a luxury or performance car. buy a new S550 today, and then see what it sells for 4-5 years later... even if you didn't put many miles on it. you can expect a mojor drop... well over 50%. but people who bought their boats new for around 70-90 g's 5 years ago are still expecting to get low 70's maybe down into the mid 60's on their boat 3-5 years later. granted the price of new boats has gone up, but they're just that! NEW BOATS. you can't really compare to what it would cost to build new, because that would mean the Boat is NEW, 0 hours, nothing has been used, you got to pick your colors, etc. never been a drink spilled in or a seat farted on... BRAND NEW!!.
anywho... things priced right (good) are selling, and will continue to sell pretty quickly. things priced semi-fairl will sit on the market longer, and things priced ridiculously (trying to get what you paid for it) will sit even longer, but there's always that chance that someone will just love the boat and want it so bad they'll pay the price... and then it sells pretty quickly also
Pretty much right on.If i was in the market to buy another boat i would rather buy a new one for not much more vs a used or abused one.And for all those that think they are selling at a loss if it truely was a good deal it would be sold by now wouldnt it?
For now i plan on sticking with my 21 ft eliminator its 14 years old but still a good boat fits our needs just fine for the last 5 years

HM
06-12-2007, 03:50 PM
He wasn't talking to you Frank... ;)
Hey...I am all of 5'8"!!! :D

Magic34
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I felt I saw the market heading this way, so I put my boat up for sale last October and had a deposit in December.
The reasons I sold and switched boat types:
87 octane instead of 91+, Lower fuel consumption, Lower insurance payment, More familly oriented at the lake (for me, young kids), Making overnight trips easy, freedom to go to whatever lake I wanted and not worry about getting off the water until I wanted to. Also, seems like accidents were happening more and even though I am 100% alert out there, if I wasn't doing the run, my and my family's risk would be lower.
Now, my cat was set up for many different things that could fall in that list and I loved the boat, but I wanted a change of pace and so far i got what I was looking for.

98 Vector 21
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I was just on Boattrader.com and usually there are about 120k boats for sale. There are 183k for sale at the moment.:eek: I have never seen it over 123k. I am pretty sure there are going to be a few good deals to be had this winter and I hope to be a boat owner next summer:D
Oh, yeah , they just revamped the look and the site is sloooooooooow!:(
BOB(glad I sold the boat already)ALOO:D
Anyone else shopping?
Did you by any chance see the 28 Skater w/300's....That boat has your name on it!!! Angie would love it! :D

Riverkid
06-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey...I am all of 5'8"!!! :D
In your 4" pumps. Fag.

BOBALOO
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Did you by any chance see the 28 Skater w/300's....That boat has your name on it!!! Angie would love it! :D
I really want a cabin area that I can make into a bed if I need to. I also want to do some ocean cruising and fishing:eek:
My short list consists of
29 Shockwave
That is pretty much it:D I have looked at a few of my friends 29's and a couple at the factory and they seem to be the best for me and what I do.
I dont care about going fast anymore, (since I sold the nitrous big block jet boats):eek: I like to take in the sights and cruise:D I guess I'm old at 33 ;) :D

Kilrtoy
06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I really want a cabin area that I can make into a bed if I need to. I also want to do some ocean cruising and fishing:eek:
29 Shockwave
That is pretty much it:D I have looked at a few of my friends 29's and a couple at the factory and they seem to be the best for me and what I do.
I dont care about going fast anymore, (since I sold the nitrous big block jet boats):eek: I like to take in the sights and cruise:D I guess I'm old at 33 ;) :D
Does that mean Angie's twin 600's are out...
Oh no! she aint gonna be Happy Mike Honcho

Goldilocks
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Does that mean Angie's twin 600's are out...
Oh no! she aint gonna be Happy Mike Honcho
LOL :D

TOBTEK
06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
It will be up for sale right after you pick it up from dcb. just my .02 :D
IT ALREADY IS...WANT A 2008 F29? YOU CAN STILL PICK YOUR GRAPHICS:D

Hardly Satisfied
06-13-2007, 05:06 AM
IT ALREADY IS...WANT A 2008 F29? YOU CAN STILL PICK YOUR GRAPHICS:D
I will email you the colors

TOBTEK
06-13-2007, 05:59 AM
I will email you the colors
you WOULDN'T know what to do with a 2008 DCB F29 thats Bagged with a #6 drive, new CNC Merc 18degree prop. What would you do with a GT Marine 1200/1400hp,588ci quad Efi motor, Bam two speed tranny, capped front and back,beds and AC for the kids below deck...plus more bling,bling,bling----- BUT you could MAYBE learn for only 249K:D , call Rusty and get your graphics done, and ANDY for your loan SOON.

HM
06-13-2007, 06:55 AM
If you stand on a 4' ladder
In your 4" pumps. Fag.
I am gonna give both you guys a lesson in low center of gravity!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
:D :D :D

Hardly Satisfied
06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
you WOULDN'T know what to do with a 2008 DCB F29 thats Bagged with a #6 drive, new CNC Merc 18degree prop. What would you do with a GT Marine 1200/1400hp,588ci quad Efi motor, Bam two speed tranny, capped front and back,beds and AC for the kids below deck...plus more bling,bling,bling----- BUT you could MAYBE learn for only 249K:D , call Rusty and get your graphics done, and ANDY for your loan SOON.
What, go with Andy and not you :confused:

Hardly Satisfied
06-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Toby, are you selling the golf cart allready

2Driver
06-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Every year Boat trader is it's thickest just before the fourth of July. Add to that the stuff TCHB pointed out and you have some extra inventory.

Steamin' Rice
06-13-2007, 08:33 AM
29 Shockwave
Check out cdog's 29 shockwave in the spam section - very nice with clean graphics

cdog
06-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Check out cdog's 29 shockwave in the spam section - very nice with clean graphics
Good lookin out Greg.:D Are you up for taking the boat to pleasent on Sat. morning?

TOBTEK
06-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Toby, are you selling the golf cart allready
SURE....... how think is your checkbook these days. You could AT LEAST pay for the screen door your boy DESTROYED
:confused:

Hardly Satisfied
06-14-2007, 08:10 AM
SURE....... how think is your checkbook these days. You could AT LEAST pay for the screen door your boy DESTROYED
:confused:
:eek: :sleeping: :sleeping: