PDA

View Full Version : Apple Browser for Win XP is...

bigq
06-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Fast man:D
Beta version though, faster then Firefox;)
http://www.apple.com/safari

EXTRMBT
06-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Loaded it and removed it almost as fast.:eek: No Thanks! It was way to slow. I'll stick with Internet Exploiter for now. I'll wait to try it again when it's no logner a Beta version.:D

casean
06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Fast man:D
Beta version though, faster then Firefox;)
http://www.apple.com/safari
It was also broken (http://erratasec.blogspot.com/2007/06/niiiice.html) on the first day :D
Safari browses the web VERY well. It just doesn't do anything else. It's pretty good for your average computer user. Still like my Firefox + extensions on Windoze, and Camino on my Mac.

bigq
06-12-2007, 10:11 AM
It was also broken (http://erratasec.blogspot.com/2007/06/niiiice.html) on the first day :D
Safari browses the web VERY well. It just doesn't do anything else. It's pretty good for your average computer user. Still like my Firefox + extensions on Windoze, and Camino on my Mac.
No more broken then OSX:D
Did I say beta;) A lot of sites you can not use it on since it is not recognized. I would not do any banking with it thats for sure, but I would not do it with any apple OS;)
It is fast though on most sites.

essexjet
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Did I say beta;) A lot of sites you can not use it on since it is not recognized. I would not do any banking with it thats for sure, but I would not do it with any apple OS;)
It is fast though on most sites.
I just downloaded it. Its pretty fast, a lot faster then IE or Firefox.
One question, what does Beta mean?

R.A.D.man
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Did I say beta;) I would not do any banking with it thats for sure, but I would not do it with any apple OS;)
Just curious why you say that? I'm a Mac user and do access my accounts from it.

casean
06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
One question, what does Beta mean?
Beta is usually the first version released outside of a company/group that develops the software, for the purpose of real-world testing.

casean
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Just curious why you say that? I'm a Mac user and do access my accounts from it.
I was about ready to ask the same question :confused: I use my Mac to access all sorts of secure sites, and have never had a problem. Last time I checked there was far more holes/DoS issues against Windows :idea:

bigq
06-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Beta is computer for "you're the ginuea pig." :D
It's very fast, but not nearly as robust as Firefox w/ extensions.
Oink:D
Just do all the security updates for OSX and you will be fine.;)

driverno8
06-12-2007, 11:53 AM
What the hell does that mean. I've had OSX for a few years now and never had a problem. I'm on a Mac for a living. It's bullet proof. I just think it's some of the Windows users being jealous.

essexjet
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Oink:D
Just do all the security updates for OSX and you will be fine.;)
For windows XP?

bigq
06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
For windows XP?
That too!

bigq
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
What the hell does that mean. I've had OSX for a few years now and never had a problem. I'm on a Mac for a living. It's bullet proof. I just think it's some of the Windows users being jealous.
Ok

RaceFace
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Thats why its referred to as "WinBlows"! :D :D
Years ago I had issues with Safari on secure websites (banks and such) but I don't anymore. I'm sure updates have cured that.

Seadog
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Any problems I ever had with Safari and online transactions was the fault of the other end. I have found way too many web techs were just too IE brainwashed to deal with anything else. It is the Henry Ford syndrum. You can have any browser, as long as it is IE.