PDA

View Full Version : To beach or not to beach??

FilthyHaBIT
06-12-2007, 01:34 PM
How many of you beach your boat and is it crazy to do so on a regular basis? This site is loaded with Havasu boaters and I've seen many pics of boats lined up on the sandy beaches. Most with the gorgeous gel coat jobs the west coast builders are known for. I'm an east coast boater and have been getting alot of flack for wanting to pull up to party beaches and bars that have sandy tie ups. Is anyone else freaky about rubbing a little gel away from their hull for convience and fun and to enjoy the lake more or am I just a moron thats going to get a huge bill when it comes time to recoat the bottom?

djunkie
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
This is my opinion so take it as that. I have no problem beaching my boat. Although I am very anal with its up keep I am strongly for using it and enjoying it. I do however take extra caution when pulling up to a beach. Make sure theres no big rocks and sometimes even get out and walk it up slowly.

lucky
06-12-2007, 01:54 PM
no i usually tie off in four feet of water at least - props are expensive

Not So Fast
06-12-2007, 01:58 PM
This is my opinion so take it as that. I have no problem beaching my boat. Although I am very anal with its up keep I am strongly for using it and enjoying it. I do however take extra caution when pulling up to a beach. Make sure theres no big rocks and sometimes even get out and walk it up slowly.
EXACTLY :D I am the same, like I wil not beach on the mainland side of the channel lower section because its all little river rock but to not beach because of not wanting to hurt the sponsons bottom gel, get over it. Have it regelled every 4 years then. Gotta enjoy things ;) NSF

andy01
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
This is my opinion so take it as that. I have no problem beaching my boat.
I wouldn't either if I was driving your boat....... ya homo, I'd beach it at 50! :eek:
Andy :D

andy01
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I always have beached my boats and always will. There is a difference from beaching them on sand or rocks. You can beach a boat on the sand and not even notice any damage. Rocks of course can cause damage to the leading edge. Enjoy it! It's a boat, if you f up the bottom have it fixed for a couple hundred bucks.
Andy

40FlatDeck
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I just check to make sure it is nice and sandy, no rocks. If it is rocky I pass.

havaduner
06-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll beach my boat in the channel at Park Moabi, the sandy spots in the channel, and the sandy beach in Steamboat Cove. If the beach is gravel, or on the river, where the boat is bouncing on the sand, I'll go ahead and anchor it.

INI
06-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Weird this thread got started today...
I just got a call from the peeps doing my "beaching" work and its a total of 8 hours of gel work and repair...
Does anyone think 90.00 Dollars an hour is a little expensive.

djunkie
06-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't either if I was driving your boat....... ya homo, I'd beach it at 50! :eek:
:argue: :messedup:

havaduner
06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Weird this thread got started today...
I just got a call from the peeps doing my "beaching" work and its a total of 8 hours of gel work and repair...
Does anyone think 90.00 Dollars an hour is a little expensive.
Was just talking with a buddy that works for a Major RV dealer, that is what they just raised their labor rate to.

plaster dave
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I have always beached if the beach is nice.

nobling
06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
P.D. Well i dont have to worry about this or even think about :to beach or not to beach, cuz I got no ride for a few weeks. So If Im being a boat Bi**h my answer will be, LOOKS GOOD BEACH IT!!:D Call ya in AM plaster..;)

DMOORE
06-12-2007, 10:13 PM
As long as it sandy, no problemo.
Darrell.

XtrmWakeborder
06-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Yah I beach it. It has to be sand though.

2forcefull
06-13-2007, 03:03 AM
beach it

Mrs.Killer
06-13-2007, 06:42 AM
LMAO........:eek:

welk2party
06-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I beach it, and have it touched up every couple years. It is meant to be used...

Reaper1
06-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Just take a look around and see what the DCB guys are doing. If they are beaching then it is ok. ;)