PDA

View Full Version : My son graduated pre school today :)

riverbound
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
the graduate
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2091.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2090.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2099.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2098.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2097.jpg
My youngest (he starts next year)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2092.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2096.jpg
this was from the first day of school (when I dropped him off) Time goes by quick :(
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/dylan.jpg

ULTRA28
06-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Congrats. Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Windy
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Precious Bill.

riverracerx
06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
AWESOME! man how time flies. But having kids is a joy (a pain sometimes, but a real joy) Congrats to him!

Boatcop
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Nothing against you or your son, Bill. I know from experience what a big day it is when your children step up and enter a new stage in their lives. Each time makes you want to burst with pride.
But Cap and Gown Graduation for pre-school? Then again after Kindergarten? A few years later, Graduation from elementary school. Then from Middle School, and finally the only one (so far) that really means anything. High School.
And if they're lucky, smart and study hard, the Big Labowski. College!
"Graduating" them from every stage of school takes away from the importance of the only one's that matter. I remember when I graduated from High School, and finally earned that Cap and Gown. It was something to work and strive for, and something I worked hard to earn.
Maybe having an advancement ceremony, with suitable dress would suffice and give them proper recognition for advancing to the next stage of school. But when I see kids who are being "graduated" with cap and gown, simply because the teachers can't do anything more for them, and they don't fit in the desks any longer, it cheapens the real deal.
Again, nothing to soil your happy, proud day, but I think the schools are going a bit overboard in order to try and give kids self esteem that they should work for.
He does look cute, though. :)

Riverkid
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Our twins are done with Kindergarten tomorrow. Just got hot again today, so it will be a long summer...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/DSCN2091.jpg
This reminds me of the bridge to the desert bar... :D

al cole'holic
06-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Nothing against you or your son, Bill. I know from experience what a big day it is when your children step up and enter a new stage in their lives. Each time makes you want to burst with pride.
But Cap and Gown Graduation for pre-school? Then again after Kindergarten? A few years later, Graduation from elementary school. Then from Middle School, and finally the only one (so far) that really means anything. High School.
"Graduating" them from every stage of school takes away from the importance of the only one's that matter. I remember when I graduated from High School, and finally earned that Cap and Gown. It was something to work and strive for, and something I worked hard to earn.
Maybe having an advancement ceremony, with suitable dress would suffice and give them proper recognition for advancing to the next stage of school. But when I see kids who are being "graduated" with cap and gown, simply because the teachers can't do anything more for them, and they don't fit in the desks any longer, it cheapens the real deal.
Again, nothing to soil your happy, proud day, but I think the schools are going a bit overboard in order to try and give kids self esteem that they should work for.
..I'm gonna take a long shot here but I assume it's private school...?...if that's the case I will gladly do it every year if that's the pomp & circumstance they want to do! Worth it in my opinion. Congrats it is a big step for them and from K on its GAS ON for them!!

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
wooooooooo...whooooo:D :D :D very cool bill

bordsmnj
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Too cute Bill.
;)
Linda

rocket98
06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Thats :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Enjoy the ride..........

revndave
06-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Congrats Bill,But pre school???I'm 37 the only graduation I knew was high school.

lewiville
06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
That's marketing for ya. Think about it. Now you have to buy at least 4 X's the amount of garb that you would have before. Also, presents. You have to give the little bugger's presents and candy and cards. It's all a conspiracy I tell ya.
Riverbound, my daughter graduates from kindergarten on Saturday.

riverbound
06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
we were actually commenting on te same thing...but it made them happy and gave them a sense of accomplishment....plus for the $$ we spend for him to go there.... I have no problem with it ;)

RitcheyRch
06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
When I was growing up we had a Jr High Celebration and a High School Graduation.
Things have sure changed over the years, My Daughter had an Elementary School Promotion Celebration and a Jr High Graduation but they didnt have a gap and gown type event. They wore a nice outfit to both events.
Either way. Congrats to your Son for moving one more step up in the World.

2forcefull
06-12-2007, 07:23 PM
My son, Daniel also did the cap and gown for pre school, I sat in the Thomas and mac monday and watched him do it again, this time it was high school with honors

Mrs. 20
06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Adorable!:)

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Congragulations Billdo!! :)
who's the blondie? Is that your X?
RD

riverbound
06-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Congragulations Billdo!! :)
who's the blondie? Is that your X?
RD
thanks
and yes

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
thanks
and yes
No worries, just wondering who she was.. Thought you might already have another one to add to the harem over at your house. ;)
RD

Quest4Fun
06-13-2007, 02:40 PM
My son finished 8th grade a few weeks ago and there was no graduation ceremony. They also did not have one when he left kindergarten, or elementary school. They wait for High School graduation to do the big ceremony. They did have an 8th grade dance where they dressed up nice, they had a great time!
Enjoy them all through school...I can't beleive I'll have a Freshman :jawdrop:

Cole Trickle
06-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Cool pics...Tell the little guy congrats:D
Must be a special feeling when your kid passes up your acomplishments on the educational ladder;):)
Don't be surprised if your mom fires you and he takes over the family business after summer break:devil:

woody56
06-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Very cool Bill. They grow up fast, next thing you know there going to the prom. So enjoy these priceless moments.:D :D :D

dmontzsta
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
enjoy! mine just finished second grade today and I feel old.

riverbound
06-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Cool pics...Tell the little guy congrats:D
Must be a special feeling when your kid passes up your acomplishments on the educational ladder;):)
Don't be surprised if your mom fires you and he takes over the family business after summer break:devil:
LMFAO
well in 17 days it will no longer be a family owned......well it will be but by someone elses family :D

riverbound
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
No worries, just wondering who she was.. Thought you might already have another one to add to the harem over at your house. ;)
RD
Nope... :D